Anyone goes to prenatal yoga classes?

rafiki

Hi mummies,

I am keen on going to prenatal yoga classes. Anyone has recommendation or experience with prenatal yoga classes? Mind to share? I'm staying in the west, so it would be good if the location is not too far away.

Many thanks! :)

Happened to find one in Rochester Park called Vanda Yoga. Not sure how much though. Do you usually check with ur gynae first to see if it's ok to go for prenatal yoga?

I am with pure yoga.. for a couple of months le.. Have yet to try their prenatal class as I only discovered I was pregnant last Fri haha..
First time mum too! Would be gg for the 1st class tml! :)

Hi mummies,

I am keen on going to prenatal yoga classes. Anyone has recommendation or experience with prenatal yoga classes? Mind to share? I'm staying in the west, so it would be good if the location is not too far away.

Many thanks! :)
Go Amore fitness. There have personal trainer for prenatal yoga and other training to customize our need.

I've tried Mother and Child at Tanglin. Class prices are quite affordable and you can learn some good techniques to breathe and move which helps as your belly gets bigger.

Apart from yoga, I think barre or ballet classes are also a good way to keep fit. I just bought one trial pre-natal class with WeBarre and will try this week and update if anyone is interested to know. I hope I don't faint of exhaustion haha!

Edit: 12 Jan 18

I tried the prenatal Barre class at WeBarre yesterday with Jamie. It's quite a good full body workout as you work out your arms, glutes, abs and legs. It's not a simple workout at all and would be helpful if you have already been exercising otherwise you would keep stopping frequently. I had to stop a few times as I felt "the burn."

Last edited:
May I know when is it suitable to go for prenatal yoga class? Is it 2nd trimester onwards?
Different studios & teachers recommend differently, they usually state on their website or your can call them to check. Generally most will be happier if you are 14weeks or more as the spontaneous miscarriage rate in 1st trimester is high so they don't want you to blame them (or yourself) if the worst happens, even if the event had nothing to do with the yoga but who can say for sure right? Also most will recommend that your morning sickness symptoms have subsided before you start anything. If you were already doing yoga regularly or are very fit before getting pregnant then they probably won't place much restrictions on when you can start prenatal yoga.

Looking forward to cost efficient prenatal class. Don't mind can shall cost and experience after the mommies went for the class?

Different studios & teachers recommend differently, they usually state on their website or your can call them to check. Generally most will be happier if you are 14weeks or more as the spontaneous miscarriage rate in 1st trimester is high so they don't want you to blame them (or yourself) if the worst happens, even if the event had nothing to do with the yoga but who can say for sure right? Also most will recommend that your morning sickness symptoms have subsided before you start anything. If you were already doing yoga regularly or are very fit before getting pregnant then they probably won't place much restrictions on when you can start prenatal yoga.
Thanks for the advice gbtiepolo!

Im at 25 weeks and doing prenatal yoga once every week. Prenatal yoga apparently helped my sister in law with her delivery - 1) her baby didnt turn during her last trimester, and after her yoga instructor taught her to repeat a few stretches everyday the baby finally turned, and 2) her delivery was less than 1 hour.

Decided to give prenatal yoga a try after hearing her glowing review. I believe it does help to a certain extent since it strengthens your core. My gynae warned me against lazing around and to still exercise regularly to ensure a smoother delivery.

Im at 25 weeks and doing prenatal yoga once every week. Prenatal yoga apparently helped my sister in law with her delivery - 1) her baby didnt turn during her last trimester, and after her yoga instructor taught her to repeat a few stretches everyday the baby finally turned, and 2) her delivery was less than 1 hour.

Decided to give prenatal yoga a try after hearing her glowing review. I believe it does help to a certain extent since it strengthens your core. My gynae warned me against lazing around and to still exercise regularly to ensure a smoother delivery.

May I know which prenatal yoga class did she go? I went but my 1st labour took a long time. :/

May I know which prenatal yoga class did she go? I went but my 1st labour took a long time. :/

She learnt yoga from her friend privately whom Im taking lessons with now. My sister in law was at her third baby when she started prenatal yoga - ive heard the first labor is always difficult! But she did tell me that the breathing and kegel exercises during her prenatal yoga helped - she was much calmer and felt better than previous deliveries.

You can read more about kegel exercises here: http://americanpregnancy.org/labor-and-birth/kegel-exercises/

According to american pregnancy association they help you to have an easier birth.

She learnt yoga from her friend privately whom Im taking lessons with now. My sister in law was at her third baby when she started prenatal yoga - ive heard the first labor is always difficult! But she did tell me that the breathing and kegel exercises during her prenatal yoga helped - she was much calmer and felt better than previous deliveries.

You can read more about kegel exercises here: http://americanpregnancy.org/labor-and-birth/kegel-exercises/

According to american pregnancy association they help you to have an easier birth.

Thanks for the info. Have gone thru the exercises you mentioned. However, I am still wondering whether I have not done enough yoga exercises last pregnancy. But still ended up going under csect despite attending the yoga class.

I jus check out the platnium yoga in Jurong east. let me update again once i go for my first class

I did walk-in and make enquires about their prenatal-yin class. It is not Prenatal specific. I was told that only when a pregnant participant is present, then will it be modified as a prenatal class. I am not exactly sure, but i doubt it's specifically meant for mummies-to-be.
I missed the only session of their prenatal-yin on a Saturday and had to settle for another alternative class the next day. It wasn't that fantastic, as i am quite a yoga- addict myself, it did not give me the experience i was looking for, neither did i learn anything more than just rotating my joints from head to toe.

Right now, i stay in the West and i am on a hunt for other prenatal yoga classes right now. I am 18 weeks pregnant and used to be a fitness junkie, had been practicing yoga at least 4 times a week before i was pregnant.

I did walk-in and make enquires about their prenatal-yin class. It is not Prenatal specific. I was told that only when a pregnant participant is present, then will it be modified as a prenatal class. I am not exactly sure, but i doubt it's specifically meant for mummies-to-be.
I missed the only session of their prenatal-yin on a Saturday and had to settle for another alternative class the next day. It wasn't that fantastic, as i am quite a yoga- addict myself, it did not give me the experience i was looking for, neither did i learn anything more than just rotating my joints from head to toe.

Right now, i stay in the West and i am on a hunt for other prenatal yoga classes right now. I am 18 weeks pregnant and used to be a fitness junkie, had been practicing yoga at least 4 times a week before i was pregnant.

actually if u work in CBD/takashimaya area, u can consider Pure Yoga.. they have pre-natal classes which are specifically meant for pregnant ladies + those who aren't but are interested to find out. The teachers are trained to teach pre-natal too.

i went for yoga practice prior to getting pregnant but i suspended it and resumed only at abt wk 18.. have been attending their pre-natal classes.. jus tried out normal hatha yoga class today and as i was the only pregnant lady; the teacher helped to modify my poses to make it preggie safe.. plus, i could attend meditation & yoga therapy kind of classes :)

I am currently at week 18.i recently resumed yoga as it's recommended to start during 2nd trimester.im with pure yoga and I do prenatal yoga 2 times a week at Takashimaya.
Some classes are more tiring than the rest depending on the teacher.
But u can do at your own comfort n rest if u feel breathless or tired.it helps me with my sleep.
I m paying corporate rate of $148 or sth with 1 year contract.
Joining fee was maybe $80 or sth.
Taka prenatal class is usually on tues 12.30,12.45, thurs 12.30,1245 or ard there n sat 4pm

Back