Anyone gave birth in Mount Avernia

I delivered both my boys at Mt. A. No compliant. But, do be prepared you might get disturbances from your neighbour if you are not staying in single bedded ward. Cos you simply cant choose your neighbour, right.

Hi miemie,

where will u give birth? i've booked mine at Mt A.

Mummyfel: so sorry to hear that, then how r u now?

feifei>> i will be giving birth at Mount A too.. that was why i came into this thread to look see look see.. so early need to book the bed already? thot nowadays no need to book in advance already right?

Hi all,

I delivered my boy at Mt A on 4 July'09. C-Sec with epidural, stay one nite in 2-beded room as all single room are fully occupied on that nite, transfered to single room on the next day and stay in single room for 2 nites with companion. Thier single room is quite spacious and comfortable.

The services there was good, all nurses are very nice and cheerful. Highly recomended.

My hospital bill and doctor charges as follows:

Hopital charges - 3,450.48
Gynae charges - 3,000.00
Doctor operation fee - 830.00
Baby package-maternity - 594.00
Baby doctor attendence fee- 572.00
Total charges = 8445.00

After deducting all claims from medisave, I still have to fork out cash abt 3.1K.

Hi Babiesmeme,
The hospital did not request us to pay any deposit upon admission, my hubby settled the bill by credit card on the day we discharged.

Hi mummyjj & everyone,

Just wondering, if I opt for 1-bedded and they are out of 1-bedded and transfer me to stay at a 2-bedded room for 1 day and the rest of the stay transfer me back to a 1-bedded, will I still need to pay the rates of the 1-bedded room even though I have stayed in a 2-bedded for a night?

Also what if they put me in a 2-bedded room throughout my stay? Will I pay for the 2-bedded room cost or the 1-bedded that I have opt for initially?

TIA!

If you take a 1-bedded package but stayed in a 2 bedded for one night, they will adjust the one-bedded package rate to account for that 2-bedded one night stay. How much exactly, I don't know. I think they got formula.

If you are unable to get a 1-bedded and stayed in the 2-bedded throughout then you are charged the 2-bedded package.

However, if they convert a 2-bedded room into a single room for you then you will be charged the 1-bedded package.

Hi,

I would like to know do I book hospital package with my gynae or the hosp? Inorder to enjoy the Eduction class enrolment discount.

Thanks

Hi Jane,

My gynae is doctor Fong Yang, the charges is included delivery charges and attendence fee. I delivered my baby via c-Sec, mayb that's why he charge so high lor... I didn't ask my gynae why so expensive, bai seh leh... since he is good and very professional, and my baby is healty, I will just pay for it.

Lavender,
don't worry, they will charge you according to the type of room that you stay instead of the room that you opt.

Ashgray,
Normally, we book the hospital [package with gynae, they will fax in to the hospital, then hospital will send you their package info and confirm the booking with you.

ultraman, same ward as when I gave birth. You're right the nurses were so nice and friendly.
And if you end up with 2bed convert into 1bed, keep asking them for the 1bed.
I hesistated when a 1 bed became avail on my 2nd day there since I had to move all my things but it was worth it. Flat screen TV, enough space for visitors. Like hotel stay.

Lavender,

If you stay at 2bedded on 1st night and sub 1 bedded on the next, they will deduct the room charge difference BUT for the maternity pkg, you will be billed based on 1 bedded rate.

BTW, just to let you know medisave max claim has been increased. So its additional savings..

Hi Marisa, thanks for your reply
happy.gif

Kanec,
What is the increase in the medisave max claim? I read on the MOH website and it said something about this medisave maternity package. Is this what u r referring to? Any idea how should I go about applying for the package?

Thanks so much!

Lavender,

You can get more information from your gynae's clinic.

For c-sect epi, under the old scheme, you can only claim up to $2750 + $450 (antenatal pkg)

But with the new increase, the maxi claim is $3950.

You keep the receipt of your antenatal bills and pass them to the hospital upon admission. (up to $450). They will do the rest for you.

All the best.

I would highly recommend mount a . Their service is really excellent from the first I check in till the day I was discharge . I paid about 2500 cash and the rest by medisave for 1 bedded for elective c section - epidural. My gynae have done a good job - dr chua yang . I recovered the 2nd day of surgery and requested to go home early as i can walked by myself without any pain . By a week, I am able to walked and do house chore like I never undergo any surgery. I am really thankful to my gynae ,Dr Chua Yang for her excellent job . My stiches look nice and I am really impressed .

hi charmine,

good to know tat u are recovering well from csect down by dr chua yang. i m under her too. she is recommending me csec due to warts. still in a dilemma as to whether or not to go for csec. so the amt paid after medisave claim is 2.5k.

so u only stay 2 nite?

Gave birth to both my kids in Mt A. Very good experience. Was in a 2-bedder for 1st child and my neighbours snored, so didn't get enough sleep. Recently gave birth to 2nd child and went for single bed, it was spacious and very clean. The nurses are great and food was delicious.

I'm with Dr Chen Chern Yi for both kids, she's really great! Still seeing her for regular women's health checkups.

2nd child - elect C with epi is around S$2.8K (after claims)

Wendy,

There is an increase in medisave claim recently. Perhaps you want to check with you gynae the estimate cost.

I knw some gynae provide information of their estimate bill based on their patient recent claims.

Different gynae charges differently so its not easy to gauge how much you need.

May I ask mummies who hv delivered in Mt A recently, what do they provide to you upon discharge?

In addition, Mt A has sent me a confirmation that I hv booked them for delivery through my gynae. However, I hv not selected my room type yet. When do I choose? Upon admission?

Thanks.

For baby: bath tub, receiving blanket, leftover diapers/wet wipes, Agnes B-lookalike diaper bag with various booklets in it, that's all I remember

Mother: Leftover pads if you use theirs, toiletries, that's all I think

I chose and booked my room about a month before birth and they will confirm your room type when doing admission. I didn't send the confirmation letter back to them.

Tks Mikel!!
happy.gif
Hmm... Agnes B lookalike bag? Must be stylo?

What milk did they feed the baby in nursery? Or you're doing total breastfeeding?

Yar ... quite stylo except for the labels of Nestle & Mt A. I snipped them off.

The nurse will ask you which formula you prefer. I had a c-section so milk didn't come fast enough for my hungry girl, so i supplemented with formula at night.

Think it's better to book the room just in case you give birth on a 'popular' day. You can always request for a change but subjected to availability.

Tks, your info really helps... will check with Mt A on booking of rooms the next time I'm there for my chkup.
happy.gif

Cheers.

hi all,

if i send the Fax the confirmation letter back to them. Does that mean i had "Booked" the room type i want? but subjected to availability.
Please PM me. as i will lose the thread.

yes bt, it is still subject to availability on that very day itself. they are generally helpful and will do their best to accede to your request. i didn't have single room on first night (cos no more rooms) but they managed to do a transfer lateron.

yah.. i stay in 2-bedded for my 2 nights there as there are no more single beds liao.. force me to save money... :p

hihi,

i gave birth to my boy on 10 Oct 09. I opted for single bedded but it is fully occupied on my first nite. So they gave me double bedded. Nevertheless, I was transferred to single bedded on 2nd night. I was charged accordingly.

My experience with Mt A was very good. Nice staff, nice food and nice room. Will definitely go back if I have 2nd one.
happy.gif

mummies

just want to share my gf recently gave birth in MT A, single bedded. feel that its much better than tmc.(personal opinion)
happy.gif

All mummies to be

I gave birth to both my boys @Mt A cuz their service there is good although i stay at 2 beded but i find it good enough already.

Hi all

I gave birth at Mt A and found it a pleasant experience. The nurses at the delivery ward were really cheerful, considering I was in labour at 2am! Those at the maternity wards were attentive to your needs. So I will definitely go there again to deliver my #2, who is due in Aug this year.

Dear All

I agree to greenapple.
I have a frz who deliver @TMC told to be free upgrade to 2 beded Bill is higher then mine. When I stay 2 beded.

i delivered at Mt A last august... i am definitely going back there for my #2 when the time comes. Friendly encouraging staff, good medical knowledge, etc...

hello all, reviving this thread
for mummies delivering in Mt A, i am looking for a female gynae...which mummies are having female gynae(s) who does delivery in Mt A?

thanks!

Back