Anyone gave birth in Mount Avernia

any mommies just delivered there?me thinkign of choosing it over TMC too ....need some feedback s
happy.gif

I gave birth to my 1st one at Mount Alvernia. Should be going back to Mount A for my 2nd one which is due in Dec 2009.

Hi Mummyjj,

I stayed in 2bedded ward. Confinement food was great, Service of the nurses were good too!
Thumbs up for Mount A!
Sister Kang Pre-antenatal class was great..she encourage Breastfeeding!

Hi, my wife just delivered in Mt A. In fact, as I am speaking, we are still waiting for baby to be able to discharge (using their free internet service on my laptop).

I cannot comment on the bills yet, as I will only know tomorrow upon discharge. As for the service, I must say they are excellent. They are very obliged to attend to you, when you call for them, big or small matters. My wife had difficulty with latching on (still practising), and had to call the same nurse in twice within half hour. She came in both times with a smile and seems to enjoy helping.

No complains about the service. Since now is the orange alert status for the swine flu, we seen through their upgrades from green (on day of admission) to yellow (second day of stay) till orange (today). Very impressed with their efficiency and courtesy to inform the patients of the various changes.

If we are having second kid, I think my wife will agree also, that we will come back to Mt A. Oh, we chose Mt A over TMC (my gynae only do these two) because of the delivery suite. My wife dun like the small suite in TMC over Mt A. No regrets till now, less probably nothing much to walk around when bored. Baby cannot stay with us now as she is undergoing jaundice UV treatment.

Hi Corine's dad, Congrats!
Thank u very much for your valued comments, now I am very sure which 1 I would choose. By the way, hope u can update me the bill size after your wife discharge. Thanks!

Does Mt A have hospital tour too where we can see their delivery suites? Me choosing between Mt A and TMC too
happy.gif

Hi GG, yes they have tour. I will also go for Mt. A. My wife was staying in the single room, so I get a chance to stay overnight with her. To share with you, Mt. A has 2 wards.

The ward on the right is called the happy ward. They have a lot of Indian nurses in this ward. Try to get into this one.

These ladies are fun and very good. I called them the happiest ward.

Here are the photos of these ladies.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/matthiasleow/HappiestWard#

haha
i like the ward which Ultraman mentioned too...
last year when my ger was warded, coz the kids ward was full, they arranged for me to stay with her in this ward.

the nurses here are wonderful.. always very cheery, greeting me and my baby when i carry her to walk ard.

i forgot the nurses names but there is one who showered for my ger. She came and told me to rest, then she took my ger and showered her for me, w/o me asking her to! She took her time to give my ger a good n proper shower, gave me extra teats n glass bottles, sample milk powder to take home... v nice ladies! i was shocked that they are so dedicated to their work.

this time ard, i am gonna give birth in MAH.... instead of TMC where my #1 was delivered.

I hav been to TMC once, me too hav the same feeling, inside the building is very cramp and they have a very inconvenient and lousy car park. My hubby complaint so much abt their car park.

Yea, their valet parking system is horrible. And super expensive. Each time consultation there if long waiting time end up pay about $10 plus. And must wait for car to come from their underground carpark, at times take very long..Traffic around TMC is heavy too..

gg:
their billing is very confusing and nurses are prolly very busy thus are quite frazzled..

when i had #1, they took 1.5hrs to send me my ger coz they were changing shift.. and nursery is only on 3rd and 5th floor.

from what i heard from ladies in my edd thread, they seem to be pushing patients to take the suites by emphasizing how good the suites are, eg dvd player, bigger room, sofa bed, coffee/tea making facility.

their parking is horrid, always jam there, to U-turn when coming from thomson road can take 10mins... feel the way the building is very haphazard n life are slow, if there is a case of emergency eg fire.... i wonder what will happen.. :p

my 2 cents lar...

recently my godbrother's wife just gave birth at Mt A and she commented that the delivery room toilet was smelly and faulty. the mid wives were also quite rough. wondering if anyone has experienced these.
i am still deciding where i should go...

I have no idea why your godbrother's wife was in that kind of room.

The delivery suite that my wife was good is quite good. Everything was fine and the midwife was very gentle. Always there to encourage my wife.

Hi

I just delivered at Mt A. 4 bedded ward. C-Section on 30th April. St Elizabeth ward. The nurses there is helpful n answer to your emergency call v fast n always have a smile on.
When my BB cant latch on they teach me for those past 2 days. Overall service thumbs up.

Bill: 4 bedded C-Section plus extra 1 day stay for my BB for jaundice UV . around S$ 4k plus.

Hi WCY

I recommand my gynae DR Babu. she is an experience female gynae. when i was 37 wk 2 days my weight drop n she suggest immediate c-section due to nutrient might be insufficient to the BB. When my BB was born, the nurse say BB low blood sugar.

I must say thank you for her immediate action. So that my BB can be safe for labour.

(Remark: Her stitches is good)

Tel: 6737 8687 Supreme Clinic

I gave birth recently at Mt A. Stayed in 1-bedder with hubby. I tried inducing for natural but unable to dilate, ended up c-section. Delivery Suite and toilet was very clean. I stayed in Our Ladies Ward and it was classy and clean. Toilet is excellent. The staff at Mt A are wonderful! Be it nurses / security guards, they are all friendly, attentive, caring and simply great! Carpark is a bliss as compared to TMC. Cost wise, total costing wih 1 bedder 3 days stay including PD's fees and Dr's operation fees is abt$6K+ and I'm only paying about $2.5K in cash (the rest paid by medisave). I will go back there again for delivery for my next child.
happy.gif

I gave birth in Year 2008 at Mount A. Stayed in 2bedded ward, cash payment : 2.5K

Natural delivery with Epidural.
My Gynae operating fees were expensive.

I gave birth in FEB 2009 at Mount A.
Stayed in 4bedded ward, Assisted birth (forcep) w/out epi

Me and my baby cash payment: $380.++ (less than $400)

Mummyfel,
What's Gynae operating fee? Is it part of Gynae's package? Could you share the detailed bill? The following is the detailed bill of one example from TMC (http://babyhaore.blogspot.com/2009/03/delivery-cost-at-thomson-medical-centre.html). Is MAH's bill structure silimar to this? Thanks a lot...

Hospital and doctors charges for mum
06th January 2008
Normal delivery with Epidural (1 bedded 2 days) - $1,880
Dr Kwa Bee Hwa (for epi) - $375
Dr WK Tan - $1391
Accommodation for spouse - $150
Drugs/medicine - $103.7
Medical supplies - $51.2
Medical laboratory fees - $69
Procedure - $69
Use of equipment - $125

Hospital and doctor charge for newborn
06th January 2008
Baby package (2 days) - $338
Medical supplies - $37
Medical laboratory fees - $113
Procedure - $70
Dr SC Keoy - $225

Hi Zhizunbao,

My Gynae is not from Mount A, but has her own clinic at Punggol.

She charge $1800 for the delivery fee.
Thus, my cash payment comes up to 2.5K after deducting medisave.

anyone has any MAH's bill structure to share.. now considering to del at MAH or RH.. wanted to see if there's any significant difference ..

I had given birth in MtA for both my kids. I really like the enviroment there as compare to TMC. I stayed in 2 bedded last Dec, and I paid abt $1.2k cash for C-sect. Most of the cash is paid to the Doc operation fee and BB doc.

The cash we paying most go to the gynea. As for hospital most r deducted from medisave.

Hi Mummyfel,

did u mean that your dr is dr Chen Chern Yi? did u keep your cordblood with her? if yes, do we need to pay the charges for dr fee? Thank you

Hi Feifei,

Yes, my gynae is Dr Chen Chern Yi. Nope, I did not keep my cordblood with her. Are you with Dr Chen too?
When is your EDD?

Hi Feifei & Mummyfel,
Do u keep coreblood with your gynae, the hospital or some 3rd party organization? how's the charge?
Thanks.

Hi mummyfel,

yes, i am with her now
happy.gif
. my EDD is mid oct 2009.

Hi zhizunbao,

i haven't decided whether want to keep it or not. Now still look for the information about it. heard that stemcord has 1st payment 1200 sing before disc and 250 for annual fee. but still don't know is there any doctoe fee charges.

Hi Feifei,

I didnt keep my cordblood with Dr Chen. No intention too for my No.2 too.
My edd is on 28th Dec 2009. Next appt is 16th July. : )

By the way, is this ur first delivery with Dr Chen?

Hi mummyfel,

yes, this is my 1st time with her, cause this is also my 1st child
happy.gif
. Just went for appt yesterday. So ur one is a boy or girl? my one is baby girl
happy.gif

Hi Feifei,

This will be my No.#2. Gender unknown yet. Should be known next Thursday- 16weeks.
First one is a Boy, so Im hoping it will be a girl this time round!

I want to deliver at Mt A this time. EDD is early Dec. Was at KKH 6 years ago and the experience was horrid.

Hi Fitti,

Recently I was admitted to KKH for high fever, cough and running nose. 1 stay at KKH is enough for me... I will not want to go back there again!

Feel that the doctor there just want to earn your hard earn money..
I knew Im fine already but the doctor want me to stay for another 2more days! Also, I told him to remove the drip for me but he gave alot of excuse saying what if I vomitted again?
For goodness sake, drip is to prevent de-hydrated....and vomitting is part and parcel of the pregnancy...

Also, when I told the doctor I want to be discharge, he agree but informed the nurse to discharge me at 5.30pm...

Hospital discharge after 1pm, the patient will need to pay extra for 1more day! I told the nurse no firmly, I want to discharge before 1pm.

Lastly, the toilet really stink!!! Yucks!

Hi

I delivered at Mt A, although there was one occasion I discharged only at 3pm and was served lunch that day, they did not charge me for additional half a day so felt they were quite nice in that aspect...

Back