Anyone gave birth at Gleneagle?

irene95337

Hi, Any mummies gave birth at Gleneagle? May i know the recent bill size pls. Any great services the hospt provide? Thanks

I gave birth to my baby girl in Gleneagles in Sep last year. The hospital is rather old and I took a two bedder so you can imagine certain lack of privacy because u need to share your room with another mother as well as her baby and all other visitors. The bill size was manageable I guess as in quite competitive. The hospital bill was around 1,700 not including epidural, I know all in all my hubby paid around S$2,500 for hospital bill using his medisave. This does not include your Gynae bill, which could be another S$2k plus. Just the doctor and hospital bill came up to around S$5.5k plus. Although I know of Mount Alvernia which provides newer suites better TV and better nursing guidance from nurses there cos I think they are more focused on maternity compared to Gleneagles and also cos my sister gave birth there a month after I did. All in all if u choose a single bedder would be better if u r someone who prefer to breastfeed and to have some privacy but that would be at least another S$500 more. I chose GH only becos my Gynae is based there.

Hi!

I am also giving birth at Gleneagles this May. Would like to check if anyone has been to the hospital tour? Also, any idea what items will be provided by the hospital for baby after delivery. Thank you for your input.

I gave birth in gleneagles Dec last yr. Stay in 2-bedder room on the 6th floor, which is the newly renovated ward. Can't remember the exact bill, but excluding gynae bill, cash outfront was abt $800-$900 for 3D/2N stay (including epidural & assisted delivery).
They gave a very basic diaper bag with some samples & lots of pamplet. Same as Foo An Gie, I chose GH cos my gynae is there.

Yah...think no one will choose this hospt if our gynae gave us a choice...hahah. TMC and Mt A are the most popular one nowsaday..cheaper and more pro in term of the classes the hospt provide. Anyway, J & M u giving birth early May? Mine is 30 Apr. If u are early prehaps i will meet u there! Haha

Hi! Irene,

My edd falls on 30 May.... my current gynae is based at Gleneagles. If I have a choice, I will choose TMC cos my #1 was delivered there...haiz.. It's really cheap and Mrs Wong is based there. If I need her help on breast engorgement, it will be easier.

Who is your gynae?

J&M - my gynea is Dr LC Foong from O & G clinic.
sweehalo - I read abd understand from some mummy that we can request for the 6th floor new ward. Dont know how true..now I'm only in my 31 weeks so not yet register at the hospt yet.When is ur EDD prehaps i can advice u after i have reg
happy.gif

Hi!

Is it true that we can request for 6th floor new ward? The nurse at my gynae's clinic has already pre-booked my ward when I was at 25 weeks. Let me check with the nurse abt this request when I go for my next checkup on 17 Mar.

Hi MTB.... a word of advise, be very careful when receiving your baby from the nursery. Check the tags on baby's legs, check the tags on the checksheets hanging on the baby cot.

oh gosh.. ya veron.. u mean.. they put the wrong bb in the cot n bring the wrong bb?

dat's scary.

im planning to give birth at glenE in aug... :S

Sweethalo - went for my checkup today and had also done my admission....Yap the admin gal told me that they would put my request for Level 6 ward but still subject to availability on the ward on the actual day
happy.gif

hi irene

i think u emailed me? i accidentally delete the msg but luckily i rmbr your nick.. phew lucky found u here..

ah we share the same gynae... my hospital bill.... natural with epi 3 days 2 nights... 2 bedder... cash top $2006.. all in.... though i opt for 2 bedder i got the whole room to myself.. stayed at the new floor... had a great experience.. nurses and staff are nice....

i chose GlenE cos i stayed nearby around holland and my gynae is there too... compared to TMC.. traffic is better...so in case of emergency like my case.. waterbag burst.... i arrived in less than 10 mins...

Thanks for the info Irene Tan
happy.gif

So we just hv put in request for 6th fl and hope for the best? hehe...sigh...

My fren got the 6th fl in Jan when she gave birth, but she is a Dentist aka Doctor ... think got priviledge.

ya, my gynae nurse also told me they have booked 6th floor ward for me but subject to availability. If it's full, then no choice
sad.gif

sweethalo...may I know who is your gynae at Gleneagles? Mine is Dr Chan.

hi MTBs...

Let me briefly describe what happened.

There was one afternoon during my 5days stay that my baby was brought to me for breastfeeding by the LC.

My husband was looking at the feeding chart hanging at his cot, and was shocked to see that another woman's patient label was affixed over my label on the chart. It wasn't just on the first page, but also on the next page.

So technically it was possible that my baby was pushed out to another woman patient!! Why do i say it was possible? Because when my baby was pushed to me, I wasn't shown the tags attached to his legs since he remained swaddled up. None of the LC or nurses bothered to un-swaddle him to verify the tags with me (although technically we can recognize our own baby's face). So the only form of ID that the baby has while in nursery, is the patient label on the chart, which in my case, was of another woman.

When we confronted the nurses at the nursery, they couldn't give us a good answer, and they told us to give them some time to sort it out. It wasn't until at least 30 mins later that my furious husband decided to stomp to get a satisfactory answer that we were told that that mistake was caused by a 'new' nurse on duty. Is that answer satisfactory? Will the 'new' nurse be able to compensate me in any way should any harm be done to my baby?

Some management came much later to offer her apologies for the cock-up. Me and my husband felt that since our baby will still be in their nursery till we get discharged, we should not blow up the matter then. We told them that such mistakes are not acceptable, and that they should ensure that safeguards are in place to prevent them.

My major gripes with GE, is that, how the hell was this allowed to happened???
1) The 'new' nurse affixed another patient's label over mine, when both our names are totally different. I can understand if names are somewhat similar, but this is not the case.

2) At least two staffs handled my baby before he was passed to me. First, the 'new' nurse, and second, the LC who pushed the cot into my ward. Two staffs did not spot the mistake, but it takes my husband to do it?

I have since written in to lodge a complain with GE, and is still in the midst of exchanges on this unpleasant experience.

HI! Veron,

That's sound scary. I wonder if they did push your baby to another woman for breastfeeding before sending to you. I hope it won't happen to any MTBs who are delivering at Gleneagles. Must ensure that the correct baby is pushed to us. I hope Gleneagles can settle the case with you professionally.

Hi J&M, I'm oso delivering at Gleneagles and under Dr K H Chan. U too rite?
happy.gif
wens ur EDD?? Is tis ur first bb?
happy.gif

Hi J&M, jus read thru and found out all the answers to my questions hehe..
happy.gif
Cuz tis is my first and will like to find out more abt Dr Chan's skills... heard his stitching skills are fantastic izit true?? Cuz mi damn scared of pain!!!...
sad.gif
ur first bb delivered by him too? wuz it natural delivery?

Hi Sweethalo,

wanna check with you how much u pay for 2 bedded? Medisave & cash..
I am with DR CW Fong too.. Thanks!

Hi Serene22,

Sorry, just saw your post. Congrats on your pregnancy. I am currently at 31 weeks plus with #2. Dr Chan is not my gynae for my #1. He was recommended to me by a close friend. I was told that his stitching for C-section is superb but never try before...hehe.

How about u? When is your EDD? Are you going to sign up with him? His package usually starts at 16 weeks.

Hi Tingsly - just saw your post...

I hvnt gave birth yet.. only due in end June.. so not sure...

How about you?? when is ur EDD?? Hv u started package with Dr Fong yet?

I think Dr Fong is good- straightforward and no nonsense type of doctor that is very very careful with our pregnancy.

Dear mothers or mothers-to-be, if you are looking for an experienced nanny, feel free to contact my mom by sending me a personal message.

My mom has a lot of experience taking care of children as well as newborn. willing to take care for day and night.

Hi Sweethalo,

Hehe i am so blur...

my edd 23 Apr 09.. already sign-up the package with Dr Fong.. my first bb delivered by him too.. which is on Oct 07.. He is a very senior Gynae.. and u are right he is very careful with our pregnancy..

I have booked for 2 bedded room.

Hi Mummies and Mummmies to be,

Can anyone provide a breakdown of delivery at GlenE via natural with epi for single bedded room?

Hi all, I gave birth last June, delivered by Dr CW Fong. Strongly recommend him cos he's very experienced and humourous guy, still cracking jokes even when he was delivering my son...phew the whole room was not filled up by my anxiety, but full of his jokes...

I opted for single bedded and the clinic nurse, knowing that the newly renovated level 6 will be ready during my EDD, requested for me, but wasn't available on my ADD, so I was given the 2 bedded, but of course I had the whole room to myself. It was indeed a nice one though...All in all I only paid S$2k cash after deduction fm medisave. The above charges is based on normal delivery w/o epidural charges and assisted delivery.

Hope the above info is of use to all MTB.

Hi J&M, my EDD is 26 Jun. Ya have aredi signed wif him... hopefully he's really gd..
happy.gif
U are opting for Csec?

Hi Serene22,

Congrats on your pregnancy.
happy.gif

When is your next appt with Dr Chan?
Nope, I was told that my low-lying placenta has moved up so I am hoping for a natural delivery. From what I know, c-section with Dr Chan is not cheap. My girlfriend paid 6K cash after deducting medisave for natural birth with epi.

Hi again Tingsly

Congrats! You must be getting excited about giving birth soon
happy.gif
Do update us here about baby
happy.gif

EvelynChua - wow! Didn't know that Dr Fong will be humourous in the delivery ward... So far, he has been fairly straightfaced and jokes in a kind of scolding manner...ahhaha... He was recommended to me by my Aunt who works as a freelance Op Nurse for him...

J&M, my next appt is 29th Apr... Wow you muz share your delivery experience with mi after tat ma hehe...
happy.gif
Hope its a good one. You can also PM mi instead in case I miss your posting :D

hi everyone..

i gave birth to my 2 kids in Glen-E in 2005 & 2007 respectively.. i also choose a 2 bedder cos mine is c-sec.. but it was okay.. the nurses were very friendly and helpful. I remembered i stayed in level 5 for both my deliveries but when i had an fribod operation earlier, i stayed in level 6.. loved the confinement food though.. lolx..

I'm due in November and i'll be giving birth in Glen-E too this time.. cos my gynea is there..
happy.gif
overall, my experience with them has been good..
happy.gif

Hi saintbaby,

My edd is Aug, and I'm considering GlenE for my delivery. I passed by the hospital recently and noticed there is construction going on beside it. Would like to ask is the noise audible in GlenE?

Hi mummies,

I just delivered at Gleneagles this month, and I must say it was a positive experience. I requested for the level 6 renovated ward, but unfortunately all the rooms were full, so I had to stay in the level 5 ward. The room and furniture did look rather old and in need of a facelift.

However, what really made my stay pleasant were the level 5 ward nurses. They were caring and attentive - thumbs up for them!
happy.gif
The midwives in the delivery ward were wonderful too - very experienced and encouraging during the entire birth process.

Dr Chan KH was my gynae, and I must say his stitching is fantastic! My episiostomy wound only felt sore and there wasn't much pain - I could walk ard hours after I delivered.

Hi mama_lemon,

Congrats on your smooth delivery.

My gynae is also Dr Chan but my edd falls on 31 May 09. Can share your total hospital bill? Thanks.

Hi J&M, mama_lemon and Serene22,

I am in my 6weeks and wanna ask how is Dr Chan's charge like. Currently seeing him but he yet to explain if there is any package that i can sign up...

Hi phine,

Congrats on your pregnancy.
happy.gif

Dr Chan's charges :
Consultation : $128
Scan : $128
Total per checkup : $256

Package only starts 16 weeks onwards : $888

Hope the above helps.

Hi J&M, I don't have the exact figures for the hospital bill as my husband paid for the bill, but I do remember it being ard 7k+ for my natural (forceps assisted) delivery and single-bedder accommodation, of which I had to pay 4k+ in cash. More than half the bill was actually the dr's professional fees which came up to 4k+. Hope this helps! You could also request for Dr Chan's charges from the clinic nurse who could provide you with a leaflet containing the details.

By the way, if I recall correctly, I thought that Dr Chan's $888 package only starts from week 20 onwards?
happy.gif

Hi mama_lemon,

Thank you so much for the info. Your figure is good enough for me to determine how much to set aside for my delivery cost with Dr Chan. Btw, this is my first experience to delivery in Gleneagles. Can I check with you a few things :

1. I heard that baby diaper / maternity pad / wipes / underpad are provided by the hospital. If we sign up the maternity package, the above items are inclusive in the cost. Is that true?

2. I have also requested for a single-bedded ward. I wonder if our baby is allowed to stay in the ward with us. I intend to do total breastfeeding.

3. Which PD did u use for your baby? I have requested Dr Ngiam from SBCC as he is my first boy's current PD. I realised a lot of Dr Chan's patient has requested for Dr YY Yip (also fr SBCC). Is he really good?

Sorry for so many questions. :p
I have just checked my bill. For me, Dr Chan's package actually starts from 16 weeks onwards.

Back