Anyone delivered at 36 weeks?

ayeo7081

Hi everyone, I delivered my baby via emergency c-section at 36 weeks due to bleeding. I had placenta previa. I have been feeling guilty for not being able to keep my baby in my womb until full term. Just wondering if anyone else has similar experience and willing to share?

Hey Ayeo7081, I delivered my first child at 7.5mths. Doc ordered bed rest cuz I was bleeding at about 6.5 mths. I didn't obey and still was very active.
I felt v guilty tocuz she was so so small, 2.005kg. For your case it was a medical reason, for me, I defied the docs instruction. Luckily, she was v healthy, she was only under observation no incubator.
Her weight and size measurement caught up within 3 mths? I can't really remember. I breast fed her full time.

Don't worry. It wasn't your fault to not keep the full term pregnancy. I am sure you will make a great mum.

Enjoy your motherhood! It's the best gift any woman can experience:)

Hey Ayeo7081, I delivered my first child at 7.5mths. Doc ordered bed rest cuz I was bleeding at about 6.5 mths. I didn't obey and still was very active.
I felt v guilty tocuz she was so so small, 2.005kg. For your case it was a medical reason, for me, I defied the docs instruction. Luckily, she was v healthy, she was only under observation no incubator.
Her weight and size measurement caught up within 3 mths? I can't really remember. I breast fed her full time.

Don't worry. It wasn't your fault to not keep the full term pregnancy. I am sure you will make a great mum.

Enjoy your motherhood! It's the best gift any woman can experience:)

Hi SLmum, Thank you for your kind words =)
May I know what was the reason for bleeding? Was it due to placenta previa as well?

I was simply too active... like too much walking.... my husband was busy during that period so I pretty much occupied my time with shopping, carrying heavy items too. So if any, I was to blame for the pre mature birth. Btw, my baby was so small and scrawny looking that my frd even said my baby looks like an alien!

My premmie is now 13! And she is 1.69m tall.

The last thing u should feel is guilty. Placenta previa is not within your control. Just have faith in your next pregnancy:)) Your little princess will catch up with her growth very soon with your loving tender care:)

I was simply too active... like too much walking.... my husband was busy during that period so I pretty much occupied my time with shopping, carrying heavy items too. So if any, I was to blame for the pre mature birth. Btw, my baby was so small and scrawny looking that my frd even said my baby looks like an alien!

My premmie is now 13! And she is 1.69m tall.

The last thing u should feel is guilty. Placenta previa is not within your control. Just have faith in your next pregnancy:)) Your little princess will catch up with her growth very soon with your loving tender care:)

Ah I see. Happy to know that your premmie has grown up so well!

Thank you for your reply! this pregnancy has scarred me a little for my next pregnancy but I’ll try my best to keep a positive mind. =)

Stay positive and have belief that everything will go well :)

enjoy your time with your princess. They grow up tooooo fast.

Back