Anyone can share the experience of taking Clomifene?

rafiki

Lately, my menses cycle has not been consistent. Sometimes, I have brown spotting during the mid-cycle. I went for a blood test with my gynae months ago and she said that my hormone is not balanced. I was first prescribed with hormone tablets to stabilize my hormone.

After a few months, i have some brown spotting again. Since I have been TTC-ing for 7 months now, she suggested that I take Clomifene because she suspects that i have not been ovulating due to the brown spotting. My husband is not very encouraging of me taking medicine because he said he prefers to try naturally first and he is afraid this medicine might bring harm to my body. However I am very keen to take the medicine as I am already desperate to have a baby soon. Is there anyone here who have been taking clomifene/took clomifene before and has experience to share? Any side effects? Anyone who have conceived after taking clomifene? Baby and mummy all ok for those who took clomifene?

Had some argument with hubby coz of the differences - I am keen to take but he doesn't want me to take for now. Sigh...

I took before. But not long term. Max is 6 months according to gync. Took some months rest some months. I do not feel must side effect. For side effect you try google or consult yr gync b4 u decide.

Last edited:
Precisely. None of the nurses or doctors inform us. My first IUI(clomid) was done in NUH. They only tell me the size of follicles but not the lining. My 2nd IUI in KKH then i got to know there's alternative to clomid that is injectables. Of course its more expensive n painful that clomid. But not knowing it will thin my lining though im able to produce 2 favorable size follicles.. I just proceed with IUI(clomid). Haiz. Some more i did eat clomid after the failed IUI thinking that i can conceive naturally.

Precisely. None of the nurses or doctors inform us. My first IUI(clomid) was done in NUH. They only tell me the size of follicles but not the lining. My 2nd IUI in KKH then i got to know there's alternative to clomid that is injectables. Of course its more expensive n painful that clomid. But not knowing it will thin my lining though im able to produce 2 favorable size follicles.. I just proceed with IUI(clomid). Haiz. Some more i did eat clomid after the failed IUI thinking that i can conceive naturally.

So meaning it's possible to get injectables without taking clomid? Didn't know clomid thins the lining too...and for me, clomid made me dry

Back