ANYONE CAN RECOMMEND ME A PART TIME JOB

hi,

I gt one job until 28DEc 2007 is work at Raffles the plaza as hot line due to chirstmas. Per Hour $6. work in the office. just need to answer phone answer cuomter question veri easy wan. working time 9am to 6pm. need to do some paper work.

what constitutes a part time job? i used to believe half a day job equates part time job. However, i have not been successful in finding any! I am so tempted to go down to the MP n say,' hey! we are mothers eager to work part time but there is no demand!'

Hi rinsberry

Do you hv any working experience? My fren's co is looking for a part time corporate secretary,ie in charge of filing of ANnual Returns to ACRA, preparing resolution for clients ,etc.

Hi A~le i agree with you nowadays its not easy to get part time office job especially if you are already in the mid 30s.But never give up thats what i've been doing trying my very best to look for a part time job.

Hi,

I'm pregnant and I'm having lots of problem getting part-time jobs or even temporary jobs. In fact I quitted my current job just before I know that I'm pregnant. Intend to find a job after I quit, and indeed I got a job offer soon after I quit but once I told them I'm pregnant, they rejected me in a nice manner, and it's a govt sector some more... so much about promoting family life....but they dun even give chance to pregnant woman, wat else to say?
I got a few offers from agency for part time jobs and temporary jobs as well, but once I told them I'm pregnant, the agency did not follow up any more....sighh...!!!
pregnant woman is really being discriminated in the working force???!!
anyone willing to employ pregnant woman pls pm me cos I'm really desperately looking for jobs!

Its a sad fact that many co. refuses to employ preggies cos they fear of us taking medical leaves on and off....
There should be an agency which helps preggies and mummies look for part-time or temp jobs!
Funds depleting. Baby growing. Life's tough, man...

I would say most companies will not employed pregnant women.
I am also 1 of them. Lucky my ex-company employed me back as temp staff for a couple of mths.

yes agree.. most companies will not employed pregnant women n sm will even think of way to "get rid" of the pregnant women.. the last company i work for 2 yrs juz give me a surprise love letter @ 5.30pm n told me today is my last day when i'm 6mths pregnant.. the reason being according to my ex-boss my performance is not good for these 2yrs.. (@ tat time my ex-boss juz leave the company for 1 week onli)

hi adelyee,

yes. 6mths pregnant still got sacked.. very pity then cant find job n no money.. after giving birth cant go out work have to rest.. after tat stay @ hm take care of baby in the end i spend almost 1yr @ hm.

I empathise with u guys here. I do not wish to find a full time job as i want to spend some quality time with my baby. but yet at the same time, part time jobs are rare and few. so i am still hanging around not contributing to the society...hee..

btw, does anyone know if we can dye our hair if we bf?

Anyone interested in working as part-time Telemarketer? Hours are flexible pay on per-hour basis. Interested do sms me @90053553

Hi mummies,

any freelance job avail? i'm looking for one.. Thou currently working as a fulltimer, but wanna work after office hrs at home.. such as data entry..

Dodo,
it's really a sad case for u.. as for myself, my contract was due to be renewed when i was 2mths preg but cldn't be renewed, reason was no more funding. I think most likely it's cos i was preg cos later i fd out, they got someone to the job.. sad.. Thank God I managed to find a temp job and worked till delivery.. abit of $ oso gd..
now SAHM for 9mths alrdy.. dunno if i'm still employable if were to go back work force..

I am giving birth in early may and my current temp job will end this mth.
Anyone can recommend me a job from Feb - Apr?

Thanks in advance.

Dodo (dodo789)

Just to share, companies are not allowed to sack a female worker on the ground that she was pregnant, when the female worker is less than 3 mths from her EDD:

If a notice of dismissal is given without sufficient cause within three months of a female employee's confinement, the employer must pay her the maternity benefits that she would otherwise be eligible for.

U can actually bring your case to MOM if you have evidents that they sack u just because they dont wanna pay u maternity benefits.

For example, what substantiates the sack as a sudden one would be like, only upon the day u received ur "love letter (termination notice from ur ex employer)", there was no mention (meaning, recorded form, like during ur appraisal, or warning letters/memo/emails issued to u etc) from your superior on ur unsatisfactory performance at all in the 2 yrs or so when u were still with them.

Maybe u can go to MOM and see how they can help u. The Employment Act covers those with income level not exceeding $1.6K mthly.

Hope this help
happy.gif

Hi,
I would also like some lobang for part time / home based jobs. Anyone can put me in the loop? Thanks in advance.

Dear all,
Juz some thoughts though whatever I'm going to tell u is not related to part time jobs but i'm sure it's every mommy's desire to be able to stay home to watch their kids grow up, without having to worry about the kinda caregiver to hire for the kids or sacrifice the health of our elderly parents when it comes to baby care(a lot of energy is required to look after babies or toddlers)
It's my personal feel that we should appeal to the government to give mothers the choice to work from home after all this saga about abusive maids as well as ineligibility of pregnant mommies to take on part time assignments. If we as mommies do not have very healthy parents to assist us at home and if we are not financially able to be full time housewives, having a work from home job is still the best solution. Some people can suggest hiring a maid and installing video cameras at home. However, I still feel that such equipments are not good enough. So wat if we can catch what the maids are doing on video? If they have done something abusive, it will be too late by the time we reach home to stop their actions.. our kids could have suffered from head injury or even some deadly ones....
These are my thoughts..and I really hope such things can happen in Singapore..where the government gives mothers such rights...
in fact, some countries like France are already doing that.

hi all,
am looking for a part-time (night time) job or home base job too... anybody have lobang?

thanks...

Saymimi, want to PM u my contact,but u dont allow PM(private msg)..can u PM me ur contact,regards part time work..as I seldom come to this thread.. thks.

Have a work from home job opening.
Basically answer phone call to provide phone support. But need to have some level of IT knowledge and good with equipments. Number of calls not expected to be a lot.
Can earn extra by making sales also. But main job's to do phone support.
Interested, drop me an email with your resume at daryl733 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Hi, i am interested in getting a part time admin/clerk, i studing part time now... Pls pm me if u have any to intro thks.

Hi,

I'm working full time, shift job that requires me to work one weekend as well.

I'm very upset that nowadays my son whose 9mths doesn't even recognise me. Whenever I carry him, he struggles and cries loudly looking for my mum and hubby who spent more time with him. I feel devasted as a mum and cry at night.

I'm desperately looking for a full time, perferably office hours job with weekend off. If any kind soul can help me recommend a job, I will be very delighted. Can email me [email protected]

i'm looking for a home-based job too to supplement family income
got flexi weekend jobs available?
really need the $ cos now in financial difficulty

I'm looking for part time work as well. Anything after office hours. Can PM me, im interested to do part time as im in financially difficulty now. Long story to say

I am looking for home-based data entry, typing jobs.Really need it to suppement income. Any mummies got lobangs?

## Btw i did try to register for the online data entry before but they only wan the registration fees and ask u to advertise ,the more people register the more commision u will get there is not assignments. So Beware !!!!!

Looking for home-based data entry or typing job too. Please not those kind that requires upfront registration fee. Thank You. ^^

should complained these employers to mom
So bad, you know.
Government encouraged us to give birth but yet discriminate when pregnant women are looking for jobs.
Some even got sacked when they are pregnant after 6 mths in the company.
this is ridiculous. Should complain. But yet many mummies are keeping quiet.
Hey, for goodness sake its not a sin/crime to get pregnant, ok.
Who would still want to give birth in Singapore, like that?

hi,

I am interested in part time admin jobs too (8am to 12pm/1pm), anyone have lobang pls PM me too!

Hi

I'm also looking for home-based jobs.

Looking at this thread, so many mummies are looking for home-based jobs.

I think the best job that meet this requirement is Book-keeping which is stable with mthly income. I think someone shld start having a biz for book-keeping services outsource to all SAHM to do but only problem is i got no network of clients who seek for book-keepers. I have strong accounting, audit and tax background, i can do full set of accounts, i can train as well.

ANyone has lobang to introduce clients seeking Work-fr-home book-keepers?

i also thinking of looking for a home-base job like data entry or typing. i dun mind earning extra income to support my family. If there is any offer of such jobs and also dun need to pay reg fee de, pls email me at [email protected].

Back