Anybody seen this Dr Roland Chieng before ?

Hi! Ladies, anybody seen Dr Roland Chieng to do ivf or icsi before, can share ur experience and reviews about this doctor ? I failed my ivf with Dr Christoper Chan before frm Gleneagles hospital, looking for new doctor can anybody share reviews about this doctor who practices n do Tcm Acupuncture help husband and wife to prepare body for ivf /icsi .

Hi! Ladies, anybody seen Dr Roland Chieng to do ivf or icsi before, can share ur experience and reviews about this doctor ? I failed my ivf with Dr Christoper Chan before frm Gleneagles hospital, looking for new doctor can anybody share reviews about this doctor who practices n do Tcm Acupuncture help husband and wife to prepare body for ivf /icsi .
Have you tried with Dr Roland Chieng?

I’m currently 11 weeks pregnant after switching from Prof Wong to Roland Chieng. 3 failed, IUI, 3 IVF high dose retrieval(ICSI) with 1 failed transfer & 1 chemical pregnancy.

I did 2 rounds of retrieval with 4 day 5 blasts, did 1 frozen transfer with 1 blast. It was an successful. I’m totally surprised & shock!

He is good with STIM & obviously Virtus lab plays a big team. They do IMSI not ICSI. I would say it’s a strong partnership between the IVF & Lab.

For TCM, I see Dr Zhou Yu Min for weekly acupuncture.

Do note he only do day 5 blast frozen transfer.

Good luck!

I’m currently 11 weeks pregnant after switching from Prof Wong to Roland Chieng. 3 failed, IUI, 3 IVF high dose retrieval(ICSI) with 1 failed transfer & 1 chemical pregnancy.

I did 2 rounds of retrieval with 4 day 5 blasts, did 1 frozen transfer with 1 blast. It was an successful. I’m totally surprised & shock!

He is good with STIM & obviously Virtus lab plays a big team. They do IMSI not ICSI. I would say it’s a strong partnership between the IVF & Lab.

Good luck!
Congrats!!! Have a healthy 9months ahead! Guess I have a similar case likes yours. Failed multiple transfers at KKH (with 8 day5 blasts!). Have finished my subsidies and is looking to switch to private. Did you strike with your first try with Roland?

Good luck!

thank for sharing

Congrats!!! Have a healthy 9months ahead! Guess I have a similar case likes yours. Failed multiple transfers at KKH (with 8 day5 blasts!). Have finished my subsidies and is looking to switch to private. Did you strike with your first try with Roland?

Thanks! Yup. It’s my first frozen transfer & im grateful to have another 3 blasts..

Good luck to you!

Hi, how did the costs differ if doing IVF without grant at KKH v Dr Roland? I am trying to decided whether to go to the hospital or private clinic (foreign so no help with costs).

Hi, how did the costs differ if doing IVF without grant at KKH v Dr Roland? I am trying to decided whether to go to the hospital or private clinic (foreign so no help with costs).
Hi

I didn’t use any grant or Medisave. It’s all paid from pocket. Total abt 30K for 2 collection & 1 transfer.

If that’s the case (without any grants), I probably would recommend you to go straight to private. Comparing between KKH and Dr. Roland, you save a lot of waiting time, gets more in-dept discussions and attention from Dr Roland. I find that his cost is also quite reasonable among all the private fertility dr.

Roland is good. His IVF expertise is good, beside manner is good, his clinic staff good and polite, clinic location at Mt E also good (he has another clinic at Parkway). Virtus lab is also superb - great expertise, polite staff, Scotts location.

To succeed in IVF, U need a combination of good doctor and good lab. Good doctor to understand your unique medical situation and prescribe the correct stimulating injections so that u can grow and retrieve more mature eggs. Good lab to fertilise your eggs and grow as many of them as possible into blastocysts and freeze them safely, and thaw them safely.

But he and Virtus are very expensive.

I succeeded with him at 2nd IVF cycle 1st transfer, now past 20 weeks already.

If money is not a limiting factor, Roland is a good choice. Prepare deep pockets though.

Roland is good. His IVF expertise is good, beside manner is good, his clinic staff good and polite, clinic location at Mt E also good (he has another clinic at Parkway). Virtus lab is also superb - great expertise, polite staff, Scotts location.

To succeed in IVF, U need a combination of good doctor and good lab. Good doctor to understand your unique medical situation and prescribe the correct stimulating injections so that u can grow and retrieve more mature eggs. Good lab to fertilise your eggs and grow as many of them as possible into blastocysts and freeze them safely, and thaw them safely.

If money is not a limiting factor, Roland is a good choice. Prepare deep pockets though.

Hi, may I ask roughly how much did you spend ? TIA..

Hi, may I ask roughly how much did you spend ? TIA..

S$35K for 1st cycle, all costs inclusive - injections, medications, egg retrieval, 2xFETs under anaesthesia, ultrasounds, consultations

For the 2nd cycle its also been S$35K so far all costs inclusive - injections, egg retrieval, 1 FET under anaesthesia, ultrasounds, consultations, vitamins. It also included polyp removal and endo scratch which is unique in my situation.

Cost will vary depending on the type of injections to stimulate egg growth. Gonal F is very expensive, some people need more, others need less. Egg retrieval is another significant cost driver. For FET, if u do it without anaesthesia can save a few hundred dollars, most ladies can tahan without anaesthesia but I cannot.

S$35K for 1st cycle, all costs inclusive - injections, medications, egg retrieval, 2xFETs under anaesthesia, ultrasounds, consultations

For the 2nd cycle its also been S$35K so far all costs inclusive - injections, egg retrieval, 1 FET under anaesthesia, ultrasounds, consultations, vitamins. It also included polyp removal and endo scratch which is unique in my situation.

Cost will vary depending on the type of injections to stimulate egg growth. Gonal F is very expensive, some people need more, others need less. Egg retrieval is another significant cost driver. For FET, if u do it without anaesthesia can save a few hundred dollars, most ladies can tahan without anaesthesia but I cannot.

Hi would you mind sharing the experience of the biopsy before the transfer? Is it the endometrium receptivity assay? Thank you

I’ve been seeing Roland Chieng for a year.
No success so far though. but I think he’s a good doctor. And the service at Virtus is good

Hi hi,
2 FETs so far. 1st FET ended in chemical pregnancy which took a long time to resolve. Just went through 2nd FET and failed.

Hi Rebecca, sorry to hear that. =/
Do you mind sharing if its due to egg quality issue or sperm morphology?
I am thinking of seeking 2nd opinion, have not decided on which Dr.

Hi Rebecca, sorry to hear that. =/
Do you mind sharing if its due to egg quality issue or sperm morphology?
I am thinking of seeking 2nd opinion, have not decided on which Dr.

Not sure! I had 6 good 5-day blasts from one round of stim but somehow implantation outcome is no good. Roland says it’s embryo issue but I’m not too sure.

Not sure! I had 6 good 5-day blasts from one round of stim but somehow implantation outcome is no good. Roland says it’s embryo issue but I’m not too sure.
Sorry to hear that babe. Hope you’re recovering well. Did you have your ER at Virtus? I heard they have a comprehensive technology IMSI (I think) which helps to make very good Blastocysts.

Hi,

Can I check how many eggs you have collected and how many blast you had for the 1st fresh (egg retrieval cycle)? What is your AMH like?

For 1st IVF, note that you had went through 1 FET, no more frozen blast?

Noted that you have went through 2nd IVF (means another egg retrieval?) how many blasts you have and what is your dosage like?

Hi,

Can I check how many eggs you have collected and how many blast you had for the 1st fresh (egg retrieval cycle)? What is your AMH like?

For 1st IVF, note that you had went through 1 FET, no more frozen blast?

Noted that you have went through 2nd IVF (means another egg retrieval?) how many blasts you have and what is your dosage like?

My amh is normal. Cannot remember the figures.

First cycle 12 eggs collected, became 3 blastocysts. All transferred over 2 fet but fail, m/c or bfn. That was 2017.

2nd cycle 14 eggs collected became 7 blastocysts. 1st FET transferred 2 blastocysts, one took and that's my baby babbling in the next room :)

I cannot remember the dosage. No use comparing coz a good IVF doc will tailor the injections and dosage to your unique situation. But I believe that human growth hormone injections and vitamin supplements (omega & coq10) and polyp removal helped me succeed the second cycle. Coz I was one year older yet managed to produce double the quantity of blastocysts. Means it's likely my egg quality improved !

Hi, after 2 failed iui n 3 ivf with kkh, i decided to switch to Dr Roland. Dr Roland suggested for me to have 2 ER (back to back) and FET later.

Juz had my 1st ER at Virtus yest. 16 eggs collected and the embryologist just called me today to update me on the status. Out of 16 collected, 8 are immature thus he didnt use them. Out of the other 8 matured egg, he managed to fertilised all 8. Now i start to worry dont knw how many will make it to blastocyst. Hope to have many cos i'm not young anymore. N these 2 ER will be my last 2 that is allowed in spore.

Hi, after 2 failed iui n 3 ivf with kkh, i decided to switch to Dr Roland. Dr Roland suggested for me to have 2 ER (back to back) and FET later.

Juz had my 1st ER at Virtus yest. 16 eggs collected and the embryologist just called me today to update me on the status. Out of 16 collected, 8 are immature thus he didnt use them. Out of the other 8 matured egg, he managed to fertilised all 8. Now i start to worry dont knw how many will make it to blastocyst. Hope to have many cos i'm not young anymore. N these 2 ER will be my last 2 that is allowed in spore.
Hi!
how is your eggs? How many managed to freeze?

Hi!
how is your eggs? How many managed to freeze?

today at day 5. but the embryologist told me that they are not at blastocyst stage yet, so will hv to monitor for another day. Haiz... she mentioned that only 3 of them looks promising to reach blastocyst. the rest look like they not gonna make it. So i am keeping my fingers crossed hoping that i can hear some good news tmr.

today at day 5. but the embryologist told me that they are not at blastocyst stage yet, so will hv to monitor for another day. Haiz... she mentioned that only 3 of them looks promising to reach blastocyst. the rest look like they not gonna make it. So i am keeping my fingers crossed hoping that i can hear some good news tmr.
hopefully they froze 3 blastocyst today. Then maybe no needed go for second stim.
Dr retrieved quite a lot of follicles. It wasn’t mini stim, right?

hopefully they froze 3 blastocyst today. Then maybe no needed go for second stim.
Dr retrieved quite a lot of follicles. It wasn’t mini stim, right?

what is mini stimm? i don't think mine is. cos i injected quite a no. of med like gonal f, menopur, saizen, orgalutron.

Got the news this morn. Sad! only 2 get frozen but the grading is like average and below average. Guessed at this age, i think its really gift from god if really manage to get bfp.

Hi all, I just saw this thread. Sorry for late reply.
Like hellokittygirl, I also succeeded on 1st attempt with Dr Roland. My LO just turned 2 months 3 days ago. I would highly recommend Dr Roland Chieng as well. Professional and committed, reasonable rates for private practice. Virtus lab is also top class. Hope this feedback is useful.

what is mini stimm? i don't think mine is. cos i injected quite a no. of med like gonal f, menopur, saizen, orgalutron.

Got the news this morn. Sad! only 2 get frozen but the grading is like average and below average. Guessed at this age, i think its really gift from god if really manage to get bfp.
Hugs. Are you going for review with roland soon on the above? Hope dr roland has a good plan for you.

Hugs. Are you going for review with roland soon on the above? Hope dr roland has a good plan for you.
Hi connie_hopeful, i will be visiting his clinic this fri. The initial plan is to do a back to back retrieval but with this result, i not sure what he will say. But i think i must be mentally prepared that he will ask me get donor egg.Not sure if there's anyone out there that transfer an average or below average embryo n still manage to bfp.

Hi connie_hopeful, i will be visiting his clinic this fri. The initial plan is to do a back to back retrieval but with this result, i not sure what he will say. But i think i must be mentally prepared that he will ask me get donor egg.Not sure if there's anyone out there that transfer an average or below average embryo n still manage to bfp.
I dun think roland is an advocate for donar. Maybe ask him is there way to tweat his protocol after his 1st experience with you. E eaelier saizen is suggestes by him? Not everyone suits saizen treatement, so perhaos his back to back he will suggest another method since he already had qst experience on your caae to make uy better.cAll e best.

I dun think roland is an advocate for donar. Maybe ask him is there way to tweat his protocol after his 1st experience with you. E eaelier saizen is suggestes by him? Not everyone suits saizen treatement, so perhaos his back to back he will suggest another method since he already had qst experience on your caae to make uy better.cAll e best.
yup, he suggested saizen and i have nvr tried saizen before in my past 3 ivf. Didnt know saizen is not suitable for all. Anyway, the appt has been changed to tmr, i will update u tmr ya.

My amh is normal. Cannot remember the figures.

First cycle 12 eggs collected, became 3 blastocysts. All transferred over 2 fet but fail, m/c or bfn. That was 2017.

2nd cycle 14 eggs collected became 7 blastocysts. 1st FET transferred 2 blastocysts, one took and that's my baby babbling in the next room :)

I cannot remember the dosage. No use comparing coz a good IVF doc will tailor the injections and dosage to your unique situation. But I believe that human growth hormone injections and vitamin supplements (omega & coq10) and polyp removal helped me succeed the second cycle. Coz I was one year older yet managed to produce double the quantity of blastocysts. Means it's likely my egg quality improved !

Hi hi,

The human growth injection means Saizen?

Thanks!

Hi,

Anyone under dr Roland asked to do lap first? But I do not have cyst and polyps from the ultrasound. Just Low amh. I just worried that it will further reduce my amh level even though the dr don’t think so.

Thanks.

Hi ladies

I’ve just returned 400 red eggs this morning to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang for blessing me a pair of twins. Spreading the baby dust!!

1) Shuang Lin Cheng Huang Miao (Siong Lim Temple, part of Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery)

184 Jalan Toa Payoh
Phone: 6259 5292
Opening hours: 8am – 5pm

2) Giok Hong Tian Temple (Yu Huang Dian)

495 Havelock Road
Phone: 6733 5727
Opening hours: 7am – 5pm

Hi..
I am under Dr Roland after I failed 2 IVF from KKH.i found that he’s quite good compare to KKH doctor. I know all people praise for Dr Tan HH @ KKH, but he make me very upset ... he don’t even care much about me because my age hit 40+, and he said my chances r Low... if I want continue , just prepare $ and he will do for me .. the way he talked to me is a bit annoy and no empathy ..

Well. That’s reason I went to private . I done my 2 EG 2 years back@ virtus , and tomorrow go for FET...
Kind a nervous ,, but looking forward
Cross fingers, hope my precious is strong and bring me luck.

Ladies .. pls wish me luck

Back