Anybody seen this Dr Roland Chieng before ?

Hi,

Today just went for my first appointment with Dr Roland after a failed IVF at KKH with Dr. Tan HH 2 yrs ago. I have PCOS. He did a scan and said I had mild case of it. As my last blood test was more than 2 yrs ago. So I was required to take a blood test for hormone profile, AMH, insulin-like growth factor, CA125, prolactin and thyroid screen11. Husband go through SA and DNA test. Anyone goes through the same?

Hi,

Today just went for my first appointment with Dr Roland after a failed IVF at KKH with Dr. Tan HH 2 yrs ago. I have PCOS. He did a scan and said I had mild case of it. As my last blood test was more than 2 yrs ago. So I was required to take a blood test for hormone profile, AMH, insulin-like growth factor, CA125, prolactin and thyroid screen11. Husband go through SA and DNA test. Anyone goes through the same?
No worries, the above test are some test that roland will do

Hi,

No worries, the above test are some test
No worries, the above test are some test that roland will do
glad to hear that! So what are does blood meant for? A lot of it I never heard of.

Hi,

No worries, he is just doing a check to see your statistics, and his next steps of recommendations with e blood test n results of the test

Oh... thanks for your reply.
No worries. I didnt succeed in this journey, however, i think the most important thing in this journey is to stay calm and zen, n trust yr doctor is doing his best if you are embarking with whichever doctor . All the best to you.

Hi, my hubby has azoospermia (no sperm) and Kkh didn’t even suggest Ivf.. can I know if anyone seen dr Ronald chieng with similar issue and successfully conviece thru Ivf?

Hi, my hubby has azoospermia (no sperm) and Kkh didn’t even suggest Ivf.. can I know if anyone seen dr Ronald chieng with similar issue and successfully conviece thru Ivf?
Find a second lab to confirm on this before you decide wats next. You can try sgh, thomson fertility centre lab or virtus lab-these 3 labs have the ability to see very very few sperms

yes my husband too. i have pcos. am seeing dr ronald. he initially asked to do lap op. i was not keen for the key hole op as i had no cysts. we started a cycle of with gonal f 125 for 10 days and resulted in 14 eggs and terrible ohss. he now recommends ivf. i feel sometimes he is rash with his diagnosis or i’m not sure if it’s money making. it’s really hard to find a good ivf doc w success rate to trust, praying for strength to get through.

yes my husband too. i have pcos. am seeing dr ronald. he initially asked to do lap op. i was not keen for the key hole op as i had no cysts. we started a cycle of with gonal f 125 for 10 days and resulted in 14 eggs and terrible ohss. he now recommends ivf. i feel sometimes he is rash with his diagnosis or i’m not sure if it’s money making. it’s really hard to find a good ivf doc w success rate to trust, praying for strength to get through.
Have you done your ET with him?

Hi,

anybody currently in virtus fertility with either Dr Roland Chieng or Ann Tan?
Anybody knows what is the rough estimated cost for IUI/IVF Including consultation/medication?

thank you!

Hi,

Anybody knows what is the rough estimated cost for IUI/IVF Including consultation/medication?

thank you!
If you are concerned about costs, Ann Tan charged more than Roland Chieng. Roland’s charges are actually quite reasonable as a private practitioner.

If you are concerned about costs, Ann Tan charged more than Roland Chieng. Roland’s charges are actually quite reasonable as a private practitioner.

Thank you.
Have u been with them or either one of them before? What is the rough estimate costs of your treatment?

Hi,

thank you!

Hi.. I’m with Dr Ann Tan. She is pricey but very experienced. IVF can cost up to 25K and more depending on the amount of meds you require. This is before Medisave claim.

We spent about $20k or slightly more for IVF. We like Dr Roland as he’s efficient, decisive on advising on what to do. Straightforward and friendly person, results-oriented. Clinic is well-managed, no long waits. We were successful at first attempt. Going for round 2 soon :)

We spent about $20k or slightly more for IVF. We like Dr Roland as he’s efficient, decisive on advising on what to do. Straightforward and friendly person, results-oriented. Clinic is well-managed, no long waits. We were successful at first attempt. Going for round 2 soon :)

Thank you, thats great to hear!
does he encourage putting 2 embryo or 1for IVF?

Hi babystar, don’t find me ask more, first attempt successful is for Egg retrieval? Round 2 I Guess it’s ET?
$20K is before or after Medisave deduction? Able to advise the lead time needed from the first appointment you seen doc Roland to starting the first procedure of IVF? Thanks a lot for sharing! God bless you!
1st attempt is our first child, he’s almost 15 months now. $20k is before medisave, it could cost slightly more if you need more medicine. It depends on individual. Round 2 cos we are planning for no. 2. Lead time from first appt to IVF retrieval date was 1 month or a few days less than a month. It was really fast. We started the meds right after the first appt, after all the test results came back fine. Then another month later we implanted, and was successful. Hope the best for you too!

Thank you, thats great to hear!
does he encourage putting 2 embryo or 1for IVF?
It’s up to individual’s preference. I had my mind set on putting 2, which he agreed. He will remind you the risks of multi-pregnancy and be mentally prepared for it, which we were.

That’s really great to hear! Thanks for the success stories, it gives a lot of us hope! All the best to you on your 2nd one!
Thanks, all the best to you too! Dr Roland will do internal check and make sure your lining is suitable before implanting. He’s a confident and experienced person. You will be in good hands :)

Thanks for the note! Im battling with hb Low sperm motility hence did few times of IUI already. Am planning for next steps.... how is your hb’s SA? Did u had to make a lot of trips down to the clinic near the day of ovulation?
I think don’t bother about IUI, I read quite a number of people didn’t succeed on IUI. So I decided on IVF right away, didnt want to waste time which Dr Roland agreed too. In your case, IVF should have been the better approach but you can ask Dr Roland for his professional opinion. For IVF, we didn’t have to worry about ovulation, just plan based on when the lab is available for retrieval. It’s different from IUI.

I had done IVF at Roland Chieng clinic. Mine was not successful. Roland is not cheap. Mine was $35K. But one thing for sure, you can one on one special attention. Not rushing through type. But it was very expensive. I heard there are cheaper private practitioners outside and IVF chances are more or less the same. Good luck to all.

I had done IVF at Roland Chieng clinic. Mine was not successful. Roland is not cheap. Mine was $35K. But one thing for sure, you can one on one special attention. Not rushing through type. But it was very expensive. I heard there are cheaper private practitioners outside and IVF chances are more or less the same. Good luck to all.
How come $35k? How many retrievals and implantations did you do for $35k?

Hi dear, sorry to hear that. Are you switching ivf doctor after Roland? Don’t mind me asking, the reason for you needing to do IVF was it ovulation issue or husband’s SA issue?

Not sure... I guess is ovulation issue and husband dna fragmentation quite high too

Hi ladies, i have done my 2nd FET with Dr Roland Chieng, and my first born is now 15 months old on my very 1st attempt after failing 3 round of IUI, 3 rounds of high dose STIM at another gov hospital. My blood test result is positive with a high hcg for my 1st beta.. so wanna share my story to keep you ladies going.. Dont give up, keep going..

Sharing my baby dust! Jia you ladies!!

Hi ladies, i have done my 2nd FET with Dr Roland Chieng, and my first born is now 15 months old on my very 1st attempt after failing 3 round of IUI, 3 rounds of high dose STIM at another gov hospital. My blood test result is positive with a high hcg for my 1st beta.. so wanna share my story to keep you ladies going.. Dont give up, keep going..

Sharing my baby dust! Jia you ladies!!
Hi hellokittygirl! Great to hear from you again! My child is also 15 months now :)

Trying to revive this thread. How is everyone doing? Anymore success stories?

Did 3 rounds of IUI at Thomson medical, 1 SO-IUI with injections and 1 IVF cycle with 3 transfers at KKH but all failed.

Problem is not having a problem so couldn't find a solution to our unexplained infertility. My menses was regular and i ovulate every mth, no problem with my husband's SA too. We already did all scans and tests, including PGS testings on our blood/genetics and were fine, and also did lining scrapping which is supposedly helpful for implantation in my last FET but everything still fails.

Used up the co-fundings for restructured hospital so now getting 2nd opinion at Virtus fertility centre with Roland Chieng. Any new success stories with dr roland chieng/virtus after multiple failures ar restructured hospitals? Other than the cost factor, we hope there will be higher success rate with them.

Last edited:

Did 3 rounds of IUI at Thomson medical, 1 SO-IUI with injections and 1 IVF cycle with 3 transfers at KKH but all failed.

Problem is not having a problem so couldn't find a solution to our unexplained infertility. My menses was regular and i ovulate every mth, no problem with my husband's SA too. We already did all scans and tests, including PGS testings on our blood/genetics and were fine, and also did lining scrapping which is supposedly helpful for implantation in my last FET but everything still fails.

Used up the co-fundings for restructured hospital so now getting 2nd opinion at Virtus fertility centre with Roland Chieng. Any new success stories with dr roland chieng/virtus after multiple failures ar restructured hospitals? Other than the cost factor, we hope there will be higher success rate with them.

Hi, I understand how u feel, have tried tcm, supplement etc but still failed. I have 3 failed transfer (1 fresh, 2 Fet) with KKH too, hubby and I have no problem and used up co-funding too .. no excess embryo left with KKH.

KKH Doc unable to give any advice .. so considering private now ..

Same situation as us. Went to seek advise at a private clinic too, at Virtus but didn’t start any IVF as I got pregnant naturally 1 mth after the consultation. But miscarried at week 8+. So will try to conceive naturally first before heading to IVF as it’s costly. Which private clinic did u go to?

I had the same situation as you. Unexplained infertility. I moved on to Dr Roland after more than a year with KKH. I’m now in my 3rd Trimester. You need to be comfortable with the doctor and personally I feel Dr Chieng is always there and had being with us in the journey together. It’s very different from public hospital as they cater to the mass market. I hope you have good news by now. Don’t give up.

Me and my hubby have unexplained infertility, and failed Clomid and IUI cycles with another doctor before finally going to Virtus for Dr Roland Chieng. Now in my second trimester after a successful FET. Compared to the doctors I saw before, Dr Chieng takes a very instinctive and personalised approach. It might not fit in with the standard textbook approach but he seemed to know what would work for me. His clinic staff are also very professional, hands on and dedicated. They are well resourced and discreet in their approach quite unlike the last two clinics I went to where the staff were alway frazzled and they would discuss my condition and prescriptions openly at the counter where everyone in the waiting area could hear. The Virtus lab is also in the same building as Dr Chieng’s clinic which makes logistical sense. The last doc I saw, my hubby had to transport his sperm sample himself from Paragon to Novena for our IUI. That was with the Thomson lab and the staff there was damn disorganised and it made the experience very stressful for us. 100% recommend Dr Chieng and Virtus.

I seldom make any forum posts but i told myself, if mine is a successful story, i would like to share my story and spread some positivity.

I got married when I was 40+ as I met my husband very late. But we really want to start a family. So not long after wedding, we went to Virtus and from there we got to know Dr Chieng. I was not ovulating and i did not have menses for almost half a year already. So Dr Chieng suggested we get donor eggs. We thought for it for a while and decided to take his advice. Very soon, we managed to get the eggs and we had a few blastocysts. Dr Chieng and his team chose the best egg, and we just did one FET. It was like a miracle and we have to count our blessings. One egg, and 9.5 months later, our baby girl was born.

So to me, Dr Chieng really knows what is best for you, and he is very patient, very honest and positive. His team are very nice as well and friendly. Although sometimes the waiting time can be long (45mins) but most of the time are short. I strongly recommend him and his team for fulfilling our dream.

As for price, i cannot comment on the egg retrieval part. The FET etc is about $10k but we can claim $6k from medisave. His consultation and medicine are not cheap but it is worth every penny…. From egg purchasing to getting pregnant, it only took us less than 3 months. So all the best to the mummies here!!!!

I seldom make any forum posts but i told myself, if mine is a successful story, i would like to share my story and spread some positivity.

I got married when I was 40+ as I met my husband very late. But we really want to start a family. So not long after wedding, we went to Virtus and from there we got to know Dr Chieng. I was not ovulating and i did not have menses for almost half a year already. So Dr Chieng suggested we get donor eggs. We thought for it for a while and decided to take his advice. Very soon, we managed to get the eggs and we had a few blastocysts. Dr Chieng and his team chose the best egg, and we just did one FET. It was like a miracle and we have to count our blessings. One egg, and 9.5 months later, our baby girl was born.

So to me, Dr Chieng really knows what is best for you, and he is very patient, very honest and positive. His team are very nice as well and friendly. Although sometimes the waiting time can be long (45mins) but most of the time are short. I strongly recommend him and his team for fulfilling our dream.

As for price, i cannot comment on the egg retrieval part. The FET etc is about $10k but we can claim $6k from medisave. His consultation and medicine are not cheap but it is worth every penny…. From egg purchasing to getting pregnant, it only took us less than 3 months. So all the best to the mummies here!!!!
thanks for sharing. Do you mind share estimated how much Cash upfront?

For FET, the cash upfront is $10k. One month later, medisave will reimburse us the $6k and deduct from medisave.
As for Dr Chieng’s consultation, plus test and medicine, prepare around $6k-$8k.

Hi bunybubu
Would you mind sharing (or PM) the cost for donor eggs with Virtus/Roland? I am considering the same and trying to get some info and compare vs looking ourselves directly in Malaysia.

Hi Val. I will pm you. The cost of the donor eggs is very sensitive cos it depends on where (which countries and company) you want to get the eggs and how many eggs.

Back