Anybody had low Placenta but able to deliever bb safety?


jeng

New Member
No I had c- section fir all three. No choice cannot risk cos I might hv bled to death. In fact my gynae even prepared 2 bags of blood for standby but luckily didn't use.
 

ahmei

Member
hi jeng, thanks for sharing. even have to stand by bags of blood. guess can only be thankful that medical science is advanced compared to olden days when they can't see if low or not low placenta. did u opt for GA or epi C-section?
 

jeng

New Member
My first one was GA. Hated it. Woke up feeling groggy n nauseous. The other 2 I had epidural n it was so much better. I could sit up n wait for baby to b put on my breast rite after I left OT n returned to room. But I heard others r ok with GA.
when r u delivering?
 

alvamar_jy

Member
hi ladies, finally feel a bit consoled after reading this page about placenta praevia.
just came back from my detailed scan and it says partial placenta praevia...and when i read about it in the internet, it says it affects 0.5% of pregnacies...
so can i say that all we can do is just wait and see?
 

mrs_jj

New Member
hi mummies.....
i had been worried sick since my gynae told me to go for detailed scan to see if im having placenta accreta.
between 18~20wks i had mild spotting & had to be bedrest. at my 20wks scan, i had ant placenta low. now im arnd 31wks & placenta still low. gynae said that since i had 2 prev csect & few d&c before. so likely im at risk.
but wat worries me so much is the probable uterus removal..

im so worried & restless....is it possible i can go thru the normal csect w/o uterus removed? or hopefully the placenta would go up eventually?
 

athlete

New Member
hi,
i had low placenta too, and was spotting on-off around 20 wks.
Was put on bedrest.
eventually spotting stopped, but gynae still advised to do home rest as much as possible.
no work, no shopping, no holidays.
i gave birth naturally at 38 weeks.
 

mrs_jj

New Member
for my case its a definite csect. but gynae need to see if my placenta is stuck to the uterus (placenta accreta). if so, we'll need to prepare of the possible uterus removal to avoid prolong bleeding...
im really really praying & hoping the placenta goes up so the usual csect can be done w/o complications.
anyhow im hope my bb is doing ok too...
been eating lesser & unable to sleep well these days due to my worries.
the detailed scan would be next friday....really crossing my fingers (nothing much can do, right)
 

ahmei

Member
hi mrs jj, u mentioned that the doc said since u had 2 prev csect so likely at risk. but was the reason for csect previously due to low placenta?

dun let ur worries affect ur diet, it's impt to eat well for both urself and baby...dun give up!
 

mrs_jj

New Member
hi geberra, my prev 2 csect not due to low placenta.
1st was breech bb & 2nd tried normal but had to emer csect as didnt dilate much...
my pregcy this round, placenta is low...gynae had earlier schd for csect but now chk-ing if placenta stuck deep to uterus....
im just worried & wonder if my risk is high....and wanna know if anyone else exp same thing & went thru it w/o having uterus (womb) removed...
anyway thks for ur consoling words, geberra...
im still hoping evrything turn out fine instead...
 

ahmei

Member
hi mrs jj, there's still time before due date, so still have chance to move up..so dun worry about it too much. Keep urself healthy for baby's sake! :)
 

ping_pbp

Member
Hi all,

Can I ask if low placenta and had natural delivery will cause any problem or not?

I had low placenta and natural delivery. But now, having problem - unable control urine when sneezing or coughing. Anyone having same problem as me?
 

lovelybun

Member
i had low placenta too..and gynae told me tat i might need to opt for C section which i am very relectant to do so..can we reali hv natural delivery even with low placenta???
 
I had low placenta too when i was preganant with my boy last yr. Gynae told me not to worry, that in most cases the placenta will move up in later term.
I had natural delivery without epidural.
However my placenta still abit low during delivery, had heavy bleeding right after baby came out. Lucky my gynae was experienced enough, she managed to stop my bleeding just in time. I had a whole ball of bandage gauze (soaked in a solution - dunno what's is it) in my vaginal for a whole night to clear up the bleeding. Think of it, at that time, it was quite a critical moment.
There is always risk in every delivery so choose a experience gynae and discuss with your gynae for the choice you want.
 

binary

Member
I had low placenta on my 2nd preggy, also Gynae say must monitor. However at the last trimester, apprently the placenta return to normal.
Not to worry, Gynae should advice.
 

marcjo

New Member
I'm having slight low placenta at 20weeks but just did another detail scan at week 32, placenta is still slightly low but doc say it's seems to be blocking the birth canal. Now need to monitor and hopefully it will move up b4 delivery, if not, i'll have to opt for C-section. Kind of worried..
 

jaz72

New Member
I had low placenta and have my baby delivered safely, but my uterus was removed due to heavy bleeding. No worries if you're having 1st child or you do not have C-section on previous child birth.
 

cranky

Member
Had low placenta for #1 in 2009 and low placenta again for current pregnancy. My placenta did move up for me to deliver naturally for #1. No bleeding or spotting prior to that. For my current pregnancy, at 23 weeks i had some bleeding. Now have to be very careful to avoid carrying heavy things and not even my #1...
 

simp

Active Member
Any moms here has low placenta n fibroid as well? I delivered my #1 via csec becoz of fibroid n low amnio fluid. Now at wk 34, my placenta is still low touching cervix n covering e fibroid, I'm concerned of complications. Suspect I will csec next wk or wk 37. I hv been experiencing contractions twice daily since last wk, nite n morning n taking medication to manage e cramps.

I'm concerned of over bleeding n loss of womb n cost. Bb is still <2kg at wk 34. Feeling quite worried.
 

jkids

Member
i have low plancenta but no bleeding throout the pregnancy. my gynae left me to decide -natural or c section. he said 90% can deliver naturally. the other 10% u all noe what will happen. i was in a dilemma. for d last few visits, he would frown whenever he scanned me, yet he left me to decide. of cos i wanted natural, yet the consequence he told me made me very worried and nervous....
 

Cynthiachongrs

New Member
i have low plancenta but no bleeding throout the pregnancy. my gynae left me to decide -natural or c section. he said 90% can deliver naturally. the other 10% u all noe what will happen. i was in a dilemma. for d last few visits, he would frown whenever he scanned me, yet he left me to decide. of cos i wanted natural, yet the consequence he told me made me very worried and nervous....
Hi i hace the same prob, and arl in my 37 weeks. Doc said same thing gave same expression. Can u share what was ur outcome, u chose csect? Or natural.in dillema too
 

hippo78

Active Member
I was detected with low lying placenta during my detail scan by the sonographer at TMC, and just one day after the scan, i have heavy bleeding.
Two big drops of fresh blood stained my panty and dress! Luckily my baby is not in danger.
Was hospitalised for one night, and confined to full bed rest for a week. Less walking and no carrying of heavy stuffs including my 18m elder son.

The placenta did not move up even at w35. My gynae mentioned very slim chance for the placenta to shift up less than a month.
He suggest c sect this round though i was reluctant. But i have no choice cause of the consequences he mentioned during consultation.
 

Cynthiachongrs

New Member
I was detected with low lying placenta during my detail scan by the sonographer at TMC, and just one day after the scan, i have heavy bleeding.
Two big drops of fresh blood stained my panty and dress! Luckily my baby is not in danger.
Was hospitalised for one night, and confined to full bed rest for a week. Less walking and no carrying of heavy stuffs including my 18m elder son.

The placenta did not move up even at w35. My gynae mentioned very slim chance for the placenta to shift up less than a month.
He suggest c sect this round though i was reluctant. But i have no choice cause of the consequences he mentioned during consultation.
Hi, so was the csect smooth? Cos my gynae warned me there still chance i get hemorrhage, he even prepare blood tranfusion and other emergency equipnent on my admission form, just in case...
And can u share too how was ur recovery? I am alwats v v active and does exercise daily, even now since doc gave clearance, so worried i would not b able to exercise for a long time
 

Cynthiachongrs

New Member
I still haven't deliver yet. Scheduling 21 may. Entering w36 this week.
Oic, all the best to you! I am going for my last check up tis thurs before op. Doc say if i go into labour before my csect on 11th May, he will try natural for me first. How far is ur placenta to cervic? Mine is 2cm away...doc say 50% change can do natural only...so he also in dillema...
 

mummyang

New Member
just checking, when do we normally find out if we have a low lying placenta?

I'm week 17+ now, my gynae didn't say anything when we had a scan last week. never say anything = nothing wrong? or it will only be detected at the FA detailed scan at week 20?

TIA!
 

hippo78

Active Member
Oic, all the best to you! I am going for my last check up tis thurs before op. Doc say if i go into labour before my csect on 11th May, he will try natural for me first. How far is ur placenta to cervic? Mine is 2cm away...doc say 50% change can do natural only...so he also in dillema...
Mine is worse than yours , mine is 1cm-1.5cm away from cervix. Gynae and hubby do not wanna take any risk so must opt for c sect.
 

ongu

New Member
Hi there. I was also advised by my.gynea that my placenta is low so his advise is by wk 30 still the same n bb head nt down then i will ned c-sec. So scared nw
 

Top