ANY YOGURT FOR 9MTH BABY??

My 10 month old daughter has been eating yogurt since 6 months old. She loves it, but she only eats the homemade one (fussy!). I use a yogurt maker. I use Paul's 200ml plain full-fat yogurt with 1 litre of Marigold full-cream milk. Once it's ready, just add pureed or grated fruits, like avocado or mango. I also add wheatgerm to thicken it. You can also buy plain yogurt and add your own fruits. Then you know there's no added sugar. My baby eats about 100 to 150 ml of yogurt for her afternoon snack.

hi wanna ask, any brands of full fat yoghurt is ok? i usually buy baby yoghurt horizon. but this seems to be running out everywhere!

Little Ryan: I have e-mailed you.

I think any brand of full fat yogurt should be OK. It's really up to you, as each brand has a different consistency. If you are not adding anything to the yogurt, you'll want a thicker consistency, while if you want to add for e.g wheat germ to it, it'll have to be a runny consistency, so that it won't be too thick afterwards. Also depend on your baby's age, how smooth it has to be.

Hi,

i give my gal yogurt after 6mths, the brand is yoplait, they have yogurt for baby 6mths above, can find at ntuc or cold storage

let me help misha answer ur questions. You can get it from Tangs. That's where she got it 6 years ago. I am going there this weekend to get it too.
As for the recipe, she got it from the book Super Baby Book. I am getting one of that too. Hope it helps everybody.
And really thanks Misha alot!!!

Thanks, Little Ryan!
happy.gif
Just a correction: I got the recipe from "Super Baby Food" by Ruth Yaron (from Kinokuniya). The brand of my yoghurt maker is Kenwood Yogurella (from Tangs).

Hi mummies

just to share that you can buy the culture powder from some shops like vitakids as ya starter ( $30) instead of getting Paul's plain yogurt. The result is still the same
happy.gif
This is definately easier as the starter is always ready on hands, in the fridge.

You can get the SMARTBEAN maker from Tangs, less than $60. It is easier to use this than other brands. Jus add the starter into the milk in the one litre carton, then put it into the machine for ard 8 - 12 hrs. Bingo!

Cheers
happy.gif

For other brands yg makers ( available from tangs and Taka too), you have to use thermometers and a few more steps to watch out. Got to boil, sterilised the small containers....hmm...

If you are going to follow the recipes from Super baby food or online, oso very cumbersome seriously.

So I am very thankful to get this smartbean yg maker who saves me lotsa of time and money ( esp if your bb is on organic meals ).

I still have the brochure on my table:

<font color="ff0000">$55 Smart BEan Easy to make yogurt maker

Add 50cc plain yogurt ( buy the culture powder instead from Vitakids) into 1 litre-carton fresh milk, turn on power for 8 - 12 hours. Bingo!

Presson Asia Pte Ltd
Tel: 64251178</font>

I am not too sure if it is cheaper to get from the supplier directly, but you can 6% rebate using citibank card buying from Tangs. There is no further discount for sale on this item during sale hoh

FYI, I am just a happy consumer only. Have nothing to do wif them
happy.gif

Pebbles
so is that all you need:
-Machine
-50cc plain yoghurt
-1 litre fresh milk

And... turn on for 8-12 hrs.. thats it??!!

Seems easy and convenient if these r the only steps. But how's the taste? IS it very plain and sourish?

Wow, my emails are bombareded with so many enquiries so I think I should jus reply here.

<font color="ff0000">Yes, all you need is the

1. smart bean yogurt maker
2. Plain yogurt ( but like I mentioned above, try to use the culture powder which you can get at Vitakids shop ( Paragon, forum, vivo, etc). Reason becos you dun have to buy the fresh plain yogurt from the supermarket each time you need to make a batch.
3. 1 Litre of fresh milk

Voila!
happy.gif
</font>

1 litre = 1000ml. Once you switch off, jus put into the fridge and scoop out as much as you want. Very very easy. You can oso use soya milk to make yogurt.

All plain yogurt are not sweet like what you get from the supermarket. It is sour just like Paul's plain yogurt. So you can add ya own healthy sweetener like fruits puree, etc. You can oso use the plain yogurt in bakery or cooking like bread, curry... etc

It is stated that it is easy to DIY yogurt in Super Baby food or other recipes without electrical appliance, but I personally feel there are so many steps to watch out and getting used to. Believe not many mummies have that time, rather use that little time to do other things.
happy.gif

Have fun!
happy.gif

Try not to pm me hoh, my emails are flooding.

On the culture powder ( 100ml ) $30, it is stated 3ml for one litre of milk. A 3ml spoon is provided. So can make about 33 batches ya, much much cheaper than getting plain yogurt rite
happy.gif
Less than $1 for each batch. You can oso add the powder to drink, juice or milk.

No discout for this culture powder even if you have the vitakids vip card
happy.gif

Hi pebbles,
the culture powder, is it those stated in those commercial yougurts, something like L.acidophilus or some good bacterial for the stomach?

hi mommies,
My boy was on horizon organic baby yoghurt initially, actually found some weird things in it when I scooped everything out to check. So never give it to him anymore. Can try baby yoplait for 6mths to ayear old bb, Petit Miam is for over a year old bb.

Where to get Heinz yogurt?

Cherrie

Huh? Tell me what did you find in the horizon organic yg?????? SO scary. In fact I gave Horizon Organic yg to my gal and so far alright. Also I normally buy Horizon Organic fresh milk for my batch of homemade yg. Yes, the culture powder has all the good bacteria which is necessary to do your homemade yg, besides those plain yg you get from the supermarket.

yes they have, but they state vanilla nor original flavour. and the vanilla has strawberry or peach.

Hi Pebbles,
Thanks!
I dunno what the thing was also...A green patch of stuff that felt rubbery,around the size of our 20cent coin....Then also found lots of small black/brown dots when I looked closely and spooned out everything, found in every cup of the yogurt I bought! YUCK!!!!

JTS another brand of yogurt maker to consider is Severin (made in Germany), it can also be found in Tangs for $58. No need to measure temperature or sterilize anything and the good thing is you separate the milk straight into 7 small glass containers to culture and can then store them in the fridge like that.

1421999.jpg

sleek
Hw much yohurt starter to put into each bottle?

Pebbles
I tried callg Presson Asia. The sales person's attitude was horrible. Questioning me instead of mi askg him questions. I ask if tey hv something similar like wat Sleek has recommended (smaller bottles), he replied by sayg y u nd so many bottles? &amp; started firing mi non-stop.

Ladies I think this guy got too much business liao. Doesn't hv PR at all &amp; I think I better put it down in the forum so that when u call him can watch out

tulip- if you're referring to the powdered starter, it didn't work for me when I used 1 tsp (supplied by them) for 1 liter milk as recommended in the instructions. So I've stopped using that and now just use fresh yogurt, approx 1x200ml tub to 1 liter milk.

Normally what I do is use 5 bottles and just put 1 1/2-2 tbl spoon of yogurt into each small bottle with about 3/4 milk. I never measure accurately, but it only works when I use so much yogurt, I tried following severin's instructions to use 1 tsp yogurt and it never set even after >12hours!

As for the smart bean yogurt maker, why I didnt choose it is that you use a plastic container or milk pack to heat the milk, with all these bpa &amp; plastic issues, you wont know what's leeching into the yogurt you're making for your family.

sleek... I saw this same german brand in Tangs at Vivo last wk. Veri tempted to buy, bt din buy at the end coz the salesgal was not very sure hw 2 use the maker. Oli took out the instructn sheet &amp; ask mi 2 read. : (

Ohh.. u mean the box inside has got a pkt of yoghurt starter?

tulip- no dear, the tsp is supplied with the powdered yogurt starter, bought seperately from vitakids.
happy.gif

If you want to use normal yogurt as a starter, you can try this brand from selected cold storage outlets, Fage total. http://www.totalgreekyoghurt.com/ If you're making it for your baby, you know you have to use full fat yogurt/ milk as they need the fats.

So which yogurt maker did you end up buying?

Hi sleek

Lost this thread. Took mi such a looong time to find it back again. Scroll till my eyes turned teary

Seems quite a lot of yogurtu r usg as starter. Tot the instructn says abt 1 tsp?

Mi hvnt buy yet leh. Coz I heard some ple were saying no nd 2 use machine. Juz put the yogurt starter &amp; some milk into a container &amp; leave it for 12 hrs can liao. Iszit true?

Hi,

Can anyone share where to find Baby Yoplait? I only managed to find Petit Miam at NTUC AMK.

Is Paul's natural yoghurt OK for babies below 1 year old?

tsukushi
you can find baby yoplait in grocery store like market place (paragon), ntuc finest, and some bigger/better stocked cold storage. I've bought it from cold storage at GWC and centerpoint before, but very often it is OOS. HTH.

Muack
you can buy the powder from vitakids. if not just use yogurt with live cultures such as fage.

I read that it's healthier to use the powder to make yogurt rather than yogurt to make new batch of yogurt cos it's more nutritious, more live cultures. The live culutres will keep reducing if keep using 'old' yogurt to make new batch of yogurt.

I do use powder to make yogurt but nt everytime, i'll make a batch with powder n next few batches using the 'old' yogurt. one thing is my homemade yogurt is more watery compared to commercial ones.

is it ok to give fernleaf calci-um yogurt to my baby at 6mths? she likes it leh. i've given a little to her last night and this morning i gave he 3+2 teaspoons and she likes it. she's not taking her milk well so i really need to supplement. she takes only 70mls -80mls each time of milk. where got enough?

hi this may sound silly but do u serve yogurt cold from the fridge or do u take out like 15 min prior to feeding for it to be at room temp?

hi misha,
Can you share your yogurt recipe with wheatgerm added? Is the outcome like greek type of yogurt? Can pm me? Thanks!

Hi

Stonyfield yogurt can get from Cold storage at Centrepoint and parkway parade, not all cold storage have. I oso give my son eat, very nice because is yogurt with cereal and fruits.

Normally i will take out from fridge and leave there half an hour before give my son eat.

Hi moms,

In which compartment do you keep your yogurt? The freezer or other compartment for dry food or fruit compartment? (It stated on the packing keep in refrigerator below 4 degree C)

I find yoplait baby (with fruit/ vanilla) a bit sweet. Is it okay for baby?

Back