! Any solutions for noisy PRC neighbours that affect our family plan?

maybe_baby

I don't know if it's a wrong move to have this house. Our plan was to have our first child after moving into this house, but this house has actually affected our life.

First, it was the couple above us. They started playing mahjong for at least 5 days a week, and would only start after 12am until about 4, 5am. We tried to put up with it, but the screaming, shouting and others in every few minutes had badly affected our sleep. Not only that we had reduced the number of intimate session from weekly to monthly, the insufficient rest had got me into major depression too. We spoke to them for many times, but the selfish neighbour told us to blame it on how hdb built the flats. After putting up with this for 3 years, we finally decided to make a complain to hdb.

Perhaps they really needs to play mahjong everyday, they decided to sublet the house to their PRC tenants who used to rent the rooms from them, but our nightmare continue. I remember when we took the lift together, he purposely told his tenants, "you girls better don't make too much noise, Singaporeans like to complain over small matters". Obviously these girls didn't care about it.

The PRC tenants are no better than their landlord. They don't go to sleep before 4am, and their activities would only start after 11pm. We tried to bear with them for cooking at around 12am, although we live in the type of flat which the master bedroom is facing the kitchen window, but they would talk and laugh loudly, despite other neighbours have shouted them to lower their voice. After we went upstairs to talk to them, they would throw food down to our air-con compressor ledge (I had caught them red-handed), what worse is everyday we would be greeted by some rubbish at our doorstep. They would also start walking like an elephant after 12am and slam the door and gate hardly, so loud that my downstairs neighbour's grandchild would start crying.

We've put up with the landlord for 2 years, now the PRC for another 2 years, we decided to try conceiving no matter how they affect us, but we know it wouldn't be easy with the badly lack of sleep everyday. Anyone with such neighbours can share with me how you deal with these selfish people? Please and thanks.

*I believe it's useless telling them how they've affected the neighbours. They've shouted back to someone who told them to lower their volume, saying something like it's no big deal to be Singaporean.

It is inconsiderate of your neighbours & his tenants to make noises at odd hours. You can try record their noise level. Put camera at your doorstep to capture the culprit. Hand the evidents to the police. At least, the police will record down their ic / employment passes / work permits.

If they can't fit well in Singapore, it is best they leave.

With a simple recorder, I could only very few of the noise they've created, the others were only loud to our ears, so loud that even my downstairs neighbours could hear them, but could hardly hear the recorded files on the on the player. We've planned to install cctv outside our house, found someone on the STOMP website installed it at the air-con ledge as well, but we've to put the cost into consideration, as our family income has reduced due to the reason that I've to change to switch to a part-time job due to the mental stress every night.

They definitely shouldn't be in Singapore. How could these foreign women be allowed to stay here for at least 2 years, without the need to work or study, but always see them hanging out with men while others are busy at work?

if they made a lot of noise after midnight, u can call police.

try to find out what kind of work they are doing and also how many of them are staying there. If it's illegal subletting, then can complain to HDB.

Hi miracle, we've called and it's either that they didn't show up or took more than 2 hours to appear (it's just 5 minutes away from our house) or just show up with petrol car without alighting. When I called them again, they told me they didn't hear anything when they were at our blk.

A taxi uncle told me in Singapore there are some PRC women coming here with the help of our local men who thought these women really love them. The men would pay some legally registered companies to apply permit for their PRC gf, these women needn't really go to work, just on and off show face at the work place, the rest of the time they're in Singapore don't know doing what. There are also some paying local men for fake married. I believe at least one of the PRC from my upstairs is doing this, if it's true about what the taxi uncle told me.

Hi innocentwar, I had thought of that last time, but with Singapore flooded with so many people from China, there's no guarantee that after paying so much money for a new house, we won't meet another group of such people.

In my point of view, i feel most PRC people are not that educated and well mannered, therefore affected our image as singaporeans. Government should do something about it rather them letting these PRC coming into our country so easily.

maybe_baby, yes no doubt that there's no guarantee that you won't meet another group of such pple... but in my opinion, if it's affects life so much to such extent, i think it's worth to give a try to move to a new place... You maybe lucky to get a more peaceful and conducive environment as compared to now.

How about calling the reporter / tv station? They could help you to investigate.

Foreigners have created social problems to Singapore. Is the govt working on solving this problem?

I really miss the good old days of Singapore.

Sorry to hear abt your situation!! Our upstairs neighbour has 2 young kids who like to drop marbles on the floor many times a day, drag chairs/furniture loudly and worse, they love to run around stomping loudly in the night sometimes up to 2 a.m. Can hear from master bedroom and often disturb our sleep. We tried talking to them politely before and the noise reduced for a couple of days, then resumed. Sometimes really feel like slapping the kids or scolding them loudly from my window, but then it's probably hard for the tired parents to always control what the kids are doing. In the end we just try to tahan since they seem to b nice ppl who r not out to terrorise neighbours on purpose. Afterall i'm pregnant n soon we'll hv a baby who may b crying noisily and often. But i know that beside the cops, u can report the problem to ur Residence Committee. Their contact info shd be on the notice board outside the lift downstairs. They will try to help by talking to both parties n may refer u to another platform for mediation which i forgot what it's called.
I think it's really too much that you had to endure such inconsiderate ppl for years. But i hope we can refrain from stereotyping/generalising certain race or foreigners and create/deepen a social divide. As in my case our noisy neighbour is a young Singaporean family. Also I know many decent PRCs who are considerate, helpful, smart n certainly contribute positively to our society. The bunch of rotten eggs should not be allowed to spoil our perception of every PRC. Wish u good luck in resolving the issue ASAP, and also good luck in TTC!
happy.gif

it is understandable that it is hard to control young kids from making loud noise when parents are not eyeing on them.

However, it is not excusable for adults who deliberately make noises.

This is just 1 of the many cases that foreigners are rude, bad mouth & creating unnecessary social problems.

Is the govt attracting the correct Foreign Talent?

Mommybb, sure u can put it that way but I wonder is it only foreigners who are "rude, bad mouth & creating unnecessary social problems"? I remember a big hoo haa some yrs back on the papers, a few court cases abt neighbours fighting that escalated to very nasty end.. Those r betw locals lor. Also no difference whether u live in Hdb or landed hse hahaha... The thing is cannot everything also blame the gahmen, unless u wanna dedicate a significant portion of ur life to run the whole country n can do it better than them, ha ha ha... No offence hor
happy.gif
*peace*

Hi everyone, happy lunar new year to you and your family!
happy.gif

Actually not all low educated or uneducated PRC are ill-mannered, my friend is facing some problems with her highly educated PRC neighbour too.

Innocentwar: In fact last year we did approach some property agents for viewing before the property prices turned too crazy, I don't know it's our luck or what, many of them ignored us after the first contact. 2 agents told us later that all our contact numbers look like those that the property agents would use, many paranoid agents would avoid us, in case we're competitors trying to steal their listing. It's a shame that 3 ideal houses were gone due to this reason. Now with the high prices, we've to be extra careful with our arrangement, as our total income has dropped quite a lot, due to the reason that I'm currently working part time.

Mommybb: Same! I really enjoy living in Singapore in the good old days. Now I always find myself being surrounded by such people, and to make thing worse, some Singaporeans have decided to convert themselves into a selfish and rude person. Well, perhaps they believe the words "if you can't win them, join them?"

I believe these people above me are shameless type, I doubt the help from media could work on them. One of my mum's neighbour is also facing similar problem with his upstairs Chinese neighbour, he sought help from many places after failing to change them through several good talk. The officer told him to bear with it, because tenants are afterall tenants, they won't be your neighbours forever. What the.......

Vosiez: I know there are good PRC too, just like there are good and bad Singaporeans. Unfortunately we've allowed more bad ones than the good here. I know few good Chinese whom came to Singapore before the emergence of their people on this land, in fact even they also couldn't stand the "quality" of some of their own people here.

One lady told me, it's wrong for her own people to say Singaporeans hate Chinese (PRC). Last time, most Singaporeans were extra nice/helpful to her when they know she isn't a local, but now with what some people do here, she and her husband also couldn't stand them.

Vosiez, yes, every country will have their own social problems but why import in more problems to our country? I accept foreigners who are real talent & have good characters, not Tom or Dick.

I'm not interested in politics, I rather do charity.

You mentioned about blaming the gahmen. let's say, if you made grave or many mistakes, will your boss ask you to go?

Has the gahmen lost touch with the ground? Singaporeans are suffering.

Singapore has prosperous but did its hard working citizens prosperous together with the country? The answer is no, because Singaporeans salaries have been depressed. Why should Singaporeans pay gahmen high salaries? I want a compassionate & competent gahmen who genuinely cares Singaporeans, not daggling carrots when election is near. Many Singaporeans have the same view. It is citizens rights to speak up.

Don't worry, I'm not offended by you. But I hope you don't lose touch with the ground.

All the best to your pregnancy.

I'm affected by these china women too. My husband didn't want to have baby or touch me, until last year after many people reminded him we are going to be too old to be able to have a baby then he's willing to give us a chance.

Unfortunately not long after we started to try for a baby, the china gf of my deceased father-in-law appeared to pester us everyday, she kept saying we should give her a share of what my father-in-law left for us, because she had given him a lot of money. The truth is that my father-in-law was the one giving money to her and her family in china. We told her to go back to china, but we believe she doesn't want to because she wants to stay here to get more money from the men here. A Singapore educated looking married man in his 30s believes
her words and has been helping her to pester us for money. We told him about her relationship with my father-in-law, warned him not to allow her to make use of him, but he rather believed a china woman's words than his own people's.

Due to the above, my husband has been getting very depressed, and we are back to sexless marriage. I don't blame him, even I can't stand that woman's sms and phone calls, I wonder if she needs to sleep? She cursed our whole family to die, she'll also curse our children etc.

She stays in Singapore through a fake married with a Singaporean, most probably received her Singapore citizenship now since she has just divorced. we complained to the authority for allowing any tom, dick or harry for getting the death cert which has our personal particulars on it, which led to that china woman to pester us for money, but their reply was very disappointing. With all the curse and harassment, we can't even live in peace, put aside BD.

Now I shall leave my future to god, I wish to have a child, but it's not within my control.

maybe baby,
I think you can make police report on this. we did a couple of times when some inconsiderate construction worker dump concretes slabs downstairs our block at 12 midnights. Imagine the noise! once we called the police too when some inconsiderate people yell and shout at a nearby coffee shop way pass midnight.

You do not have to reveal your unit number when you talk to the police. Just say you're from which block and some inconsiderate neighbour at xx level is making so much noise and disturbing the neighbourhood. They will send 1-2 police over. Hope your problem will end soon..

Hi bemybaby,

You may wish to lodge a complain through the illegal subletting hotline. You can find the info thru HDB website. just call them and they'll send someone down to check.

They are not suppose to sublet their whole flat out. This is illegal.

This was what I did when my upside neighbour always bang the door very hard - he didn't live there cos I've seen PRC students only.

The next move is to see your MP. They have higher authority and will be able to do more compared to us. It's time to make the MPs work for you. Show them prove, like police report, or complain letters to HDB. Better of all, physical evidence - recordings.

Make them know that they are not living in a bungalow and that their inconsiderate actions can caused others to suffer.

Do not suffer in silence! You have your rights!

I hope everyone enjoyed your cny. I'm glad that I had 2 peaceful nights, as the noisy PRC was not home, but the cny eve was crazy. At least 2 of them were home for the whole day, but only started to scrub the master room toilet floor at 3:30am!

@bemybaby: I've a feeling your fil's prc gf is trying to make money out of the dead man. I think you can bring her to court for the harassment, but provided you've a solution for her accuse on the money issue. Some PRC women are revengeful, you've to be extra careful when handling them.

@arja: We've called the police several times, but may be they've received too many such complains everyday, not only that they didn't seem interested to handle my call, sometimes they didn't even show up.

Once, I was at the police post waiting for my turn to change the address on my IC. This is a neighbourhood police post in a big building, not a small one with 1 or 2 policemen inside, and there were many policemen doing nothing, one was even playing with his hp. One resident had called to report her upstairs neighbour was making a lot of noise, the police promised to send someone down, but he did nothing after hanging up her call. She called thrice, then they were willing to make a trip.

My flat isn't a corridor unit, thus it's easy for them to know which unit is making the report if it concerns slamming door etc, which usually would only affect the unit below. It's alright to let the police knows who makes the report, but not for the PRC. They'll always do something to us after we visit their house.

@froggie: bemybaby don't have the sublet issue with PRC women, it's me who is facing the headache. Actually Hdb owners are allowed to sublet their whole flat, but need to meet certain requirements, I don't know if my upstairs neighbour has met the requirements.

I've called the sublet dept to discuss about my problem with these people, the officer who answered my call kept telling me I should approach the police, if it doesn't improve then move house (she sounded it's cheap and easy to move to a new place).

I've recorded their noise. With their volume, it's too easy to record many files within a night.

Hi maybe_baby,

Paiseh, my mistake...From what I know, owners must reside in their flat for 5 years before can sublet whole flat. Nevermind, just call up and tell them you suspect that they are subletting the whole flat. Let them come and do the checks.
Btw, every HDB has got a branch office in that area. Approach the officers that is incharge of your block. Tell him or her what happened. Throughout all these years, I've encounter neighbours who throw rubbish at my doorstep, children running or playing marbles, sometimes dragging furnitures till the wee hours, neighbours drilling on a weekends, playing mahjong 24/7, cigarette butts thrown at corridor...etc. Each time they do things that are inconsiderate, I'll record first (if it's weekend) or call the police. Ya, you are right, we are playing tax for nothing...sometimes I call the police and they never show up...

Back to hdb branch office. Through the many complains, I've established the officer that is incharge of my blk. Initially, she didn't want to do anything until my husband saw the mp and also shot a letter directly to hdb. So, nowadays, I'll "feedback" the situation to her and she'll investigate and update me within a week. I'm happy to say that things have improved and I dun care if they call me complain queen cos this is my rights. And according to the hdb handbook, they listed out the above as inconsiderate acts - so I'm not wrong after all.

Do consider to see your mp. And, since election coming soon, they may have a solution for you
happy.gif

My upstairs neighbour's flat has already reached 5 years, the hdb officer in-charge of our blk had visited them, but the girl who isn't working and I suspect she paid for a valid permit (at least one of them) didn't open the door. With the noise, I know she was home, perhaps they wanted to be careful. The previous hdb officer in-charge of our blk is a very helpful person, he went to them the next day after he spoke to me, and called me back for updates very soon, unfortunately he has retired.

I do have plan to meet the mp and let him hear the noise himself, the nuisance they brought to many Singaporeans. He likes to tell us to accept these foreigners, I hope he will not tell me to accept the noisy bunch above me. LOL! People who live in bungalow, don't take public transport and their adult children needn't fight with the foreigners for hdb flats will never want to try to understand our pain.

We've met the mp for help, I'm glad that he and his rc volunteers were quite understanding towards our problem, they also agree these women are too noisy.

My mp told us not to visit their unit alone, because as we always know, some of these prc women are good in accusing people of things that we didn't do to them. It has been 2 months since our mp promised to get the police to visit them, I believe the police did do so, because we had FEW peaceful nights not long after we spoke to the mp, but as usual, they would return to their usual self within few days' time.

Honestly speaking, I don't know how long can I go on this way. We have not mentioned a word on their stomping, or cooking and chopping at about 12am every night. All we asked from them is to keep their volume down at night. It's not as if they are used to speak loudly. I've seen them always talking to Singapore uncles in soft and gentle way, but totally different when the uncles are not around.

I think I'll go crazy soon.... It has been 3 yrs, when are they going to move? Sigh!

HI Maybe baby,

If I'm you, I will continue to call police for their nightly noise pollution.
When they throw rubbish down from the window, take picture and complaint to HDB and town council.

if not, i suggest you buy another unit and shift out.

Hi Haleary, we've been doing that, but most of the time they aren't doing their job, they didn't turn up. There was once, the officer told us they would visit that unit "now", but no sign of them after 2 hrs until the PRC had went to bed, despite the NPP is less than 3 mins drive away from my place. On the third call, the same officer asked so do we still want them to visit since they had stopped? I don't know about my NPP, but when I was at a NPC waiting to change the address on i/c, I had witnessed they did nothing to such calls, despite all the policemen there were doing nothing but chit-chatting.

We've been actively looking for a resale flat, but luck is not with us.

Hi Maybe Baby,

Since the authorities can't help you much and the police did not arrest them, show that it is ok for anyone to behave like your PRC neighbour. Let your PRC neighour have a taste of their own medicines, deal them the same way they deal with you. Stand up for yourself.

mommybb, let the PRC have a taste of their own medicine? Don't forget that the whole block of flat is not just 2 units. There are many more others residents staying in the same small area. With this thinking, that makes you not much different with those PRC...

Innocentwar is right, with so many people living close to our units, I think my skin isn't that thick like them to pretend nothing when neighbours shout out of the window or knocking on my door and tell me to shut up. What's most important, as tenants, they don't need to face the hdb officer but I have to.

I think I've to thank their many Singapore married bf (not just guessing but have witnessed with own eyes) for contributing to their rental for so many years. My relative told us if they go on this way, even if we could have a baby, the poor baby will sure wake up by them every night, just like what these girls been doing to us. Only different is babies will not wake up and keep quiet, they'll cry. =_="

Hi,

I think it is wrong to say police do nothing about noise level.

But they will priortise all calls. If I am not wrong, NPP is closed after 10pm or something. Only those NPC are open.

When a call is made, the police login the case and send out the messages. They do not need to call physically.

Police will handle noise pollution calls if it is after 10pm or 10.30pm. Just tat it may not be immediate if they do have other cases on hand.

You can still continue to make police report if there is noise pollution. Well, while the noise level may drop after police's visit, but if every other day, they have police to visit them, ur neighbour should know that this is not allowed...

innocentwar, dealing with bad neighbour does not means other residents must suffer. You seriously need some critical thinking skill.

You mentioned 'With this thinking, that makes you not much different with those PRC...'. Let's say if a group of people consistently bully your love ones, the authorities & spf can't do much. What will you do?

Hi Maybe Baby,

Bad neighbour tasting their own medicine can be done in clever & tactful ways, no need to create noise or use fist. Sooner or later, they will realise that they are in the wrong. Whatever is your decision, I will respect. For me, I will never allow my family to be victimised, I will stand up for them.

Hi star, the reason why I commented on the case I saw was because the police officer who answered the call didn't do anything until the resident called to ask after about 50 mins, then he told one or two of his colleagues out of the at least 5 to pay a visit. And yes, as I've mentioned, it's a NPC and the officer had admitted to the caller that nothing was done yet.

Hi mommybb, please forgive my stupidity, but can you elaborate on the clever and tactful medicine? I've tried all the solutions I can think of, and all of what our friends and family had suggested, nothing works on them. Initially I wanted to take legal action on them, not expecting them to compensate our huge loss in health and monetary, but at least to make them move out. Unfortunately, it doesn't work in Singapore.

Previously i had a noisy neighbour who is abit crazy, always throwing rubbish/ scold ppl for no reason, even splash bleach on our windows

We called police alot of times even hdb n towncouncil, they all say they cant do anything n gave us a number to call, for neighbour conflicts n mediation....

We had no choice but to call the number n file a report after that they sent a letter to the neighbour n request then to go down n mediate with us, the neighbour got scared n did not reply them n rent her whole flat out n moved away

We was told that as we made a report, if the neighbour refusr to response, we can call up the police if their noisy again n tell the police to warn them n police usually have more power at this time coz its thr neighbour refuse to cooperate,

The government open the gate and lets so many PRC comes to Singapore but the authorities when we approached them for help, they are pushing away the responsibilities. Look at the number of social problems created by these PRCs, there should be more to come.

PRCs gf also can stay in Singapore........what a shame on our government to bring in just trash from China.

Hi maybe baby

I belive your problem still exists... Let me share my similar experience with you and how I managed to get rid of them.

No use going up yourself.

Firstly, you can call police after 10.30pm onwards for noise cases. Everytime you call, you record down time and spoken to which officer. Call every half and hour or so to the NPC concerned and do likewise to record timing and spoken to who. This method should settle the police, by the way if police do not follow up, follow up with an email to their feedback section.

HDB has their own officer in charge of each block, get his email or direct number and similarly contact him for such noise occurrences and record down the number of times you report to him.

With these two-thronged approach, then approach MP for assistance. For now, try my two above methods first? Or you have already done and no effect?

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing your experiences and solutions that may be able to help me. My sincere apologies for not visiting this forum regularly, as I've went through quite a bit of hard time during this period. The stress from my gynae and my hubby's relatives and lack of good rest due to the noisy PRC women caused my depression to return.

I would consider ourselves as victims who spent most part of our cpf to buy an expensive roof, but end up suffering while the upstairs house owner is getting his extra income from these women. I try not to approach my hdb officer or mp often, as the officer gave me a feeling that he is sicked of our problem. My mp has been helpful too, but unfortunately from
what he mentioned on media, he seems to think that it's partly because Singaporeans dislike PRC, therefore the reason why we are complaining about their loud noise at night. Also, I do not want to complain about their noise created in daytime or their every late night chopping, cooking and other loud noise, because some people think we should show more tolerance towards them.

I believe the PRC women have received a warning, as the most noisy 2 who used to be home every night didn't come home at most nights... I told myself to take it easy on the chopping and other loud noise, but like previous times, the loud women are back home every night again and also return to their usual self again. Sigh! I really wish to give them a slap when I'm taking the same life as them. They always look a bit scared when they were alone, but will stare and make me feel threaten when there are at least 2 of them together.

Wake up by them in both day and night for so many years is really no joke... I believe the stress is most probably why I've difficulty in having a baby, since my check-up results have got no problem. We had viewed a resale flat which we quite like, and are comfortable with the cov, but we gave up because during the 2 visits, we noticed there are also 2 loud PRC women there, and they aren't just tenants, but wives of house owners. I wonder back in their country, how the good PRC can stand these inconsiderate people?

Try using media to give stress to the police and mps and share ur problem with the rest of the sgs. Will help one! Cannot be no authorities can help you.

It does come into my mind, but I'm afraid it might aggravate the problem, as the house owner doesn't look like a decent person (ah beng), and the PRC women will always come up with more new noise after the hdb officer has visited them.

All the more the authorities (police) will be interested in this unit as its ah beng. Can try returning back the noise to them?

I also ever had same experience even after many authorities informed, I returned back the noise to them and its quiet ever after.

Hope to get an update from you.

I've tried all solutions, friends and relatives from more than one religion have even prayed for me, but after so many years, these girls seem to love the living environment here. Sigh! Seeing how the girls brought me into major depression, parents are so worried that one day I will lose control of myself and either commit suicide or murder the girls, but I've assured them that I'm not that stupid to ruin my life for these PRC. Actually I'm thinking to take sleeping pills every night, but I was being told that with sleeping pills, I will not get wake up easily, but my doctor said I shouldn't take it for long term.

@Sir: We've recorded their loud talking which is also the most irritating part, compares to the at least half an hour chopping sound in the middle of the night, and played what we recorded at the highest volume... They heard it, stunned for few seconds, then ignored and continue.

@Bluedaisy: I've been doing what you suggested with my earpiece (slightly better than headphone), except that lately I listened to noisy techno music and in almost full blast. To my surprise, I can still hear them. Haha!

Maybe baby

Have you ever considered to bring it to media? Can call those tv reporter / tv programme like "星期二特写 or 前线追踪"to report this matter? Since mp or police can't help much, let's e media bring up e issue for you, perhaps it will give mp and e noisy neighbor some pressures and e problem can be resolved soon

Dear all, do you guys think I should be more forgiving towards these PRC girls on public holidays, weekends and eve of these days? Last time I had to work on alternate Saturdays, we had explained to one of the girls twice hoping to seek for their understanding, but it's ineffective at all. My SIL told me to let them relax (as in making noise at late night) on weekends. Am I wrong to ask for good sleep every night?

@Jolin: I had thought of doing this, but someone from the internet who used to share similar problem as us told me the report published on the newspaper was just a very small one, and no follow up after the first visit, while the mediacorp didn't even bother to get back to her. I guess with such a huge number of these people living in Singapore, there's definitely a group of people facing similar problem as me... but the people who handle our reports will most probably see it as another complain about foreigners.

Is the noise affecting other neighbors too? If it is, you could talk to them and come up with something I guess. Maybe a bigger group of people complaining about the same thing will have a greater effect

MPs cannot help?
Minister level?

I understand the hardship involved in recording all details and calling agencies to follow up, consider moving house? With MBT out from hdb, the new KBW might have other solutions for you like move house?

Yesterday, I was on the bus with a friend, a group of 4 PRC talked so loud that all other passengers were either staring at them or showing a frustrated face. I realized later that they are the ones staying above my unit. If the passengers couldn't stand them on the bus, you can imagine what my hubby and I have to go through every night, with additional noise like dragging furnitures, chopping and others.

I overheard the 3 girls who just came to Singapore last month told the one who has been staying here for years that they like this country very much, and want to stay here for as long as possible, but everything here are much expensive than in China. The old bird taught them to find more local bf, the more they have, the better life they can enjoy here.

Everytime I saw them with their local older bf, I can't help but to think if each of them have at least 3 bf, just the 6 girls staying above me have ruined 18 Singapore families! They aren't the usual PRC women we saw in Chinatown although they go there quite often too. They are in branded clothing (saw them coming out from these boutiques with many shopping bags in hands), some without China accent when talking to their bf and most important thing is they are young, pretty and fashionable. They can deal with all types of men, as from what I saw, their local bfs range from old taxi uncles, rich businessman in mercedes, young delivery man in van to middle age executive.

@Bluedaisy: my flat belongs to newer batch, not next to one another type, thus not many neighbors affected by them. Currently my downstairs and their upstairs neighbours are old couples, the type of people who do not want to get involve in anything... Or maybe old people have bad hearing problem? Our other nearest neighbour that might also be affected is also from China and loud speakers. Last year someone had shouted out of their window to remind them that all the neighbours were already sleeping, but I don't know which unit was that.

@Sir: my MP was very helpful at the beginning (although he also has the same thinking like our government that this is a complain and that's because Singaporeans dislike PRC), he helped us to write to the hdb and police officer in-charge for more than once, and the hdb officer would visit the unit/ called the owner on next day... but this is a group of stubborn and hopeless PRC that I've met. How lucky!

Just to add that it's not because we don't want to move, but now with only my hubby being the sole breadwinner, no more own vehicle and parents are very old, we're unable to find a resale flat with affordable cov, convenience public transport to our parents' house and etc. We had even lower our search to a 3 rooms flat, old but expensive, unfortunately there are also PRC women of the same kind as my upstairs'.

Back