Any Singaporean MTBs/Mums living overseas???

hi another mummy living overseas...in China Guangzhou. missed Singapore too...have been in China for about 5 years from Shanghai to Suzhou and now Guangzhou. I have a 2.5 years old now boy. Juz settled down in Guangzhou, not much friends yet

Hi Mrs N,

Thanks for recommending those websites. They are very informative and i am just hooked on reading them... I am going to start feeding J next week and I am feeling quite excited! Lately she has been imitating me eating and moves her mouth as if she's chewing.

By the way, have you got any clue about how the Singapore Day is going to be this sat? Are they going to sell anything from S'pore? I heard that we gotta queue for very long to taste a spoonful of nasi lemak...heheheh

Hi Mrs N,

THank you for all the useful information! I will read up those links that you sent...most likely not going to have one in UK coz it shld be a short stint there...

And yes, I visit wholesomebabyfood.com too, very good website!

P-moments welcome!

kayla the organisers have sent us email but never really mentioned about buying stuff from sg. Just info about food stalls, entertainment and booths to let us know what's going on back home. Will you be going? We could meet up. I'll email you my mob no. and then you can text me.
happy.gif

fufu you're welcome. How long will you be in the UK for?

Mrs N,

from what i see now, prob only joining hubby in early jan next yr. his course will end by august, i think....so unless he gets a job in london, we shld be back around that time...

Kayla ok see you tomorrow. Are you driving there? Heard that parking could be problematic. Weather forecast doesn't look too good though.

Hi Mrs N,

Ya i checked and think its going to shower tmr...I pray that its going to be a sunny day. We will be driving there...cant imagine carrying all the stuff on our own. I doubt we'll be there early esp with a baby! See ya tmr
happy.gif

Hi moms.

Anyone here located in USA, Boston? Will be going there with 3 young kids from Jan to June 2010 because hubby is posted here for work. Would really appreciate any useful tips and advise on kids' activites during harsh winter. Tks alot!

hi mummies in UK,

I'm wondering if it's better to purchase winter wear for my DD (now 19mths) in SG first or just get the bare minimum in SG before I get the rest in UK? Winter wear in SG, as you all might know, is pretty pricey.

If buying in UK is a better idea, can you throw me some shop names to look at? Would be better if there is internet shopping/delivery so I can purchase online and send to my hubby in Oxford first before he come back to SG for his winter break (DD and I join him few mths later).

We used to have some baby winter clothes but she will be 25mths when we leave for UK so its time to stock up new ones!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hi Fufu I think it's better to buy in the UK probably more cheaper and more variety.

Most supermarkets like Tescos, Asda, Sainsbury have children's clothing at reasonable prices. Primark, Next, Marks & Spencer are also some of the high street shops where you can get them. Obviously it's summer time now so most shops are selling summer wear. Probably wait until September/October when they start to bring out their winter range.

Here are some websites:

Next: http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/children/youngergirls/1/

Asda: http://direct.asda.com/george/kid-s-clothing/younger-girls-6-months-5-years/0302,default,sc.html

Marks & Spencer: http://www.marksandspencer.com/Kidswear/b/53882031?ie=UTF8&intid=gnav_kids&mnSBrand=core

hi mrs N,

once again, thanks for the useful information!

I shld go check out some prices in SG now too coz some shops are clearing winter wear and they are on sale now. Will do a price comparison. Meanwhile, its internet windows shopping first!

Hi Hi

Any mummies in California? We will be going there in this dec until 2010 Dec. Will be going there with my hb and 2 kids (2.5yr and 7mth). Hope to meet sg mummies there
happy.gif

Mikiko

i'm in TX. i have singaporean mummy friend ( she has 2 kids- her kids are older though but she is real nice and friendly, probaly will be able to better help you find other similar age group singaporean mummys there?) that stays in southern CA around LA area can introduce. PM me.. you can add me to FB and i can intro you to her via FB

Hi All,

I in my 38th weeks pregnancy now.. As my husband is not singaporean, We will be leaving SG when baby is 3 months old. I was wondering if any of you mummies was in the same situation as me and could help to advice about the vacinnation. As I known, in SG, babies will have to get necessary vaccinations until 2 years old.

In the case whereby Im leaving SG in 3 mths, does baby still have to take Hep B 1st and 2nd dose? For mummies who leave SG when bb is young, please advice on the vaccination your bb had took in SG.

Many thanks for your help and advice in advance.

Any mummies in Geneva Switzerland ? Might be relocating there wif my 4 n 2 yrs old n hubby. Can u share your experiences in e new place taking care of children all alone wif no help? No friends ESP my hubby needs to travel regularly too.

How is education there?
I m also concerned how r my kids going to join e primary sch here when we r back next time? Coz they won't ve a space in any sch, thanks lots!

I Appreciate any advices!

Hi hi

Any mummies in Belgium, Brussels?

Need advices on housing, kids's schooling, living experience, etc and most importantly to make friends!

Hope to hear from you
happy.gif

Back