Any Singaporean MTBs/Mums living overseas???

Yeah Earl Grey you have to be one tough lady!
lol.gif
It will be such a nice experience and at least put your mind to rest. Anyway I think MW are supposed to check for fetal heartbeat during our regular antenatal visits. There is a section called 'Fetal heart' and a box for them to tick on our maternity notes.

Oh Kayla that's just too bad. On the bright side at least you beat the rush and chaos at the airports. Couldn't you try going in September? Won't October be a little late for you? Hee! Hee! Wouldn't it be great if you had a Christmas Day baby?

Yeah girls names have more variety and are a bit more flexible. Even if a girl had a boy-sounding name it wouldn't raise so many eyebrows as a boy having a girl-sounding name!
wink.gif

Wah so both of you are 'late birds'.
happy.gif
Me and hubby were both early birds by a month. But we're praying that our baby won't arrive too early as my parents won't be arriving until 2 weeks before my EDD! Hopefully we will have sorted names by then. I have a friend whose baby arrived one month early and she wasn't quite prepared. She had only begun reading the baby name book and was still stuck on 'A' when her baby arrived. So her son's name begins with 'A' as she never got beyond that alphabet!

Hi Ladies!

I am currently in SG and will be back in Ldn on the 1st July. I will also be returning to SG to deliver my baby by the end of August. SQ is the only airline that allows u to fly up to 35weeks, and definately u need a letter from NHS to certify how many weeks u are and also if u are having single and multiple pregnancy.

My mum just told me that perhaps i should return earlier if my tummy is going to get bigger in 3rd tri. Atm, my tummy is still small at 5half months but with the past weeks of eating, I've already put on 1kg and am looking "bigger"! haha!

Earl Grey,
Have u found ur gynae? I will be delivering at Gleneagles and will be going for the hospital visit on the 26th June when i see my gynae. MTBs here are very lucky that they get to see their baby when they visit the doctor. We do not know the gender of the baby cos I want to keep it a surprise. My mum (thru her chinese calculation which has been accurate all the time) has said that i will be having a girl but as my tummy is not that big yet, she dont want to 100% confirm that its a girl. But somehow as what u have both been saying, I've been seeing more of girls' names and girls' clothings! Hub and I have only 1 boy name.

Hey Thel lucky you to be in Singapore!
happy.gif
Did you manage to go to the motherhood fair and get some bargains?

I was in Sg when I was about 5mths too. And my friends and family members all commented that my tummy was still small. I didn't really look pregnant only just a bit plump! Even the lady at the maternity shop couldn't believe that I was expecting. Made me feel like an imposter!
lol.gif
But I certainly put on more weight while out there. After months of hardly eating anything, I was stuffing myself with food. When I came back to the UK I was still so full of food that I couldn't eat very much and lost about 2kg. My hubby was a bit concerned as he thought I should be putting on not losing!
lol.gif
But in these last few weeks I've been putting on slowly but surely, even though 'bump' is according to everyone else still on the small side. I asked the MW a few days ago after she'd measure me if she thought the baby was on the small side but she said according to my growth chart, baby was doing fine for the time being. Baby is about 1.4kg now. So a small bump doesn't really mean undergrowth.
happy.gif

Yes MTBs in Sg are very lucky to see their baby so often. However we'll be seeing our baby for the third time this Monday for my 32 week scan. The sonographer thought my placenta was a bit on the low side at 22 weeks so she booked me in for another appointment. So hopefully the placenta will have move up by then. The sonographer and the MW seem to have high hopes that it will. They say that 90% of the time it does move up. Otherwise will have no option but to do a c-sect. Oh well! Another excuse to see baby again.
happy.gif

Ha! Ha! My mum is keen to know the gender of the baby and keeps referring to the baby with a girl's name which my hubby mentioned to her when we were in Sg! I don't know what she'll call the baby if it turns out to be a boy instead!
rofl.gif

Hi Mrs N,
Ya i wished my colleague told me abt her holiday plans earlier so that I wouldnt have held such high hopes abt going to Singapore. Well, I am Indian by origin and according to our beliefs, pregnant women are supposed to have their baby showers during the 5th, 7th or 9th month. So I will be in my 5th month during Aug and 7th month during Oct hence the plans to Singapore during those months. But i guess its a win-win situation for me if I go over in Oct cos then I can see all my relatives during the Deepavali celebration
happy.gif

Hi Mrs Thel,

Lucky you!!! So you must be enjoying all the Singapore food day in day out...hehehe...How's the weather over there? Hope its not too hot there or else you will feel uncomfortable with your pregnant belly...You know, i used the Gendar calculator thingys on the internet and it said that I would be having a gal according to my Lunar age...Dont know if that is very accurate but all my aunties have used it to predict their babies' gender.

Hi Earl_Grey,
You and your hubby must be so excited to hear your baby's heartbeat...Enjoy every moment of it
happy.gif

Ladies, I received a letter from my hospital asking me to come for a repeat blood and urine test because they have lost them from my very first appt!!! I was super mad...esp since i took time-off from work to go for all these tests. Already, my boss isnt too happy that i am taking the afternoons off for these appts cos he wants to me to go in the mornings and come in to work afterwards. But I told him that I am more comfortable with the afternoon appts.Plus i heard from my colleagues that he used to take the afternoons off and accompany his wife on her appts.Arghhhh...Unwanted stress from hospitals and work!

Hi Ladies!
Its super hot in SG! U cant imagine the heat here! Its been a long time since i experienced sweat coming down my face when i had nasi padang yesterday!! But it was definately worth it! ha!

Yeah heard about the Gender Calculator and actually, whatever it predicts, its the opposite! My mum had that when she was expecting me and my bro and it was the total opposite. SO according to that, i am suppose to be expecting a boy....so lets see!
happy.gif

Mrs N,
No didnt go to the fair. Its too far from my place and the weather was not too favourable. I've been looking at those foldable bassinet/playpen since I will be delivering in SG and will be staying with my parents. Btw, I've checked out stuff at Mothercare and the stuff in Mothercare UK is cheaper than SG!

Hi ladies,

Wow, it has been a fairly busy morning hasn't it?! Quite a number of posts!
happy.gif

I am a little worried about my weight today, 'cos I weighed myself last night and was shocked to see that I have gained 4kg since my 1st appt with the MW 4 weeks ago! That means I put on an average of 1 kg per week! I think that's a little too much especially since I am only in my 15th week. My hubby said it's because I slept too much (I must sleep 8-9 hrs everyday or I can't function properly) and have not been taking my evening walks religiously (I always skip it due to pelvic pain). I didn't notice it earlier as all my zip-up skirts still fit, thus I thought I hadn't gained much.

I shall ask my MW about this when I see her next week, but would like to hear your views first. However I suppose none of you gained weight as much and as fast as I have since you all seem to have pretty small tummies?

Hi Mrs Thel,
We'll see how accurate the Gender calculator is when i go for my 20th week scan...hehehe...Same for my mum as well. She tot that she was expecting a gal when she was carrying my brother! Its something to do with the calculation of the age, i guess. ooooooooh Nasi Padang...Yummy
happy.gif

Hi Earl_Grey,
To tell you the truth, i have not weighed myself. Because i dont have a weighing scale at home...lol...My normal weight is abt 52kg but My hubby said that i seemed to have put on some weight around my chest and buttocks. I have noticed that my jeans, bra and pants are getting tighter but have not measured my weight. Guess the question to pose to your MW is whether your baby has put on some of the weight that you have gained. And Weight gain could be due to so many factors such as Water retention, engorgement of the breasts etc...Now that you have said it, i am curious to check my weight...

Hi Thel,

Haha! I shall be going home in a few weeks' time as well, will be visiting the food court near my place first before I do any shopping! That may cause my weight to rise even further, but I doubt I can resist the temptation! Will just engage a a Malay masseur to help bind away all those extra kgs after delivery!

I was discussing this gynae issue with my mum on the phone just now. I live in the north-east area, and the hospitals near my place are Mt. Alvernia, Thomson Medical Centre and KK. So I shall choose one of the three to have my baby, and visit a gynae from the same place. I prefer visiting a gynae from the hospital or centre itself to engaging one from outside because she would then be more familiar with the facilities and staff, but I have not decided on anyone yet.

There are so many gynaes to choose from, do share how you selected your gynae, so that I can have some pointers when I choose mine, thanks!

Hi Thel you shouldn't mention nasi padang! Aiyoh make me feel so hungry.
biggrin.gif

Oh really! I've never bothered to check Mothercare out as I always thought their stuff were a bit on the ex side be it in Sg or UK.
happy.gif
But yeah some stuff are indeed cheaper in the UK than in Sg. For example we were looking at Avent breast pumps and they were actually a whole lot cheaper on ebay (brand new too) than any of the shops we went to in Sg.

We went to the motherhood fair in April and coincidentally the weather was bad too on that they. But we thought we'd go and check out the bumwear. Seen their website and they look interesting although they seem a bit pricy upfront. Ended up getting some as in the long run it will pay for itself and can be used for the next 2/3 years or for the next child and also it was more environmentally friendly which was the main attraction for my hubby.
happy.gif
Seems quite a long way to go just to get diapers yah? My hubby actually found the whole experience fascinating because he had never seen so many pregnant women congregated under one roof before!
lol.gif

Earl Grey maybe you are you eating more without realising it? There was a discussion about weight gain during pregnancy on the SWA forum and someone mentioned that the pattern of your weight gain would be similar to your mum's. Was a bit skeptical when I heard that but now I think that there must be some truth in it because my mum said she didn't really put on that much until towards the end and it's similar with me. Maybe you should ask your mum how much weight she gained during her pregnancy?
happy.gif

Kayla that's too bad the hospital lost your samples. How careless of them! Oh well, don't mind what your boss says. He's just being a sourpuss.
angry.gif
You are entitled to go for all your checkups. It's nice you'll be able to go back and celebrate Deepavali with your family. At least you'll get more of a festive atmosphere back home not to mention a public holiday.
happy.gif

Looks like everyone is heading home in the next few months except me. Don't know when I will be able to go back.
sad.gif

Hi Mrs N,

Dont worry too much! You can go over to Singapore with your baby...I am sure that would delight your family who can see and play with the new addition to their family. There are still abt 4 months to my trip...Sigh...Wish time will fly by soon. But i am thinking of starting my maternity leave when i leave for this trip so that means i need to train someone for my role and settle any outstanding matters. Nonetheless, i can only relax when i get on the plane to Homeland!!!

Talk abt weight gain...If i am going to follow my mum, i predict that I will put on weight after the pregnancy and have loads of stretch marks...hehehe...plus my mum used to have very long straight hair which dropped alot and became curly after i was born...Feel quite scared now!

Ladies,
I too am not so keen on using Diapers all the time. But it will be easier to dry them in the sun in Singapore...Dont mind using the washable nappies as they are better for the environment and for the baby's skin.

After reading your posts, think I will shop for the baby items in Singapore when i go over. Which things do u guys recommend to buy first? Clothes? Baby bottles? I am not sure what things to buy in the Uk as well. Like my mum said not to buy anything before the baby is born but that would be too late right? And its not practical to wait until the baby is born to get the impt things. We might end up making purchases in a hurry...

Hi all!
I've been visiting all the childrens
dept when i head to the shops and been looking at glass milk bottles for home use. So far, the two brands that have glass bottles are Nuk and Pigeon and they are avail at Isetan.

Ive only bought come baby clothes from mothercare as we have a hand-me down cot from a friend. And when i return to UK, will be looking at prams. Have any one of u seen any? Am looking at the 3-in-1 travel system since i will be bringing it back to SG in Aug.

Btw, any suggestions for breast pump? I was looking at Medela but am not too sure if I should invest in one since i only intend to bf for 2 months only.

Will be looking to buy a receiving blanket and also cloth diapers to bring back to SG cos I think UK has been quality ones. Any suggests for those cloth diapers? I've been shown some samples during my yoga classes in UK and they were quite good and all u need is to buy the liners for a diapers and they are flush-able too!

Earl Grey,
I've so far gained 4kg since my last visit to the gynae and she told me I can afford to put on another 2kg. Oh no.....I think from all the eating and soups for the past 2 weeks, I've already gained 2kg!
My gynae is actually a referral from my GP when I was working in SG. N i saw her for a bad yeast infection due to the anti-biotics I had for tonsilitics just before we moved to UK.
My doc is Ang Huai Yan and her clinic is at raffles pl and gleneagles so that is why I've decided on gleneagles. Moreover, i was born in the same hospital too!
happy.gif

Will be going for the hospital tour at the end of the month and understand that they just completed their renovations.

Ladies, what kind of exericises do u all do to keep fit? Ive been told to go swimming....my frens have highly recommended it for easy labour. I am going for a all natural birth with no medication! hehehe

Hi Kayla & Thel

we would like to go back some day with the baby but my hubby is not too keen to travel when the baby is under a year old. So we just have to wait and see.
happy.gif

It is good idea to buy baby's cloths in Singapore as they are much cheaper than in the UK. We got all of our baby baju from neighbourhood shops in Toa Payoh. But had to get neutral colours as we don't know the gender of our child. However for winter clothing we'll just get them in the UK probably from ASDA or from a charity shop. But I've heard that superstition from my Indian friend about getting things too early.
happy.gif
I was a bit apprehesive about getting baby stuff at the beginning too but my hubby and I have been praying for our baby and we decided that we should just put our trust in God and He will protect our child.
happy.gif

As for cloth diapers well it's best to find out what different brands are out there and their pros and cons. Anyway if you are deciding to buy your diapers in the UK, there's this website which asks various questions about what you are looking for in a cloth nappy and you'll get a personalised response with recommendations. http://www.thenappylady.co.uk/default.aspx
Not so sure if you'll find that useful as I've never used it but I found it on some other forum where they were discussing reusables.
happy.gif
In our case, I found out about bumwear from this forum and since I was down in Sg in Mar/Apr we went to investigate. My hubby and I both liked the feel of their one-size pocket diaper. I know some parents in Sg have a few reservations about the fleece as they feel it could be too 'hot' for the Sg climate but for temperate climates like the UK, fleece is quite ideal and its so easy to wash and maintain.
happy.gif
My hubby is a great fan of fleece and almost all his jumpers and jackets are made from the material. But back to diapers I've been testing out their drying times and the diapers do dry pretty quickly however the cloth inserts do tend to take a little longer. You do need to buy nappy liners. But the man at bumwear told us that for urine you can wash the liners and re-use but for the 'poo' just flush them down the toilet.
happy.gif
I'm not sure if the ones sold in the UK are better or cheaper but for cloth diapers I think you need to feel them for yourself before deciding and being where we are it's not that easy to find such shops. All the UK ones I've seen are through the internet and I didn't really fancy them to be honest which is not a fair way to judge I guess. But having said that we are pretty pleased with the diapers we've got that we decided to put in another order online from bumwear a few weeks ago. They have been delievered to my parent's place and my mum will be bringing them up in a few weeks time.
happy.gif

I didn't really bother to get milk bottles as I'm intending to BF. However my mum got me a Lindum milk bottle at the Taka Baby Fair ... just in case.

As for breast pumps that was something I took a while deliberating. Wasn't sure if I needed one if we wanted to BF. But my hubby suggested that we get one just in case I was tired or ill or whatever
biggrin.gif
at least I could still express and he could feed the baby with breast milk. We've investigated breast pumps and finally settled for the Avent one. It was one of those advertised in the Bounty Booklet.
happy.gif
I suggest that you take a look around the shops and see what you prefer and note down the prices. Then compare the same product with those sold on ebay. We got a brand new Avent travel set for about GBP 20 on ebay. In Sg the same thing cost about $100 plus!

We didn't really investigate prams as my SIL passed on hers to us. Still in pretty good condition and can be converted from pram to stroller and can also affix a car seat to the frame. It's a silvercross but guess the model won't be sold anymore as it is about 12 years old!
lol.gif
But I'm sure you would find newer and better models around nowadays. The one given to us by my SIL is a little too bulky to take overseas. And tbh I prefer a baby carrier. We got one from Isetan (when they had a sale. Was pretty lucky to be back home at a time when most sales seem to be on!) and I think I will probably use that more often.
happy.gif

Would like to go for an all natural birth with no medication too. But that would depend on the outcome of my scan this Monday.
wink.gif
My MW recommended that I take regular walks and hubby and I try to take walks whenever we can but not very regular as we both come back quite late from work.

Have a great weekend girls and keep well!

Hi ladies,

Thanks for all those information on diapers and stuff, I think I would like to use washable nappies if it's not too troublesome so as to do my bit for the environment. I am hoping to buy most of the baby things during Great Singapore Sale, but I shall compare price for breast pump and steriliser, and should I find UK or ebay cheaper, I'll then ask hubby to buy here and bring over to SGP.

By the way, I finally got to hear my baby's heartbeat today! It's so fast, over 140 per min! I couldn't help but laugh in delight when I heard it, really happy to know that he is developing alright in me, as I haven't been a very obedient MTB when it comes to eating healthy and excercising regularly!

Talk about excercise, I've been told that swimming, walking and yoga are good. Not too keen to swim, but I have been taking walks and planning to attend yoga classes when I return to Singapore.

Mrs. N,

Not sure if you stay near the Peak district, but driving to the hills for a weekly walk can be really enjoyable. That's what me and hubby did last Sunday, we drove to Longdendale and took a walk up the hills, then sat on a grassy slope to appreciate the lake and scenery around us, with sheeps and cows grazing in the distance, and not a single soul in sight. It was so refreshing, with breeze in our face and greenery all around us. My hubby always says that such leisure walks in the nature is one thing that SGP can never beat UK, and we must take advantage of it. So do go for one when you have time!

Hi Earl_Grey,

So happy to read that you have heard your baby's heartbeat!!! I can imagine your excitement...You just want to keep on hearing it for a longer time right?...

I have been quite busy with work this week so was unable to post any msgs...The toilets in my office are being painted at the moment and the smell of paint is quite strong...THink its harmful for the baby right? And i feel very depressed as well...everyone's commenting that i have not put on weight and my tummy is not showing. I hate explaining to them that i try to eat well etc!!! And i feel like going for a scan to see my baby cos i really dont feel pregnant at all...Is it normal to feel this way?

Hiya Ladies

Went for my 3rd scan yesterday and all seem well. Placenta has moved up and is not longer blocking the cervix. So there's no necessity for a c-sect.
happy.gif

Went for antenatal classe last Saturday which was very interesting. The MWs explained all about labour and the options for pain relief plus it's side effects. After their talk I am more determined than ever to try for a drug free birth as far as possible. My hubby was very fascinated by the 'Birthing Ball' and got me one off the internet that very evening.
happy.gif
MWs were recommending that we sit on the ball as much as possible and also to practise the kneeling position with the ball as support for the position we adopt during labour. Quite an interesting 2 hour session.

Hi Earl Grey it's great to hear the baby's heartbeat isn't it? And also reassuring. Yeah their heartrate is about 2 times faster than ours.

We live about an hour from the Sheffield side of the Peak district. Usually we go to Frogatt Edge or Castleton but haven't been to the peak district since last August. In the early days of the pregnancy I used to get carsick. But the advantage of living in a village is that the countryside is pretty much on our doorstep. Guess we should try to make the effort and get home a little earlier.

Kayla don't worry too much about not putting on weight and not showing about your tummy in the early part of your 2nd trimester.
happy.gif
I think most begin to show around 24 weeks plus. Even now some people don't know I'm pregnant! The ladies in church told me this morning that they can't believe how small my tummy was even though I was already 32 weeks plus.
happy.gif
Oh well perhaps it would have worried me if not for the fact that I had my scan yesterday and I asked the sonographer after she took the measurements if she thought my baby was on the small side. She said the baby was right for it's age and was about 4.5 lbs. So don't worry too much about the size of your bump yah? I know how you feel b'cos when I went to Sg (I was about 19 weeks then) everyone made the same comment to me. But so long as you take good care of yourself and eat properly your baby will be ok.
happy.gif

Thel been looking at the silver cross website http://www.silvercross.co.uk/combinations.php. I think they do a 3-in-1 travel system. The one my SIL gave us is the older version of the sleepover classic. Don't look cheap though. But my SIL is one to go for quality that lasts and I guess based on the condition of the pram she gave us inspite of it being more than a decade old and lasting thru 3 little boys, I would say that silver cross is a pretty reliable brand. But I'm sure if you ask for opinions on other brands on babycentre or babyworld forums you'll be able to get some idea of what the market on prams is like.
happy.gif

Hi Mrs N,

Thanks for your encouraging words
happy.gif
Its just that my next scan is on 31st of July and I feel like I want to see my baby as I am worried about its growth. A month and a half seems like a long time for me...Now i am envious of MTBs in Singapore who get to see their gynae very often...Till now i have met so many different people in my hospital. Feel very lost most of the time!

BTW, i am glad that you dont have to go for a C-section. I wish that all of you ladies have a safe and easy childbirth
happy.gif

I received the results of the Nuchal test that I went for in May...Finally! They came out as negative so thats a relief, i must say...

Hi ladies,

Kayla,

I don't feel pregnant at times too despite having a small bump already, I think it's just because we don't get to 'see' our baby that often, and its movements cannot be felt yet. I believe once it's big enough and you are able to feel its kicks and turns in your tummy, you will start feeling pregnant and much more reassured.

Glad to hear that your Nuchal test is negative, one worry off your mind at least......

Mrs. N,

It's good that you don't have to go for a C-Section, as the wound will take longer to heal. I am very interested in a birthing ball as well, have been reading and looking through ebay on it, but have not bought any. I am planning to have a drug-free labour too, hoping to utilise only my TENS unit and laughing gas the most. I'm not sure how high my threshold of pain is though, guess I will only find out in the delivery room!

Hi ladies,

I was trying my luck and chanced upon this thread. My family and I are moving to London this September. I'd love to make some singapore friends over there and get some advice from those of you who have been staying in uk. I have a 13 month old boy and 9 year old girl.

Any advice for living in London for young family like mine? Any thing at all would be greatly appreciated : )

Hi Angela,

Welcome! I just came to London in April 2007. Which part of London are you moving to?

I think one of the impt things for you to look into when u come over are the school arrangement for your children. If i am not wrong, the school term in the UK starts in Sept so any children born before Sept in a year will go to the same class.

Healthcare issues are important as well...You and your family will get examined at the customs before you leave the UK. And after that you will get a letter to register with your local GP which will entitle you to free consultations for you and your family.

Other than that, if you need to know more details about certain things, I can help you to dig some info out for you.

Earl_Grey,

What you said is 100% true...because I cant feel my baby move, I am not feeling pregnant at all. Has your baby started moving?

Mrs_N,

When did you feel your baby move and what was the feeling like? i am very curious to know in case I miss the signs of my baby movements...hehehe

Hiya everyone

KaylaI could only feel the baby move when I was in 21/22 weeks.
happy.gif
Some people feel it earlier so I was also getting anxious when I couldn't feel anything. But visits to the MW every month every month was the only reassurance I had when I could listen to the baby's heartbeat and knew that baby was still there.
happy.gif
When is your next MW appointment, I'm sure it's definitely before 31st July! Even if you don't get to see your baby everytime, hearing it's heartbeat will make you 'feel' pregnant!
wink.gif

Earl Grey the birthing ball came yesterday. Been sitting and bouncing on it and it's surprisingly more comfortable than the chair.
lol.gif
I've also been doing Kegels (pelvic floor) exercises and sitting crossed-legged whenever I am on the computer. That's what the MWs told us to do to prepare ourselves! Well I guess our threshold is just something we will all have to find out sooner or later.
happy.gif

Hi Angela
kao_welcome.gif

Can't help you much with London as I don't live down there. But if you want to get to know more Singaporeans living and working in the London you can join these: Est 1819, Overseassingaporean, Singapore Women Living Abroad Also if you scroll up, I've put up a facebook link for Singaporeans with young families who are living in the UK. For advise about living in London you can contact San on the Est 1819 website. He has lived in London for a very very long time.
happy.gif

Kayla,

No, I can't feel my baby's movement yet, in fact, I even feel that my bump looks smaller today...... maybe it's because I haven't eaten much today
happy.gif

Kayla,
Thanks for the info.
We haven't decided on our accomodation. Most likely we will be in the Ealing area-bigger place with the same budget, lots of green, close to my daughter's potential school. We were in London last week and we didn't like Fulham and central London. Whereabout in London are you in? Right now, I am most concerned about medical for my 2 children. In Singapore, we just pop in any GP whenever they are down but it works so differently in UK. Every consultation needs apptmt so what happens when a child is down with fever and needs antibiotic? I am the super-anxious kind of mom and gets extremely uptight whenever my children come down with fever.
BTW, altho we have kind of confirmed my daughter's school, have you heard of any highly recommended ones?

Mrs N,
Thanks so much for the links. They were most useful and we have already signed up with Est 1819.

Ladies,
From my experience with my 2 children, don't worry too much and enjoy your pregnancies. Try to be active and walk more. I delivered both my babies within 3 hours upon reaching the hospital and without epidural. The pain is definitely bearable!

Hi Angela you are welcome. Actually you don't have to make an appointmet for every consultation. When I hurt my back last year, I just called the GP surgery and told them what happened and my GP came out to see me instead! So if your child is ill just call your surgery and they will take it from there or if its late at night or weekends you can call NHS direct for help and there is always someone on call to give advise.
happy.gif

If you want to know how well schools are doing in the area you live in you can always check their Ofsted report. http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/reports/

Hi Ladies!

Been busy cos just got back from HK. ITs a mother,daughter bonding trip before the grandchild arrives! hehehe....Btw, do u all know the gender of your baby? I saw heaps of beautiful clothes in HK but couldnt buy any cos they were not neutral colours.
sad.gif

Mrs N,
Thanks for the info. When i head back next week, hub and I will have to be looking at prams. Am actually looking at Skate from Mama and Papas and they seem very sturdy.

Earl Grey,
Yoga classes are pretty good here in SG. I've signed up for Como Shambhala and their Yoga classes are very different from the ones I attended at Active Birth Centre. And SG classes are way much cheaper than those in London too!
happy.gif

Kayla,
DOnt worry about not feeling pregnant. My tummy only started to show the last 2 weeks, perhaps from all the yummy food and soups that my mum has been feeding me. 3 weeks in SG and I've already put on 3kg!!! N to think that I only put on 4 kg for the whole 20 weeks! N its only these last week that the kicks are getting stronger and I can no longer "hide" my tummy. SO dont worry, am sure ur tummy will start to show at about 21/22 weeks.
happy.gif

Hi ladies,

How come all of you are so "lucky" huh? My tummy started to show around 14/15 weeks, and when I looked at myself in the mirror this morning, I noticed even the upper abdomen is starting to show, and I am only in 17th week! A bit fast eh?!

Mrs. N,

Thanks for your feedback on the birthing ball. Still thinking if I should buy one, 'cos I'm afraid it will end up collecting dust like the dozens of slimming product I'd bought in the past......
happy.gif
I can be pretty lazy when it comes to practising something......

Thel,

Will go check up yoga classes near my place when I return to Singapore, thanks!

Mrs N,

Thanks again for the website on the Ofsted report. It was very useful as I could use it for looking for childcare for my little boy as well.

Hi Ladies,

Long time haven posted any messages! Very happy to read that you guys are exercising and keeping well...Unlike me...hehehe...I have only been trying to increase my daily walking distance instead. Like i try to park my car far away from my house so that I can walk the extra distance.And I am thinking of going for swims later on...I am just waiting for my 21th week scan. I so badly want to see my baby and get the assurance that its developing well.

Ladies, do u cook your meals by yourself? I find myself too tired to cook after coming back from work so I end up eating bread and leftover food which are not at all healthy... My MIL calls me over to eat dinner every now and then...even ordered pizza a couple of times but stopped because i felt guilty for 'harming' my baby...Any simple pasta and macaroni recipes to recommend or even cooking books? Now that i am getting my appetite back, I would love to eat freshly cooked food...

Oh about my 'invisible' tummy...I have been applying Bio-Oil for the past few weeks and I realised that I have alot of small tiny hairs growing on my tummy...Wonder if its a hair tonic oil!!!

Hi ladies
happy.gif

Earl Grey my hubby makes me sit on the ball every evening. And when I'm not on it he sits on it too. So I don't think it will come to waste. Anyway ask me in a few weeks time and I'll let you know if it helps.
wink.gif

Thel it's quite hard to get clothes in neutral colours nowadays. Even the whites have got some pink or blue on them, we've ended with mainly greens, yellow or blue. Actually all we've got at the moment are pyjamas and babygros. Gender specific clothes will have to wait until we know what we've got.
lol.gif

Angela no probs. How long are you going to be in London for? Is your hubby going there for work?

Kayla you can store frozen pizzas in your freezer and use them when you don't feel like cooking. To make it a bit more healthy just chop some vegetables (like red, green or yellow peppers and mushroom) to add as topping. That's what I usually do. Even with instant noodles you can make it more healthy by adding broccoli, carrots, spinach to the soup. Yah it can be so tiring after work sometimes and the thought of cooking is not appealing.

Here's a simple dish that I learnt from a disabled lady when I was working for her. I call it the 'chop and dump' dish because you simply chop up vegetables e.g. onions, carrots, peppers (all the different colours if you want to), celery, tomato, potato etc and then dump them into a dish. You can add sausages (I usually use Quorn Sausage - vegetarian ones). Sprinkle some salt, pepper and herbs. Grate some cheese over it. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil (or vegetable oil) and roast it in the oven (about 170°C). Usually take about 25 to 30 mins depending on how big you chop your vegetables. Anyway you'll know when it's cook because it gives off a nice aroma. Hee! Hee! Even my hubby can cook this dish now as I often make him chop the vegetables.
biggrin.gif

Hi Mrs N,
Thanks for the detailed recipe. It looks very easy to be done and is nutritious at the same time. I can even eat it with grilled fish/chicken. I am starting to feel hungry already...hehehehe

You have another month or so before you see your baby...It must be a very exciting wait for you and your hubby esp since you dont know the gender of your baby...

Think I will find out the gender during my next scan unless my baby doesnt want to cooperate! I want to start shopping for baby clothes but I am holding everything back until we get a semi-definite result...

Got a call from my student mid-wife last night reminding me to go for the extra blood tests that were scheduled for me since there's a history of diabetes in my family. I asked her if if it was safe to eat Paracetamol if there's a need to. She said that I should try to go without it but if the flu or fever get worse, its completely safe to take them. But no more than 2 tablets every 6 hours. Even asked her about my tummy, she said that my baby at 16 weeks will only be a size of a pear.

Hi Kayla

You're welcome. Enjoy making it.

Yes tomorrow will be exactly 6 weeks to my EDD. We're pretty excited but also a little apprehensive at the same time.

Have you still got the flu? It takes quite a while to go doesn't it? When I had the flu the MW said that I could only take paracetamol and hot lemon. I was hoping she would give me the ok to take some cough mixture as I had a lot of phlegm but she wouldn't.
happy.gif
Actually hot lemon with honey helped and I felt much better after taking that. Guess all the Vit C in the lemon did the trick. I didn't take paracetamol in the end though was very tempted to when I had a headache.

Not too worry your baby will soon grow and you'll be wondering then how did your tummy get so big!
lol.gif

Hi Mrs N,

My hubby keeps asking when the baby will be due as he wants to cuddle and play with him/her...I dont think I will be as calm as you are now when I am nearing my due date.hehehehe...I guess I would become very impatient if the baby is not born near my EDD.

Oh guess what I am having a cold again...this time its because i ate curry made by my MIL which i guess was too spicy for me. Even vomitted last night as it was giving me such a heartburn...I didnt drink/eat anything to make my cold the previous time i had it. My hubby bought me this ginger and lemon herbal tea which is soothing for the stomach and good for colds. But i have stopped drinking tea and coffee since we decided to try for this baby so I am not too keen on tasting tea/coffee at this stage in case i go back to drinking loads of it again...I used to live on coffee and tea so i dont want to go back there!

Ya ya thats what everyone's telling me that I am going to complain once i start ballooning after 20 weeks! I cant imagine the body aches that i have to go thru then...Even now my hubby has to help me outta the bed when i go to the loo at nite cos of the pain in my lower back...

Hi everyone!

Chanced upon this thread! Im not exactly a MTB or Mum yet but is planning later part of the year. Im over in south of norway, married last june and been here for a year already
happy.gif

Special *wave* to Mrs N! Nice to see you here!

Are there any stuffs to take note of before getting preggy? Like what are the food to eat and not to eat? Thanks!!
happy.gif

Hey Chris! Fancy 'meeting' you here too.
biggrin.gif
Is it already a year since you came to Norway? Gosh only seem like yesterday when you were sharing your wedding plans. Well lots of
kao_babydust.gif
to you.

To answer your question, I didn't really go out of my way to eat anything specific. Just stuck to my usual vegetables, fish and meat.
happy.gif
But I did stop taking coffee and tea months before I got pregnant. Anyway it turned out ok b'cos you're not suppose to have too much coffee or tea while you're pregnant. So it was a blessing I got rid of my addiction well beforehand. Oh yes, and Paul got me something called 'Baby Blend' sort of multivitamins with folic acid. He got it off the internet so I was taking that for a few months and during my first trimester.

Kayla poor you. Hope you're recovering. I'm having another MW appointment tomorrow. Time is certainly moving on.

Hi Ladies,

I am back at work after taking sick leave yest...Didnt have a good night's sleep on sat and sun because of my blocked nose...But i feel better now and have gotten back my taste buds...hehehe...My MIL kept telling me that if i fall sick so often during my pregnancy, my baby is bound to be sick after birth...Now i am a bit worried cos since childhood I have been very prone to colds.

So how's everyone doing? I have been lying on my bed very often lately cos I was feeling very weak and I actually felt something moving in my tummy...Dont know if i am imagining it! It was like small fluttering movements...Wonder if its my baby moving ard???????

Hi Chris,

Welcome!!! How is it like in Norway? Mine is a planned pregnancy and 6 months before we tried, I stopped drinking coffee/tea and ate healthily like drinking more milk and eating vegetables & fish. Even made my hubby drink milk with almonds every night before going to bed. And 3 months after, i started taking B*ots vitamins for MTBs...I was told to take the vitamins by Pregn*care but after checking the labels, i found that it doesnt contain calcium. B*ots contained calcium and Omega 3. Guess the 3 months enabled me to monitor my cycle so I roughly knew the symptoms when I was ovulating and even when i was pregnant.Other than that, we didnt do that much...I stil remember when i first bought the pregnancy test kits...Couldnt wait until the next morning to check and did the test at my workplace loo...hehehe...it showed a faint positive line. Didnt believe it until i did the test with a digital test kit.

As for foods not be eaten, I was told not to eat papaya, pineapple and bittergourd after i became pregnant. And its impt not to eat alot of seafood like sardine, tuna, prawns, shrimps, crabs, mussels etc as they cause the baby to have rough, itchy skin and maybe rashes after they are born. Orange Juice=Baby will be born looking very fresh. Warm Milk with saffron and Almonds=Baby will be born with nice, smooth complexion as saffron has the ability to purify blood. Even the pregnant mum's skin will change for the better when she drinks saffron.

Babydust to you and your husband!!!

yeah Mrs N, seems just like yesterday right?! I was telling hb yesterday that it seems like not long ago we just had wedding dinner..munching away the food served..hahha..and also i was complaining to him that we need to ask some guests we had for the norway wedding again for the photos cos we didn't have really nice shots ourselves
sad.gif
all so blurry... thanks for the info dear
happy.gif
Much to take note of when expecting..hehe..but i guess it's good to prepare oneself way before
happy.gif
Im a tad nervous and clueless frankly to be stepping onto another big stage of my life...

Hope you're feeling better Kayla! And thanks for your info! No bittergourd? Why? Will bb have grumpy face? hehehe ;) Saffron? have you tried that? How to drink? Mix with water? How does it taste like? btw, you expecting a prince or princess?
happy.gif
Over here in norway is very cold!! especially when the wind comes! and a bit quiet where i live..cos it's kinda a small 'kampong' hhaha LOL but nice people and nature lah..but else very different from SG thus sometimes (or many a times actually!) i crave for SG food...im rather blessed cos i can still order some provisions from the asian mart about 1 hour from here..so not too bad..have most ingredients to cook for most dishes..

thanks all for the babydust hehehe!
biggrin.gif

Hi Chris,

I am feeling much better...But I would rather stay at home and enjoy the cool weather in London...Temperatures were so high yesterday that people were sunbathing in public swimming pools but today it has been much cooler.

I think bitter gourd may be too extreme in terms of taste during the early days of pregnancy.Furthermore, Bitter gourd, when eaten regularly, can control the sugar levels in one's blood so its esp good for Diabetic people. That could be one reason why pregnant women should avoid them...But I was told that I can eat now since I have passed the first trimester. I heat milk till it boils over and add a pinch of saffron to it and drink it every night. You can add sugar to it. Saffron doesnt have much of a taste or smell...One small box of it should cost ard 10 pounds in your Asian shop. I was told to finish one box per week. This is an age old Indian tradition and has alot of herbal significance to it. I am sure your parents and relatives in Singapore will tell you alot of the 'Pantang' stuff once you become pregnant.

We still dont know the sex of the baby although everyone is telling us that we could have found out during our 3rd month scan...I tell you my hubby and I were literally smiling from ear to ear on seeing the baby's movements that we forgot to even ask the gendar of the baby!!! So I have to ask during my next scan which is on 31st July or else we will not get to know until the birth of the baby. Its one of my hospital's policy it seems...

So what type of Singaporean food do u cook at home? Assuming your hubby is Norwegian, does he like to eat them? Some of my hubby's relatives live in Norway and they all live in village-like areas and they say that its much quieter than being in London...

Thanks for your explanation on the bittergourd & saffron Kayla!
happy.gif
i've only heard about milk, fish, bird nests soup are good and also fresh coconut juice on the last few weeks of the trimester.

I love cooking&baking! But sometimes if im lazy i just cook the simple ones
happy.gif
I've in fact posted some recipes in my Multiply website. Do you have Multiply account? Myself and Mrs N are there
happy.gif
I normally cook a mix..sometimes chinese, local SG food like sliced fish bee hoon (which is fast and nutritious) italian pasta or pizza, thai, jap and yup and some times norwegian food cos yes, hubby is norwegian
happy.gif
Some food he likes but some food he shuns! So on somedays i cook different dinner for him and myself (in fact later i'll be making plain porridge with steamed fish and salted mixed veggie with minced pork for myself and for him it'll be pita bread with minced meat! Do you like cooking?

hehe i guess you both were so excited that's why! So cute! haha

Yes compared to central london, it's fairly quiet here. Much nature to see
happy.gif
but im not sure about the sub urban areas in london as i've not been there so don't know how to comment..are you staying near to mrs n? How do you find UK so far? Are you working? For myself im not..I'm learning norwegian 4 times a week but now it's summer holidays so no classes. I'm off and on volunteering in the after school care here and also job as replacement teacher sometimes when they need extra help
happy.gif

Mrs N how was your MW appointment?

Hi Chris,

Wow...your hubby is indeed a very lucky man
happy.gif
You can cook a variety of dishes...I can cook Indian dishes but I always eat alot of chinese food when i was in Singapore...I love cooking but i am not able to cook so often as I am working full-time. I live in East of London, think its far away from Mrs N...I work in the City. Moved over to London abt a year ago and I love the climate and the fashion but I terribly miss my family and Singapore Food! Its terrible that our homeland is so far away...

Is it a must to learn Norwegian? It seems like a difficult language to master...

Chris MW appointment went well. In fact there were 2MWs yesterday one was assisting my MW. The one who was assisting we met her two weeks ago when we went for antenatal class. They were both joking and telling me I should stop work soon so that my baby grow bigger. Baby is growing normally according to scan and the growth chart although it's growth pattern is on the lower percentile.
happy.gif
Anyway will have to see her in two weeks time. MW was saying that baby's head is down but not engaged yet but told me to keep track of the baby's daily movements.

What's wrong with your Norway wedding photos? I thought you both looked rather good in them.
happy.gif
So it's summer holidays for you so you've got lots of time to cook. You not planning to go anywhere for a holiday?

Hee! Hee! Another thing I've read (from SWA forum) is that drinking soyamilk while preg is good for baby's skin.
happy.gif

Kayla sounds like those flutterings you described are your baby's movements! Wow you can feel your baby's movements quite early on. Me I didn't feel anything till after 20 weeks.
happy.gif
Then only I knew it was baby's movements due to method of elimination i.e. it couldn't be my tummy moving around.
biggrin.gif

Yes yesterday was very hot. I think it was about 26°C max over here but I guess it could be hotter in London. We went for a walk round our village yesterday and I didn't need by jacket! Today is slightly cooler and more cloudy. By the looks of it rain could be on it's way.
sad.gif

I suppose you're indian kayla cos you only cook indian food? Talking about indian food, i miss mutton soup and the indian fried bee hoon near my place in tampines!! Wah my hb loves curry too! I cook some curry with the help of pre mixes lah..can't do without them! A1 brand especially
happy.gif
Nowadays i love japanese curry hehehe hb loves them and will only eat rice with curry! Else he don't touch rice at all!

But you're in london so not too bad! Cos from what i know overseas singapore group in london meet up for makan sessions very often! (as what Mrs N said from previous post too) I think they have another one soon on the 7th which is next monday
happy.gif

yup in a way the authorities said in a letter to me that it's my entitlement and responsibility to learn norwegian. They said that i have to learn for at least 300hrs cos else i might have to go out of the country and not get my visa to stay here
happy.gif
It's ok, not too bad cos some words are almost like english but different spellings. But sometimes i feel difficult to roll the tongue 'Rrrrrr' hahaha think it's my chinese tongue
lol.gif
it helps to watch TV and listen to the radio.

Mrs N Good to hear that it's fine..bb head is down? oh..might be anytime i supposed! Take extra note then! Remember i told you i still have my part 2 of norwegian wedding photos? well they are still with friends and relatives cos the ones we had (not those posted up) were of not good enough quality..we're still waiting hehehe..slow system hor? Nope not planning anywhere cos i've just been to a short weekend trip to bergen to visit hb's grandpa and cousin. So that's it hehhe
happy.gif
and i have to work here for 3 weeks as i've been assigned jobs in the school
happy.gif
good lah! can earn some pocket $ hehehe

It's finally sun here too! And warm!!!! Makes me feel so happy unlike in winter or autumn a tad gloomy!
sad.gif

Hi Mrs N,
I hope that you are eating and resting well in time for your delivery next month...Did the MW advise you on what to do in order to boost your baby's growth? My MIL was saying that women of our generation are so used to eating very little that they continue to do so even during pregnancy resulting in baby with low birth weight. She always says that I am not eating enough...Its just that I cant eat so much nowadays as my tummy bloats up very quickly. Even now, i ate one croissant and I already feel like puking...

Ya i can feel the baby poking esp when I am on the train to and from work.I always smile when i get that sensation...The people on the train must think that I am crazy!

Hi Chris,

Yes I am indian but I am craving for Chinese and Malay food...Something a bit bland and not too spicy...I hate the smell and taste of curry since I became pregnant. I thought abt the Indian Bee hoon the other day as well...Sometimes, I think to myself why was I fated to move so far away from Singapore? But there are at least chinese supermarkets which sells my favourite fishballs, noodles and even sour plums...But I dont have the energy to cook nowadays. My mum should be coming over in July/August and she's very good in cooking all types of Singapore food so i am looking forward to her trip.I will also get the mutton soup recipe from her as she had made it once and it was delicious! At least you can try making it at home and satisfy your craving...

I too wont be going anywhere unless the tickets prices fall...It will costs us at least £1000 to go to Singapore and we will definitely spend alot of money there...We might have to forgo the trip for the sake of our baby.

All the best for your Norwegian classes...It will come in handy in your daily life and once you have a baby
happy.gif

Chris well I hope baby won't come just yet as my parents are arriving towards the end of July.

I see well maybe you have to send them a reminder and possibly an invitation to dinner to entice them to part with some photos.
happy.gif

Isn't it school summer holidays soon? What job are you doing in school? Same like the one you did in S'pore?

Kayla my MW commented to the assisting MW that if I stopped working we'll probably see a massive growth spurt from the baby!
lol.gif
But she's not particulary worried about the baby's weight as it's within the statistical limits of my growth chart. Anyway the sonographer said at the last scan the the est weight from measurements was well within the range for the baby's age. It's not a massively big baby but it's not underweight either.
happy.gif

Your MIL sounds like my mum. When I was back in Sg my mum was always commenting that I wasn't eating enough. But the fact was I couldn't eat too much! You'll get back some of your appetite in the middle of your 2nd trimester. I think that's when your baby needs all its nutrients from you. But as my tummy got bigger I find that I have to eat smaller portions but also more frequently throughout the day.

Are you now thinking of foregoing your trip to Sg?

Thanks in advance Kayla! Im drooling already hehehe ;P Good for you that your mum's coming! It's always like 'nothing-beats-mum's-cooking-in-a-foreign-country'! hehe Talking about that i miss my mum's 'hakka yong tao foo' it's nice to have soya bean curd freshly made and not vacuum packed or in tins
sad.gif
where i get here normally
sad.gif

Sigh! Sometimes wish there are cheaper flights out right? But that won't be easy with the raising oil prices
sad.gif
hope there would be additional inventions using alternate forms of energy for airplanes! Oh but it's nice that you're at least east of london and you would only need 1 flight home i supposed? For me it's an additional transit flight to a linking city (ams/lon/cop/fra) so it's like so far to go home! I dread the trip! I would have to have more than 1 day from here to go back SG!

Yup Mrs N, it's actually summer holidays now and some teachers are having their summer leave but the school care is still on, so they must have teachers or someone there to care for some children. Luckily it'll be only 11 children the 1st week then down to 2 children on the last 2 weeks
happy.gif
No not the same as in SG, i was main teacher there in SG so pretty tiring! I'll be basically assisting the teacher here, interacting/playing and helping the children
happy.gif

maybe i'll ask hb to contact them thru email and ask for it one of these days.

Will be keeping you&bb in prayers!
happy.gif

Hi Mrs N,

Hope your birth goes as planned...You are intending to have the baby on 8th of August right? So do u think u are expecting a gal/boy? I feel that i am carrying a boy but could be very wrong...heheheh

Dont know if my mum is going to force me to eat more once she's here! But she will definitely stop me from eating too much chocolate.

Ya i think i would be forgoing the trip to Singapore...it will be cheaper for my mum to come over than us going there. Hopefully, she comes before i go for my 5th month scan.

Hi Chris,

I know...I was telling my mum that my main intention is to see her and eat her food so it would be a blessing to have her come over. I am already imagining how it would be like to smell some nice home-cooked food when i arrive at home....Dont want to be too happy as I want to wait until she books her ticket.

Btw, i saw only one brand of Tofu in the supermarket but it doesnt have the same taste.

Ya it would a just one flight for me to Singapore but the cost of tickets is bothering me...Need to set aside some money for the baby and baby stuff. thats means that i have to miss having my baby shower in Singapore. Will have to do the ceremony here in London where none of my in-law family know nothing abt it
sad.gif

Have a great weekend Ladies!

Hi Kayla well that depends on whether the baby wants to come on 8 Aug! It may come earlier or later. The MW said they won't induce until it's 12 days overdued. Not too sure. Sometimes I think it's a girl and sometimes I think its a boy. But most people think that it's a girl! So we'll just have to wait and see.
happy.gif

That's great at least your mum will be around to take care of you. How long will she be staying? Hee! Hee! It's hard to resist chocolate isn't it? What makes it worse is my hubby is a chocoholic and there's always a stock in our house. I try not to look into the cupboard but sometimes can't help myself and I end up feeling guilty when I have a little too much and end up abstaining for the next few days.
biggrin.gif

Chrisl hope you get wedding photos all sorted out. Thanks for the prayers.
happy.gif

Wonder what has happened to Earl Grey and everybody else?

Hi Mrs N,

I guess its just the both of us and Chris...Think Earl Grey might have gone back to Singapore in time for her checkups etc...

I hope your wish comes true on having an 8th Aug baby...More importantly, I pray that you have a safe and normal delivery and have a healthy baby...BTW did you watch the TV Programme ''Outlaw Births'' last nite? OMG, it was such an eye-opening experience...It showed a few women in America and Britain who choose to have unassisted home births. So they deliver their babies with the help of their partners...There was this woman from Wales who sat in a birthing pool and didnt make any sound during her delivery. Amazing women i say...

My mum is coming at the end of this month, a day before my scan so seeing her first grandchild would be a nice welcoming gift...I hope to have her around for 1 year...that means she has to leave the UK before her 6 months entry visa expires and go to nearby France and come back in again...Do u think thats possible? As in will they give her another 6 months of entry visa?

Chocolate is my weakness...Got my husband to buy box full of canned Milo so that i can carry one in my bag all the time. I gotta to have a chocolate bar a day or else i cant function. I am so worried that I will get gestational diabetes esp since its in my family medical history but i cant help it!!! I am craving for everything that has chocolate in it...does that mean i am having a gal?

Hi Mrs N,

Hope that you are doing well in last few weeks of your pregnancy...Guess you must be very busy preparing for the arrival of your little one
happy.gif

Hi Kayla

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm doing well so far. I've been busy these past week trying to finish up work. Been in only 3 times and work from home the rest of the time. I will stop going in next week as my fingers are hurting quite a bit in both hands so I don't think it's a good idea to drive. I ask the MW about it and she said that it could be due to water retention.
happy.gif
Anyway the MW said the baby's head has gone a bit lower down now but still not time for labour yet. I'm keeping fingers crossed that the baby will wait for my parents to arrive which will be in less than a week's time. It won't be long before your mum comes too. Bet you're looking forward to it. You can go shopping with her for baby stuff.
happy.gif
Not too sure about the visa thingy though. I know in general visitors are not given more than 6 months. It's best you write into the home office and see what they say. They could view it on a case by case basis if your mum has a return ticket to prove that she will leave eventually. There's no harm in asking.
happy.gif

Yeah I saw that program 'Outlaw Births'. They are certainly very brave ladies. It just goes to show that it's not impossible to labour without pain relief. Guess they have nerves of steel!

Hee! Hee! Maybe you can get those chocolate for diabetics instead or go for those dark chocolate with higher cocoa content as they tend to be less sweet?

Anyway have a good weekend.
happy.gif

Hi Mrs N,

I wonder how you feel now that your baby has moved down. Do you have difficulty in walking and all that? Dont worry i am sure your labour will not start until your parent arrive here...And dont be so anxious and do anything that will trigger your labour pains...

Yup my mum will be coming next wednesday...took 3 days off work to spend time with her. Looking forward to her arrival very much. Thanks for your suggestion about writing in to the Home office. Think its make sense to do so rather than risk over-staying.

As for me, i am finally showing!!! And i definitely put on some weight around my chest and biceps areas cos i cant fit into my normal tops. Not very happy about putting flesh ard my arms as that is the hardest place to lose weight later on...Have decided to cut back on my chocolate intake already. I just dont want to risk my health and the baby's health as well. thinking of going cold turkey....hehehe...

Good luck with your preparations and delivery, Mrs N. Hopefully you have the time to keep posting
happy.gif

Back