Any SAHMTBs?

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Lil' twin stars</font>
Thanks for the chart - very useful!

<font color="aa00aa">Hi fitty_nut</font>
Yr boy looks very mature and he is very tall ... have more of mummy or daddy genes??

<font color="aa00aa">Hi miss_bluey</font>
Wow - yr boy looks cute
Re: burping
It might take a while for him to 'learn' how to burp.
Normally, as i pat alex, i will keep saying the word "burp" to him -
until he burps then i will clap hand and say "good boy ..." and he wil smile
happy.gif

Re: BM
Do u drink water? It helps

<font color="aa00aa">Hi tinklebell</font>
Dont worry so much - jus spend more time wif Linc and i am sure, in time to come, he will be more attached to u
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Fayina</font>
Wow - yr boy so handsome! Looks very alert too!
Rest well and take care cause this is jus the beginning of a looong journey
happy.gif

<font color="119911">New mummies - perservere on - it will get easier as the days pass by ....</font>

fayina, so glad to hear from u. Your boy looks so alert and he has big round eyes! The first mth is usually the most tiring but u'll pull through it before u know it. Keep the faith and jia you too ok?

Yes, I'm still getting up every 2-3hr for nite feeds. Will latch Linc on at least once in the nite or before i go to work.

fitty nut, are u total bfdg now? Why does Isaac have a lot of gas? Don't worry, both u and Isaac will get the hang of it as he grows older.

Btw, when is it time to feed baby solids? Linc has cut down on his milk intake and also likes to bite on teats and my nipples. Are these symptoms?

I will be going on a business trip soon. Anyone knows how to store bm when travelling? Going to KL and BKK next wk...

Dear Mummies,

Thanks for the compliments! ; )

My confinement just ended yesterday..
I brought Jarett to a pediatrician this morning near Jurong East - I didnt go back to MT. Alvernia Pediatrician.. (supposely is visit for 2nd dose of HEP B.) but the nurse advise me to go for (6-in-1 Jabs) on his 6 wks or 8 wks.. so will have to go back later... done a normal check up this morning...
Mummies, I got confused about those jabs... so many of them..
6-in-1 jabs are ok?

By the way, how do you manage your time?
Please advise & share...
I am all by myself with baby since Monday...
My 24hrs seems to be very occupied with this & that.. Wish to have 48 hrs per day.. so can rest/sleep.. it seems like I didnt manage to get sleep at all.. because I am a light sleeper.. and I usually take time to sleep.. so the moment he finish feeding, let him sleep up-right for awhile.. burp him.. then as he sleep.. I put him in bed..
then I will have to wash & sterilize the bottle & teat.. (whole process - will take about an hour & when I about to rest, take abit of time to doze off, next moment.. half an hour, he wakes up for next feed)
basically I didnt manage to rest... unless he naps longer.. (sometimes 2 & half to 3hrs)
In between this 2 hrs to 3 hrs while he naps:
I can do the following:
- Wash & hang clothes + bb clothings
- Wash up / Bathe
- Nap.. (which got difficulty & not enough)
- Eat my meals (sometimes I also dun have time to grab a bite.. the moment I finish this, he cries for next feed or diapers liao)

Sometimes he don't nap:
- I leave him there.. so as long he dont cry..
- Normally I bathe for him 1 hr after his feed.. (morning & evening)

Already substitute baby with Enfalac formula..
Milk flow seems to stop.. and time seems not enough for me.. need to massage breasts & pumping.. really feel like giving up.. so tiring..
If giving up... kind of feel guilty..
I really salute to Mummies who are still BF.. JIA YOU JIA YOU...
Btw, my wound seems to take longer time to heal.. compared to other mummies... haiz ; (
really feel uncomfortable while doing this or that..
Mummies..I really need more ENERGY..

Hi Fitty_nut,
Yes the pillow are those dried bean sprouts.. I bought from the following link.. the pillow was full of sprouts which I find too heavy for my newborn baby.. my Sis-in-law extract most of the sprouts & made an extra pillow case for it..
Some people use green beans...
Bean sprouts very difficult to buy out there..

Hi Tinklebell,
You are so packed with your schedule..
You must be feeling very tired... Still have to work throught out during the day.. how do u manage it?

Missbluey,
Little Jarett do burp & puke some milk..
Try using the clock-wise burping method (from his back)
Btw, some mummies use patting up, while some use patting down.. which one do u use?

Poo_power..
miss you...
still didnt manage to rest... ; (
sorry didnt reply yr mail yet.. have been occupied & shag..
will reply soon...

<font color="aa00aa">BLESSINGS TO ALL!</font>

lil'_twins_stars,
the pain is like blue black pain, it's only pain when i press them hard..but now not so pain already..

poo_power,
ya, i think i am not drinking enough water..never mind liao lah, i am preparing to stop bf liao..
i did tell elson "mummy is burping you", but doesn't seem to work..hmm..like what fayina asked, you all pat up or pat down ah? i read from books use pat up but i am using patting down..but sometimes i pat up, elson burp milk out instead.. *confused*

fayina,
ya! 24hrs never seem enough..hais.. =( now my neck is aching (again)..finally your confinement has ended..hehe.

elson has been sort of naughty for the past 3 nights, he was still hungry after his feed (some went to the towel placed under his chin) and refused to sleep..sigh..a usual 20mins feed become a 2hr session, really tiring..sometimes i am so tired that i feel irritated with him, hais....
i understand how you feel that you feel like giving up bf..my bm supply is very less liao..i feel like by giving elson fm is not as good as bm, sometimes i keep brooding over it that i feel emotional..i am still trying to get over it..
-hugs-
totally salute to those who are totally bf.. =)

regarding your wounds, you got use 'you yong quan'? try not to squat too often..

Hey fayina and missbluey, congrats on graduating from confinement and becoming a full-fledged mummy!

fayina, do u have anyone helping u? Can be very shagged to take care of a newborn alone. You can experiment with different tactics to free up more time for yourself, such as establishing routines, taking baths just before sleep, feed formula at nite, put bb in sarong net, sing to bb, etc. Things will get better, have faith k?

missbluey, burping up or down doesn't make any difference just as long as the bb is upright to allow the air to come out easily. You can also try rubbing elson's back to straighten his back.

Can understand how u feel about long feeds cos i was in the same boat before. How much and what is elson drinking now? What is the interval between each feed? If u are feeding him bm, it is normal that bb gets hungry faster. Do u latch him on or bottle feed? Gotta make sure your latch is correct too to ensure bb is drinking enough bm.

Don't be guilty for not being able to total bf. What's more impt is bb's health.

fayina does your wound still hurt? Try not to exert yourself too much so that the wound can be healed faster. missbluey is right, do not squat too often. I made this mistake and it took me 3wks to recover and 4wks to recover completely.

It is really tiring to bf and express milk but i'll try to persevere until 6mths if poss. Linc is not drinking as much bm as before so have to supp with formula and thus my supply is sorta reduced too.

He will scream his head off when i carry and rock him to sleep. But when the maid does that, he is completely tamed. Really feel very hurt but i'll keep trying to get him used to me...

Hi Missbluey,

I also have backache every now & then... u also like me, manage baby alone or your in-law is helping you?
What is 'you yong quan'? I never use...
Doctor asked me to wash with salt water..
my wound is better now than last few weeks..
Btw, Elson is drinking how much now?
Mine is taking between 60 to 90ml..

Hi Tinklebell,
My wound is much better..
U mean you engaged a maid to look after Linc? (alone at home?) then u & hubby work..
Feel secure with the maid?
Now, quite a no. of couples do this, engage a maid to look after babies while they work.. but me feel insecure...
Now Linc almost 4 months... right?
this is the period whereby baby recognize who & who.. right? He feel more comfortable with the maid now (whom is spending more time with him)
so this is true... right?
If my MIL retire next early year.. & if I go back to work.. then she will offer to look after my baby.. then my baby will feel more closer to my MIL than me.. ; ( I really dont wish this to happen as well... really headache..
Now... since... I am alone taking care of my baby... is like 24hrs through out... unless he nap.. really tiring..

<font color="ff0000">Dear Mummies,

JIA YOU JIA YOU!!!
</font>

<table border=1><tr><td> Name</TD><TD>Nickname</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>EDD/Baby's DOB</TD><TD>HP</TD><TD>Home</TD><TD>Email Add</TD><TD>MSN Add</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>BB's Name</TD><TD>BB's Wt.</TD><TD>BB's Ht. </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-1">Abyane</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Abyane Koh</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">32</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">8-May-02</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">KKH</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Hougang St 11</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Boy (1)</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Ace Jerry</font></TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_ </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD><font size="-1">2-Sep-04</font></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD><font size="-1">Girl (2)</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Alythea</font></TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_ </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-1">Clarine</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Clarine Goh</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">32</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">20-May-03</font></TD><TD>_</TD><TD><font size="-1">Serangoon Ave 3</font></TD><TD>_</TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Boy (1)</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Samuel</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">4.1 kg</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">52 cm</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD><font size="-1">15-Dec-06</font></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD><font size="-1">Girl (2)</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Selene</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">3.2 kg</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">46 cm</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-1">Sherline</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Shoo</font></TD><TD>_</TD><TD><font size="-1">1-Mar-05</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">TMC</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Potong Pasir</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Girl</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Cherisse</font></TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_ </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-1">Faith</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Twins_Mommy</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">33+</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">6-Oct-06</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">TMC</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Sembawang Drive</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Twin Girls</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Gracia & Chloe</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">2.1 & 2.0</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">46 cm</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-1">Angeline</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Poo_Power</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">32+</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">15-Jan-07</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">KKH</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Yew Tee</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Boy</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Alexander</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">3.8 kg</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">50 cm</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-1">Lyna</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Qjh</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">28</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">11-Feb-07</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">MT.A</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Kallang</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD>_</TD><TD><font size="-1">Boy</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Alexzander</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">3.44 kg</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">51 cm</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-1">Kai Ling</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Wawapiggyling</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">26</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">12-Apr-07</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">TMC</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">SengKang</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Boy</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">TianLe</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">3.5 kg</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">50 cm</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-1">Evander</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Tinklebell</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">29+</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">2-Jun-07</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">MT.A</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Bukit Merah</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected].</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Boy</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Lincoln Choo</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">2.96 kg</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">51 cm</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-1">Charine</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Puretulips</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">29+</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">22-Jun-07</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">TMC</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Yishun</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Girl</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Bethany</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">3.51 kg</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">49 cm</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-1">CG</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Celestine</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">27</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">30-Jun-06</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">MT.E</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Toa Payoh</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Girl</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Natasha Yang</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">3.4 kg</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">51 cm</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-1">Irene</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Renz</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">32</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">15-Jul-07</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">TMC</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Sengkang</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Girl</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Faith</font></TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_ </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-1">Apple</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Apple_Queen</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">29</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">10-Aug-07</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">TMC</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Sin Ming Walk</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Boy</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Grayan</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">3.015 kg</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">49 cm</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-1">Sharon</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Stepford</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">28</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">8-Sep-07</font></TD><TD>_</TD><TD><font size="-1">Malaysia (currently)</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD>_</TD><TD><font size="-1">Girl</font></TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_ </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-1">Paulene</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Missbluey</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">24</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">26-Sep-07</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">KKH</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Hougang</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Boy</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Elson</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">3.154kg</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">50cm</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-1">Angie</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Fayina</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">28+</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">1-Oct-07</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">MT.A</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Jurong</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Boy</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Jarrett</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">2.7kg</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">49cm</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-1">Cindy</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Fitty_nut</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">35</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">1-Oct-07</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">TMC</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Toa Payoh</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD>_</TD><TD><font size="-1">Boy</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Isaac</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">3.5kg</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">53cm</font>_ </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-1">Michelle</font> </TD><TD><font size="-1">Gingerbelle</font> </TD><TD><font size="-1">35</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">19-Nov-03</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">GHL</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Clementi</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD></TD><TD><font size="-1">Boy (1)</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Ryan</font></TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_ </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD><font size="-1">1-Oct-07</font></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD><font size="-1">Girl (2)</font></TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_ </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-1">Jas</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Jas</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">30</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">29-Oct-07</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">TMC</font></TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_</TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Boy</font></TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_ </TD></TR><TR><TD>_</TD><TD><font size="-1">Jadefeet</font></TD><TD>_</TD><TD><font size="-1">24-Nov-07</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">GHL</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Serangoon Gdns</font> </TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_</TD><TD><font size="-1">Boy</font></TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_ </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-1">Adeline</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Adeline</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">29</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">9-May-06</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">MT.A</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Jurong West</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Boy (1)</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Anson</font></TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_ </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD><font size="-1">16-Nov-07</font></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD><font size="-1">Girl (2)</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Amber</font></TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_ </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-1">Rachel</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Rachel</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">32</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">6-Dec-07</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">TMC</font></TD><TD><font size="-1">Old Upper Thomson Rd</font></TD><TD>_</TD><TD><font size="-1">[email protected]</font></TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_ </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Dear Mummies / Mummies to be,

Hope I did not miss out any of your details..
Do let me know...
Some mummies are not active in this forum?
Guess all are occupied with our little ones.. ; p

Blessings to ALL!

tinklebell & fayina,
currently elson is drinking 4oz which is 125ml but sometimes most of the milk went to the towel, zzz...no matter how i say him, he simply continue to drip milk all over the towel..sigh..sometimes he won't drip so much, has to depends on his mood..the longest interval is 4hrs and he is only drinking fm..my bm is only a few droplets, definitely not enough for him..

tinklebell,
i guess we lose some and win some..since you have started working, the time spent with your linc will lessen..i am also considering going back to workforce next year, will ask my next door auntie to help look after elson..for me, money is pretty important cuz poor hubby is bearing all the expenses and i wanna help him pay some of the stuff..perhaps next time i also wanna hire a maid next time when we move house..

fayina,
yup, i am alone looking after elson in the daytime during weekdays since everybody is out working..so far, i can manage to have a little time for myself..if i want to tabao lunch, i just have to ask next door auntie to help look after for a while while i run down to tabao lor..
'you yong quan' is for swimming, i just can't remember what is that exact word..

i think my wound has recovered, just that i still having lochia..sometimes it is dark brown, and when i thought it is almost finished, bright red blood flowing out again..sigh..wonder when will it end.. =(

Hi Dear mummies,
I am back..it has been about 12 days since i deliver Dayan on the 12th Oct. Guess i have suffered post natal blues...could not adapt the changes. Everyday i will cry non stop for no reason. I sent my CL back after 7 days. I could not stand an outsider staying with me. I become very hysterical, moody, refuse to pick up calls from friends, cooped in the room with baby and cry. i dun let CL touch my baby. Simply dun trust anyone...i must be crazy le!

Now my sister is kind enough to travel daily from bedok to boon lay to bring lunch and dinner for me and help me bath baby and so some housework. The rest i do all by myself. My husband work from 5am to 1am daily. So i never get to see him for days already. I feel so lousy. The more i pray, the more i will cry my lungs out...

Sorry mummies, just need a venue to vent it out. Btw, need yr advise:
1) How to dig out the heavy mucus from the baby nose..it seems to obstruct his breathing.

2) How to make the baby's neck rashes go away?

<font color="0000ff">Jas</font>,
Remember the challenges ahead of us is never too great compared to the power of the ONE behind us. No problem is greater than GOD, including PND. But I understand PND is something that cannot be helped due to hormonal changes. But at least we can all pray for you, so hang in there!
happy.gif

There are 3 methods I know of to clear an infant's blocked nose:
(1) Suck out the mucus using your mouth. Yes, it sounds yucky but its the most effective and fastest way to clear the baby's blocked nose.
(2) Use the nose suction pump (Pigeon has it) to suck out the mucus. But its not as easy as the instruction states. I tried till I give up the last time.
(3) Use the nose drop. Buy Iliadin nasal decongestant from Guardian Pharmacy. Its a nose drop which can be use for newborn.

As for neck rashes (probably milk rash), try applying the Johnson & johnson's nappy rash cream on it. If you delivered in TMC, you probably has a tube in your baby's goodie bag when you discharged from TMC. The cream does not heal the rashes but it gives the rashes time to heal as it forms a barrier against further rashes development. If you see a doctor, they won't give you any cream for it bcos most dermalogical creams contain steroid which causes thinning of the skin. Newborns can't afford to risk that.

Hope the above helps.

Fayina,
'you yong quan' means swimming float,like a donut shape. Ppl use esp when they have piles.

Re:burping
mrs wong from TMC said Just pat straight. Not upward as this tends to vomit milk.

My 1st week also very tiring. fully latched on. BB hungry every 1hr. My hubi has been great help.

2nd week: advised to bottlefeed so can gaudge how much bb takes. surprisingly max 120ml. no wonder cry every hr. now can sleep longer abt 3hrs.

3rd week liao...hubi full fledge to work. Me mentally exhausted by 830pm as bb awake time increases, needs attention. haiz...gets impatient and frustrated when not enof rest. Depending on God's grace everyday.

Fayina, like what tinklebell said, you may consider reschedule your routine to free more time for yourself?

I bathe bb once every morning. Dry clean and change clothe if too much milk stain. After 1st feed in the morning, usually bb still sleepy. That's when I do most of the housechores. I will nap in the afternoon when he naps.

I still have a bit of post natal blues. Day in day out doing the same thing needs alot of adjustment. Well, things will get beta.

Neck rashes
I wipe bb's mouth and neck with wipes after every feed. Rashes no more.

Jas;
Oh dear, can understand your feeling esp when you seldom sees your hubi. Let go and let Lord. Even thou at times we cast our cares to Him, we still take it back and worry. I experience serious block ducts and engorgement and tried very means to reduce the discomfort. Then I realise the more i'm at work, the more God can't intervene. Now I relax, rest in Him...sing praises to Him when -ve tots attack. Things get beta. Jesus already hears your prayers and He has gone to your future. Rest assured that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to [His] purpose.

Hey Jas
You are NOT crazy! Its jus hormonal changes which unfortunately, u CANNOT control.
I too had mini PND - cry for no reason - i jus feel v v v lousy and as much as i try not to cry, i jus keep crying! Like wat u say, the more i turn to god, the worse i feel ... but must always remember, HE will never give u more than u can handle and trust in him. Place all your worries and sorrows into his care.

Took me about a month to 'recover' and now thinking back - i was like ... hmmmmm was that really ME????

Do accept your friends and loved one care and concern. Its ok to accept help!
"Dont try to pile up your buffet plate" - its already full as it is ...

Ps dont feel this way - we r here to lend u our support and shoulders ... **Hugz Hugz*

Its really NOT easy being a mummy - 9mths and i am still learning ....
do give yourself and Dayan a chance to take on the challenges ahead of u ...

Take one step at a time. Things do not have to be perfect. Dont overly stress yourself!
Jus do your best and God will do the rest.
I am sure u can chase the 'blues' away ... Perservere on!
Call or sms me if u need someone to talk to. I am available 24/7
happy.gif

Dear all sweet mummies,
Thank you for your advice. It is important to me as i feel i am not alone. Thank you so much! I will stay strong and keep on praying.

Hihi all mummies!!!

It's been a while since I checked this thread and woohoo! everyone has popped. :) Motherhood sure is a tiring job.

Fayina : My fingers have been sore and stiff since pregnancy days. Better now. Perhaps wait a little longer to see if your fingers might get better. Now it's my wrists that are giving way under the weight of my little one.

Missbluey : Don't worry about needing to bf Elson. Afterall, most of us grew up on FM and I like to think we all turn out well too!

Jas : Hang in there. It gets better with each day. I remember the first month was extremely exhausting but now that my girl is 8wks old, she's alot easier to handle. If you need a break, do take time off to relax and pass the baby to your parents/in-laws or whoever can help care for baby. If you need someone to talk to, come to the forum.

Other mummies : Do you clean out the navel area? I see some dirt stuck there but my hubs don't let me clean, saying that wind will enter bb's stomach if I clean it.

Jas, hang in there... Most new mummies go through the same exp as u, including myself. Things will get better... Most importantly, u must have faith in the Lord!

stepford, since your bb is 8wk old, i presumed the cord stump dropped off a few wks bk? My PD advised to clean the navel area even after the stump drops off as hygiene is key, esp for babies. You wouldn't want an infection to develop.

Fayina, i had the same syndrome before but it went away after a wk or so.

twins mommy, Gracia and Chloe look so sweet now that they've turned one. *Lincoln is bio-ing... heehee* Where did u order the barbie doll agar-agar from? It's the first time i see it!

Just came bk from KL. Had to express bm while i am away, quite exhausting esp when i have meetings packed back to back. My breasts are usually so hard and engorged by the time i returned to my hotel. Managed to get the hotel to help me freeze my ebm till i check out. But of course i had to bring along a cooler and ice blocks as well as sterilizing items. Not easy to travel and still express milk.

To all new mummies, blessings to all and cherish every single moment u have with your babies as they grow so fast before u know it!

jas,
do hang in there..i was pretty sensitive during my confinement, especially my mil's comments (she is one straightforward woman), cried abit every now and then and poor hubby had to bear with my mood swings..now it is slightly better though i still do have the urge to cry..do rest whenever you have the time, it really helps alot. =)

stepford,
thanks..i have stopped bf elson already..physically tired liao..speaking of wrist, my left wrist is already pain from carrying elson, as if it is a sprain..now it is my right wrist's turn.. -.-

re: navel area
i usually clean elson's navel with dry cotton buds...just dab lightly on it.
if you are afraid of the wind entering bb's stomach, use ruyi oil to rub his stomach avoiding the navel.

now i realised what the problem was when elson kept dribbling milk all over his mouth, it was the teat..it was only yesterday my mother washed the milk bottle and realised the teat had a big cut beside the hole..zzz...wonder how the teat got that cut? no wonder the milk kept gushing out like nobody's biz and poor elson is still hungry despite feeding him 4oz..haha.

Hi <font color="0000ff">tinklebell</font>,
The agar-agar was ordered from a Mrs Chan, HP: 96350758. You've got to give her a call, tell her you're keen on her cakes/agar-agar and she'll email you the pix of all her cakes/agar-agar designs for you to view. The agar-agar is not just a pretty, it tastes yummy too.
happy.gif

Lincoln bio-ing my girls already? But he must make up his mind which one he likes best cos both of them are so different. Cannot have best of both worlds. *wink*

Dear sweet mummies,

Need your advise. Do u suggest for 5 in 1 or 6 in 1 vaccination? My GP has a package offer for 6in1 vaccination which cost $374 in total. Is it expensive?

<font color="0000ff">Jas</font>,
I opt for 6-in-1 for my gals for the same reason as missbluey. Paid $315 + $30 for MMR (FOC at polyclinic). I think $374 is reasonable. If you were to do it at PD's clinic, its more expensive and some will charge you consultation fees on top of the vaccination. If you're going to a GP near your place, you can even save on transport charges.
happy.gif

So if i visit polyclinic and opt for the 6in1 vaccination, i just bring baby on his 4th or 6th week? confused....

Hi mommies,

Its been quite a while since my last post in this thread.
My son just turned 3 months old yesterday.

Jab:
I took my son for 6 in 1 1st jab when he was 2.5months. Took up the package which includes 6 in 1 + 1 free MMR at $306 with my GP.
Seems like this package is cheaper than polyclinic?

Jas: U may use a cotton wool (Stick) type to pick the mucus. But do it after a bath as usually it is easier to come off.

Mommies, which brand of teat are u all using when bottle feeding? I am using NUK Latex. But find that sometimes my baby dun like to suckle it. Should I change to other brand or should I change to NUK silicon since he has been using NUK for 3 mths since birth.

Hi Apple, welcome bk! How are u coping with your 3mth-old? Do u have a pic to show?

You can try other teats if u find your bb not taking the NUK teats well. Pigeon peristaltic teat is another type u can try that is close to the nipple shape. My bb couldn't take NUK teat well as well. Milk always leak from his mouth.

6-in-1 is better to min the no. of jabs. There r optional jabs like rotavirus and pneumococal which u may consider too.

Jas,
i'll be taking Isaac for his hep B 2nd dose jab next week. According to polyclinic, whether you opt for 5in1 or 6in1, all bb have to go for Hep B 2nd dose when a mth's old 1st, then sign up for either package.

Apple_queen
mrs wong from TMC recommend silicon and not latex teats cos they become soft and have rubbery smell after much steralization. Maybe it's texture that your bb rejects. I'm using Avent silicon. Don't really know if it's suitable cos my DS tends to grasp air when drinking. But same when latch on.

Mommies,
Anyone feed EBM? Does your BM has a THICK layer of fats lookalike on top? Mine is very thin, suspect the hindmilk is not effectively expressed out due to block ducts. So unsure if bb is getting enof nutrients.

Also, often our diet affects the quality of our BM. Isaac has been cranky when he's awake. Will stop crying when carry and 'dance' with him. But after a while cries again, so must keep changing positions. If he's awake for 6hrs, I usually peng san by then...

so 2day try out on full day FM to monitor if it's really my BM that cause his fussiness. But abit worry abt his poo as FM tends to constipate...try to feed water in between feeds but haiz..he dislikes leh.

Fayina,
your fingers ok? During my 3rd tri, my rt hand + whole of left arm and hands had bad pain esp around the joints, like kena arthritis. My gynae said it's common, some will get it after birth. But it will go away. My fingers are better now.

<font color="0000ff">Jas</font>
If you opt for 6-in-1, go for vaccination in his 6th week. Skip the 4th week Heb-B (2nd dose) since it would be included in the 6-in-1 at 6th week. If you had already taken the 4th week Heb-B, then you'll have to take modified vaccination schedule which means Hep-B, then 5-in-1 followed by 6-in-1 thereafter. Just go for 6-in-1 straight away at week 6 would be best.

<font color="0000ff">fitty_nut</font>
Polyclinic follow the modified schedule, that's why must have Hep-B (2nd dose) at 4th week.
happy.gif

fitty_nut : Think the hindmilk amt varies or perhaps I'm using manual expression so sometimes the layer is thick, sometimes thinner. It's true our diet will affect BM. If you wanna to reduce gas in bb's stomach, best to avoid certain foods like broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and spicy stuff. You can refer to this site : http://www.babycenter.com/0_breast-milk-interactions-chart_8788.bc
but it's quite extreme! Not sure if you are keen but try reading The Secrets of the Baby Whisperer. I understood my girl more after reading the book. There is a reason for every cry and it teaches u how to differentiate the types of cry.

Eh...why the thread become so quiet? Dear mummies, are you all still around?
Thank you for your info...still have not decide where to bring my baby to for his jabs...
I heard from my friend that she bring her bb to a clinic at pasir ris. Claim that the jab is painless?! but i live in Jurong west...can only take public transport...so definitely out for me..

Christmas is coming...i finally finish my confinement...and start shopping again..can start to feel the atmosphere around..wonder how Orchard Road decoration looks like now...hee! i love Christmas!

oh ya, any mummies staying at jurong west? got PD doc recommend?

What happened to our thread huh? Really hope to see all the mummies return leh...

How are you all hanging there? Linc is more than 6mos and learning to crawl now. Taking 3x solids a day but kinda hard to feed him milk nowadays. I wonder why. Most of the time gotta distract him in order to feed him. Not sure whether he detests milk or what. He still wakes up at nite, not hungry but rather habitual. Used to be able to latch him on. But now he just shuts his mouth to both bottle and my breasts.

Christmas is coming, how are u all celebrating with your angels and darlings?

Hi Tinklebell,

My son is 4months +. Taking EBM. Same as my son, its an ordeal to feed him when he is awake. Need to distract him with toys. Morever, it took an hour or more to finish up his milk. The only peaceful and fast way to make him drink is to dream feed him.

I'm a SAHM =)

Quit my job in Feb and stayed home for 2 months, worked for 6 months and quitted again as I decide to spend more time with my kids.

They are now 5 and 2, and a nb coming along in March 08 =)

Hi Ladies! Glad I found this thread. I quit my job last Sep to care for my pregnancy. Didn't realise that I was going to be so stressed out staying at home as I'm so used to working. It's not so bad now as I'm getting used to it, now just looking forward to the little one's arrival in March to keep me busy
happy.gif

i am a SAHMtb...
i undergo a cerclage ops in oct so have being resting till now... my due date n May 08
Not easy staying at home... sighz... feel boring somex...

hi mummies,

had been mia till now, hehe..so how is everybody and their little ones?
i've been busy with elson..just started working..tired sia..

by the way, a big hi the newcomers! i used to stay at home when i was pregnant, it can get very boring lor!

It was initially and then I kinda liked it when I could go out anytime I wanted. Then the hip pains started kicking in and now forced to stay more at home
sad.gif
Anyways, anybody doing part time after their delivery?

hi yasmin,
i didn't really go out alot during my pregnancy, partly lazy..haha..
are you expecting a prince or princess??
i bet you can't wait to see your little one, another 2 months+! =)

i thought of doing part time so i still can see my boy more during the day but didn't managed to find one until this job, but its a full time lor..

hi all,

i am also a SAHMTB, expecting my first late next month. it is hard to go out these days but one more month to go so i will just have to bear it.
happy.gif

Missbluey you are working now? Welcome back to the workforce! How's work and what are you doing now then? How's little Elson? Is your MIL looking after him? He should be able to take solids soon right?

Linc has 2 teeth now, 1 on top and 1 at the bottom - he's now a 1-tooth little monster, haha...! Still drinking BM and taking solids - pureed veg/fruits + rice cereal or porridge. But from today onwards we can start feeding him fish + meat - Yay!

milus aka tinklebell,
im so used to your tinklebell nick liao..i just started working about 3 weeks and i realised i have more freedom and much happier.. =p
elson is doing fine..he had learnt how to flip and is grabbing his toes with his hands and trying to put them into his mouth..hehe..my neighbour is looking after him, can save on transport, haha.
he hasn't really know how to eat solids yet but i think he should be ready..i tried feeding him cereal when he was 4mths+, his expression was very bitter..hahaha..

oh, i gtg liao..im actually working right now..
bye &amp; hugs!~

ps: i can picture linc with his new teeth..keke.must be very cute!

Hi all,

I am a SAHMTB, am expecting my first bb expected to be due late march/mid april. Good to find more khakis now.

hi sorry to interrupt. my first baby is due in july and i'm still working, at fortunately/unfortunately, a job i really like but it stresses me out.

i'm seriously thinking about being a SAHM but i'm so afraid that we will not be able to survive on my husband's salary alone. may i ask two potentially sensitive questions: what made you do it? and did you like your job before?

appreciate your input, please. many thanks

missbluey
mine's a prince
happy.gif
can't wait to see him!

pinkbunny
I chose to stay at home cos I wanted to bring up my own kids wif our mindest of values. Didn't want someone else to bring him up. I liked my job and I still like to go to work
happy.gif
However, I guess my priority has changed

hi pinkbunny,
welcome to this thread! =)

nope, i don't like my previous job &amp; it really was yucky..at the same time i was 'busted' from that company too &amp; i was pregnant then, guess i was lucky to stay at home to rest while preggie..
now i choose to go back to work as i doubt we can survive on hubby's pay alone &amp; my mil was sort of nagging me..but of cuz, my boy definitely won't be so close to me as he is being look after by my neighbour, no choice..i just want to lighten my hubby's burden lor..

yasmin,
oic..feeling very excited ya? what is your boy's name?

missbluey - Heehee, my fav nick is still tinklebell lah ;) Glad to hear you're a happier mum now that you're back to the workforce. Sounds like you enjoy your new job...

Your neighbour is so good, can help look after Elson. Do you pay your neighbour then? How come your MIL is not the one looking after him?

Elson sounds so cute, can picture him nibbling on his toes... Linc used to do that but now that his legs are much longer than before, he has stopped this habit.

Don't worry about feeding solids, Linc also had a funny expression when he first tried solids. You just have to keep trying to get Elson used to the taste i suppose.

Yup yup, my 1-tooth monster does look very cute with his teeth out, but he also likes to grind his teeth, as if he is feeling something new in his mouth... ;)

missbluey, looks like we are the only ones from the pioneer batch of this thread yakking away here. The rest must be really busy with their little ones... Maybe that's the difference between SAHM and FTWM too...

Welcome to the newbies! Hope you are coping well with your pregnancies. For those who are due soon, have you prepared anything yet? There should be a Motherhood Taka baby fair coming up again soon, it will be a good chance for the MTBs to stock up!

morning mummies!
thanks for the welcome. i'd really love to stay home with my baby to be closer to her, and to be part of her growing years. i think between the stress at work and loving my job, it's quite an obvious choice to leave the job. just worried about the financial part. sigh.

btw taka sale is 6-23march. cannot wait!!!

milus
your one tooth monster sounds really cute!!

Hi Missbluey,

U back to workforce liao..
How's everything going on for u &amp; little elson?
So good... your neighbour can help u to look after yr little one..
As for me, on one can help me to look after mine..
Though wish to go back to workforce.. but really wanted to take care of my little one as long as possible.. When I weigh both priorites... really difficult to decide..

Have start on feeding Jarett fruit purees.. he seems to enjoy it.. cant get it enough..
he likes to suck a piece of apple fruit (juice) as well..
Maybe u can let Elson try on fruits/Vege purees first... ; )

Hi Tinklebell..
So glad to hear from you..
1 tooth monster... Any Linc's photo with his tooth? ; )
U give him any brown rice?

Ya, SAHM is much more occupied.. (though at home)
Twins_mommy, Poo_Power, Puretulips are also SAHM..
They are also occupied with their little ones too.. ; )
How about the rest?
Still SAHM or back to workforce liao?
Hope to see you all back on this forum again..
<font color="ff6000">Miss you all....</font>
Or msn when available....

<font color="aa00aa">A Warm Welcome to all New MUmmies... ; )</font>

I am a SAHM too... my baby Jarett is 5mths old.. ; )
he also learning flipping liao... ; p

Hi Mummies,

Can i check what kind of investment do u all put in for your retirement. Tools such as fixed deposit, insurance etc?

I am thinking since i have no income now, i wonder how i can grow my cpf / money for retirement.

I realise i dun have savings actually, i spend what i earn then. Now i think my future seems very bleak.

Back