Any SAHMTBs?

poo_power,
I like your name. So cute! Like you, I can only login to forum, check mail or MSN at weird hours (like now) bcos my gals are sleeping much lesser during the day. And they dun always sleep at the same time, so my maid and I could be occupied with them the entire day. *Whew*

My gals are still on semi-solids. They have 2 little front teeth on the lower gum now, but I have yet to start them on real solids. They drink about every 4-5hours interval, and they do wake up for one feed in the night (sometimes at 5am or 6am). I did not have sufficient BM for them. In fact, not even enough for one. Plus I was quite stressed caring for 2 of them before my maid came, so I decided to give FM totally. At least I could sleep while my hb or other helpers feed them. No, they don't screech. They "ee", "eh", "ah" and "oh" a lot. At times, they laugh out loud and it can be quite funny. Hee!

puretulips,
I do have an MSN account but I don't get to log on often during the day. Lunch is OK for me. If you're planning for this week, I'm available from Thursday to Sunday. I can meet you without my gals on weekends, then we can chat longer.
happy.gif
Otherwise, you may want to consider coming to my place? I often invite other SAHMs in Sembawang area to my place for gathering. We got to know one another through this forum too.

twins_mommy:
whoa! twins! hehehe...i wish i have twins so only need to do 1 time confinement! heh...of course, got pros & cons...

poo_power:
i can't make it today...me going out later.
didn't know got robinsons sale! =p
let me know in advance..

puretulips:
ok..thanks!

Hi Poo_power,

Thanks alot for the advise. It's grocering day for me (need to stock up the fridge & my supplies) I will go & get it now.. Can I drink Meiji? I only take Meiji fresh milk... hee..hee..
WOah... Robinson's sale!
I just got to see your message now..
Have you go shopping liao?
I thought you say about the Mega Sale at the Expo during first week of June?
Will u wait for June?
U have many things to buy?

I am still consolidating my list (the things I need to get) as my Sis-in-law already pass me some stuff & will pass me some more again.. my friend may pass me a sterilizer as well..
BB stuff & mine like many things, can u please share with me what should I get first?
There are quite a number of stuff I don't know what is it for.. I mean some terms & so on..
So many things to catch up...

Dear Mummies,

Have a great Tuesday ya!
Me going grocering liao... and head for my late lunch..

Hi missbluey,

I recreated the list below. Hope it helps.

<table border=1><tr><td>Item Description</TD><TD>Remarks </TD></TR><TR><TD>Baby cots with firm mattress</TD><TD>Get one which can be converted to play pen when the babies are bigger. Bumpers, pillows and bolsters can come later. Not crucial. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Milk Bottles 4oz / 9oz</TD><TD>You may wish to invest in the 4oz and 9oz ones only. Each baby should have at least 3 bottles for a start. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Teats for newborn babies</TD><TD>Anti-colic ones recommended. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Steam steriliser</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Washing powder / detergent for baby wear and nappies</TD><TD>Pureen A-B-D (anti bacterial detergent) powder is good. Cost abt $6.50 for 1.2kg box. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Diaper changing mat</TD><TD>Can get the inflatable one from IKEA @ $9.90. I can use it anywhere in the house, including placing it on the dining table. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Diapers for newborn</TD><TD>Stock at least 2 packs first. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Baby wipes</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Newborn tops / stretch suits</TD><TD>For any babywear, buy 100% cotton. Recommend tops/suits should be the front open type with buttons. Avoid those which require slipping the tops through the babys head. Babys head/neck is still not quite strong at this point in time. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Receiving blankets</TD><TD>100% cotton type recommended. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hats / mittens / booties</TD><TD>Buy plenty of mittens! Youll need to change often. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Baby face towel (square)</TD><TD>Use during feeding. Will need plenty as well. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bath towels</TD><TD>Buy 100% cotton and water absorbent ones. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bath tub</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Baby bath</TD><TD>Also act as shampoo for newborn babies. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Baby body lotion</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nappy rash cream</TD><TD>Very important!!! </TD></TR><TR><TD>Baby sling / carrier</TD><TD>Optional. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Car seat</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Prams / strollers</TD><TD>Get pass-it-on prams if possible. Once babies can sit well, strollers are lighter and more convenient to carry around. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Insulated carrier for milk bottles / Thermal flask / FM powder dispenser</TD><TD>For a day out, and you are uncertain if the place you are going to is convenient to breastfeed. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Electrical breast pump / BM storage container or storage bags</TD><TD>Buy only when you are certain you have breast milk supply. But do confirm the brand/model which you would like to have first. Get your hubby or family members to help you buy since you will be doing your confinement then. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pacifiers</TD><TD>Optional. </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

<ul>[*]The above may not be comprehensive but enough to get pass the initial months. <LI>If any relatives/friends wants to pass on their used baby stuff (in good condition), just take it. Babies stuff are expensive and usage term is short, so unless you intend to keep them for your next pregnancy, it is always more cost effective to get hand-me-down items. <LI>For those who are getting a stay-in confinement nanny, please remember to standby a bed/mattress, bed sheets, pillows, blanket and a space in the wardrobe for her to put her belongings.[/list]

Hi Puretulips
Today is Wed - so u shd be feeling better - maybe u can try buying 4D ...give me a set of number n i will buy - if strike, will give u 10% ... hahaha

Glad to hear yr bb growing well n great to hear yr baby has turned - well done mummy - keep it up.

Yesterday went Robinson sale - lousy - tot i will get a good bargain - it seems will need to wait for GSS. Luckily we did not meet up, if not, it will be a wasted trip for u. Also went Central Shopping mall - the one at Clark Quay - next to Merchant Hotel. Place is not tat friendly - ceiling low, narrow passageway, a lot of pillars - all in all, the place is very confusing - will not go there again - VIVO is so much better.

Yeah, we shd meet up for lunch or tea. BTW, u staying at Yishun area? i am at Yew Tee. Maybe we can meet around Bishan area...

Hi Twins_mommy
Its good tat u have a maid to help look after. Most prob if i hv another child, looking for a maid will be top list - not to be main caregiver but most prob to do all the household chores. Its really non-stop working n i hv only one baby.
Now, will need to wake up twice for nite time feed - hopefully by the time he is 6 mths, it will cut down to once or none a nite. Do u train yr baby or jus feed on demand. I hv a friend who 'condition' her child to sleep throughout the nite. Initially it was tough n bb cry a lot but she very 'tough', she jus let him cry n gradually, nite time no need to feed.

So, wat is their daily schedule like? Care to share? i am trying to entertain my bb each time he awake n sometimes, wondering how come he has more energy than mummy .... BTW, which brand of FM r u feeding yr bb wif? I am giving him NAN. But heard Similac is better .. any comments?

Hi Fayina
U in yr 2nd Trim. This should be the best period during pregnancy ... As for getting baby stuff, i jus made reference to a number of websites n forum. But most impt is not to over buy.
http://babyproducts.about.com/od/preparingforbaby/a/basiclayette.htm

http://www.gothemilkyway.com/pregnancy_whattobuy.asp

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msword.gif
What to pack for Hospital Bag
Hospital_Bag-722271.doc (34.3 k)</td></tr></table></center>

mime_msword.gif
Things to get ready for Baby
Things_to_get_ready_for_Baby-722270.doc (35.8 k)</td></tr></table></center>

I do not hv MSN a/c

Ok, got to feed bb. Do take care

Hi poo_power,

Thanks for the links & the attachments.
I will go through slowly..
Btw, I haven't know the gender yet... hee..hee..

Ok, u take care too! ; )

poo_power
We went Central last Thursday too. The place is still not ready. Carpark is terribly dusty and so is the interior of the mall. My gal happened to stick her little feet out of her stroller and her socks "cleaned up" the sides of the escalator. Her little pink socks turn "smoky black". I nearly fainted. Vivo is definitely better.

Ya, you will definitely need another pair of hands when you have another child. I worked like a "slave" before my maid came. Before my gals arrived, I need 30 mins before I could go to sleep cos I'm a light sleeper. After my confinement, I can sleep anywhere within seconds. DEAD TIRED!!! Kekeke...

I don't have the heart to "train" my gals to wean off night feeds. Plus being a SAHM, I don't have to worry about insufficient sleep the next day at work, so I just feed on demand. My gals don't sleep for long in the day, so they sometimes prefer sleep to feed at night, which is a blessing to me. So far, the norm is either one feed per night or none at all. Occasionally, we wake up twice a night. But most importantly, feed them well before they go to bed. That'll keep them asleep for longer hours.

Both my gals are on Enfalac A+. They were given Enfalac HA at birth and PD suggested moving on to A+ upon discharge, so I just followed. A lot of my friends complaint about babies getting constipation on Similac, so I'm not keen to try. I think NAN is good. A couple of friends gave good comments on NAN.
happy.gif

Hahaha... You should be happy your baby is full of energy. Its a sign he's very healthy and alert. My gals' general schedule on a daily basis goes like this:
<ul>[*]7:00AM Rise & Shine, play or drink FM if last feed was more than 4-5 hours ago. <LI>7:30AM Play on exersaucer or tummy time on the mat while mom/maid have bkfast. <LI>8:00AM 1st feed of FM (if didn't have their FM at 7am) <LI>8:30AM Shower time, unless babies fall asleep again (they sometimes do). <LI>9:00AM Watch Sesame Street (Mon-Fri, 9am-10am). <LI>10:00AM Take a nap if they haven't had one. <LI>11:30AM Lunch - cereal or veg porridge. <LI>12:00 Play on exersaucer or tummy time while mom/maid have lunch. <LI>1:00PM 2nd feed of FM. <LI>1:30PM Takes short nap, mom/maid read books, tummy time, etc. <LI>4:00PM Afternoon snack - fruit puree or juices, followed by play on mat, listening to CDs, etc. <LI>5:00PM Shower time. <LI>6:00PM 3rd feed of FM. <LI>6:30PM Play time on exersaucer or mat while mom/maid have dinner. <LI>7:00PM Daddy returns and babies get "entertained" by him. <LI>8:30PM 4th feed of FM which will knock babies out and send them to dreamland. <LI>11:00PM Sometimes I give another feed around this time if I'm still wide awake. Then babies will sleep all the way till morning without waking up for FM. But I hardly practise that nowadays.
happy.gif
[/list]
Actually, taking care of our children is a 24/7 job. Its no surprise we're all dead tired by the end of the day cos its physically exhausting/mentally draining. So you have to take a break once in while and go out with your hb or friends and get family members to help you babysit. You'll feel more refreshed after that.

HI mummies! Mummies-to-be!

It's been a long time ever since I 've logged in.. and seems like this thread has got new friends!

it's been a tiring but fulfilling one-week plus. though lack of sleep, it's wonderful to see my little one grow!

Hi twins_mummy
nice having you in this forum. it must have been a tough job having to look after 2 kids at one time .. but i must say it's double joy too!

Hi Fayina..regarding iron and milk, during my 1st trimester, i used to take my multi-vit and calcium pills together.. and i also puked my breakfast without fail every morning... subsequently, i realised that iron and calcium clash.. dunno which one will hinder the absorption of the other. dunno if it's the cause of my puking (or simply my MS). so it's best to take them separately, like one in the morning and one be4 you sleep at night.

seems like a lot of you stay at the west/ north area.. i stay in Sengkang.... when i'm ready and brave enurf to go out bringing my boy along, will surely meet up with you gals!!!

by the way, how do i create a table and post it up? am thinking of doing one table with our nicknames and details but too IT idiot to make one.. anyone can share?

My msn email is [email protected] ... add me!

Hey,it's only been a day and there's so many posts already. Keke. Hello, Poopower, 1620 is my baby's weight...maybe you can try your luck. Kekeke....I've been hoping to strike TOTO then I can really retire for gd and be a SAHM...hahaha..but too bad, I don't have such luck. I've never like to go Robinson cos I find their things are more expensive.When is GSS? June? Think tinklebell and I will hv to give it a miss. So sad....No prob, I can also meet you at Yew Tee if it's more convenient for you. Let me know which day you are available.
kao_happy.gif

Hey twin_mommy, didn't rec your PM. Maybe I visit you at your plc on a wkday when it's convenient for you.My msn is [email protected]. Wow! Looking at your daily time-table really sets me thinking if I can do it mann! Seems to be occupied most of the time! Gosh!!!

Hey Wawa, welcome back. Nice hearing that you're enjoying yr motherhood. Sengkang is not that far from my plc, Yishun. There's a direct bus which takes approximately 15mins to reach via expressway. We can always meet up when you think you're ready to bring out yr boy. Ganbete.

<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD> Nickname</TD><TD> Age</TD><TD> EDD/Baby's age</TD><TD> Home</TD><TD> MSN Add</td></tr></table>
<table border=1><tr><td>Charine</TD><TD> puretulips</TD><TD> 29+</TD><TD> 27 Jun 07</TD><TD> Yishun</TD><TD> [email protected]</td></tr></table>

hi twins_Mommy & Puretulips,

how to make the table format?
I consolidate some information for the following in excel format:

Nickname
Twins_Mommy
Poo_Power
Wawapiggyling
Puretulips
Tinklebell
Missbluey
Fayina
mime_msexcel.gif

SAHMTBs.xls (16.4 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Wow, i'm overwhelmed by the growing no. of MTBs and mummies here! Thanks Fay for creating the list. Now we are able to keep track of one another's info easily
happy.gif

Fay: Are u feeling better yet? My particulars: MSN email: [email protected], EDD: 10 Jun, Age: 29+, Add: Bt Merah. No one stays close to me leh...
sad.gif

Wawa: Welcome back! How r u and your lil' prince doing? Have u moved bk to your own house yet?

Twins mommy: Glad that u can join us here! You're fortunate to have a pair of lovely twin gals! Having a bb gal is generally harder to come by than bb boy, let alone twin gals. Your schedule looks packed. Do u have anytime for yourself and your hb then?

Poo power: I went to Robinsons Centrept today but cldn't find any children's dept. JL sale has also ended last weekend. But don't worry, the GSS is coming up the last wk of May and u ladies also have the Motherhood exhibition at Expo to go to on 07-10Jun which puretulips and myself have to give a miss sadly...

Puretulips: Did u try out the scrapbooking stickers u got today? Hope the trip to Spotlight was worthwhile =) Got my curls chopped off finally. Now my head certainly feels lighter. Hope this new hairstyle will prevent me from getting a heat stroke after giving birth in Jun ;)

Hi Wawa, Puretulips & Tinklebell

I have added all of you in my msn contact le.. ; )

Hi Wawa,
Thanks for the advise.. So glad to hear from you again.. ; p
Your MIL or Mother taking care of u during your confinement?
Take care during your confinement ya!

Hi Tinklebell,
So nice to hear from you..
I'm feeling alright lately.. Thanks!
I used to stay around your area.. hee..hee..
How are u feeling lately?

Attached is a revised update..
So far.. me unsure about the table format to post directly.. any advise from anyone?

By the way, pls. let me know if I miss you out.. I need details to update..
Sometimes when we correspond with each other, need to recall some necessary details mah...

mime_msexcel.gif

SAHMTBs.xls (16.4 k)</td></tr></table></center>

hihi,

i also added you all le..
want to hear about your confinement. how is it going??

yesterday my mil told me during my confinement, i can only eat pig kidneys, still got other pig parts but i forget liao, no veg...cannot bathe etc etc..if i kena caught bathing, i 'die'...zzzz...and worst still, she said i will be fed like a pig...nearly fainted..she is THAT direct eh.

i already mentally prepared myself to cut my long hair..sigh..

Hi PureTulips,

U got those scrapbooking stickers?
Where did u get it? I would like to create a scrapbook as well ; )

Hi all,
You can paste in tables from spreadsheets such as Microsoft Excel. To paste a table, do the following:
<ul>[*]Open your spreadsheet using Excel. <LI>Select the range that you wish to paste as a table using Excel. <LI>Choose Edit and then Copy. <LI>Bring up your WWW browser. <LI>Enter an "empty" table tag ( example: <font color="ff0000">\table</font><font color="ff0000">{</font> <font color="ff0000">}</font> ) in your message. Do not put in any Table Items at this time. <LI>Click the mouse between the curly braces in that tag. <LI>Select Edit and then Paste.[/list]
Try it out.
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>Nickname</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>EDD / Baby's DOB</TD><TD>Home</TD><TD>MSN Add</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>BB's Name </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Twins_Mommy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Sembawang Drive</TD><TD></TD><TD>Twin Girls</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Poo_Power</TD><TD></TD><TD>15-Jan-07</TD><TD>Yew Tee</TD><TD></TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Wawapiggyling</TD><TD></TD><TD>12-Apr-07</TD><TD>SengKang</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>TianLe </TD></TR><TR><TD>Charine</TD><TD>Puretulips</TD><TD>29+</TD><TD>27-Jun-07</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Tinklebell</TD><TD>29+</TD><TD>10-Jun-07</TD><TD>Bukit Merah</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Lincoln Choo </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulene</TD><TD>Missbluey</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>Sep-07</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD>[email protected] </TD><TD>Unknown</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angie</TD><TD>Fayina</TD><TD>28+</TD><TD>Sep-07</TD><TD>Jurong</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Unknown</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Dear Mummies,

Anyone or information that I miss?
Pls. update me & I will update this table ; )
Have a great Thursday! ; p

<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>Nickname</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>EDD/Baby's DOB</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Home</TD><TD>Email Add</TD><TD>MSN Add</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>BB's Name </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Twins_Mommy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Sembawang Drive</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Twin Girls</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Poo_Power</TD><TD></TD><TD>15-Jan-07</TD><TD></TD><TD>Yew Tee</TD><TD></TD><TD>No account</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Wawapiggyling</TD><TD></TD><TD>12-Apr-07</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>SengKang</TD><TD></TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>TianLe </TD></TR><TR><TD>Charine</TD><TD>Puretulips</TD><TD>29+</TD><TD>27-Jun-07</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Evander</TD><TD>Tinklebell</TD><TD>29+</TD><TD>10-Jun-07</TD><TD>MT.A</TD><TD>Bukit Merah</TD><TD>[email protected].</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Lincoln Choo </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulene</TD><TD>Missbluey</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>Sep-07</TD><TD>Unknown</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>[email protected] </TD><TD>Unknown</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angie</TD><TD>Fayina</TD><TD>28+</TD><TD>Sep-07</TD><TD>MT.A</TD><TD>Jurong</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Unknown</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi Fayina,

I've updated my data in the table and bold the headings as well. I'm also attaching the updated .xls file here for your future use. Thanks for offering to update the table!

<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>Nickname</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>EDD/Baby's DOB</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Home</TD><TD>Email Add</TD><TD>MSN Add</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>BB's Name </TD></TR><TR><TD>Faith</TD><TD>Twins_Mommy</TD><TD>33+</TD><TD>06-Oct-06</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sembawang Drive</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Twin Girls</TD><TD>Gracia & Chloe </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Poo_Power</TD><TD></TD><TD>15-Jan-07</TD><TD></TD><TD>Yew Tee</TD><TD></TD><TD>No account</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Wawapiggyling</TD><TD></TD><TD>12-Apr-07</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>SengKang</TD><TD></TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>TianLe </TD></TR><TR><TD>Charine</TD><TD>Puretulips</TD><TD>29+</TD><TD>27-Jun-07</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Evander</TD><TD>Tinklebell</TD><TD>29+</TD><TD>10-Jun-07</TD><TD>MT.A</TD><TD>Bukit Merah</TD><TD>[email protected].</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Lincoln Choo </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulene</TD><TD>Missbluey</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>Sep-07</TD><TD>Unknown</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Unknown</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angie</TD><TD>Fayina</TD><TD>28+</TD><TD>Sep-07</TD><TD>MT.A</TD><TD>Jurong</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Unknown</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

mime_msexcel.gif
SAHMTB table
SAHMTBs.xls (17.9 k)</td></tr></table></center>

<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>Nickname</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>EDD/Baby's DOB</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Home</TD><TD>Email Add</TD><TD>MSN Add</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>BB's Name </TD></TR><TR><TD>Faith</TD><TD>Twins_Mommy</TD><TD>33+</TD><TD>6-Oct-06</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sembawang Drive</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Twin Girls</TD><TD>Gracia & Chloe </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angeline</TD><TD>Poo_Power</TD><TD>32+</TD><TD>15-Jan-07</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Yew Tee</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Alexander </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kai Ling</TD><TD>Wawapiggyling</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>12-Apr-07</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>SengKang</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>TianLe </TD></TR><TR><TD>Charine</TD><TD>Puretulips</TD><TD>29+</TD><TD>27-Jun-07</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Evander</TD><TD>Tinklebell</TD><TD>29+</TD><TD>10-Jun-07</TD><TD>MT.A</TD><TD>Bukit Merah</TD><TD>[email protected].</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Lincoln Choo </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulene</TD><TD>Missbluey</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>Sep-07</TD><TD>Unknown</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Unknown</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angie</TD><TD>Fayina</TD><TD>28+</TD><TD>Sep-07</TD><TD>MT.A</TD><TD>Jurong</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Unknown</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi mummies
Waiting for my boy to wake up n feed milk ...
Wow, indeed the thread is moving fast

Hi twins_mommy
Thanks a lot for yr advise n baby schedule. Indeed, looking after bb is much more tiring n demanding than working ... but it is definitely much more fulfilling.
For nite feed, i try to give bb more milk but he jus refuses to drink more than the normal amt - so got to wake up for nite feed. According to my MIL, this is because when i was pregnant, i eat frequent small amounts, tat y bb follow my pattern - is it true???
BTW, do yr gals drink milk lying down or do u still need to feed them upright position. Was reading the forum n i was amazed when one mummy mentioned tat her gal lie flat on the mattress to drink milk n she is only 4 mo ... ???

Hi Fayina
Thanks for updating the list. Do u think we should hv a column for bb weight n height?
I jus created my MSN - cant be the only mummy who does not hv the account - pai seh! BTW, we hv the same name???

Hi Puretuplips
OK, will need to check wif MIL when she is confident to handle bb by herself n then will meet up wif u ... if not, may visit u when u give birth at TMC ...
About a couple more months - enjoy yr 'freedom' while u can - once bb born - super busy. How r u feeling???

Hi Tinklebell
U also went to Robinsons yesterday? Might hv missed u - The bb section on 6th level. Guess will wait for GSS n hopefully can get some good bargains ...

Hi Missbluey
Yr MIL working rite - .. tat means u can bath when she not around ... hahaha. Wif SIN weather so humid, u will need to hv a bath for hygiene purpose. Did she meant not to bath wif water but can bath wif herbs ...
Well well - she is going to 'pamper' u by feeding u lots of nutritious food - isnt it good? Do u intend to bf??? If yes, then all the more u shd appreciate her 'kindness' ... hahaha
I am not laughing at u but laughing wif u - becas i can understand the 'love' of MILs ...

Do take care everyone n hope to see some of u very soon ...

puretulips,
You can do it! Newborn babies requires less of your time initially cos they sleep a lot. By the time they are 6 months old (like mine), you'd have build up enough energy and strength to pull thru the day.
happy.gif
But you must know how to rest and treat yourself well. Let others handle the babies on weekends and have your break. Very important to re-charged. Chat with friends or go out (with the baby) and meet family/friends when you can. Must have some social life cos baby can't communicate with you yet.

tinklebell,
My schedule looks packed, but I try to rest in between when they are sleeping during the day. Well, since my maid gets off day once a month, I also request for 1 or 2 off days per month. Hee! I'll go out without the babies, get haircut, meet friends for lunch, coffee, shopping, etc. Very refreshing!!! When my hb and I feel like "dating", we'll bring our maid and babies to my MIL's place. My in-laws and sister-in-law will help to "entertain" the babies while my hb and I go "kai Kai' for a few hours on our own. Must make time for yourself lah. Else, can go insane looking after babies 24/7. Kekeke...

missbluey,
Your MIL doing your confinement? You discuss with her on your likes/dislikes for food? Veg is crucial for confinement too. Even though you can eat as much "heaty" stuff as you can, it is still necessary to have sufficient fibre intake. As for the "being fed like a pig" part... hee... I think it's the same for everyone. They want you to build up your health, that's why. I think I did eat like a pig during my confinement. My confinement lady cooks really well!

Oh, you can bathe as long as you use boiled herbal water, right? My MIL is against me showering but when I told her I bathe with the herbal water, she kept quiet. I need to bathe twice a day, so I don't care what water is being used. Just let me bathe will do! :p

poo_power,
My gals can drink milk lying flat on the mattress but I seriously don't like it. I mean, even as adults, we have difficulty drinking when we lie flat, so better not try it on babies unless no choice. I did it a couple of times when I had to feed 2 babies at the same time. I'd carry one of them in my arms and feed with the same arm. Then the other gal would rest her head on a pillow while I hold her milk bottle to feed her. I feel really bad doing that. I don't think its comfortable at all. What if the baby gets choke! So dangerous. I don't think we should attempt this unless children are much older and their windpipes/digestive system is well developed. Even then, I still don't think I want to encourage such a habit.

poo_power & twins_mommy:
ya, she is working, but fil not working. still can't confirm whether my mum will be coming over during mornings. cuz my mum not very agreeable with mil's thinking on bathing. mil simply said NO bathing at all, only those wipe bowl with white wine..????

yea,i intend to bf..i heard it can be a painful experience if bb don't know how to suck.
you girls have any problems ma?

HI good morning mummies/mummies-to-be

didn't have a good sleep last night... baby slept too much in the day and supre active at night... spend 2.5 hrs trying to make him sleep and within an hr, he's up again... aiyo ...and each time i managed to steal some sleep, i had nightmares...terok.

re: bathing during confinement..
i bathe once a day and washes my hair on alternate days... tried the herbal bathe be4 but prefer normal water.... heng my mum not very strict.. but she insists on me blowing dry my hair right after the bath, which will make me end up in sweat again.. perhaps next tieme i plan a baby, i'll time it so that bb will come in dec time, not so hot.. heehee

twins mummy
indeed your schedule looks packed! but having a routine is better than passing each day in chaos.. and i strongly agree with u to take some time out once in a while to refresh and recharged.. i already feel so worn out after just 2 weeks...

poo power and twins mummy
do your babies wake up in the night to feed? how i wish for the day my boy wont have to wake up in the middle fo the night to feed and his sleeping pattern can mirror ours..how many mths will that roughly be? esp on bm?

<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>Nickname</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>EDD/Baby's DOB</TD><TD>HP</TD><TD>Home</TD><TD>Email Add</TD><TD>MSN Add</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>BB's Name</TD><TD>BB's Wt.</TD><TD>BB's Ht. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Faith</TD><TD>Twins_Mommy</TD><TD>33+</TD><TD>6-Oct-06</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sembawang Drive</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Twin Girls</TD><TD>Gracia & Chloe</TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_ </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angeline</TD><TD>Poo_Power</TD><TD>32+</TD><TD>15-Jan-07</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Yew Tee</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Alexander</TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_ </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kai Ling</TD><TD>Wawapiggyling</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>12-Apr-07</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>SengKang</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>TianLe</TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_ </TD></TR><TR><TD>Charine</TD><TD>Puretulips</TD><TD>29+</TD><TD>27-Jun-07</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_ </TD></TR><TR><TD>Evander</TD><TD>Tinklebell</TD><TD>29+</TD><TD>10-Jun-07</TD><TD>MT.A</TD><TD>Bukit Merah</TD><TD>[email protected].</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Lincoln Choo</TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_ </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulene</TD><TD>Missbluey</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>Sep-07</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Unknown</TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_ </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angie</TD><TD>Fayina</TD><TD>28+</TD><TD>Sep-07</TD><TD>MT.A</TD><TD>Jurong</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Unknown</TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_ </TD></TR><TR><TD> </td></tr></table>

Dear Mummies/Mummies-to-be

Good morning! Hope everybody slept well last night!
Yippe ; ) It's Friday!!
Have a great weekend!

Hi Poo_power,

Did u & yr bb sleep well after the feed?
Already create col. for bb's weight n height.
Feel free to update me..
Already added u in my MSN ; 0
My Name is just Angie.. my dear.. ; p
Your weekend is here ; ) Enjoy!

Hello ladies, it's TGIF finally! Enjoy yr wkend ya!

Hey poopower, no prob. We can always meet at your convenience. I'm feeling tired most of the time now....can't shop too much...experiencing pain around my ankle...guess muz be the weight exerting on my ankles...nowadays bb also pressing on my bladder at times, really feel the sharp pain....another 2mths more to go mann!

Hi twins_mommy, thanks for the encouragement. Ya agree with you. Definitely will arrange for my own time...at least to get a breather....how I miss gg to Spa mann!

Ok, catch up wt u gals soon!

Hey Fayina, u can go to the help section at the bottom of the page. They have a list of the formatting tags for bolding text, italics, colored texts etc....quite interesting...check it out.

<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>Nickname</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>EDD/Baby's DOB</TD><TD>HP</TD><TD>Home</TD><TD>Email Add</TD><TD>MSN Add</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>BB's Name</TD><TD>BB's Wt.</TD><TD>BB's Ht. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Faith</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Twins_Mommy</font></TD><TD>33+</TD><TD>6-Oct-06</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sembawang Drive</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Twin Girls</TD><TD>Gracia & Chloe</TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_ </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angeline</TD><TD><font color="0077aa">Poo_Power</font></TD><TD>32+</TD><TD>15-Jan-07</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Yew Tee</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Alexander</TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_ </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kai Ling</TD><TD><font color="aa00aa">Wawapiggyling</font></TD><TD>26</TD><TD>12-Apr-07</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>SengKang</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>TianLe</TD><TD>3.5 kg</TD><TD>50 cm </TD></TR><TR><TD>Charine</TD><TD><font color="ff6000">Puretulips</font></TD><TD>29+</TD><TD>27-Jun-07</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_ </TD></TR><TR><TD>Evander</TD><TD><font color="119911">Tinklebell</font></TD><TD>29+</TD><TD>10-Jun-07</TD><TD>MT.A</TD><TD>Bukit Merah</TD><TD>[email protected].</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Lincoln Choo</TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_ </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulene</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Missbluey</font></TD><TD>24</TD><TD>Sep-07</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Unknown</TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_ </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angie</TD><TD>Fayina</TD><TD>28+</TD><TD>Sep-07</TD><TD>MT.A</TD><TD>Jurong</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>[email protected]</TD><TD>Unknown</TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_</TD><TD>_ </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

morning~

i am having one of my sleepless "mornings" again..
sad.gif

anyway, i went for my checkup last night. doc said very confidently that bb is a boy..but this time, hubby can't really see the 'dang dang' clearly while i think it looks like one..heh.
also took blood test liao..waiting for the results and the referral letter to KKH.

hope you all are sleeping soundly!
wink.gif

Hi ALL,
Didn't get to have a good weekend, and like missbluey, I didn't sleep well too. Had a very eventful long weekend till now...

Chloe, my twin 2 was admitted to KKH on Sat and discharged on Mon afternoon. I slept for about 5 hours over the 3-day episode. A little sore lump on her body turned out to be an infected abscess. She went thru a minor surgery to removed it. We were not prepared for her to be hospitalised, so I became zombie-fied while attending to her needs 24hrs round the clock at KKH.

Now that we're home, she has to get wound dressing at the clinic everyday. In addition, she still need to be fed antibiotics (AB) orally every 6 hrs for one AB and every 8 hrs for another AB. She would scream and yell when given the AB and even spit it out. We tried syringes, spoon, special medicine dispensing bottle, etc. Its like war at home every few hours' interval. Hope this will end soon, since she's going for her review at KKH tomorrow. The only consolation is she can now smile bubbly like before as compared to those few days in KKH. Think she got phobia already

Actually, I kind of regretted going to KKH instead of TMC or Gleneagles. The NYP training nurses in KKH are really inexperienced and Chloe had her wound dressing done by them (under supervision of a senior nurse). Very heart pain to see her being "poked" on her wound. *Sob*

Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed tomorrow will get a clean bill of health and not have any more review/visits to KKH.

Tired...
kao_sleep.gif

Back