Any SAHMTBs?

puretulips: yea, i am staying with my in-laws...even when next time we have our own house, i guess they will still move in with us. sigh...i don't really like it but they are getting on age and hubby is the only child. no choice...

i am not sure why my mil is so persistent...sometimes she would ask me go buy chinese newspaper & find a job, part time also can..but the problem is SO DIFFICULT!! she just don't get it & i don't bother explain it lor, i only told her i can't find any...she always has this thinking that newspaper is much more easier to find jobs than searching online..she would tell me staying at home is very sian de..keep saying i can't always stay at home, sleep & sit, but the problem is i never take any noon naps lor! she is working of cuz can't see lah, duh...
now i know that no matter how good the in-laws are, there are bound to have fiction when staying under the same roof...

mil did ask me whether i want to stay at home to look after bb or i go work after delivery..i am still hesitating leh..she even thought of hiring a maid when it is only a 3 room flat lor! and in future there will be 5 ppl including bb...she said until so relac, have the maid to sleep with bb in the bedroom while mil & fil sleep in the living room...hubby rejected her idea, but she is still saying it...zzz. she keeps thinking that the maid will not do anything funny if we treat her well...please lah, i think that is very naive lor..i'd rather give the next door auntie to look after my bb than let an unknown stranger to touch my bb lor (the next door auntie very close to hubby's family - hubby grew up with her kids)..

i think i will ask my gynae that when i go for my checkup tonight...

wawapiggyling: can't really imagine the outcome when you tell them! no wonder some people will say some mils are monsters-in-laws!

yup, i intend to knit something for bb..but i don't know anything on knitting leh..told hubby i want to learn cross-stitch, but he said aiya suan le lah..wah liew....cuz i am more to the lazy side =p

still a little confused on heartburn..how does it feels like? er, 2nd trimester is from when to when? *confused*

poo power: oh gosh...hope your friend's bb is alright..
yesterday when my mil asked me whether i want to stay at home to look after bb or go out work, hubby immediately said of cuz go find work lah! -.-" i hesitated & said don't know yet...i guess i still have a few more months to think it over..

hmm, hubby's buddy is selling PSP ma, so he sees me like so gian, then bought it for me lor..his buddy installed games for us, those normal girly games eg. puzzle bubble, locoroco (can't rem the spelling), bomberman, some brick games..got 1 wrestling game but it can't be played..the rest is soccer game which is for hubby..
i think so far the PSP is good...i keep playing it almost everyday..heh.

tinklebell: i think perhaps tmr? i don't know i can't receive PM leh, i thought i have activated it liao...
as long as the place is not so full of people, it's fine with me..when i see alot of people, i get giddy/headaches easily...sigh.

hi wawa
not sure whether u wld hv time to log onto this forum - feeling so excited for u too.
i understand how u r feeling now. as for me, went to doc check up on Sat n then he told me he would arrange C/Section on Mon. On Sun, my family visited me n we went to restaurant n eat. Since, after giving birth, theres a lot of food to avoid. I did not sleep till about 1am. n i had to be up by 5am next morning to be at hospital by 7am. Prior to that, i even video cam how i felt. Of course could not even sleep - thinking of how bb is going to look like .... This tiredness was good becas the epidural seemed mild n i was kinda awake during the op but due to not sleeping on the night before, i felt tired but not fully asleep.

Tinklebell
i do agree wif u tat the purpose of this forum is for mummies to 'care n share'. Most impt , to support n give encouragement to one another.
Weather is pretty warm - Of cos wif u carrying bb, yr body temp will rise.
my boy, while sleeping needs 3 fan to circulate the air. i try not to turn on aircon for him -
Enjoy yr outing wif Missbluey.

Dear All Mummies & MTBs..

Good afternoon to all of you!
Hope u slept well last night & feeling better from those uneasiness!

Hi puretulips & All,

I quit my previous job because I was terribly sick.. had persistent cough during day & night time was the worse for me... cough so hard until I could not sleep, then have to wake up at 6am... already feeling very very tired (I didn't know I was pregnant) my hubby see me cough until like that & so tired... after knowing I was pregnant.. he asked me to quit..
Somehow feel awkward.. because I've been independent on my $, don't really like to rely on hubby's $..
I wanted to be a SATHMTB IF financial allows... wish to look after my baby till 3yrs old..
Like Poo_power mention.. $ is important to our daily needs but can be earn again but spending time with yr growing bb is priceless..

Hi missbluey... I agree with Puretulips as well... if possible, stick to your own decision.. u will know it is worth it by then..
Btw, yr hubby very sweet leh, bought u a PSP to keep u company..
Do take care of your health ya..

Hi Poo_power,

Ya, feeling excited of course.. is my first pregnancy..
I seldom play games..
He got this halo game but he haven't try yet.. He is into those chinese war games now...
That time I tried to play, I also lose the control of direction leh.. so funny..
So yr hubby like sports games, u mean those ball games?

Hi tinklebell & All,

I am delivering my bb in MT.A, my first bb, EDD: 30 Sep
Having some backaches on my right side till my big tigh.. on & off... so painful when bending.. trying to do some stretching liao...... hope it will get better bah..

Hi wawapiggyling,

Thanks for the warm welcome!
How's your check-up this morning?

tinklebell: i just tried to PM you, but not sure whether it get to you anot...cuz i left my contacts there too, in case i didn't log on later..

gtg! in a rush!

hi missbluey
well, take it easy. Try (easier said than done) not to be affected or influenced by yr MIL. Its a fact t u married an only son (they must be v traditional)n i think y yr mil is reacting this way (asking u to work) is becas she heart pain her own son will need to work hard to support the family. So, i guess, jus understand from her point of view n tat it! DO NOT let her affect you. My MIL is also hinting tat i shd go out n work but lucky my husband support me staying at home.

i fully agree tat it is a No No for maid to look after baby. I admit tat there are some very good maid but the better (best) option is of course either u look after yrself or by mothers/mil.

hey, do enjoy yr trip wif tinklebell - u shld meet uo wif her, enjoy a cuppa (or shopping) n 'gossip' all u want. you know we woman sometimes jus need to talk talk talk. n we would feel much better

btw, when are u giving birth? Is yrs a baby gal or boy? Which hospital will u be delivering at?

do take care n keep us posted

Hey, so excited for wawa....wondering how will I feel when it's my turn....Haiz...another 12 more weeks to go mann!

Hey tinklebell, you're not alone! I think most of us feel the heatwave....I guess most preggies are afraid of heat and not to mention that the weather is getting warmer each day! I went for a haircut on Monday and I was perspiring even though I was in a air-conditioned plc. My hairstylist had to remove the towel and the cape every 10mins and blow dry me using the cold air from the hairdryer.
kao_blush.gif
BTW, how do you activate / rec PM? I veri suaku. Since now that you mentioned, will go read all about the "Lame excuses" thread at WTS. KPO abit.
kao_biggrin.gif
Ya, I have the same sentiments too that my EDD is in June. I already told hubby I will definitely shower during my confinement else how to tahan such weather! Especially if we are gg to bf our babies, we should maintain our hygiene.

Hi Missybluey, I guess DILs and MILs can never see eye to eye with each other. Just try to bear with your MIL and don't put to heart what she said. You know, old ppl tend to be abit naggy. Just let her says what she wants, ultimately the decision lies with you. Sometimes, I also have differing views from my MIL but she always thinks that she's right. I just kept quiet and sometimes go with the flow to prevent any conflicts. For me, fortunately I'm not staying with in-laws but it's compulsory to go back for dinner everyweek. Now, with my baby coming, my MIL has also started to tell me what are the things to do, buy etc even though I dn't agree with her at times. Eg. she asked me to let my bb wears cloth nappies whole day including nite time! I think I'll go crazy waking up the whole nite just to change the nappies. I personally think that why need a maid when mummy, the most appropriate caregiver is willing to take care of bb. Discuss with your hubby the options that you have in mind and make the decision together.Do take care and enjoy your outing with tinklebell.
kao_smile.gif

Hmm...seems quite a number of u are playing PSP. I don't play it cos most of the games my hubby bgt are either soccer / car racing which I find it boring. Maybe u gals like to check out this website for more games www.popcap.com

Hey missbluey, i didn't receive your PM dear. Why don't u try to email me at [email protected]? Where do u live? Better get u out soon if not u'll be buried under your MIL's nagging. I'm kinda fortunate (and unfortunate) that my ILs have migrated to Canada and i don't live with my own parents so less nagging to deal with. Why don't u try having a gd chat with your MIL rather than shunning her, and tell her nicely that u have tried looking for a job but no one wld wanna employ a preggie woman? Maybe u just have to drive this into her since times r different now. Pick a day when she is in a better mood and hear each other out with an open mind. Although MILs and DILs seldom get along, but i don't think they would wanna see each other miserable too, at least for the sake of your poor husband, her son. Perhaps she doesn't really know the right way to speak to u yet. Talking to older folks usually needs more patience. They are like big kids sometimes...

Tulips, ya man, both of us will be having Jun bb, and we will be sweating like mad during our confinement. Talk abt confinement, i'm all ready to break most of the traditions like cannot bathe, cannot wash hair... That's virtually impossible in our humid climate. I think these hand-me-downs are only applicable in c'tries like China or non-tropical c'tries. I also believe in absolute hygiene for the sake of my bb. Don't think my bb will wanna get close to a sticky and smelly mummy. Oh, let's exchange our websites, email me ya! I'd love to check it out!

Thanks for your popcap link! I think i'll try playing a few games to spite my hb tonite... haha... *nottie me*

U've trimmed your hair already? I haven't trimmed mine yet. Guess i better do it soon before i become a humpty dumpty.

Fay - Finally found a buddy here delivering at MAH! Hope u're not carrying heavy stuff now and already doing some exercises like swimming. It'll help in your backaches.

Very sad to see mummies fighting in this forum. The forum is getting more and more bitchy don't cha think? The forum moderator shd come in soon before things get outta hand. Just saw another "war" going on in the bulk purchase section as well. Sigh.

Heard eating lotsa fish and drinking lotsa soup will inc breastmilk supply. Is it true?

thanks ladies for e warm welcome
happy.gif

poo_power, im stayin in Sengkang...

tinklebell...fish & green papaya soup helps to improve milk flow. Here is the recipe:

Fish & Green Papaya Soup

200gm Green (unripe) papaya (remove skin- optional & seeds)
1 Fish head & fish bones - Kurau or others such as Seabream, Promfet, Carp
1-2 Thin slices of ginger
10pcs Red dates

Method:
- Scale and clean fish
- Bring to boil with fish bones & ginger & red dates and boil for 30 mins
- Add green papaya and boil for another 15-20mins (appearance milky in colour)
- Do not stir soup too often
- Remove papaya and bones before serving

Hi Fayina
How r u feeling? How your cough? Do take extra care of yrself n avoid crowded places
I too initially was finanically independent - i earn my own $$$ n buy watever i want. H/ever , when i decided to be a SAHM, I have ppl telling me "if u dont work, each time u get $$$ from husband, u got to account for it. n worse still, what if he thinks tat the purchases u make are waste of $$$?! Its like u got no freedom / no say in purchases tat u make. But my hb is supportive of me staying at home, therefore, i am now the 'Financial Controller' of the house.
My hb likes playing soccer, basketball, tennis, golf etc. N now, he is also eyeing on Playstation3. Sometimes, i think luckily i am not working - if not, we will be making these purchases n hey, if got time to play its ok but if not, it will be 'white elephant'
Backache is inevitable - get yr hb to massage u. Jus curious, r u a Christian? Mt A is a Catholic hospital. Initially, i wanted to deliver there but my sis has a recommended gynae at KK, t/fore, i too follow up with her gynae. BTW, is yr baby a gal or boy?
Will u be joining tinklebell n missbluey for their outing? Its fun for MTB to get together n enjoy each other company. Do take care

Hi Renz
Thanks for the recipe. Must show it to my friend. She very sad cause after a week or so after delivery, she does not have bm. The worse part is that her MIL refuses to cook fish for her, telling her tat it is no good for bb (what crap!)
I tot u staying at CCK becos yr gynae has a clinic around this area. BTW, is yrs a bb gal or boy? Joining in the outing? Happy working n Do take care

Confinement -
i was being advised not to wash my hair or even bath for the whole month. i personally think this advise is 'ridiculous'. When i discharge, i immediately bath n wash hair. My MIL boil some herb for me to bath n after washing my hair, i need to imm blow dry. For those who decides not to wash hair, u can get dry shampoo from Guardian

Hi mummies
I'm back from my gynae checkup.. a bit disappointed that there is no progress since last week.. put on the CTG and showed no contractions, so doc decided that we shld wait another week since baby is still growing well inside.

hi tinklebell,
we have decided to givebaby the name Tianle, wanting him to be happy everyday and also means heaven's joy. =)

Knitting is difficult, esp when learnign from a book.. I learnt how to knit my scarf from the shop GOlden Dragon in chinatown. they have teachers there teaching you how to knit for free so long as u buy the materials from them. I remember me travelling to the shop on weekends when I'm stuck or when I made a mess of my scarf.. looking for them to save my scarf.. haha.. i had also once seen a man sitting there to knit... and i was so touched to see him learning to knit a small little cap for his baby! Imagine a big guy among all the ladies learning how to knit!

re; heatwave
Yes it's unbearable!! I can switch on my air con and have the fan blowing directly at me. It's uncomfortable to get sticky even after a bathe. The heat is getting to most pple, but pregnant ladies feel it more cos of our higher body temperatures.. ahve to bear with it.

Hi missbluey
in a way, luckily your mil is working.. else u will hear more of her nagging. i also do not agree with letting a maid look after your baby. There are so many children now whose dependent on their maids.. my mum and I saw a mother and maid in the public just a few days ago, and she was commenting that it is really lazy of the mother to let the maid carry the baby..cos the baby will get used body scent of the maid.. If i have a maid, i wld rather let my maid do the household chores while I look after baby myself..at least housework doesn't grow attached to my maid.. keke.. just my personal thoughts... (in case I have offended any mummies here with maids)

my MIL is really not that bad (or perhaps it's becos i see her only once a wk?).. she is very concerned and calculative when it comes to her son's health and money matters.. her nagging is usually in these 2 areas.. which is why until now i dare not tell her I'm no longer working (and forgoing the 3 mths pd maternity leave). I agree with poo power that MIL may feel heart pain that their sons will have to work doubly hard to earn the money to support the family, which is why they may be insistent that as wives, we shld also do our part.

If you want to learn cross-stitch, i can teach you! start with smaller projects that are easier to handle.. there are shops selling the full kit so you do not need to spend a lot buying the separate materials. let me show you a pic of the cross-stitch i recently made for my baby..

heartburn is like a burning sensation in the chest and throat. anyway, don't be too concerned abt whether if you will have it..just dont go to sleep after a heavy meal.

so nice to have a PSP!! I guess i will spend most of my time playing if I have one too.. kek

hi poo power
Yah i think if planned delivery, can get to your nerves too! I dunno if i can even sleep the night be4. now the waiting's game is still on.. but i shall be patient and wait for my baby to come when he's ready.. =)

Hi fayina
I also have a friend delivering in early oct, so you must be starting your 2nd trimester now? enjoy this period as it is said to be the best period of pregnancy! So what do you do in your free time now?

Hi puretulips
thanks for the link! haha.. seems like those without PSP will make do with online games...

Hi renz,
I also stay in Sengkang! i was already wondering if you stay in SK cos you mentioned that your Dr is Adrian Woodworth..

poo power:
if say my pil are traditional, they aren't exactly that traditional leh..like last time i haven't got married to hubby, they would tell me to stay overnight at their place when they go m'sia, so that hubby won't be alone..just that mil is very straight forward & direct lor, whatever she thinks she just say lor, she herself even admit that to me..sometimes i think being too straight forward doesn't really gets you anywhere, just my opinion lor.
i did try to think from her point of view, i know she just don't want to mope around the house the whole day..she said if i got work, at least got someone to talk to me & i can get to move around instead of sitting down..i know she cares except that i guess different ppl have different ways of caring ppl lor..

anyway, enough of mil..haha..
i just went for my 3rd scan last night..bb is growing very fast & well..hehe..might pop as early as 25 sep instead of 1 oct..heh. now in my 15th weeks..was so excited yesterday when i saw its hands moving quite alot & its heartbeat, i nearly wept..not the first time anyway cuz the first 2 scans, i was behaving the same way..haha. gender still unknown, but MIGHT be a boy...i am still hoping for a girl girl...hee..
still undecided where to deliver...any recommendations? hubby & me still blur...and also, male or female gynae better? my this doc won't be helping me to deliver ma..

so you are preparing to break all those chinese customs after delivery? not staying with your in-laws??

puretulips:
hubby is not agreeable on hiring a maid...that day, he just 'shoot' her saying you want us to have a bb, now have liao, you better go think of a way...i nearly died laughing, but can't laugh it out..lol..
i always very envious of those couples who can stay on their own, even though i know this adds on to another additional headache - expenses...but at least you are away from in-laws & able to do things you like/prefer....
perhaps why your mil is acting like that cuz elderly have this thinking they have seen more than us, so they will say do this do that...but they forget that now is different century liao leh..

tinklebell:
so sorry that i couldn't make it today...headache again.."attacked" me at 5am+, couldn't slept well then..already told doc, he said it is normal as my BP is normal...
i am staying in hougang..you??
haha..ya, old folks are like big kids...just like my fil sometimes tend to be very stubborn even when mil lectured him for doing boliao things..
i did try to tell mil nicely, i even smiled to her when talking...still cannot get that into her head..sometimes i really don't want to talk, so i just smiled & kept quiet..i also don't want any conflict with her, if not, life will be hard..after all, we will be always seeing each other everyday...actually, we seldom talk..i find there is no common topic & they speak more hokkien than mandarin ma, my dialect very poor though can understand but when ask me to speak, i will have difficulty lor..perhaps that is one of the reasons why i seldom talk to my pil, hubby knows & he doesn't seem to mind..

fayina:
i got the same thinking as you! i also wish to look after bb till 3 yrs old..that is if financial allows me..
your bb is a girl or boy?? how does mt A. charges like?? i still deciding on which hospital...
oh ya, my EDD same month as yours..hehe!

PS: any of you ever feel your heartbeat will beat very fast for no reason?
PPS: any recommendations on stretch marks cream? my stomach is starting to feel itchy liao.. =(

wawapiggyling:
haha, ya lor..i am glad & relieved at the same time that mil still chooses to go work despite her age.. *phew* if not, i don't know where to hide my face in the house..lol.
yea, if let say i really go back to work immediately after delivery & let the maid to take care of my bb, i am rather afraid that firstly, i don't know what the maid will do to my bb & secondly, i am also afraid bb will become closer to the maid.. =( i'd rather let the maid take care of my bb when bb grows older..

my mother used to nag at me saying i must really save money if not, when i have bb in future, sure needs alot of money..she can nag at me on money issues until i can go berserk! haha..i guess mothers are more concerned on this matter bah..

i used to sew abit when i was in sec sch...nothing to do at home ma, so my mother taught me...but i gave up not long after.. =_=

hey, your cross-stitch is really nice! but err, is that a cushion?? can't seem to figure it out..

last night as i was preparing to sleep, i thought i smell cigarette smoke & i guess it was my fil smoking in living room..i was already in my room with aircon on, so obviously door is closed..then i told hubby about it & he went out to double confirm...think he shocked...haha..these days, my nose is getting more sensitive liao...anybody experiencing the same thing as me??

Hi Poo_Power,

Thanks for the concern.
I started to cough badly during Jan & have recovered fully from my cough around end of Feb.. It was worse because my cough are persistent & hard type.. Glad it was over..
Your hubby very supportive & u are the 'Financial Controller' of the house & that is good, heeheee
My backache.. ya.. he did massage for me & I went to rest.. after rest I feel better.. the pain is like on & off but when the pain comes.. quite unbearable ; (
Oh, Im not a Christian / Catholic.
Actually I went to see a gynea on my first visit NUH one.. (Recommended by my friend) thinking of not going to NUH so I changed my gynea (PTE one) which I can choose TMC or MT.A so I guess I will stick to MT.A bah..
I dont know the gender yet Im starting my 2nd trimester now bah
really curious about the gender..

Hows your baby boy? Is it difficult to manage on your own?
Hows the C-section that u gone thru? Can share with me?
I am still thinking..

I didnt know there is a outing.. feeling backache on & off.. guess will rest more till I get better to move around bah.. hope to meet up with the rest as a gathering.

Hi wawapiggyling

Very sweet cushion!
I dont know how to knit heehee..
Ya, Im starting my 2nd trimester now bah
really curious about the gender.. hee..hee

I read, surf net, do some chores, do some stretching, go to library sometimes, take a nap sometimes, watch dvd sometimes, go to my MIL place for dinner (most days as they cook almost everyday)
My Mother stays a bit far from me & she is working so I dont go back at most times.. I try to go back once a wk..
I miss my Sister very much, whom is very close to me (we often meet up in the past) but she is working overseas now.. we keep in touch thru emails..
Most of my friends are working.. (only 1 of my friend who got a baby girl around 16mths)
We meet up for dinner occasionally.

Havent really take up anything yet thought of going to CC to improve my culinary skills..
Thought of decorating my bb photo album soon
So far havent feel the boredom yet

So u have another week to go u must be feeling excited.. bb gal or boy?

hi missbluey,
I still dont know the gender yet really curious about the gender..
Ya, our EDD close hee.hee.
How exciting to go thru the scan & see the bb moves heehee

U mean you are still choosing your gynea, where are u staying? Maybe the ladies here can advise which area (gynea) is more convenient to u..

Btw, Im using FLOXIA stretch mark cream

Pls. go to this link to view the table from MT.A website:

http://www.mtalvernia-hospital.org/hbs_maternity.html

fayina:
thanks for the link! gonna show it to hubby later...

i am staying in hougang..the doc i go to is specialise in bb, the only minus point is the clinic forever alot of ppl & make appt machiam like no appt, still must wait very long...the nurses there, actions rather slow, to me lah...hubby didn't want me to go so far ma & he said the doc got the necessary apparatus, so that's why we chose to go one which is nearer to the house..

Floxia from where?? how much?

hi missbluey,

Oh.. I am in the West area..
See other Ladies staying around your area anot.. maybe they can recommend u a good gynea.

Floxia is from France..
The cream I got directly from my gynea, from the receipt, it didn't state the price.. so I also unsure.. Pai..seh..
but so far I use, no red dots or rashes..

The clarins brand also popular among some mummies.. My Sis's friend recommended me clarins also but since my gynea given me so I did not buy clarins loh..

So u intend to natural or C-section?
I am still thinking loh...

Dear Mummies & MTBs..

Any good recommendations on gynea near Hougang area for missbluey?

wawapiggyling...wat a meaningful name for your boy boy....do keep us updated if you are gg for your labour...will pray for you and bb
happy.gif

nice cross-stitch

poo-power...im havin a gal.. Her name is Faith. Crackin our head now on chinese name now

missbluey...im using palmer cocao butter now, but i think my skin is sensitive to it. Body Shop will be launchin their stretchmark cream on 19 Apr, i mite wanna try it out...

Wawa: Glad that u're bk to update us! Don't worry abt your bb, he'll come out when he wants to. Keep us posted again!

I like your bb's name. Very meaningful and sounds gd too. I'm still cracking my head over a suitable Chinese name. Do we have to think of both the dialect and the Chinese version? Right now i only have an English name in mind...

Your cross-stitch is lovely! Is it a cushion with a handle. My, u're so talented and patient. Maybe i shd check out Golden Dragon as well since it's not too far from my place. Now u're tempting me...

MissBluey u shd start applying stretch-mark cream soon. Many mummies warned me abt it. I've used Mustela and Body Shop's Shea Butter. Now using my 2nd bottle of Palmer's Cocoa Butter which i felt is very good. Mustela is too greasy and Body Shop is too light but smells good. Clarin's oil formula is very popular as well but too pricey, $75 or so for a tube and i don't think i'll like the greasy feeling.

Thks Renz for your soup recipe! I think i saw a similar one is TMC's Mrs Wong Boh Boi's antenatal book and another mummy also highly recommended it. I'll definitely ask my CL to cook this for me almost everyday... haha... Very worried i won't hv enough milk supply for my bb.

So u're having a gal ya? Her name is sweet... Chinese name is the harder part. Must sound nice, meaningful, auspicious and also think of relation with your future 2nd child... As i watch k-drama at times, i'm tempted to use one of the names in there for my bb boy as they sound good and refined and the korean guys are also dashing... heehee...

Btw, have u started on your antenatal course yet since u're due after me? Tulips and i are attending TMC's Mrs Wong Boh Boi's class on separate days currently.

Btw, tulips and missbluey, u can set your settings to accept PMs by checking on one of the options in "Edit Profile" after u log in. I think it is in one of the sections at the bottom of the page so u'll have to scroll down your page to find this option.

Missbluey hope u're feeling better now. Drink lotsa water to hydrate yourself also esp during this merciless heatwave. I think we can even try frying an egg on the pavement in this dreadful weather.

Did u gals realized our thread actually has an archive now? This shows how active we have been chatting with one another!

missbluey
most imptly is you take care and not let yourself stressed up by your MIL.. remmeber our moods also affect our babies' moods..

i also learnt sewing back in sec school and nvr imagine myself to sew again after all these years..pardon the pic for being so dark..the cross-stitch is a small hanger that i can use to hang at baby's bedside or the bedroom door. just sth simple which i made myself.

Hi Fayina
thanks for the compliments. looks like you are keeping yourself very much occupied.. that's very good! When i first stopped working, i frequently travelled to CBD area to meet my friends for lunch.. and like you, most of my friends are working. i also thought of going CC to learn cooking but delay until now also no action.. haha.. only tried recipes taken from the net once in a while.. lucky my hubby not fussy eater... he'll say the food is very nice although i'm very skeptical abt my skills..

mine is a baby boy... I dunno how long is he gonna stay in there.. hopefully he can pop soon!

Hi renz
Faith is a very nice name! I like it.

re: stretch mark cream
I 'm using Avent. Like the scent. heard that the creams are not really effective in preventing stretch marks..more of a psychological effect on pregnant ladies... but Avent does help in minimising the itchiness...

Hi wawa
Didnt hear from u - thot u already given birth. Did yr doc ask u to try for natural? Tianle must be very comfty - Well done mummy
happy.gif

As for my boy chinese name, my hb n i took one of our character each n combine to be bb name. Some old fashioned / traditional family members did not approve (saying tat it will be no good for the parents, is it true?)n i had a hard time convincing my hb tat we agreed on this name n others can only give advise.
The funny thing about ppl or in-laws ... we can tell them anything but most impt, r they or can they accept. Sometimes, i do not tell my MIL or even to my own mother certain things becas i feel tat they would not understand nor able to accept. So i jus keep quiet n all is well. So, how about not letting yr MIL know tat u quit. Pretend u r paid 3 months maternity n when it is time to go back, jus say yr company restructure or your section close down, so u r no longer needed at work .... hope i am not giving u the wrong advise. jus my 2 cents worth
proud.gif

Wowwww, the pillow tat u sew for bb - its so nice n beautiful. Most impt is the love n effort u put in. Your baby is indeed blessed! Do u knit extra? Intend to sell? Or set up a biz?
Talking about cross stitch - learnt in my school days but guess wat, can never get it right.

Is Dr Adrian W also practicing at SengKang? He has 2 clinics?

Hi Missbluey
hope u r feeling better today. i believe that once a child marries, preferably, they have to stay out to set up their own family. I would 'die standing' if i hv to stay wif MIL. i mean : i do not want any unnecessary conflicts. It is woman nature to seek for attention. my mil is not wrong to want her son attention, neither am i wrong to want my hb attention. i do not want my hb to be "sandwiched". at the moment, my mil not staying wif me but then, who knows wat will happen in the future. She is currently helping us look after my son n becas he is her first grandson - she very sayang him n sometimes, i feel tat she pampers him too much (but i jus close one eye n sometimes both)

Glad to hear tat yr baby growing well. currently, where do u go for check up? U can actually see yr bb movements in week 15? wow, tat is good. At KK, doc jus scan for me but i could not really see my baby move - but he did mention mine is a gentle bb. My gynae is recommended by my sis. He is very good n friendly. The most impt is tat after each visit, we feel assured tat baby well. Let me know if u would like to make appt to see him for bb n delivery.

poo power
nope.. me still carrying my big belly around.. keke.. my doc is very pro-natural.. unless there are medical reasons to induce, she wld advise to go natural.. it so happens that during my visit last week, she says she may induce if i'm already 3cm dilated this week. since there is no progress this week, we agreed to take the wait and see appraoch.

yes, the older generations believe that it is not good for the baby to have the parents' names as their names.. but if you like the name and can dismiss the old folks' nagging, then I think it's a rather personal decision since you are the baby's parents. One suggestion i can make it to choose a chinese character that sounds alike but is written differently from your hubby's and your name?

that's precisely my intention on the working part... keep mum and say i will quit after the 3 mths maternity leave.

the cross-stitch/sewing is only a hobby.. can't make much $$ from selling.. cos too time-consuming.. =).. me only a novice, not a pro.

yes Dr Adrian Woodworth has 2 clincs.. one in Sengkang and another in the north area if i'm not wrong.. been to see him once but not really comfortable with a male gynae.. that's y i switched to a female gynae ultimately.

Hey, so many postings feel kinda of lost oredi...kekeke...

Hi Wawa, guess your boy boy is feeling too comfy in your womb till he wanna extend his stay. Jia you! Wait another wk and see what Dr. Joycelin Wong says. Tianle is a nice and meaningful name! Talking about chinese names, I've yet to decide on one. Anyway, my MIL has already voiced out that chinese names will hv to leave it to them to decide but so far, those names they mentioned sounds so "Passe". Anyway, I've told her will take their names into consideration to avoid conflicts but ultimately I will still prefer to name my girl. Hey, that's a nice cross stitch u made....wish I can stitch like you. I'm hopeless when it comes to cross stitch. The back always luks very untidy.

Hi Missbluey, I'm seeing a male gynae which is just 5mins away from my house in Yishun. He is recommended by my sis as all her 3 kids were delivered by him. I hv also created another thread to seek comments about my gynae last year. Maybe you would like to check it out. His name is Dr. Hii Hoi Chin. The waiting time to see him is usually less than 1/2 an hour and I think it's not too far to travel from Hougang. BTW, I'm using Percutalfa stretch marks gel prescribed by my gynae. So far, no stretch marks yet (touch wood) and I love the fact that it's not oily. I dn't noe the cost as the clinic dn't usually issue receipts. If you want, I can check for you during my next appt.

BTW gals, Dr. Adrian Woodsworth has another clinic in Choa Chu Kang besides the seng kang branch.

Hi Fayina, I also thot of taking up bakery classes. In fact, I've signed up for one last mth at the cc near my plc but the class was cancelled cos I was the only 1 who sign up! Haiz......

Hi tinklebell, you bgt Mrs Wong's books as well? I just received mine last wkend when I signed up for the FBI. Got a shocked when I saw pix of the placenta!!! BTW, how much weight hv you gained so far? I've oredi gained 11kg now....Haiz...I can only put on 5kg more for the next 3mths....think I'll most likely go over that! So sad!

The heat is really killing...even though I'm always wearing sleeveless top, I perspire like mad!!! Wonder how I can survive for another 3 more mths!

Puretulips, don't worry about putting on weight. I put on close to 20kg when pregnant but now I'm almost back to my old weight. I delivered in january via c-section.

Hi wawapiggyling,

Congratulations on your baby boy!
Tianle must be feeling so warm in your womb..
Hang in there ya!
So happy for you.. I still have a long way to go..

Hi Sinta, welcome to this thread! Are you a SAHM? Where did u deliver yr bb? Bb boy / girl? Wow! To lose almost 20kg within 3mths is really fast? What did u do? Sorry to bombard u with so many questions...kekeke
kao_blush.gif
So anyone helping you to take care of bb?

hi Puretulips,

me also haven't start signing up for any course yet.. hee...hee...

The weather is getting more humid, me also cannot tahan liao... feel like eating ice-kachang.. can we eat? I eat ice-cream sometimes.. to cool myself..
Many people say pregnant women shouldn't take so much cold stuff.. icy drinks or others..
But me feel so tempting to take those..

Hi Fayina, I do take ice-cream and cold drinks occasionally. I guess it's ok if we take it in moderation. But I only started to take cold stuff when I entered 2nd trim just to play safe lah. How not to take cold drinks to cool ourselves down when the weather is sooo....hot! kekeke...

I'm also quite lost with all the postings....

Now i can't go to sleep even though i'm sleepy... baby's been pushing up my ribs the whole night and i feel so uncomfortable..

puretulips
perhaps u can mix and match the names given by your in-laws? As in lookking at the chinese characters individually and try to combine any 2 you like?
for cross-stitch, the back doesn't matter as no one will notice anyway.. heehee

Hi Sinta!

Fayina
before you know it, you will be like me waiting for your precious little one to arrive! meanwhile, enjoy ur pregnancy!

re: cold drinks and desserts
I guess im one of those who have no discipline.. i eat ice-kachangs and ice-cream and a lot of cooling stuff throughout my pregnancy.... opps

hee...hee...
I am glad I am not the only one who have no discipline...
Maybe will go & have my ice-kachang someday liao... ; p

Haha! Me too. And I actually ate lots of ice-cream and ice-kacang, and drank soft drinks during my pregnancy. Got craving for sweet stuffs indeed!

Hi ladies, just came bk fr my antenatal class at TMC...

Tulips, have u learnt abt babycare yet? Today's lesson was abt babycare and it is the most interesting class by Mrs Wong i've attended so far. She will be selling a few things during the class including the books that u got. I actually borrowed them fr the library and asked my hb to make a copy of them at his office, hehe... As i see a few mummies selling these books so i guess it may not be worthwhile spending on them. But i bought a pkt of swaddling/bath blanket and reusable cleaning wipes at the class.

I saw your website! I must say it is very well-done... Where did u get those beautiful merchandise from? Did u handcraft some of the pieces yourself? I think u shd let the rest of the gals here have a look! You certainly have the neck there. Why don't u revive your biz?

Ooohh... talk abt cold dessert, i had my first feast of ice-cream at Vivo Marche last night after abt 2mths. My hb was the one who tempted me. I was trying to resist taking sweet stuff for fear of gestational diabetes which can trigger premature labour. I know of 1 mummy who had a premature labour 2mths before her due date bec of GD. But i supposed occasional indulgence shd be ok right... Just like coffee and tea, there's no need to cut them out totally but take them in moderation will do. So gals, u better watch your intake while u indulge ;)

Btw, is anyone gg to the JL mega sale at expo from 04-08Apr? There's also a Mothercare Good Fri promo going on from 05-19Apr. You can find the details here: http://www.mumcentre.com/index.php?option=com_classifieds&act=events&task=details&cid=468

Hi Sinta and Tpl5! Sinta u gotta share with us your dieting tips man... losing 20kg worth of weight in 3mth is simply remarkable!

Tpl5, tell us abt yourself! Glad to make a new friend here!

Good Friday morning everyone

Frankly i too am lost wif so many postings ... but then, this is good becas we are sharing n communicating wif each other
Sometimes, I would take quite long to type msg n do postings. In the midst while typing, got to look after bb, play wif him, talk to him, pacify him etc etc. So, by the time i post, i realised, i lag behind

Hi Fayina
Glad to hear tat u hv recovered from yr cough. So, u did make the right decision to quit from yr job. Sometimes, it is stress tat is preventing us from recovering

*** As mentioned previously ***
"i delivered @ KKH. On doc advise, i delivered via C-Section (C/S). I read in the books tat because i am not tall (which indicates the pelvic size) n baby big, i will need to go thro C/S. Initially, i had reservations but come to think of it, it aint tat bad after all!
Went into delivery suite about 8 plus n was out by 12 plus. I took epidural during the process, so i was half awake. The best is when the nurse told me tat doc is taking the baby out n the next thing i heard was "Wahhhhh" n it was very loud. This is the most relieve moment ... yeaaah, baby is finally out. Then after cleaning baby, they brought him to me n i say "hello baby, welcome to the world". Thereafter, they push me to post delivery suite for observation. When everything ok, they transfer me to the ward. On the 2nd day, i managed to get up n walk round the ward ... "

Personally, i feel tat natural is best but it is really up to individual. once u C/S for 1st child, most prob, the next child would also be C/S.

Its really challenging looking after bb. No matter how much books or info u hear, it can never fully prepare u for motherhood. As long as yr priority rite, it should be easier looking after bb.

Bb is now fun to play with. The best is he responds to u when u talk to him. He will croooon, smile n even laugh ... So, who will be helping u look after bb? Where abouts r u staying?

Talking about cold stuff - i have a soft spot for chocolate n esp ice-cream. A couple of days b4 my delivery, i even went to Ben & Jerry n order 2 large scoop of ice-creams (at tat time, i was thinking : is bb shivering???) During my pregnancy, i do try to reduce cold stuff but i still eat as much.

Hi Renz
Wat a nice name for yr gal. R u a Christian? Hv u decided on the Chinese name yet? Some of my friends actually wait for bb to be born n then choose chinese name. BTW, my son name is Alexander.

Hi wawa
thanks for yr advise.

Hi Sinta
Welcome to our thread! Hey, i too delivered in Jan via CS. Which hospital did u deliver at? How is yr bb? Gal or boy? Where r u staying?

Hi Tinklebell
Is yr outing still on? Have u gals bgt materials for yr baby book. It would be so fun meeting all MTBs

Hello ladies, Happy Easter!

Hi Wawa, thanks but I don't tink I'll be using those names / characters that my in-laws suggest since it doesnt form any meaning combine with the ones I have in mind. I may also consult opinions from those names analogist after my bb arrives.

Hi tinklebell, my lesson last sat was also about babycare. It's quite interesting especially when our hubby get the chance to learn how to fold the nappies, undress the bb, bathe bb, etc. It seems so easy when Mrs Wong demonstrates how to carry bb with one hand and then to change from one hand to another hand but when I tried doing it, my left and right hands seems entangle! Must have look like an idiot! Thank God it's only a dummy bb. Kekeke. Oh ya...I also bgt the blanket and the cleaning towels since Mrs Wong said that it's of better quality and will minimise allergy. Thanks for the compliment but I think I still need to make improvements base on the feedbacks from my friends. I bgt the accessories and apparel from a supplier in Taiwan. I also have handmade accessories which I learnt at one of the accessories shop at Chinatown. Thought of reviving it but I don't think I'll hv the time to maintain it after my baby arrives. Guess shall put on hold for the time being.

Hi Poopower, since you were conscious during delivery, did you feel anything throughout the whole process? My bb is still in breech position so I thot I'll get myself prepared if I'm unable to go through natural delivery.

Hi Tpl5, welcome to this thread!

poo_power...yes my hubby & I are christian
happy.gif
but hvnt decided on the chinese name

hello sinta...welcome
happy.gif

tinklebell, i've bought most of my bb stuff durin the baby fair @ suntec, JL, Robinson & Metro sales for the past few wks. This wkend wud rather stay at home and rest
happy.gif

fayina:
oh, i thought Floxia can be bought from outside...nowadays at times i would wake up realising that i am scratching my tummy.. =_=
the frequency of tummy itchy is getting more these days..sigh..must tahan!

i intend to do natural lor, but at the same time i am quite afraid of pain..haha..contradicting me..heard natural is the best.

thanks for your help, hehe..i guess after my next visit to this doc, hubby might bring me to KKH le..perhaps going for the antenatal programme too..

Renz:
where did you buy palmer cocoa butter & how much? you mentioned that body shop will be launching their stretch marks cream soon, do they have website to view it?
thanks!

tinklebell:
already changed the settings liao, hope can receive PM...it seems a little different from other forums wor.

poo power:
i am doing ok, thanks for your concern!
i guess old folks tend to pamper on their grandchildren, especially if they love boys..mil said it will be better if we have a girl & a boy...DOTS..

yea, i could actually see bb's movements liao..so excited..haven't been able to feel its kicking/movements yet...

currently, the clinic i go to is at hougang, very near my house & we find he is good...but later on, i think we have to change doc liao as he won't be delivering my bb ma..i think we may go for KKH lor..

anyway, thanks!

puretulips:
thanks for your help...
perhaps i might ask my doc for stretch marks cream on my next visit..
if you can remember, helpe me to check out the price..thanks again!

PS: i am also taking cold drinks & ice cream! hehe...can't resist the temptation..but hubby would always try to stop me..haha.

gtg...tired sia.

Hi all

Motherhood Exhibition 7-10 Jun
Singapore EXPO Hall 5A (12-10pm)
How about a meet up?

Hi wawa
How r u feeling? excited n scared?. During my last week of preg, bb also been "stretching' himself up to my ribs too - could be the amniotic fluid is too little for bb. do take care

Hi Puretuplips
ALthough conscious, but feeling from my thigh downwards are numb. (epidural effect) So, did not feel anything when doc 'cut' me ... but during the stitching part, i somehow can feel it (do not know is my own imagination or really can feel - but it is on & off feeling)
Have to buy a binder if u having a C/S. It will help a lot in your walking (wif the wound)

BTW one of the mummies in the forum bb also had a breech position n she always tell bb to turn n finally, bb in normal position. tat y i always believe tat bb SMART ...

do take care everyone
happy.gif

puretulips
I'm also interested to take a look at your website.. can show me the link?

poo power
you are not the only one lost in the postings.. heehee.. plus the fact that you are the only mum (while the rest of us are mums-to-be), we understand you must be pretty busy with your boy as well...

thanks for the info on the wxhibition.. i hope it will not be disappointing like the last one held at suntec.. that was an utter disappointment.. my baby will be 2 mths by June, hopefully im confident enurf to bring him out by myself.. will sure join u gals if possible.. keep me updated.. hey, but then again, some of the mummies here are giving birth in june isn't it?

Hi poo-power

Wow, so glad that u have gone through it somehow..
U mean the whole surgery took about 4 hours+ ?
Me still unprepared for it...
Ya, I know natural is still the best option.. kind of worry..

What a challenging task ahead of me
Ya, have been reading but I guess I need the practical job ya..
Ooh and breast feeding process.. so afraid I cant handle & go thru the pain period (My sister-in-law & my friend told me breast feeding is a painful & terror job)
My sister-in-law bear with it for 6 mths & my friend gave up after trying so hard during first mth or the 2nd mth..
U have any difficulties so far?

Hope to set those priority like the timing to get the routine for the baby right to ease any schedule going on..
How did u do it so far?
Any advise?

I am so glad you are enjoying the process going on around you together with your baby..

Planning: After birth, I will get a CL for the first mth.. then after I will try to manage on my own.. till bb more stable
Maybe looking for a Nanny.. then will start to look for job..
If financial allows, I really wish to look after my bb till age 3.. then childcare..
My Mother working & my MIL as well
Maybe my MIL can help to take care if she retires (still dont know)
I really hope to take care on my own because I feel the first 3 years child development is very important..
I also dont wish to leave my bb with my MIL or Nanny..

I am staying in Jurong area How about you? Are we near?

hi missbluey,

I dont know whether u can get Floxia from the market or not as I also not sure Pai..seh..
Try to get a stretch mark cream to ease your itch le heehee..

Heard from a few, there are good gynea at KKH maybe u can check it out from the rest

When should we start our antenatal programme?

Good morning everyone

Wawa
R u talking about "baby care festive' held at Suntec recently? I went there as well - lousy n i ended up not buying anything at all. it was a waste of time. i even prepared to spend half a day there, instead, jus walked round the area for half hour n i went home - very disappointing.
first time i will be going to motherhood exh. - hopefully it will be good. most impt, hope to get good bargains for diapers.
ah yes, by then, yr boy will be about 2 months. will look forward to meeting u - we will have much to share since up to now, i am the only mummy tat has given birth. Yea, Puretulips n Tinklebell will be giving birth around this period...
You going for yr next check up on Wed? Hope to hear good news
happy.gif

Hi Fayina
You wanna know more about raising baby - would like to exchange with 1 box of Pampers premium ... hahaha! jus kidding. Just went to the "exchange' forum n my my, it is amazing wat ppl r exchanging or giving away free??!!
The whole surgery took at most 45 mins - its jus the pre n post op tat took longer time (most impt is no complications!) You mean u can choose whether to give birth natural or C/S at Mt A ? At KKH, i understand tat they are 100% pro natural, unless the doc advise otherwise.

Breastfeeding (bf) - initally, tried for about a week or so n even went to lactation for consultation. But bb keep crying each time he latch n delatch. the worse is MIL heart pain each time bb cry. So, in the end, i express breast milk. But hey, do try yr very best (remember to buy nipple cream) There are many mothers who hv succeeded.

Bb love routine. It took me about a mth to know bb pattern. It really depend on how bb responds before u can decide. U can try to condition bb so tat it is easier for both of u. e.g. car seat. Initially, bb was very apprehesive n it took me quite a while to convince him to sit in a car seat. i hv to coax n tell him tat it is for his own safety. Now, he knows n understands tat he has to sit in a car seat whenever we travel.

Good to hear tat u are getting help for 1st month. It is impt tat u rest becas it is a 'long-haul flight' or shall i say a never ending process.... hahhaha ... even wif bb at 2 months plus, still learning from him. its jus so amazing how precious our little one is. Do our parents feel tat way too? i mean, sometimes, it is very pressuring to ensure bb gets the best ... then again, everything is subjective.
I am staying at Yew Tee (CCK). Will u be going for Motherhood Exh? Maybe, we can arrange a meet up. Take care

poo power
yes it's that one.. i can't even remember the name of the fair... me too! i spent only half hr walking and the next hr sitting down and waiting for my husband to come and fetch me home.

yes my next checkup is coming wed... will go with a peaceful mind.. i guess i have been too excited the past few weeks that i'm kinda feeling tired that baby is still not out yet. but very soon, I'll join your rank!

I'll be moving to my parents' place for confinement.. and there's no internet connection there.. trying to fix one so that i can have access to internet while doing confinement. otherwise i'll be cut off from u gals.

talking about freebies/exchanging items in forum, anyone of you mums here taking anmum choco milk? cos I have a tin of unfinished milk powder I'll like to give away... rushed to buy it on impulse but realise i hate powdered milk,.. they make me feel like puking.. so in the end i have so much left... i also have a few packs of samples (forgot the brands) but if any of you are interested, let me know i can pass to you..

poo power,Alexander is so smart.. can understand that it's for his own safety that he needs to be belted up in a car seat.. am curious to see how he looks like.. do u mind sharing a pic of him with me?

I am in the april thread... so many mummies have given birth and are sharing their woes abt breastfeeding... it seems difficult, esp for 1st time mums... any idea what to do in times of engorgement or low milk supply?

hi all..

i just found the Palmers Cocoa Butter at watsons ($24.25)..hubby refused to let me use saying don't know safe anot (plus it is not from doc's presciption) & he heard from his colleagues that they don't have stretch marks at all..i don't really believed what he said lor, honestly..he even said haiya, even if there are stretch marks, nobody will see it...how insensitive.. =_=

so i am wondering should i start applying or should i wait unit my next visit which is in May??

sigh... =(((

fayina:
thanks!

hmm, i think we should start antenatal programme from 16th weeks onwards??? i am also unsure..

Back