Any SAHM staying at Yishun?

welcome colt!!

my edd is 19 Jan, before CNY, so I have to pay more for my confinement lady... such bad timing!

As for the name of my girl, her daddy is still fretting over it, although I have shortlisted 2 for him to choose. Dunno why it's so difficult for him to confirm! So, I'm not supposed to announce the name first... He claims choosing a name is a very sacred task! I thought men are supposed to be more decisive! It's so not him...
kao_confused2.gif

welcome to our place!
kao_welcome2.gif

Next week is probably a good time, not too close to the holiday season. how about I suggest next Wed afternoon? ix, will you be able to take leave earlier?

Hi Lachesiz,
my boy named Shawn. Pls help to update.

Glad to see that this thread seems to be growing huh.

Hi mummy69 / ecin, my elder gal is abt the same age as yr children. Are they attending any school now?

valerie,
No problem, I am free on wed. I shall bring some snacks for all mummies.
How much do you have to pay for your confinement lady during CNY? I paid $1600 for a malaysian lady but out of this amount, $300 goes to her agency.

ac and smallbell,

Me too, frequent Sunplaza almost every day. Go NTUC, fast food rest. and food court. Actually, very sick of Sun Plaza liao. Hope they upgrade soon.

hey all,

my boy's name is Noah
happy.gif
Hee...din intro in the beginning. He's still single and available. I'm a FTWM.

Jo and lachesiz,

My boy refused porridge since 1 year old. Now, pasta/ rice with soup. Soup, anyhow cook. Just make sure have meat and vege. Noah loves ABC soup. Just add carrots, sweet corn, chicken drumstick into the water and boil for an hour. Will add red dates too. Add green vege. when soup is almost ready.

He loves boiled cauliflower too.

gathering:
i will avail myself next wed (14dec). let me know if i can bring any thing..

valerie,
choosing name is always one of the things that keep us preoccupied when preggie..

augustmum,
is feeding soup messy?? thanks for sharing your menu.

UPDATED:

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD>Mummies Nick</TD><TD>B/G</TD><TD>BB DOB</TD><TD>BB age(Dec05)</TD><TD>BB Name</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>ixwong</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Aug-05</TD><TD>4m</TD><TD>Haowen</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>y </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>smallbell</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Aug-05</TD><TD>4m</TD><TD>Patrick</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>s </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>sincere</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Aug-05</TD><TD>4m</TD><TD>Yinxuan</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>y </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>cakey</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Aug-05</TD><TD>4m</TD><TD>HuiJie</TD><TD></TD><TD>y </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>twinkle22</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Jul-05</TD><TD>5m</TD><TD></TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>y </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>yippy</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Jun-05</TD><TD>6m</TD><TD>Shawn</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>y </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>char77</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>May-05</TD><TD>8m</TD><TD></TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>y </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>mashedbrocolli</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>5-Apr-05</TD><TD>8m</TD><TD>Terelle</TD><TD>WAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>stephanie</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>12-Apr-05</TD><TD>9m</TD><TD>Aaron</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>y </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>faith</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Feb-05</TD><TD>10m</TD><TD>Shanice</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>y </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>ac</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Jan-05</TD><TD>11m</TD><TD>Valarie</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>s </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>lachesiz</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Dec-04</TD><TD>12m</TD><TD>Rae-Ann</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>y </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>mngo</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Dec-04</TD><TD>12m</TD><TD>Declan</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>s </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>augustmum</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Jul-04</TD><TD>17m</TD><TD>Noah</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>s/y </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>cher</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Jul-04</TD><TD>18m</TD><TD>Gabrielle</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>EOng</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Jun-04</TD><TD>19m</TD><TD></TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>y </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>colt</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Apr-04</TD><TD>21m</TD><TD></TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>s </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Jo</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Nov-03</TD><TD>25m</TD><TD>Ryan</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>ecin</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Nov-02</TD><TD>3yr</TD><TD></TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>s </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>mummy69</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Nov-02</TD><TD>3yr</TD><TD></TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>y </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>mummy69</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Nov-00</TD><TD>5yr</TD><TD></TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>y </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>valerie</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Jan 06</TD><TD>akan datang</TD><TD></TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </td></tr></table>

y:yishun
s:sembawang

small bell, I have to pay $2200 for the confinement lady and have to give her angpao for CNY too...

Gathering:
Date: 14 Dec (Wed) afternoon
Venue: Lilydale
Avail Mommies: lachesiz, small bell, mashedbrocolli, valerie

I'll get some drinks then. so exciting! anyone else keen to join in?

lachesiz,

I have no problem feeding soup to my son. He loves soup. After every mouthful, he will open his mouth wide and goes 'haaaa' Very hilarious sight.

Btw, he loves lotus soup made by mil. He enjoys eating the lotus.

augustmum,
Have you use the new interchange yet? I quite disappointed with the few buses there.

valerie,
wow, that's alot more for CNY. Yup, in total you need to give her 3 angpao. My email is: [email protected]. Will need to get your address.

Gathering:
I will get some tibits, potato chips, crackers, etc.

hey mummys...
so is it a swimming and pig out session or just pig out? hee...;)
Shall we consolidiate who's bringing what so we wont have too much of certain items?
Valerie: Drinks
Me: Salad
Small bell: Titbits
Lachesiz: ?

Any more mummys coming? ;) we must take lots of fotos!

Gathering:

i cant cook so can i bring tidbits too? or any request that i can fulfill? (as long as i can buy/tabao :p).. val, any 'cravings'??
happy.gif

Valerie: Drinks
mashedbrocolli: Salad
Small bell: Titbits
Lachesiz: tidbits or any requests?

-so will the young ones be swimming??
-will we be at the function rm or adjourning to someones place?
-time?
mashedbrocolli, SO EXCITING TO MEET THE YISHUN mummies... must take lots of photos!

ps, wheres lilydale? is it near blk 400plus?

smallbell,
what new interchange?? u mean sembawang? where?

augustmum,
noah so cute.... now i very tempted to feed my gal soup.
happy.gif

ix,
try take leave lah...join us!

lachesiz:
my msn is [email protected], valerie's is [email protected] im online most of the time so can chat. =)

yup Lilydale is very near 400plus, where the small NTUC is.

ix: Yup take leave take leave!! =)

Shall i propose meeting up at about 3pm? If only a few mummys coming, we can meet at our place. If alot coming then we'll have to book the function room.
We can bring the kids' swimming gear, if the weather is good we can bring them downstairs. if raining then we'll just hang out and have tea. sounds good? =)

Hi, can I join all of u in this thread? I am a SAHM at Lilydale. My boy, Brandon, has just celebrated his 1 yr-old birthday 2 weeks back.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Mashedbrocolli</font> and <font color="0000ff">Valerie</font>,
We may have met each other before!

hi Bing! Welcome! hehe which block do u stay at? we're at 552.
lachesiz &amp; stephy: Sorry this afternoon i logged off msn so suddenly, my naughty girl actually disabled my internet! and i was fiddling with my com after dat, wondering wat was wrong!
Grrrrr...i must keep her away from the com oredi, she is more dangerous than a virus!!!

Hi mummies,

I'm a FTWM staying at Lilydale blk 556..My bb boy is going 5 months. Would love to join this thread.

Bing n Leann,
kao_welcome2.gif

happy belated bday to Brandon
happy.gif

seems like this thread can have a subthread "lilydale mummies"

mashedB,
seems like your gal is IT SAVVY!
it was real nice chatting wif u ladies.

GATHERING
14 DEC WED
LILYDALE
3PM(?)

1)Valerie: Drinks
2)mashedbrocolli: Salad
3)Small bell: Titbits
4)Lachesiz: tidbits or any requests?
5)stephy:eclairs

any other mommies want to join us?? pls add on to the list.

UPDATED

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD>Mummies Nick</TD><TD>B/G</TD><TD>BB DOB</TD><TD>BB age(Dec05)</TD><TD>BB Name</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>MSN </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>ixwong</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Aug-05</TD><TD>4m</TD><TD>Haowen</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>smallbell</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Aug-05</TD><TD>4m</TD><TD>Patrick</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>s</TD><TD>[email protected] </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>sincere</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Aug-05</TD><TD>4m</TD><TD>Yinxuan</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD>[email protected] </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>cakey</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Aug-05</TD><TD>4m</TD><TD>HuiJie</TD><TD></TD><TD>y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>twinkle22</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Jul-05</TD><TD>5m</TD><TD></TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Leann</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Jul-05</TD><TD>5m</TD><TD></TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>yippy</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Jun-05</TD><TD>6m</TD><TD>Shawn</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD>[email protected] </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>char77</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>May-05</TD><TD>8m</TD><TD></TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>mashedbrocolli</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>5-Apr-05</TD><TD>8m</TD><TD>Terelle</TD><TD>WAHM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD>[email protected] </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>stephanie</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>12-Apr-05</TD><TD>9m</TD><TD>Aaron</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD>[email protected] </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>faith</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Feb-05</TD><TD>10m</TD><TD>Shanice</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>ac</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Jan-05</TD><TD>11m</TD><TD>Valarie</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>s</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>lachesiz</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Dec-04</TD><TD>12m</TD><TD>Rae-Ann</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD>[email protected] </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>mngo</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Dec-04</TD><TD>12m</TD><TD>Declan</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>s</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Bing</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Nov-04</TD><TD>13m</TD><TD>Brandon</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD>[email protected] </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>augustmum</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Jul-04</TD><TD>17m</TD><TD>Noah</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>s/y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>cher</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Jul-04</TD><TD>18m</TD><TD>Gabrielle</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>EOng</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Jun-04</TD><TD>19m</TD><TD></TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>colt</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Apr-04</TD><TD>21m</TD><TD></TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>s</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Jo</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Nov-03</TD><TD>25m</TD><TD>Ryan</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>ecin</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Nov-02</TD><TD>3yr</TD><TD></TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>s</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>mummy69</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Nov-02</TD><TD>3yr</TD><TD></TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>mummy69</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Nov-00</TD><TD>5yr</TD><TD></TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>valerie</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Jan 06</TD><TD>akan datang</TD><TD></TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD>[email protected] </TD></TR><TR><TD> </td></tr></table>

Small Bell,

Have not tried the new interchange yet.

Do you know of any place interesting to take babies to in Sembawang?

Lachesiz,

Ya, noah's quite cute at times. Go try to feed your baby soup.

Hi mons,

Wont be joining the gathering. have a wonderful time!

hi lach and the rest of mummies here,
i'm also sahm but not staying at wdlands, this thread is nearest to me though, i'm at woodlands. eligible to join
happy.gif

if not, think i got to start a new thread on sahm woodlands. heehee..

GATHERING
14 DEC WED
LILYDALE
3PM(?)

3)Small bell: Chocolate, potato chips, prawn crackers.
4)Lachesiz: tidbits or any requests?

Welcome Bing and Leann!!!

lachesiz,
the new interchange is next to Sun plaza. Buses limited (882,167, 859, 980 and 981)Where is bottletree village?

augustmum,
good question, I am also looking for places to take baby. Do u go to sembawang beach or zoo often?

WELCOME RIBENA..
this thread welcome all northfolks.. SAHM/FTWM ..
come join us on 14.
have added u n ernest in list
happy.gif

smallbell,
i have been wanting to go there too... its near semb beach.. its a restaurant n the owner esp brought in the trees from australia!! shape like bottles! very interesting.
u drive rite?
*can take a nice lunch at semb golf club (i think thats the day) opp Khatib camp. the food is good n reasonably price, can see greenery n ple golf, then theres a sheltered playground for kids..

*zoo is an excellent place to bring ur bb esp we live so near to it. when my gal is older, will become FOZ.
*woodlands has an excellent park for children! opp this condo (???) ribena, wats the name??
*yishun park is good too.
*safra yishun is fun for kids too.
*sungei buloh (take a nice morning nature walk)
*have u check out the farms at LCK? just further up sungei buloh. MARINE FISH n CORALS , ornamental fish, Plants, Bull Frogs.

i know these places arent at sembawang, but its nearby n coz u drive, so its actually very near.
happy.gif
.. need tour guide? lol

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD>Mummies Nick</TD><TD>B/G</TD><TD>BB DOB</TD><TD>BB age(Dec05)</TD><TD>BB Name</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>MSN </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>ixwong</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Aug-05</TD><TD>4m</TD><TD>Haowen</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>smallbell</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Aug-05</TD><TD>4m</TD><TD>Patrick</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>s</TD><TD>[email protected] </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>sincere</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Aug-05</TD><TD>4m</TD><TD>Yinxuan</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD>[email protected] </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>cakey</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Aug-05</TD><TD>4m</TD><TD>HuiJie</TD><TD></TD><TD>y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>twinkle22</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Jul-05</TD><TD>5m</TD><TD></TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Leann</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Jul-05</TD><TD>5m</TD><TD></TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>yippy</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Jun-05</TD><TD>6m</TD><TD>Shawn</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD>[email protected] </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>char77</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>May-05</TD><TD>8m</TD><TD></TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>mashedbrocolli</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>5-Apr-05</TD><TD>8m</TD><TD>Terelle</TD><TD>WAHM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD>[email protected] </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>stephanie</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>12-Apr-05</TD><TD>9m</TD><TD>Aaron</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD>[email protected] </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Ribena</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>15-Mar-05</TD><TD>9m</TD><TD>Ernest</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>w</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>faith</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Feb-05</TD><TD>10m</TD><TD>Shanice</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>ac</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Jan-05</TD><TD>11m</TD><TD>Valarie</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>s</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>lachesiz</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Dec-04</TD><TD>12m</TD><TD>Rae-Ann</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD>[email protected] </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>mngo</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Dec-04</TD><TD>12m</TD><TD>Declan</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>s</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Bing</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Nov-04</TD><TD>13m</TD><TD>Brandon</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD>[email protected] </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>augustmum</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Jul-04</TD><TD>17m</TD><TD>Noah</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>s/y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>cher</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Jul-04</TD><TD>18m</TD><TD>Gabrielle</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>EOng</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Jun-04</TD><TD>19m</TD><TD></TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>colt</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Apr-04</TD><TD>21m</TD><TD></TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>s</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Jo</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Nov-03</TD><TD>25m</TD><TD>Ryan</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>ecin</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Nov-02</TD><TD>3yr</TD><TD></TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>s</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>mummy69</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Nov-02</TD><TD>3yr</TD><TD></TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>mummy69</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Nov-00</TD><TD>5yr</TD><TD></TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>valerie</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Jan 06</TD><TD>akan datang</TD><TD></TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>y</TD><TD>[email protected] </TD></TR><TR><TD> </td></tr></table>

Mummies
you gals go ahead for wed gathering. Me cannot take leave cos all mtg lined up liao....never mind, we'll meet at next gathering!

hi mummies,

i will try to take off for the gathering on wed.
will update you on monday.

Augustmum
Thks for the recipe : )

Welcome Ribena!
Of course you can join us, doesn't matter where you stay.

lachesiz,
thanks for your recommendation. Didn't know there's so many great places to visit in this area. Will give the rest. at sembawang beach a try. Maybe next gathering can be to the zoo or picnic in park.

ix, that's alright, join us next time.

Jo, sure hope you can join the gathering.

Can I come over earlier as my kids normally take their nap around 3-4pm or I could join later?

I could bring some fruits.

Lach and Small Bell,
thanks for the warm welcome!
happy.gif

wah lach, you know me quite well, even know Ernest's dob!! *touched*
you mean woodlands crescent park is it? you have so many ideas where to bring bb! oh so northfolks can join har, good good..thanks for adding me in the list.
wink.gif

hope to know more mummies here! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Welcome Leann and Ribena.
happy.gif

Mummies,
I am staying at the same block as Leann, 556.
happy.gif
But I will not be able to make it for the gathering on 14th Wed 3pm. Brandon will be having his afternoon nap. Would like to meet all of u in person next round.

Update on gathering!!
3)Small bell: Chocolate, potato chips, prawn crackers.
4)Lachesiz: cake
6)Mummy69: fruits
wow the guestlist is growing!! yaaay...the 3pm timing is just a rough gauge, pls feel free to drop by anytime b4 or after that time as your kids direct. ;)
bing,
u can come over when brandon wakes up. anyway we're just 2min away. =)

hi lachesiz,
CK is a grocery shop like 'ABC' or 'ShengSong' but only sell dry goods (no veg or meat etc.). It also sells some children clothes (nice dress at $5) and ah-ma clothes
happy.gif
The price is comparable to Shengsong and giant.

The bottletree village seems interesting. Hope to visit it one day
happy.gif

Stephy,
aaron so cute, n his new galfren so 'chio' :p

ribena,
happy.gif

cakey,
thanks! i am a real mountain tortoise! will check it out!

places to check out:
*just further down OCC, is XXX reservoir. nice.
bring your bb there at nite/evening (if daynite too hot) n u can see ple/family fishing/bbq n sometimes those stereo fanatics will be there in their vans packed with their boomboxes!! very interesting (at least to me!)

*this is bottletree
345852.jpg

*checkout pierce reservoir(?)or instead of thomson road, take the reservoir road n you will def be treated to MONKEYS! slow down n check out the harems.. very cute, got grandfather monkey to bb monkey. no need go zoo!

we are very lucky that we stay in this side of spore as there are many reservoirs around.
(ps: i am bad with roadnames so info might be incorrect :p)

Sorry I cant make it to the gathering as I cant take leave during December period cos is my peak period. Will join u mummies next time ya.

Sure then! Will drop by if Brandon wakes up. But we need to leave abt 4pm for another appointment. :p

Thanks for the invitation.

ya we're indeed blessed with alot of greenary nearby. I'm staying besides khatip mrt and behind my block, further down is a nice reservoir.. the lower seletar reservoir. I even went to take some wedding photos there during my wedding AD hehe..

Hi girls,
Am quite fed up today so must complain abit...
whenever my mum/aunty carries terelle, she will cry non stop but not because she's scared, its cos she's v uncomfortable cos they are v rough with her. Then when i tell them not to be so rough, they will say things like "aiyah where got rough? last time we carry u oso like that!" they think they have a lot of experience and i dun dare to say much....i shudder to think how i might have felt if i was treated this way last time, maybe i could have been smarter if not for the way they shook me around??!!

they are really quite rough, they will literally squash their faces into terelle's face, and shake her sometimes, or swing her up and down, im so scared they will miscue and plonk her on the floor
she will wail and wail...i so heart pain...then they will go "how can like that? aiyoh must let her get used to us more!!" and continue to carry her and torture her, even when i tell them she doesnt like it and want to carry her back.

pls tell me wat to do? it happened again so that's why im quite fed up now...what would u all do?
sorry for the rambling...=(

mashedbrocolli,
Yes can understand how you feel. Older folks like to swing baby up and down. They take it as a playtime for the bb. If you stop them, they will say you don't trust them. I am not sure what you can do. But if it's for me, I will just close one eye.

mashedB,

likewise, can empathise when family members, esp the older gen, do things differently. depends on ur relationship, can tell them not to coz ".... give some scientific explantion lor.. or say pd says..." or tell them ur gal has nite tremors after being swung by them!
sometimes, i use that on my elder folks.. "PD says cannot coz..." or i tell them "aiyo, u never read the papers meh, got this case hor...and then the bb hor... so sad..."

but abt swinging bb, its ok if do it gently but dun throw them too high..
read in the papers this sad case last yr:
-in XXX, this truck driver was travelling along a very rocky path for more than a couple of hours, his less than a yr old bb was next to him. the bb died tat day as there was too much 'trauma' to his brain coz of the intense 'rocking motion.'

of course this is an EXTREME CASE....

BUT studies have shown that GENTLE ROCKING is good for bb brain development (as in rocking horse). rocking ur bb is strongly encouraged! some hospitals do that for their patients

erm, dunno if i make any sense.

mashedbrocolli,
haiyo i can understand your frustrations, cos my MIL and my sister handle my bb quite roughly too. i know they don't mean it, but we're just so helpless standing there watching right? i agree with lach, sometimes we need to "borrow" other pple's names like pd, doctor says cannot this, no good. tell them nicely that you agree with them they have experience, but from what u observe, terelle don't like it that way. cool down ya
happy.gif

lach,
yes i've been to bottle tree village, vry relaxing place.

i see that there's a gathering on this wed. is it going to be the first time you girls are mtg? i sure do hope to meet you girls soon!!

yo gals,

so is the gathering tmr confirmed? though i won't be able to make (coz' working mah) but plzzzzz... take lotsa pictures and share with us who cant make it, okie?

btw, i'll be on 1 mth unpaid leave starting from 23rd Dec. will bring my girl back to my hometown in m'sia for the first time and will be back only in early feb. looking forward for my break! yippie! maybe we'll have another gathering after feb, yeah? hehe... wanna meet up wif yishun mummies n babies...

Back