Any SAHM or MTB staying around Farrer Park area

Hi! I've quit my job to take care of my baby girl, she's now two months old. Plan to stay home for at least six months, longer if we can afford it. I live in Little India, I'm five minutes away from both the Farrer Park and Little India stations. Send me a private message if you'd like to chat more!

I had sent you a pte message
happy.gif
. Me also quit for about one year plus. I have a baby boy and he is one year old now.

Hello Mommies
Can I join too, though i m a FTWM? My boy is 10.5 months old..I m staying at Buffalo Road.. very near to Farrer Park..
happy.gif

Hi lling! Sorry, I didn't get your private message
sad.gif
Do you intend to go back to work when your boy is 18mths old? I'm having a hard time justifying to the older generation (suprisingly) why I've chosen to take a break to be at home with my baby girl.

Funny: do you send your girl to childcare? I think the closest ones to our area are KKH Learning Vision and Pat's Schoolhouse, but I haven't gone to check them out yet.

Also everyone, is there a good PD nearby? I've seen recommendations on other postings for a Dr Ong (Aglow) at United Sq, but have never been there.

Hi yellowpower,

I intend to send my girl to half day CC next yr. Have already registered at Learning Vision at Gentle road behind revenue house.

I also see the PD at United Sq, Dr Ong. To me he is very patient and answer all your questions.

Do you stay near Sandy ?

Hi Sandy,

It's me ! Gina. How are you ? I always hope to gather some mummies near our area. Do u still work at AMK ? Me now working at AMK.

Hello Gina
Nice meeting U here... how are U and yr bb doing?

Not AMK but Jl Pemimpin - closer to Bishan / Marymount.. which part of AMK are u working at?

Ya lor.. it would be fun to meet up with mommies around our area...
happy.gif

Hi Sandy,

very fast hor, yr end is coming and your boy is coming 1 yr old. Who is looking after your boy now ? Btw your boy's name ?

I am now at AMK ind park 2.

Hi Sandy & Gina, thanks for your replies!

I'm not sure where Buffalo Road is... I'm just behind Foo Chow Methodist Church along Race Course Road.

Sandy: Does your son attend a playgroup/infantcare centre, or is he home with a caregiver?

My husband and I are not keen on getting a maid, and there are family problems on my end, so no help there, while my husband's mum works full-time.

Hi Gina
My MIL & my maid is looking after my son - EnEn (Ernest)...
happy.gif

Hi yellowpower
Buffalo Road is where Tekka Market is.. i roughly know where U stay liao.. hehe..

My son is taken care by my maid & MIL..
happy.gif

My gal is attending a playgroup at GUG every weekend.

yellowpower,
do you intend to put your bb at infantcare ?

sandy,
so your mil is at your house ?
talking about tekka mkt, i have not been there for some time.

Gina
my MIL has a unit just 2 floor below us.. so quite convenient lor..

if U do pop by tekka market, do give me call and maybe we can meet there for a bite.. or can come up to my house with yr gal too..
happy.gif

I just joined this forum today and found this thread by chance, Im a SAHM and have a 4 month old gal, I live in the same estate as you, yellowpower! Will be nice if we can all meet up sometime : )

wow great to see that this thread's active!

aesop: cool! hehe the sunday crowds are something else huh? was shocked by the extent of the crowds initially, but after a year, am used to it already.

gina: am considering infantcare, but would prefer to stay home until baby's 18mths old... depends on whether I can get enough freelance work to allow me to stay home. *fingers crossed*

Hello aesop & littlefire
welcome welcome...
happy.gif

mommies
maybe we can organise a gathering soon.. me looking forward to meet with my neighbours..
happy.gif

Sandy: A gathering sounds fun! I know this organisation called Parentlink that organises regular "coffee mornings" for mums.

We could do something similar -- breakfast at one of the eateries around our area where we can meet to seek advice, exchange parenting tips, or just let off steam!

Hi everyone!

yellowpower: Do you mean u r having problems with MIL when you say having a hard time justifying to the older generation? I am working part time now. My PD is Dr Ong (Aglow) at United Sq. His price a bit on the high side but I agree with funny that he answer all your questions and is patient.

Funny: Hi which blk do you live?

So nice to know all the neighbours here.
happy.gif

Welcome aesop and littlefire.

Happy that this thread is getting active.

Since we stay close to each other. we can meet on weekday after work just for the mummies and weekend for the babes and toddlers.

ling,
i stay at blk 11. how abt u ? I know another mummy staying at blk 13.

Sandy,

super convenient. that's good.

hello mummies, tks for the warm welcome
happy.gif

hey funny, i am also at blk 11 but currently staying with MIL, also very near farrer park mrt exit B

and funny and lling, my ds pd also dr ong.
must agree he ex worse my bb got to see almost every month
sad.gif

did you give your bb the phemoccoal jab?

I didn't cos i consult another docter. I find out that he is too ex cos he charge double the price.
Actually if you know wat jab to give your baby. Normal docter can provide too and at much cheaper rates. I give birth at TMC. How about you?

Hi lling! Oh no, I meant the older generation in general. Even old taxi drivers who find out that I've quit my job will give their two cents' worth about how I wasted my maternity benefits, etc.
happy.gif

Littlefire,
same blk as me, so your mil is looking after your bb. how old is your darling ?
I have taken the jab already.

Ling,
I heard from my brother that there is a range from $120 to $180. Not sure what's the diff.
I very lazy and since i can claim from my co, did not bother to find out more.

I gave birth at TMC too.

lling, cos my ds sensitive skin lah, sensitive stomach, prolong jaundice lah, many so small small problems when he is small, and has been seeing dr ong since, so dh feel better not try other dr. he very ks one lah
funny,you haf taken the jab with dr ong? any side effect? my ds is coming to one next week so i intend to jab him after his chicken pox jab
heehee, also need less jab after one

Ling,

I work in a US firm so may be the benefits are better.

Littlefire,

I took the jab with dr ong. 1st jab was ok. 2nd jab after the 3 or 4th days, develop very high fever till i need to send her to kkh. but after the blood test done, kkh said is not due to the jab is just some viruses attack. so i am still very puzzle...

Sandy,

The jab is about $160 exclude consultation. If you give the jab after 2 yrs old is only 1. Before is 2 jabs. If you are not planning to send Ernest to CC probably can delay for 1 yr. Anyway the best is to check with your PD.

Littlefire,

When was that ? i took just about 2-3 months ago. Probably now getting common so is cheaper.

Gina
Thanks for yr info on the pneumococcal jab.. Our PD also charge $160 per jab.. we intend to give Ernest this jab when he is 12 months old so he will only have to jab twice..

littlefire
maybe $200 inclusive of consultation??

funny, it was quite recent when quote me $200/- maybe like sandy suggested, its inclusive of consultation bah...
any of the mummies here still breastfeeding?

hi hi, im still checking out this thread but haven't got anything to contribute abt jabs.

it seems there's no mention of meeting, im SAHM so time and day to meet is quite flexible.

hi funny,
not yet... wanted to bring him last week then he down with runny nose. so got to wait for him to recover.

hey mummies, i am getting worried. my son is 12mth 7 days. and his weight is only abt 9kg. and he very kateh. is he consider underweight? i checked his growth assessment and he is below 50th percentile
sad.gif
how?? i totally bf him for one year then i see him so skinny i started him on fm now.
how can i make him fat and chubby ???

hi, im not the expert on babies cos i only hv one dd aged 4.5 months. she is on total bf as well and when i brought her for her checkup yesterday, her weight was at 50th percentile. im not too worried even tho she is not v chubby compared to others cos she is a very bright, alert and happy baby. i think you could bring him for a checkup and see what the pd says?

so long as your son is happy and healthy, i dont think there's any cause for concern. a pd i used to see told me very chubby babies are in fact overweight due to overfeeding of fm. they may look cute but it can lead to weight problems later in their lives.

i dont believe fm will make babies chubbier anyway. my sil's 1st ds was on fm and totally skinny and small for his age. i think it may depend on genes as well.

Morning mommies...

Wishing you and your family a happy & blessed new year 2007!!

Gina
How are U n bb doing?? Shall we organise a CNY gathering so that all of us can meet up??

hihi,
me too..i stay at farrer park.me blk 12
maybe we would have seen each other b4
happy.gif

Back