Any reviews on PEM Confinement Agency?

Hi all,

I am a mummy myself and has the same worry as u all do. I always worry whether if the confinement nanny is experience anot, will she take good care of baby, need to be on monitoring, is she lazy etc etc...

I had just finish my confinement and must say that my cl is still as good. This is my 2nd child, and I am engaging her for a 2nd time after 6yrs.

Disclaimer: I am not in any way related to her. just thought that since I hv a good confinement nanny why not share with the mummies here who want to do a good confinement.

I have very good impression of her because of the following:-

1. She take good care of my baby 24/7.
2. She will inform me of what can eat n can't and also will remind me what can do and cannot.
Sometimes if I hv queries, I will ask her and she will advise me. But based on mutual understanding that since I engage cl then I will listen to her advise and also we are open for discussion if any situation corps up (eg different expectations n way of handling babies)
3. She will help me save $$ when doing marketing and buying herbs in sense that she will not spend on the most expensive stuff with no value to mummy.
4. She is a great cook and I can request for food I like and she will cook it in confinement method. (Sometime my mum n relative will drop by n they will pinch on the food and all comment nice).
5. On my 1st week visit to pd, pd already comment that my baby has already increase in weight and is heavier than birth weight. (Baby wt normally drops few days after delivery). PD told me that my baby is in good hands and ask me not to worry.
6. My baby has slight jaundice n she will use her traditional method to help reduce which will be cleared before 2nd visit to pd.
7. She cooks for my family n keeps the area clean to where the baby goes.
8. She helps to wash baby n my clothes.
9. She talks and entertain my baby and my baby listens to her. (U may not believe but she really has a way with baby and that is the reason I engage her service 2nd time on private basis.

Mummies if u are interested and would like to find out more, you may pm me for her details.

Wish and hope all have a smooth n safe delivery.
Can I have her contact please.

Hi all,

I am a mummy myself and has the same worry as u all do. I always worry whether if the confinement nanny is experience anot, will she take good care of baby, need to be on monitoring, is she lazy etc etc...

I had just finish my confinement and must say that my cl is still as good. This is my 2nd child, and I am engaging her for a 2nd time after 6yrs.

Disclaimer: I am not in any way related to her. just thought that since I hv a good confinement nanny why not share with the mummies here who want to do a good confinement.

2. She will inform me of what can eat n can't and also will remind me what can do and cannot.
Sometimes if I hv queries, I will ask her and she will advise me. But based on mutual understanding that since I engage cl then I will listen to her advise and also we are open for discussion if any situation corps up (eg different expectations n way of handling babies)
3. She will help me save $$ when doing marketing and buying herbs in sense that she will not spend on the most expensive stuff with no value to mummy.
4. She is a great cook and I can request for food I like and she will cook it in confinement method. (Sometime my mum n relative will drop by n they will pinch on the food and all comment nice).
5. On my 1st week visit to pd, pd already comment that my baby has already increase in weight and is heavier than birth weight. (Baby wt normally drops few days after delivery). PD told me that my baby is in good hands and ask me not to worry.
6. My baby has slight jaundice n she will use her traditional method to help reduce which will be cleared before 2nd visit to pd.
9. She talks and entertain my baby and my baby listens to her. (U may not believe but she really has a way with baby and that is the reason I enjoy gage her service 2nd time on private basis.

Mummies if u are interested and would like to find out more, you may pm me for her details.

Hi happimay,

can you please give me her contacts? Thank you!

Dear happimy,

Appreciate if you can give me her contact and CL code pls as I m looking for a Confinement lady urgently. My initial booked CL suddenly cant make it and its so disappointing leaving me to find a new one at the last stage.

Thanks for your help and if any mummies have any gd CL to recommend, pls PM me @ 94360172. Thanks so much.

Rgds
Vivadew

We had a really good nanny called Jin Jie 金姐 from PEM agency.

Like many others, we were worried about getting a CL from agency after reading some bad reviews. But it was the CNY period so we didn't want to risk having freelance CLs cancelling on us last minute.

So anyway we got a CL through PEM and I agree the sales rep didn't impress me. The good thing, though, was being able to describe our needs which were pretty simple, mainly to take care of mom and can cook well, since we wanted to take care of baby ourselves.

Turns out our CL could cook well, takes care of mom, baby and even volunteers to help with other chores. She was very hardworking.

We couldn't have asked for a better CL. We can't speak for the agency as a whole, but 90% recommendation for our CL.

PM if you are keen to find out her code.

(Note: we corrected to 90% as some may find that she eats too much and cooks too much - basically use a lot of ingredients. We personally don't mind, but if you do then she is probably not for you)

Can PM the code please? Thank you!

I used PEM and honestly, it's abit of heng suay. Mine was just alright. She did what she is supposed to do but didn't really engage me or teach me how to care for baby and all. Cooking so so, sometimes abit blur, like can't understand/hear what I said.

But she was quite good with the baby. But if I am doing confinement again, I will not go for PEM if I still want to go through Agency.

I used PEM and honestly, it's abit of heng suay. Mine was just alright. She did what she is supposed to do but didn't really engage me or teach me how to care for baby and all. Cooking so so, sometimes abit blur, like can't understand/hear what I said.

But she was quite good with the baby. But if I am doing confinement again, I will not go for PEM if I still want to go through Agency.

I also went thru PEM. I tried getting those CL with a lot of good reviews but they all not available, ended up getting one that is ok(in terms of review). in my opinion, she's not very good, not very hygienic. after cooking she never really clean the kitchen, so whole kitchen floor and table is quite oily. her cleaning of bottles and baby stuffs also not very proper. and during her stay she keeps asking me to do a review for her on FB, so ended up I have no choice to give her a good review so she don't pester me everyday for it and well cause my daughter still under her care. and end of the confinement few days before she's leaving, theres a PEM feedback form(its like those rating of 1-5 thingy) on her that she gave to me, I give decent reviews on her mostly 4(80%) and some 3, not one point is below 3, it was given back to her sealed in an PEM envelop that she gave to me. the day before she left, she confronted me with the feedback form and asked why I think she nv do a good job, apparently not happy about her score.

So yeah, it really depends on the luck. even if you see them having good reviews doesn't mean all of them are genuine..

Hi everyone, just sharing my experience with PEM thus far- I wrote in to enquire about their confinement nanny packages, only to find myself bombarded with phone calls by this lady named "hui" who, at the very first point of my enquiry, already wanted me to lock down a date for their consultant to meet me to finalize the arrangement. I told her that I had to discuss further with my husband and family members since we are engaging an "outsider" to live in our home (this is my first child) and we have never experienced this before and even told her the date i will get back to her. The days after that was just simply overwhelming. Despite already telling her I will get back to her by a certain date, she made calls after calls during the time when I was at work just to "check with me" to lock down a date to meet with the consultant (and at my house some more). Definitely not a good first time impression at all.. Now having second thoughts on getting a nanny from their agency. But it seems like they have quite a lot of good reviews of their confinement nannies on facebook?
Hi
I'm also getting irritated with the same person Hui from PEM! Not very savvy and cannot seem to understand that I am not based in SG... kept asking for an face to face appointment when I told her 3 times I'm not physically in SG...so now having second thoughts about the quality of this company .. what if everyone is like that. It will drive me mad not to mention cause extra frustration....
Sorry had to rant and would appreciate some alterations suggestions too!

I also had very bad experience with the sales staff and CL from PEM. First was the pushy sales staff whom wanted your commitment even on your first enquiry. I fallen out the first staff and think of dropping off getting the CL. However, my gynea told me that my bb is breech and confirmed that requires a c-section. I called up the agency again, this time, a different sales staff attended me. Initially, She told me that there isn't any experience CL available during my EDD period( end Mar'16) and that all has been booked. The very next day, the sales staff called and told me that she has got a CL available for me. Luckily, i committed a 2 weeks contract instead of a month. The cl that they assigned to me really horrible. As this is my third child, i definitely got my way of taking my newborn. She claimed that she has 6 yrs of experience and insisted her way of taking care the newborn. When i wrapped her up like what she was in hospital. She will removed the little bean spout pillow on her stomach and unwrapped her and told me that nobody is doing this nowaday. She always rushed thing through and wanted to get it done asap so that she can play with her phone. Her cooking was suck too. What worst was she boiled my costly herbal soup with pieces of plastic sheet in it and had been broil for 1 to 2 hrs. She mopped my 5 rm flat within 15mins with 1 hand and never rinse the mop before cleaning another area. She refused to sleep on the mattress instead she lie on the floor and told me that it's more cooling to sleep in that way. I told her i can on the air-con as the weather was pretty hot during that period. She told me that if i on it, she will sleep in the living room instead as she cannot take it. She will come in only when my bb need to be feed. She even told me that she has been idling at her hometown for 2months without any assignment. On the 5th day morning, she told me that she is falling sick and asked me to inform my agent to sent a replacement. It was a sunday i remembered. She immediately went to shower and got herself changed and insisted to go to the agency to collect her passport. That was even before 8 am when the agency only open at 9am. She didn't even wait for me to inform the agency and went off after both of us agreed on the amount of the assignment fee. After this encounter , i did not neg. for a replacement even i am entitled to. Instead of having good rest, i got more issue to handle. My bb of 3 month got difficulties of getting to sleep as she startled easily and in turn getting very cranky and difficult to handle. :(

Nightmare! You should name and shame the CL. Very unprofessiona!

Hi all,

9. She talks and entertain my baby and my baby listens to her. (U may not believe but she really has a way with baby and that is the reason I engage her service 2nd time on private basis.

Hi all,

Hi happimay,

Could you pm me your CL's contact?
my wife is expecting a 2nd child & her edd is in Apr 2018.
Thanks a lot :)

Hi all,

Can u help to let me know her name? i wish to appoint her if possible

Like many others, we were worried about getting a CL from agency after reading some bad reviews. But it was the CNY period so we didn't want to risk having freelance CLs cancelling on us last minute.

So anyway we got a CL through PEM and I agree the sales rep didn't impress me. The good thing, though, was being able to describe our needs which were pretty simple, mainly to take care of mom and can cook well, since we wanted to take care of baby ourselves.

Turns out our CL could cook well, takes care of mom, baby and even volunteers to help with other chores. She was very hardworking.

We couldn't have asked for a better CL. We can't speak for the agency as a whole, but 90% recommendation for our CL.

(Note: we corrected to 90% as some may find that she eats too much and cooks too much - basically use a lot of ingredients. We personally don't mind, but if you do then she is probably not for you)

Hi mummy,
Pm please!

Hi mummy
Pls PM her number pls, thanks!

I booked a CL through PEM. Agree that their sales staff are very pushy. When I emailed to enquire on rates, a girl immediately called me back and insisted on arranging for a sales consultant to meet me at my place on the very same day. Explained that I needed my husband to sit down too and he's out of town and she kept bugging me to lock in a date either that day or the next. She even said that the discounted price is only valid till tomorrow and thereafter the price will increase. Told her it's ok and I will call back as and when I wish to meet because I really need to get my husband involved and if it means an increase of $300, so be it. After which, I received an email from them few days later saying they are fully booked. I replied to the email saying I was about to contact them for an appointment but it's ok since they are fully booked and I will look elsewhere. The girl replied immediately that someone cancelled their booking and they have one last slot for me. Sounds a little BS but I went ahead to make an appointment coz I couldn't get another affordable agency as they are all fully booked.

One thing I don't understand their inflexibility to only meet at a house or void deck. I tried to arrange to meet in a mall's Starbucks but was told that they don't do mall meetups. Explained that we do not need them to buy us any drink or whatsoever but just that it will be more convenient for us as it is near our work places and we need not rush home for the meeting. Nevertheless, they refused and we had to compromise to do it at a void deck.

Sales consultant is also very pushy to sell us the herbal and massage packages. Told him we do not need both as we are getting our own. He persistently insist that we get the herbal package as a backup since it is refundable and went ahead to issue an invoice without our consent. We paid for it anyway since it is refundable.

Now I am keeping my fingers crossed that the CL will be good!
I booked a CL through PEM. Agree that their sales staff are very pushy. When I emailed to enquire on rates, a girl immediately called me back and insisted on arranging for a sales consultant to meet me at my place on the very same day. Explained that I needed my husband to sit down too and he's out of town and she kept bugging me to lock in a date either that day or the next. She even said that the discounted price is only valid till tomorrow and thereafter the price will increase. Told her it's ok and I will call back as and when I wish to meet because I really need to get my husband involved and if it means an increase of $300, so be it. After which, I received an email from them few days later saying they are fully booked. I replied to the email saying I was about to contact them for an appointment but it's ok since they are fully booked and I will look elsewhere. The girl replied immediately that someone cancelled their booking and they have one last slot for me. Sounds a little BS but I went ahead to make an appointment coz I couldn't get another affordable agency as they are all fully booked.

One thing I don't understand their inflexibility to only meet at a house or void deck. I tried to arrange to meet in a mall's Starbucks but was told that they don't do mall meetups. Explained that we do not need them to buy us any drink or whatsoever but just that it will be more convenient for us as it is near our work places and we need not rush home for the meeting. Nevertheless, they refused and we had to compromise to do it at a void deck.

Sales consultant is also very pushy to sell us the herbal and massage packages. Told him we do not need both as we are getting our own. He persistently insist that we get the herbal package as a backup since it is refundable and went ahead to issue an invoice without our consent. We paid for it anyway since it is refundable.

Now I am keeping my fingers crossed that the CL will be good!

hi wenlilycious, may i know how did it turn out? could you share who was your CL and whether she's recommended or not? thanks! :)

I just finished confinement using PEM. Request for experience and tell them yr requirement like age etc..
My CL was v.experience and nice. Even baby's PD say she clean bb's umbilcord very clean.

may i know what is her name? :)

I just finished confinement using PEM. Request for experience and tell them yr requirement like age etc..
My CL was v.experience and nice. Even baby's PD say she clean bb's umbilcord very clean.
Hi, can I have her code or name pls? Thanks!

Hi can i PM you for her code?

Hi all,

hi may I know whats the details of your confinement lady. i tried to start a conversation with you but it could not be sent out. could you please WhatsApp me at 91803522. thanks so much.

Hi can i PM you for her code?
I also had very bad experience with the sales staff and CL from PEM. First was the pushy sales staff whom wanted your commitment even on your first enquiry. I fallen out the first staff and think of dropping off getting the CL. However, my gynea told me that my bb is breech and confirmed that requires a c-section. I called up the agency again, this time, a different sales staff attended me. Initially, She told me that there isn't any experience CL available during my EDD period( end Mar'16) and that all has been booked. The very next day, the sales staff called and told me that she has got a CL available for me. Luckily, i committed a 2 weeks contract instead of a month. The cl that they assigned to me really horrible. As this is my third child, i definitely got my way of taking my newborn. She claimed that she has 6 yrs of experience and insisted her way of taking care the newborn. When i wrapped her up like what she was in hospital. She will removed the little bean spout pillow on her stomach and unwrapped her and told me that nobody is doing this nowaday. She always rushed thing through and wanted to get it done asap so that she can play with her phone. Her cooking was suck too. What worst was she boiled my costly herbal soup with pieces of plastic sheet in it and had been broil for 1 to 2 hrs. She mopped my 5 rm flat within 15mins with 1 hand and never rinse the mop before cleaning another area. She refused to sleep on the mattress instead she lie on the floor and told me that it's more cooling to sleep in that way. I told her i can on the air-con as the weather was pretty hot during that period. She told me that if i on it, she will sleep in the living room instead as she cannot take it. She will come in only when my bb need to be feed. She even told me that she has been idling at her hometown for 2months without any assignment. On the 5th day morning, she told me that she is falling sick and asked me to inform my agent to sent a replacement. It was a sunday i remembered. She immediately went to shower and got herself changed and insisted to go to the agency to collect her passport. That was even before 8 am when the agency only open at 9am. She didn't even wait for me to inform the agency and went off after both of us agreed on the amount of the assignment fee. After this encounter , i did not neg. for a replacement even i am entitled to. Instead of having good rest, i got more issue to handle. My bb of 3 month got difficulties of getting to sleep as she startled easily and in turn getting very cranky and difficult to handle. :(

hi could you please pm me which CL so that I can make sure I do not get her. or you can WhatsApp me 91803522. thanks so much

Hi all,

Hi
Pls pm me her details. Thanks!!

Could you share what is Jin Jie's code?

I felt so comforted during my confinement and would like to share to all mothers here who may need the help I have received.

I am thankful to my nanny Shirley Goh for being a responsible and trustworthy confinement nanny. She handles little one well and cooks delicious foods. Being a mother of 3, there were times when I had to leave nanny to care for my little one while I am out with the other 2 kids (bringing them to see doctor, back home from childcare etc.) or running errands. I am able to do all that knowing that I could trust Auntie Shirley with my baby. Glad that we extended her service for another month (total of 59days). She has been a great help.

Auntie Shirley is from Confinement Angels and trained by Dr Wong Boh Boi which I feel it's very good.

But I think, need to call and book early to get Auntie Shirley.

I will NEVER EVER look for PEM anymore. I will either look for confinement angel or star confinement instead. Pls boycott PEM and trust me they don’t send you a good one even they promise you unless you’re really lucky to have met a good nanny. Told them very clearly what we need and how we want the nanny to help us during my ever 1st confinement.

PEM sent a worthless and useless nanny who doesn’t know how to cook a simple dish of confinement food (throughout whole month I didn’t eat any confinement food coz it’s all usual home cooked food only) and spoilt all my high end crockeries and never once wash the toilets, no mopping of floor once for entire 1 month, further more she asked me to carry a heavy tub of water myself to bathe which I am not supposed to do so yet I did my own self!!! FYI I spent $3500 because it’s within the CNY 2018 period so it’s $2500 + $1000 and excluding all angbaos & ingredients expenses etc. When my mum and relatives found out she’s so bad coz they saw themselves, she also didn’t care and continue to ignore them.

PEM really anyhow sent me a nanny during that time coz no more aunties want to work during CNY period so left these type of lousy aunties who loved $$$$ so much and don’t want to spend CNY with her family to work as confinement nanny. This nanny told me earn $$$$ more important, with $$$$ everyday is CNY to her. I told PEM it’s my first birth and I want to make sure I get the right and good nanny to do good confinement for me, they promised they will but they just anyhow find someone and send her to me.

This nanny called 晴姐 is also very lazy, she used her handphone to surf net all day long. And some worse stuffs she didn’t obey is I told her I want to breastfeed my baby but she never ever bring baby to me so I didn’t know when my baby is hungry for milk. When I realised there’s something wrong, I went to her room and just saw her feeding baby with milk bottle (formula milk). In the end, I have no breastmilk coz no demand no supply, my baby ended up no breastmilk (she didn’t get to drink beneficial milk and I also didn’t get to try & enjoy breastfeed for being mum 1st time) and I also wasted $$$$ buying a brand new pump.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Hi may i have her contact number please, thanks...

Hi all,

Hi could you share her details pls? Thanks!

We do have bad experiences with freelance confinement nanny and confinement catering, and after much considerations and researches, we decided to engage Confinement Angels for our 3rd child.

I must stress that it is our blessing to meet Nanny Alice Tan Lay Pheng. Honestly, I am someone quite difficult to “live” with as I am very particular with things my way (also ever since the bad experiences before) and I feel that no one could do a better job in handling my own baby other than myself, if not for the inconvenience for doing a confinement, I would have love to be the sole care taker of my new born. Aunty Alice has been nothing but calm and really did a awesome job.

She supports breast feeding and gave me a lot of encouragement, fully latched my baby.

She is very careful and loving, knowing that my new born has reflux and needs to be carried and soothed often, she does it with no complains.

Every biggie business that my new born does (they can poop more than 6 times a day!), she washes baby’s bottom so to minimise diaper/cleaning rash.

She is very up-to-date and knows a lot about post-partum and baby care, and cooks really well! I look forward to my meals daily because there is a lot of variation and they are all tasty!

She keeps me company but she know when to give me privacy too, I am so grateful for this mental support.

She also gets along well with my older kids and more……

Aunty Alice is really putting her heart and soul in her “work” as a nanny.
You do not feel that she is working, but instead someone whom really cares and works with a big heart.

I am sincerely grateful and appreciate what she has done for us and we will all miss her dearly.

Thank you, Confinement Angels, Linda and Aunty Alice, for this great experience I would definitely share with all my friends!

Hi all,

Hi can you share the name of the CL? Thanks!!

Hi all, would like to share my own confinement experience with my nanny, Aunty Wong Keat Foon, who took great care of my premature newborn.

My son was only 2.4kg when born at 35 weeks and was also diagnosed with jaundice. Under Aunty’s care and advice, my baby became 3.8kg in a months’ time and his jaundice went down in 2 weeks!

Aunty is flexible and cooks delicious healthy confinement meals. Being a fitness enthusiast and a health conscious person, I eat only lean meat. She adjusted the confinement receipts according to my preferences such as having more lean meat and broccoli with minimal salt and sugar.

Aunty is friendly, approachable and loving. She has no communication barriers with me and my family. When I was alone at home with Aunty and baby, she was the one who accompanied me, consoled me, encouraged me and gave me good advices. I really miss chatting with her.

She also went above and beyond her required duty. Not only does she take good care of my newborn and cook for me, she even takes the initiative to walk my dog at least 2 times a day. She even cooks for my dog and talks to her knowing that she is upset because my time is spent mostly on baby. With her, I don’t feel so guilty towards my beloved dog haha.

My family feels extremely grateful and blessed for everything that Aunty has done for us. We regarded her as part of our family and were sad that the 28 days of confinement ended so soon.

Thank u so much to Aunty Keat Foong and Confinement Angels for their help! When we have our second child, they will be our only choice!

Hi all, would like to share my own confinement experience with my nanny, Aunty Wong Keat Foon, who took great care of my premature newborn.

My son was only 2.4kg when born at 35 weeks and was also diagnosed with jaundice. Under Aunty’s care and advice, my baby became 3.8kg in a months’ time and his jaundice went down in 2 weeks!

Aunty is flexible and cooks delicious healthy confinement meals. Being a fitness enthusiast and a health conscious person, I eat only lean meat. She adjusted the confinement receipts according to my preferences such as having more lean meat and broccoli with minimal salt and sugar.

Aunty is friendly, approachable and loving. She has no communication barriers with me and my family. When I was alone at home with Aunty and baby, she was the one who accompanied me, consoled me, encouraged me and gave me good advices. I really miss chatting with her.

She also went above and beyond her required duty. Not only does she take good care of my newborn and cook for me, she even takes the initiative to walk my dog at least 2 times a day. She even cooks for my dog and talks to her knowing that she is upset because my time is spent mostly on baby. With her, I don’t feel so guilty towards my beloved dog haha.

My family feels extremely grateful and blessed for everything that Aunty has done for us. We regarded her as part of our family and were sad that the 28 days of confinement ended so soon.

Thank u so much to Aunty Keat Foong and Confinement Angels for their help! When we have our second child, they will be our only choice!
Hi there, do you mind sharing auntie Wong contact? Thanks a lot.

Hi, can share her contact too? Thanks!

Beware of this nanny CHOOI TAY TYE (auntie Chooi) 崔带娣 number 1364 from PEM Confinement Nanny Agency. She was assigned to me on 24 may 2020. She appeared hardworking and responsible however on 30 may 2020 in the middle of the night (about 1am) in the room she shared with baby, i saw her beating my 1 week old baby twice saying “如果你不睡觉我就打屁股了” (english translation: if you don’t sleep i will beat your backside) as the baby had been crying. She gave my baby 2 swift smacks to the butt (her hand swung up abruptly from the side of the body)
I don’t think it’s ever right to threaten babies and physically punish them.

upon confrontation she didn’t deny it and apologised. however upon being sent back to the company, PEM told me the nanny claimed that I mistook what i saw and she was patting baby and PEM claimed that since I did not have video evidence, they had no grounds to penalize her.
There was no apology or resolution to this matter aside from Pem sending a replacement nanny. And obviously she was immediately sent out to another family to be a confinement nanny. (I saw the family’s review of this nanny on facebook on 11june 2020)

Child abusers are seldom caught on their first attempt to abuse children. Since the company has chosen to turn a blind eye to this, this is my way of ensuring babies aren’t harmed by her.

mummies— please consider installing cctv/baby monitors in the room the nanny is alone with baby
A81B99E1-3FAD-4153-9407-A258943E03BF.jpeg

I happened to have a Different / good experience with this aunty. I was curious (and bored while pumping haha), and so googled her name after she left. That’s how I chanced upon this post. Aunty Chooi was caring and earnest. Most importantly, she was consultative and sought my opinion on almost all matters - so I still felt in control of the care of baby.

I’m a second time mum, and previously hired a freelance CL for my older kid. At that time, I allowed the previous CL (lian jie) to sleep alone with baby. On hindsight, lian jie made me feel rather bullied. She didn’t allow us to participate much in child care, and even discouraged us from holding baby. We also realised that she let baby sleep on her mattress at night instead of the baby cot. And in these modern days that’s a big no to us due to safety reasons (accidental suffocation risk).

So this time round we decided that CL would room with baby and I. I have to agree with Gwen2020 that you can’t be too careful with CLs. After all, this is a stranger you are inviting into your home. It’s also a stranger whom you are entrusting your precious newborn to.

I am glad to have roomEd with Aunty Chooi this time. She was accepting of the arrangement and was cheerful throughout. She also respected all my wishes (e.g. the way I want to wash the bottles, timing for baby routines, food for me, hygiene measures etc..). To all mums who are concerned about safety / control, you may want to consider sharing a room with the CL. The thing about hiring confinement nannies is - as mentioned by others - really a matter of luck. The only way the alleviate safety fears is to be on a close lookout for issues —— And this can’t be done if you’re separated from baby.

Let the agent know about the sleeping arrangement ahead of time. This ensures that the nanny who accepts the assignment is prepared for it. All the best!

Beware of this nanny CHOOI TAY TYE (auntie Chooi) 崔带娣 number 1364 from PEM Confinement Nanny Agency. She was assigned to me on 24 may 2020. She appeared hardworking and responsible however on 30 may 2020 in the middle of the night (about 1am) in the room she shared with baby, i saw her beating my 1 week old baby twice saying “如果你不睡觉我就打屁股了” (english translation: if you don’t sleep i will beat your backside) as the baby had been crying. She gave my baby 2 swift smacks to the butt (her hand swung up abruptly from the side of the body)
I don’t think it’s ever right to threaten babies and physically punish them.

upon confrontation she didn’t deny it and apologised. however upon being sent back to the company, PEM told me the nanny claimed that I mistook what i saw and she was patting baby and PEM claimed that since I did not have video evidence, they had no grounds to penalize her.
There was no apology or resolution to this matter aside from Pem sending a replacement nanny. And obviously she was immediately sent out to another family to be a confinement nanny. (I saw the family’s review of this nanny on facebook on 11june 2020)

Child abusers are seldom caught on their first attempt to abuse children. Since the company has chosen to turn a blind eye to this, this is my way of ensuring babies aren’t harmed by her.

mummies— please consider installing cctv/baby monitors in the room the nanny is alone with baby
View attachment 722538

Back