Any recommended/good experienced gynae in KKH?

Franzeska

Dear all MTB and Mothers,

I am new with this forum. Just want to check with MTB or Mothers anyone can recommend a good gynae in KKH? i am looking for a Dr. who can actively explain to you about your condition and advise you if needed. Not only check and rush when u have a consultation with them? What to consider when we want to choose the doctor?

Thank you in advance :)

Are u looking at subsidies or private. There are a few good gynae in kkh. There's doc John tee, doc tan heng Hao, doc KT tan, doc June tan n etc...

Hi. @snow19

I am looking for a private one, i have booked my 1st consultation with Dr. Han next week. May i know you are handled by which doc? thanks

My gynae John Tee suddenly told me that he unable to deliver my baby due to insurance issue... anyone here encounter the same thing as me?
:(

My gynae John Tee suddenly told me that he unable to deliver my baby due to insurance issue... anyone here encounter the same thing as me?
Hi @Ming80, me too. He told me last fri that he is not delivering babies from next yr onwards and he trf me to another doc. I'm in my 28wks now..

Hi mummies, I'm new here... I called KKH to book an appointment with John tee and was also told that he can see me but is not able to deliver my baby... :(
Would you mind to share which doc John tee transfers you to?

H
Hi mummies, I'm new here... I called KKH to book an appointment with John tee and was also told that he can see me but is not able to deliver my baby... :(
Hi @Daisy16: I'm transferred to Dr Shephali. Guess not much mummies here is trf to her.. But since she did my emergency cerclage for me, Dr Tee advised me to go back to her for delivery..

I see.. Thanks all for sharing!
I am still considering which gynae to change to... Am now a subsidised patient in KKH...

Hi, I booked Dr John Tee when i was around 7 mths pregnant. Just went to KKH checkup and he tells me that he can't deliver for me as he will be on leave. My EDD is 11Jan 2016. I was informed on this at week 37.

Kind of upset. because I have booked him earlier.

Hi, I booked Dr John Tee when i was around 7 mths pregnant. Just went to KKH checkup and he tells me that he can't deliver for me as he will be on leave. My EDD is 11Jan 2016. I was informed on this at week 37.

John Tee refers me to Dr T K Tan

Same case as u. My wife and I have been seeing Dr John Tee since my wife is on her 6month. We went for a check up yesterday and was told he can't deliver for next year and I was refer to Dr KL Tan.

My wife Edd is 17Jan :)

Can anyone share the difference in cost between subsidised and private in kkh?

My first was private in kkh in clinic a. Paid $100 +++ for each visit. Quite a substantial amount spent overall.

Looking for a gynae for my #2 and whether as a private or subsidised patient.

Can anyone share the difference in cost between subsidised and private in kkh?

My first was private in kkh in clinic a. Paid $100 +++ for each visit. Quite a substantial amount spent overall.

Looking for a gynae for my #2 and whether as a private or subsidised patient.

Hello, congrats.

Difference btw private & subsidised patient as as follows. (Not 101% sure therefore any one who read this please feel free to correct me. Thanks)

1) Private patient can pick the doctor that you want. Subsidised patient cannot pick doctor, i.e. each visit will be a random doctor that will check you.

2) Waiting time to see doctor might be longer for subsidised patient.

3) Only private patient can see doctor in the more fancy "The Private Suite" (Note that some private patient also see doctor in the normal clinic as subsidy patient subjected to the doctor schedule)

4) During delivery in KKH, if you are a subsidise patient, i think there is a possibility that student doctor might be around to observe the random doctor assign to help you delivery.

5) Subisdy patient i think cannot choose "A" class ward. (I think only if you stay in "A" ward then your hubby can sleep in the same room as you in the hospital)

6) Private patient total bill (1st visit - final delivery) will be very close to private hospital such as TMC, where else subsidise patient bill will be significantly lower. You can go to MOH website to take a look as the median price ppl delievey at different hospitals in Singapore. It is pretty update. But note that it is only on the final delivery bill and does not include any of the screeening, blood test and all the pre natal consultation session you see the doctor)

Good to discuss with your hubby, look at your current financial situation and then choose an option that will meet most of your needs.

Have fun

Hello, congrats.

Difference btw private & subsidised patient as as follows. (Not 101% sure therefore any one who read this please feel free to correct me. Thanks)

1) Private patient can pick the doctor that you want. Subsidised patient cannot pick doctor, i.e. each visit will be a random doctor that will check you.

2) Waiting time to see doctor might be longer for subsidised patient.

3) Only private patient can see doctor in the more fancy "The Private Suite" (Note that some private patient also see doctor in the normal clinic as subsidy patient subjected to the doctor schedule)

4) During delivery in KKH, if you are a subsidise patient, i think there is a possibility that student doctor might be around to observe the random doctor assign to help you delivery.

5) Subisdy patient i think cannot choose "A" class ward. (I think only if you stay in "A" ward then your hubby can sleep in the same room as you in the hospital)

6) Private patient total bill (1st visit - final delivery) will be very close to private hospital such as TMC, where else subsidise patient bill will be significantly lower. You can go to MOH website to take a look as the median price ppl delievey at different hospitals in Singapore. It is pretty update. But note that it is only on the final delivery bill and does not include any of the screeening, blood test and all the pre natal consultation session you see the doctor)

Good to discuss with your hubby, look at your current financial situation and then choose an option that will meet most of your needs.

Have fun

Thank you for the prompt reply dear. Yes, my first child, 1st visit to delivery cost a bomb because there were so many scans and consultation with senior gynae was exp also. I took B ward 4 bedder the other time, and i would prefer tt again if all goes smoothly.

Seems like I am leaning towards private again because not tt comfortable with student doctors observing me as well as I would prefer a female gynae.

Any gynae to recommend? My first gynae was Dr june tan. She is nice but the waiting time was hell. My husband doesnt want me to take her again.

Also, is it possible to opt as subsidised patient throughout pregnancy but switch to private patient midway or 3/4 way?

Thank you for the prompt reply dear. Yes, my first child, 1st visit to delivery cost a bomb because there were so many scans and consultation with senior gynae was exp also. I took B ward 4 bedder the other time, and i would prefer tt again if all goes smoothly.

Seems like I am leaning towards private again because not tt comfortable with student doctors observing me as well as I would prefer a female gynae.

Any gynae to recommend? My first gynae was Dr june tan. She is nice but the waiting time was hell. My husband doesnt want me to take her again.

Also, is it possible to opt as subsidised patient throughout pregnancy but switch to private patient midway or 3/4 way?

Hello,

The commonly reccommended gynae in KKH are usually, if not all Senior consultant, therefore price & waiting time should not differ significantly from Dr June.

Personally i hate to wait too, however since like most of the more reccommended doctor waiting time all super long, therefore between a better doctor and waiting time, i rather wait like hell for a better doctor.

I believe it is possible start as a subsidy patient then subsequent switch to a private patient. Just tell them that as the day goes by, you feel more comfy to see a single doctor for the rest of your pregnancy, i feel that this is a very reasonable reason/excuse. But of cos i cannot be 100% sure ya. Can dial them to ask, i am sure you are not the first person to raise this very valid question.

Cheers

Hello,

The commonly reccommended gynae in KKH are usually, if not all Senior consultant, therefore price & waiting time should not differ significantly from Dr June.

Personally i hate to wait too, however since like most of the more reccommended doctor waiting time all super long, therefore between a better doctor and waiting time, i rather wait like hell for a better doctor.

I believe it is possible start as a subsidy patient then subsequent switch to a private patient. Just tell them that as the day goes by, you feel more comfy to see a single doctor for the rest of your pregnancy, i feel that this is a very reasonable reason/excuse. But of cos i cannot be 100% sure ya. Can dial them to ask, i am sure you are not the first person to raise this very valid question.

Cheers

Thanks for your reply. I think I will go for private from the start but reduce the number of scans and consultations unless absolutely necessary since this is my 2nd pregnancy. I realised how unnecessary some appointments were from my 1st pregnancy. As for Dr June's waiting time, it can stretch for like 3 to 4 hours from the appointment timing. Horrid. She's a great gynae but really hated that they try to squeeze in so many appointments.

Dear 2016 Mummies, I just receiced a call from KKH Prof Tee' nurse Sally that he is taking back all his transferred cases. Please look out for calls from KKH or call the central appt system to request Sally to call you back to follow up on this. She is afraid that she might missed any one of you. Cheers

Hi.

I am going to see Dr Jerry Chan for 1st time. Any review on him? Previously with Dr CC Khong but he don't see anymore Mummys.

Hello everybody...

Need your advise on the first appointment make with kkh.
How much does it cost for the scanning during first appointment make.
Subsequently, how much being paid for the following appointment (inclusive medicine )

Thanks in advance.

Hi Inxherxeyes
I am currently a subsidised patient and am thinking of transferring to be a private patient.
I heard that it can be done.
As a subsidised patient, my total bill (w scan) for an appt is below $100. Also, actually there is almost no waiting time for me. I get to see a doctor like in less than half an hour every visit. however, the doctors that i am seeing are usually junior docs, Associate Consultants...
i am currently trying to transfer to Prof John Tee. If he is not available, then see if i can transfer to other doctors.

Dear 2016 Mummies, I just receiced a call from KKH Prof Tee' nurse Sally that he is taking back all his transferred cases. Please look out for calls from KKH or call the central appt system to request Sally to call you back to follow up on this. She is afraid that she might missed any one of you. Cheers

Hi Sharon,
that sounds like good news!
I tried to call KKH to book an appointment under Prof John Tee but the nurse advise me that Prof John Tee will only see patients up to 20 weeks.
I am beyond 20 weeks and she say he will not take me in.
i further clarify with her and she say even though he is seeing/ taking back patients that is less than 20 weeks now, once they reach or beyond 20 weeks, he will transfer them out. he is still not delivering babies :(

i think i have to consider other doctors other than John Tee.
however, i realized that some of the docs your mention are not on KKH's doctor directory. Like Prof Han.. why is it so ah?
how do you manage to book those docs?

Hi Daisy16, what i did was call the kkh appt hotline, and mentioned that i would like to book Dr Han. They did advise me that Dr Han is a senior consultant, so his consultation charge will be from $110. I agreed and proceeded to make appt for next avail slot.

i think i have to consider other doctors other than John Tee.
however, i realized that some of the docs your mention are not on KKH's doctor directory. Like Prof Han.. why is it so ah?
how do you manage to book those docs?

Dr Han is still in KKH and still delivery baby, i think his profile is not park under the Gynac dept because he have another specialty which his pic and profile are listed. Try doing a doctor search, not many Dr Han around in KKH i think.

Cheers

Hi Sharon,
I tried to call KKH to book an appointment under Prof John Tee but the nurse advise me that Prof John Tee will only see patients up to 20 weeks.
i further clarify with her and she say even though he is seeing/ taking back patients that is less than 20 weeks now, once they reach or beyond 20 weeks, he will transfer them out. he is still not delivering babies :(
@Daisy16: I'm nt too sure about new case like yours. I'm delivering in early Feb16 and is with him from Jul15 when I 1st found out I'm preggies. But his nurse did told he will take back will his transferred cases like mine. Only not takin new cases yet.

Hi..am new to this forum. Anyone know the billsize of kkh csect private sector? Btw anyone have any review on dr khoo chong kiat?

Hi..am new to this forum. Anyone know the billsize of kkh csect private sector? Btw anyone have any review on dr khoo chong kiat?
My fren just gave birth at kkh under private. If you choose the gynae to do the delivery for you, you have to choose class A or B1 wards. My fren chose B1, and she paid deposit 1.8k cash for deposit (c-sec), the rest claim medisave.

My fren just gave birth at kkh under private. If you choose the gynae to do the delivery for you, you have to choose class A or B1 wards. My fren chose B1, and she paid deposit 1.8k cash for deposit (c-sec), the rest claim medisave.

Hi, so your friend chose B1 ward means she got dedicated gynae attended to her? Can I ask she is with which gynae? Thanks

Hi, so your friend chose B1 ward means she got dedicated gynae attended to her? Can I ask she is with which gynae? Thanks
She was with Dr Han How Chuan (im also with Dr Han now). Ya if u choose a or b1 class, your gynae will do the delivery for you. If choose b2+ or c wards, then some random doc will do the delivery. Dr Han only performs the c-sect or if natural birth, he will go to the delivery suite when is time for the mother's last pushes before bb comes out. That'all. He wont go check on the mothers in the wards after delivery. So im not sure if u considered that 'delegated gynae attending to her'.

Thanks!
Does any mummies have the experience of going for natural birth at kkh den ended up needed to do emergency c-sec? I wonder what the cost of the hospital bill will be in KKH as a private patient?
One of my friend go for emergency c-sec aft trying natural birth and it cost her 18k for total bill in Gleneagles.

Thanks!
Does any mummies have the experience of going for natural birth at kkh den ended up needed to do emergency c-sec? I wonder what the cost of the hospital bill will be in KKH as a private patient?
One of my friend go for emergency c-sec aft trying natural birth and it cost her 18k for total bill in Gleneagles.

Hello,

Assuming your friend is in single bedder ward, my gut feel is that is your fren do the same thing (Natural + emergence C Section) + A ward in KKH using a senior consultant as a private patient, my guess is that her bill will be 20% lesser. (This is my guestimate only, i do not have any data to back me ya)

Cheers

Hello,

Assuming your friend is in single bedder ward, my gut feel is that is your fren do the same thing (Natural + emergence C Section) + A ward in KKH using a senior consultant as a private patient, my guess is that her bill will be 20% lesser. (This is my guestimate only, i do not have any data to back me ya)

Cheers
Thanks! That would also need 14k estimate.

Thanks! That would also need 14k estimate.

Yup, it is just my guessetimate ya.

Frankly speaking if really expect complication and also have cost constraint, the best bet for Singaporean is go to KKH as a subsidy patient. The final bill will really shrink by a lot due to subsidy. Since it is a complication, i am guessing the junior doctor will not know how to handle and will pass on the hot potato to their senior aka mentor. hee hee. Beside KKH most likely have more equipment/experience handling complication.

Hi Sharon,
Just wondering if you know why John Tee is not delivering babies? Is it only for a period?

Hello @Onigiri88

How's your experience with Prof John Tee? I'll be seeing him next week at around 8wks+
Heard from my friend that he's not a very 'TLC' Gynae, but very good and experienced.. Lol...

Hello @Onigiri88

How's your experience with Prof John Tee? I'll be seeing him next week at around 8wks+
Heard from my friend that he's not a very 'TLC' Gynae, but very good and experienced.. Lol...
He's a "man of few words", sometimes humorous. But will take time to answer if you have any questions or concerns. I'm not sure how should one behave to be considered TLC? If you have no problems or issues and the pregnancy is progressing well, he will just said good, everything is good. And that's probably what you will like to hear every visit. And if there is a problem, he will definitely explain to you. He is a very experienced gynae and I'm going back to him for my #3.

Back