Any recommendations for good confinement lady?

Hi all,

I would like to recommend my confinement lady, QinJie who is from

Malaysia.

She was recommended by a good friend who had a good experience with

her. On top of taking good care of her and baby and good cooking,

QinJie was able get along very well with her MIL and

grandmother-in-law who were deemed as very "difficult" people.

QinJie is just about done with her 1 month with me and i am also very

happy with her services as she got along with my maid and also taught

her many things regarding looking after baby and also chinese cooking.

If you are interested in engaging her, pls contact her at

[email protected]

Hi All,

Any confinement lady agency to recommend? Hoping to look for one that could help a little with housework, and know how to cope with breastfeeding (prevent engorement, how to express)etc beside looking after bb, cooking confinement food.

Will they help to cook for husband, and boil/make red date water for mommy??

Hi Joleen,

Usually they take care of mother n baby only. so boiling red dates water is a must! also, i need to bathe everyday, so my CL will prepare herbal water for me.

i guess when u treat them well,they wont mind washing hubby's clothes. coz my CL helped washed my hubby's n elder daughter's clothes. she did mention that usually CL don't do but she will help when time permits. She doesnt want us to misunderstand that it's part of her job and assumes she's not capable when she doesn't wash on other days.

Joleen

I tried searching through agencies but in the end, I gave up using them. I got my CL through a contact in the end. If you are keen, let me know. As i had twins, and i had2 Cls and both are equally gd. Of course, their methods are different.

Hi mummies,

CL from M'sia recommended by my cousin, experienced, serving countries:M'sia, SG, US.

Just help to establish the contact for those who need the service. Her contact: YueYing +60195222519 She charge SGD2100/4weeks for SG.

Hi Hi..

Wanna check something with all of you..

1) When we engage a CL, do we have to pay for their transportation fee (like air ticket/ coach fare) from Malaysia to Singapore and back??

2) Normally the CL will stay with us for 28 days rite? They will need to have this entry permit valid for this 28 days? Do they have to go custome and have their passport stamp in every 2 weeks? Or is there such thing as a 28days visa permit?? Is there any fee for such visa permit and who has to pay for it??

3) What if the CL get caught-up with the previous mummy when we deliver. Cos my CL is engaged with one mummy who is due in late March, and I'm due in early May. What if the March mummy overdue or me being early due??

Please advise and thanks!

Hi,

I have a contact from M'sia, currently engagin her now. She's quite chinchai, does housework for me, took care of my elder gal, cook wash her clothes as well.

SiewFang

her hubby

Hi ladies,

As mention in my earlier post, I have a relative who are very experience in doing confinement. Rest assure that she is good. Can cook very well & take good care of mummy & baby.

She asked me to post her contact number here. So if you are interested, can give her a call at 60125571238. Aunty Mei.

Hi mums.

I am looking for a CL. I am kind of worried to engage one now after reading many postings about CL taking deposits and not turning up after we delivered. How should we go about this?

Hi MTB,

Just some words of caution, it's good to get CL that is being recommended rather than getting one direct from agency as the agent will not tell you how good/ bad the CL is. I just ended my confinement last month and had a very bad experience with this CL named Yong Ah Lui (the CL claimed that people call her Ah Jane) from Pre###r Confinement Nanny Care Agency.

My CL Injured my baby, talks loudly, diluted me longan drink, used only 1 bottle of sesame oil throughout the whole confinement period, ill-speaks about my baby and mom-in-law (found out recently from friends and relatives during CNY visits), have plenty of requests like asking us to bring her out for CNY shopping, asking for my expensive spices, asking if I've got any old clothes for her, wanted me to give her my plants, flipped my kitchen cardboards etc. Her so call 20 years experience is doubtful and her nonsense had turned the whole family upside down. Now I know why she complained that her last owners treat her badly and I've regretted that we've pitied her at the beginning...

My confinement is still haunting me till now...

Please be careful if you are planning to choose one from agency without any recommendation...

Would like to warn everyone of this confinement lady known as Ah Xiang from Malaysia, KL (HP: 60163822273).

(sorry for the long winded post) My situation as follows: I gave birth on this new year and informed this CL known as Ah Xiang (Freelance - $2000) that i would need her to come down to my place on the 17th Feb. She then told me that there are no land transport and need to fly over. As such, i have no choice but to pay for her air flight. She requested for big ang pow as it was CNY, as such i decided to give her $200 ang pow upon her arrival. When she started work, she claim to me that she is very sought after and that she has even traveled to overseas such as London, Japan and etc to work as a CL. After hearing all these, i myself feel impressed with her resume.

However little did i realize that she is actually a very lazy and stubborn person. When she cook, she just cook simple confinement food without cooking separately for my husband and expect my husband to eat the confinement food with me which can be very heaty. she just do simple mopping in my kitchen occasionally and does not even bother to clean our toilets including the common toilet that she has been using. Most of the time, she will just sit down on my sofa and watch TV. Sometimes when i am watching my own TV programme, she would request me to change to her favourite channel instead!

Then after the third day, she started coughing and claim that it must be my husband who spread her the coughing after she heard from my husband that he just recovered from a cough recently. When i asked her to wear a mask, she show me the super black face and dun care attitude. As such, i decided to look after the baby on our own instead of depending on her. She would also often touch my newborn baby head even after repeated telling of her not to do so as my baby head skull is still soft.

On the 10th day, she suddenly claim she is not feeling very well and will stop work immediately and go back home. She demanded my husband to pay her half a month salary and a big ang pow. After negotiation, we decided to give her 10 days of working salary plus a $10 ang pow given that she has not really done anything much and leave us stranded without a CL out of the blue. She took our money without hesitation and still has the cheek to complain that she has never ever seen such a small ang pow in her life.

After she left, i realized that she has taken expensive medical herbs from us and even our blanket provided to her. Sigh....Luckily, i have my mother to help me out otherwise my husband and i would not know what to do.

Hi All Mami,

My confinement lady is also quite good. She is called Xin Hua. She has 20 years' experience. She can cook a variety of confinement food (including soups and tonics), can take care of baby and do simple housechores for you if you don't have a maid. She is very pro-breastfeeding and can do breast massage too. I had quite a hard time breastfeeding my first kid and she is really a great help. You can contact her at +60176088006 +60176088006 (M'sia no.) or +6590395121 +6590395121 (Singapore HP). Btw, she is a PR and hence, don't need a work permit to work

Do not use a confinement lady by the name of Peilin, from Johor Malaysia. Her passport indicates that she came from Sarawak.

She kept asking for off-days during the confinement period and faked illness after she came back.

Hi mummies,

my mum is a cl with ard 18 years experience in this line, who works in Singapore most of the time although we r Malaysian. If u r interested to engage her service or just to know more, pls feel free to email me at [email protected]. My mum can meet up wit u personally for more details! No obligation..

Cheers,

Peggy

refer to zolldoll's recommedation.

I found that the CL, Chew Yan is not experencie enough. If you are a first time mom, it is not advisable to hire her.

Personally, she only know how to cook simple confinement food, don't have much variety. Always the same style of cooking..after a few days, i don't feel like eating.

The way she handle baby, is not experenice also. Instead of giving me advise, I'm the one who give her the advise.

Overall not recommeded.

refer to zolldoll's recommendation - CL Chew Yan,

initially she promised me to do my confinement when i called her in Dec, again in Jan and then she said she will call me again to see whn we can meet up....bt she din call me until i called her again before cny whn can we meet up....she asked me whn was my edd...i told her june...then she said she canot do already cos she has confirmed someone in May. I meant if that is the case, she shldnt hv kept sayin tat she is ok to do for me..and she shld hv the courtesy to call me to tell me earlier....i find tat no sense of resposibility and trust ....

The nanny i used is ok. she is Gum Yi.

A bit long winded but still find her ok overall. She is from malaysia too.

Hi, I am also having my confinement now and has found my wonderful confinement lady, Mei Lian through this forum, so would like to recommend her to all as a thank you gift for her. And also to help out those looking for a good confinement lady.

Mei Lian is very clean, hardworking and most importantly, patient and knowledgeable. She has good medical knowledge of baby and mother care (very important to me as I am a medical worker myself). She supports my total breastfeeding although it means her getting up more times in the night to pass baby to me, she is also hardworking in helping me wash pumping equipments etc and make great effort to cook food proven to increase milk supply.

She also takes care of my dogs! she walks then and clean up after them when they pee at home accidentally, without complaints. I can tell she loves them very much. Good for those with pets in the house!

I have helped increased her knowledge of breastfeeding by bringing her to my lactation consultant, so she is good at this area now.

Mei Lian is from Malaysia. You can contact her at 8306 5400 (singapore number, she is in singapore most of the time), if not, you can call her at +60176355077 (malaysia no.)

(I do not have any commission from this, just keen to share her good service) :)

All the best to all who are expecting !

Hi

I intend to use this confinement agency thru word of mouth recommendation. It is a small co. and the lady boss's name is Honey Ann. Anyone heard of her and her nanny's services?

Btw, beside taking of bb and mother, what other stuffs are the CL supposed to do? Heard that we are supposed to give an ang bao upon the arrival/departure of the CL, is it true? And how much to give? What kind of food is the CL supposed to eat, our confinement food? Sorry so many questions cos first time engaging the svc of CL.

BTW I always heard complain from my friend that they had enganged experience confinement lady to their house (some even recommend by the mummy in this forum) to do confinment for them.

From the begining the CF auntie is ok but after engang for ard 2week, found out the CF auntie is lazy, not really know how to cook different CF foods, not really knows how to cook tonic soup, not really know how to take care of baby....:-(

(some even give excuse to go back M'sia to chop passport & never come back).. But we still cannot ask them to go & still need to endure till 28days..

That why I been helping my friend to ask ard for CF autie who willing to work short terms...(at least if she not good we can dont continue her after 2 week later)

Finally let me found a more than 10yrs experience S'porean non stay CF lady who offer 2week or 28 days services...my frd had try her service & found out her cooking is very nice & delicious. My frd say she finish every meal she cook & not even 1 single rice left...(especially her "ZHU JIAO CHU"....hahaha

Any mummy want her contact for trying her service call hp:98476976...

HI Baywater, Mei Lian is definitely a good cook. I used her in oct 09. She is great. She loves children and treat my bb very gently. My bb has very bad yeast infection but MeiLian patiently treat her and washed her many cloth nappies. She helps me get into the Breast feeding routine as well. She reads to increase her CL knowledge so she does not follow blindly the old wivies tales. I highly recommended her. I have used 2 other CL, and i would only recommed her.

Call her at 8306 5400 (Sg), or +60176355077 (malaysia no.)

Currently using this confinement maid from Malaysia. She is very Chin Cai and will change her way of taking care of baby if you advise her your preferred method. Very flexible lady. Here is her contacts

Xiufang

her hubby

Hi all mom,

Anyone needs a confinement lady in early Sep 2010. I have paid a $200 deposit for a confinement lady and she did for my sister-in-law recently. The actual price is $2K. She is quite good and from Malaysia, however my mom offers to help me now and I also want to save money. I can absorb $100 and let go at $100 deposit. Anyone interested can SMS or call me at 9188 7560.

Hi all.

I would like to recommend my confinement lady to those who need one.

She is really very good. I am currently engaging her for the 2nd month cos my BB is quite abit to handle.

She is very patient with BB and can see that she loves BB alot. She took really good care of my whole family (including my 2 dogs).

When I brought my BB back for review with my PD, even my PD complimented to me that I got myself a good confinement lady cos she is very knowledgeable and ask me to learn more from my confinement lady.

If anyone is interested to engage her, you can PM me or email me at [email protected] for her contact number.

Hi

I thought i share this ...

I just finished my confiment and had a very good confirment lady (Aunty Yue Fen).

I even extended her for 2 more weeks.

This is my second child, my first child i engaged a CFL as well but it was a terrible experience. Hence, this time i was also skeptical when i was recommended to this CF aunty.

So i was extremely glad that i had this aunty this time round.

She has many years of experience, very patient and loving with my daughter. First few days she is with me, she takes the time to observe my daughter to see how she can best take care of her, and she learns very fast. She cooks very yummy food (my first confirment i had horrible food and i didnt know confirment food can actually taste nice ...) and most important my family all like her very much and she is hygenic!

She has a very pleasent character, very helpful and responsible. when looking after baby, she doesnt on her hp or pick her hp so that she wont be distracted.

If any one is interested you can contact her at 65 8375 6048 (SG) or her house at 0207-6522606 (MSA). (but as i say if she is looking after baby her hp might be off or she doesnt pick up, so you might want to leave a message instead so that she can revert)

Cheers!

Hi,

I have a good CL to introduce too, her name is Siew Ling (秀玲姐). Currently she is doing confinement for me. Her sis is Siew Zhen, another very good confinement lady.

I was introduced to Siew Ling when her sis schedule was full. Siew Ling will tell u to have an "interview" with her so as to ensure both are comfortable with each other. U may ask her any questions during the "interview".

She is very hardworking since the first day she came. She helps with all the housework, cleans up the kitchen after cooking. She also checks with u what type of food u prefer (but of cos.. not for the fussy as she can cook many types of nice confinement food). If u can eat everything she cook that will be better and she ensures that all food has to be fresh. She will also make sure all her work are completed before resting.

Nite time, she will ensure that u will rest well and she will fully take care of the baby. If u are pro-BF, she will oso help to wake u up to feed the baby.

I had extended her for another 2 days to help me out as her permit only allows up to 30 days. She is also willing to guide and teach you on how to look after your baby.

You can contact her at (tell her recommended by Xinyi):

SG line: 81195431 (contactable when she is working in SG)

MY line: 013-7067061 / 012-7609538

I too want to share my experience with this CL . Auntie Yeo hp: 1511 60167089329 / 91481677.

( A short , pump lady with short curly hair)

I got her contact from this forum . One mummy wrote her good experience but i doubt is true . Maybe is written by Auntie Yeo herself .

During the interview, she appeared to be responsible and experience CL. I placed a deposit with her .

Nightmare started two weeks before my EDD. She called and say she is unable to do my confinement as she have another assignment. She will arranged for another CL to come .

I disagree citing that she have collected my deposit she should do my confinement . She refused to come and left with no choice I agreed for her jie mei to do my confinement .

Her jie mei came and do a lousy confinement. Stole my “ tong cao” and drank my bird nest . Did not cook proper confinement foods. Insist on resting despite baby crying loudly . Ask her to leave one week later .

Please beware of this CL – Auntie Yeo . Do not engage her .

Hi Mummies,

We are looking for the following WOMEN aged 25 to 40 years old for a 2hours English speaking group discussion:

1) Pregnant Women - 5th Dec, Mon @ 3:45pm OR 7th Dec, Wed @ 1:45pm (only upon screening we will determine which group you belong to)

2) Mothers with at least 1 infant aged 6 to 10 months or 1 child aged 1 to 4 years old who drinks formula milk - 5th to 7th Dec @ 9:45am or 1:45pm or 3:45pm or 4:45pm (only upon screening we will determine which group you belong to)

* Location at Scotts Road.

* Any race. Singaporean.

Cash Incentive of S$100. Purely research study.

Please SMS your name and age to Zara at 9189-2420 ASAP. Please do NOT PM.

Cheers!

Back