!! Any Recommendations/Feedbacks for ChildCare in Sengkang area??

chiqunz

Dear all, I'm expecting my 2nd baby and hence by the end of this year I would most likely have to send my elder girl (she will be 20mths in Dec2012) to a full day childcare centre as my mum and mother in law will not be able to handle 1 baby and 1 toddler + another baby of my sister-inlaws (one from each side)...

I've printed out a list of childcare centres in Sengkang from the Child Care Link website (www.childcarelink.gov.sg) and there are like almost 50 centres in Sengkang area. So I would greatly appreciate if any mummies and/or daddies can make some recommendations and share yours and you kid(s) experiences with the childcare centres, be it good or bad comments.

Thanks all!! ))))

Childcare got the normal n Montessori type de.. If u haven't registered those normal de sure long waiting list eg My First Skool.. It's also matter which part of sengkang u r staying .. Choose a childcare near ur home.

my DS#1 with MFS now.
He is very happy there and he likes to go back to cc everyday! The teachers are friendly too. MFS promote learn through play, so don't expect too much on academic work like those montessori cc.

hi chiqunz,

i'm looking for feedbacks for SK school for my ger too, did u visit any school? visited MMI e classrm is big also got nice outdoor area for them, CH is out, when we ask e principle abt e curriculum she dun tell us much

i am also looking for a childcare center either in SK or Punggol. Visited MMI SK. I love the compound space. However, want to look around for more options. Which other CC are your exploring?

Sigh... Im looking for sch for my girl too. To make things worse, I stay in the ulu part of SK with no gd schools around. Any recommendation for Fernvale Area?

Btw, is Little Learners under PAP?

Princess
I enrolled my girl to start only next year for little learner just opp Compasspoint
July will have to pay $.
The class size is 16 to 2 teachers
1 Chinese old teacher n 1 Indian teacher

The class room is small n Cozy w 2 row of tables
The cupboard is actually their learning worksheet which is very cramped

I may not decide to let her go since she is w my gym for weekly social
I still prefer her to go for fun learning

hi Alice,

you can go to zion childcare at blk 319. i send both my children there and my elder one now in P1 and younger one still in the childcare. Very updated cirriculum and good teachers. Some mummies may say not good cos they have disagreement with the principal. you can go and find out yourself. I can only say my P1 child has no issues with P1 work and has learnt all good habits from the childcare

any good nanny near Punggol/Sengkang??

My 2 kids are 3 yrs old & my daughter is 2 years old, as I am a full time working mum, I need to ask:-
1. How much per month for my 2 kids?
2. If I put them to nursery in half day, will able to pick up them? What is the price for it
3. Is it include meals?
4. Did they care for Saturday also?

Kind regards,
Elyn Wong
email: [email protected]

Princess cabbage, u may want to consider kinderland along yck rd? Or theres @one vegeterian montessori in seletar hills estate.. Any feedback on these schs fr mummies??

Hi, I'm also looking for childcare at Seng kang for my boy when he reaches 18 months to 24 months.. Looking more for those 2-3hours daily kind of program.. So many child cares centres and i also heard a lot are full... So a bit lost..

Please help!

do you have your final list of schools basing from the replies above i wanna know if you already made a decision??
happy.gif

Have to learn to let go and trust if you can't take care of your own kids as there is no such thing as good or bad. There are many people working under the same roof with different characters. Choosing a childcare near your place will benefit you and your girl as you don't have to spend much time travelling. Poor kids will be like working adult having to wake up early in the morning. Stay happy!!!!

Hi, might want to check out Starlearners in Sengkang? My friend enrolled her child there but from what I understand, there seems to be quite a lack of childcare centres overall in Sengkang area, so much so my friend enrolled her son in a year plus in advance.
My own kid is with Starlearners Sembawang, near to my workplace so that's convenient, but I live in Sengkang area. Their curriculum is good. Highly recommend them. The teacher has explained to me about how they teach values on top of academics which I felt was important for my child.
Can consider them.

Dear all, I'm expecting my 2nd baby and hence by the end of this year I would most likely have to send my elder girl (she will be 20mths in Dec2012) to a full day childcare centre as my mum and mother in law will not be able to handle 1 baby and 1 toddler + another baby of my sister-inlaws (one from each side)...

I've printed out a list of childcare centres in Sengkang from the Child Care Link website (www.childcarelink.gov.sg) and there are like almost 50 centres in Sengkang area. So I would greatly appreciate if any mummies and/or daddies can make some recommendations and share yours and you kid(s) experiences with the childcare centres, be it good or bad comments.

Thanks all!! ))))

Faith Educare Centre is a good choice. My son is in that childcare and i feel that they are very professional in whatever they do. I think you can consider that childcare centre i highly recommend it. :)

Hi Parents,

I am looking for infant care/playgroup for my kids, and from an internet search, these are the schools near my place. I stay in Sengkang.

Any feedback (good/bad) you would like to share about them? Very lost haha.

1) Modern Montessori at Compassvale Road
2) Cambridge CDC at Sengkang East Way
3) Kindertown Educare at Lorong Buangkok
4) Cambridge at Fernvale Road
5) Amazing Star Montessori at Sengkang
6) Sheffield Kidsworld (st anne)
7) Eshkol Valley at Sengkang
8) Whiz Kids Montessori at Rivervale Drive
9) School House by the Garden at Sengkang
10) Berry Tree preschool at Anchorvale drive
11) Licdo at Rivervale drive
12) Character Montessori at Punggol Road
13) Everland childcare at Punggol Rd

Appreciate any advice! Thank you!
icon_biggrin.gif

Hi All,

Just to share that recently i had a bad experience with Eshkol Valley at Sengkang. I have forfeited $500 just for 2 half day in there. So mummies do re-consider if you were to send your child there.

BE CAREFUL WITH MMI COMPASSVALE

Dear Parents,

I would like to share our experience with MMI-Compassvale and overall how MMI works.
My learning is- Money or higher fee can't get you good and ethical teachers in School, FOR ME THEY ARE NOTHING LESS THAN A FRAUD so please be very mindful before sending your kids to this school in particular.

As such we sent our daughter to MMI for Nursery-2, not even 4 years old and we really had horrendous experience with them, they are bunch of liars and having NO INTEGRITY.

In short, one fine day they call us for meeting and asked us to withdraw our kid because my kid is very active and teacher is OLD lady so she was finding hard to manage her properly which we knew and told them well in advance
So instead of fixing the issue they charged some FALSE allegation on kid which we asked them to substantiate and they were NOT able to prove ANYTHING what they claimed and end up telling us lies after lies.

Claim 1-
Camera in School- We asked them to show camera footage, initially they said they have it but later on they declined and informed us they DONT HAVE CAMERA at all, if they are right then why can't they share the clip? - No answers provided by MMI.

Claim 2-
Teacher’s lied-
In due course teachers lied one after another just to prove their point but officially they couldn't prove anything and one thing for sure they don’t have any integrity at all.
So imagine if teachers/management is bunch of liars themselves then what they are going to teach to your kid? To TELL LIES?? And all unethical things in life? is their anything called values in life-probably they only know VALUE of Money only.

We contacted the MMI headquarters but they simply apologies and didn't answered the hard questions or say the mess created by their teachers or the lies which they told us.

We contacted the government authority ECDA but what we understood is they can't help on this except giving WARNING TO SCHOOL, which they did and school does apologies.
It's a shame that related government organisation having its own limit and they can't take strict action against school/management/culprit teachers and MMI simply apologies on whole incident to escape but damage has been already done on our end,
Who will fulfill that? And trauma which child has gone through? These are the questions which are unanswered and will remain unanswered.

So moral of this post is-
1. BE CAREFUL about behavior of MMI Management and it's teachers.
2. Higher fee doesn’t guarantee good education/value for your kid.

Note- I do have all the mails/communication where all these things are mentioned very clearly and school did apologies on their teacher false claims/misdeeds.

My advice- PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL BEFORE TAKING ADMISSION OR THINKING ABOUT MMI, THEY CHARGE PREMIUM BUT THEY SCREW BIG TIME, REST IS YOUR CHOICE, ALL THE BEST!!

Mohit

Back