Any recommendation on gd maid agency?

snowyrain

Hi,

1st time employing maid. Would like to hear recommendations from mothers who have employed maids. Kindly share your gd experience here.

would like to noe wat are the charges/cost involved in employing maids.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
Remeber me. I am also a 1st time employ maid. My maid came on May 07. This maid really help me alot, now i don need to do hsework. This agent not bad called Sinarmas. If u interested PM me i tell u more

I used reliance at bukit timah plaza. So far so good, and i'm a first time employer as well.
I was considering between that and swift arrow before, so you can check both of them out.
The reason why i choose reliance is due the candidate.

Hi yuly,
Im also 1st time employ maid. I do some research before choose the agency. Finally i got her fr JPB.
The package quite good compare to other agency
happy.gif

Btw are you indonesian? Coz im fr indonesia ...
happy.gif

Hi yuly,
Im also 1st time employ maid. I do some research before choose the agency. Finally i got her fr JPB.
happy.gif

happy.gif

Hi yuly,
happy.gif

happy.gif

I m also tinking of employ a maid thru' JPB. Me also 1st time employing..Hope tat they dun disappoint me lor...

Hi Lucy,

So far im quite happy with JPB. Mine is from katong branch.
I got my maid 1 year ago, so that time their salary standard for the maid is still $260, which other agent already $280.

I got my maid thru' SUN Employment Agency at Bukit Timah Shopping Centre.

find their staffs are friendly and truthful. They will share with you the comments from Indonesia agency and their tele-interview with the maid. They will also arrange for you to tele-interview your choosen maid before u confirm.

So far, very happy with their services.

Oh ya, they also have a counsellor on 24 hours stand-by.

Hi,

I got my indo maid frm Homekeeper. Its @ Bukit Timah. The staff there are very friendly. I am very happy their service.

I am getting mine this Friday from BestHome Employment@ Thomson Plaza. Recommended by a friend whose maid has been with her for last 8 years.

Contact Tricia.

I got my from Gold Year, Balestier Ruby Plaza.
Tel:62547366

Before that I went to other agencies and
they were nice also ... Just that the agent Ms Tan
in Gold Year was more attentive.

She would interact personally to the maids and fill me in extra info about the maids so I can make a better choice.

The other agencies I went had a lot of biodatas for me which is simply not as good as someone who had talked to the maids before and know their mentality.

In case any of you gers are going, tell her that
Mrs Koh (that's me) got complimented her services ok? Cheers!

Anyone is looking for maid, please don't go this agency. The service provided really sucks.

The story goes like this. In Jun 07, I got a maid from this agency called Family Helper at Bishan. I have to pay extra $100 cos I am getting an experienced maid. I chose one Indonesian maid previously worked in Malaysia before. After she came, she seems like everything don't know. Don't have any experience. Furthermore when speaking simple english to her, everything said I don't know I don't understand. Got no choice, 2nd day I request to change maid. This agency contract is have to use her for one month, if I send her back to agency within one month I have to pay her one month salary and one month food and lodging until she got transferred. Me got no choice, needs helper so continued to use her until my replacement came.

On 2 Jul 07, I selected the replacement maid. It is a new bio data so they said it needs about 1 month to process the passport and get her in S'pore. On and off, I called the agency to check, they kept on telling me processing until 4 Aug 07 they said just process the passport only. Need to queue up for processing. Wait and wait. In the end they told me got some problem with the passport, Indonesia realised that she has already got one passport at the other agency. Me waited for so long then she tells me this. Never mind, she told me I got a transfer maid. Work in Batam before for 8 yrs. Have look after kids before. She was sent back to agency due to first employer supposed to look after olderly. Then the wife keep on scolding her, then the daughter sent her back. 2nd employer, also elderly but passed away shortly. So sent back to agency also. Then my hubby went down to interview her and said ok. We take her.

On 16 Aug 07, went to fetch her. So far still ok but still need to teach her a bit. Give her time. On 22 Aug, my hubby, mil and my girl went to Mcdonalds. Me and my son went to sleep. She also went to sleep without closing the wooden door. My hubby was angry wake her up and tell her off. It is dangerous. On 23 Aug, my mil told her, when my son wakes up, you have to change pampers and clothes for him. If everything done by me then you are employer and I am employee.

On 23 Aug, after my medical appt, I went to fetch my girl from school. When we reached home, she told me she wants to go back agency. She said she can't cope with my son. My son is 2 yrs old. She just need to change pampers, clothes and play with him why can't cope. I called agency she also said that. I sent her back. I told the agency I don't want to take the risk.

I told the agency now is not my fault. It is not I don't want her. I refused to pay the one month salary and food and lodging. They told me they need to check with the management.

Today the agency called me, they said, me got 2 choice, if I don't want to continue with them, then they have to follow the contract. That means pay one month salary and one month food and lodging until she found employer. 2nd choice is I pay half month of her salary, and without replacement I have to pay the agency fee again at a discount rate.

Me was so fed up of them. By both way, I still have to pay about 500 plus which is unfair for me. And now I have been with no maid, and take leave to look after the kids.

After this incident, this agency Familyhelper really sucks. Never go to them. They have a few branches.

Now I can't get any maid yet cos the first maid still waiting for MOM's approval to be transferred. And I am stuck without a maid but yet I have to pay the levy and food and lodging etc.

The whole incident is not our fault. We never said don't want the maid. The maid doesn't want to work for us cos we cannot say her. In fact she is in the wrong and we need to correct her. This maid really got attitude problem. A few times she is caught by us sleeping in the kitchen without doing any work.

Their maids quality is really very bad.

hi all

how much did you pay for agency fees? for a first timer... would like to get a maid soon but there are so many agencies around and all with different charges

i got my domestic helper from ezjobsearch at Singapore shopping centre. So far she is good. Y i recommend is becos' I found Teena (owner, filipino) very professional and sincere. Maid quality also very good. But only filipino maids. You can tell her Joanne's recommended.

i got my domestic helper from Kovan hut the agency name is Hung Chau (Singapore) Pte Ltd. Mine is Indo maid she's a transfer maid and i'm the 3rd employer. Cos the 1st employer ill-treated her my maid work wif them for 2 mths den she discont as for the 2nd employer she had to look after elderly and the elderly pass away aft my maid had been 6 mths with them den transfer to my side. Their service is very good and i dun need to put so much upfront oso. We oso can chose the package. They got two package 1 is for $388 and the other 1 is for $288, forgotten wat the package is but could go down and ask. My Indo maid althought she never look after BB at all but she's very very patience with my 8mths old gal and she's willing to learn. And my gal is oso willing to follow her too.But i think it's all luck. Look for Ms Ti Ti or Ms Dasiy. Remember to tell tat U r recommened by Janice(tat's me). Thank you.

hi maureen, i tried JDM but dun find their services good! i went direct to the lady boss and sad to say that she's not very pro-active. And she likes to "influence" us to take own ctry exp maids when we have already told her that we are looking at overseas exp maids. I guess it's coz of short ss of overseas exp maids bah

And everytime we go to her agency to view bio-datas, she likes to talk to u when u r going thru the bio-datas! personally i find it highly irriating as I just want to quickly view thru, do selection and then go home to my baby already. instead I got to spend time "replying" her and she likes to boast of even ministers also going to them for maids (sounds like a broken record after a few times)!

But I have known of people who manage to get good maids from them so I guess it depends on luck too!

Hi ladies,

I personally have a maid for transfer. She is filipino, 2yrs exp in Singapore, 26yo, single. She is currently taking care of my toddler 18mths for about 4mths liao. I will be taking back my old maid as I prefer one who is 'smarter' to take control of my 2 older ones. She is very attentive to my toddler, so far he has minimal bumps and knocks but she cannot command control of the 2 older ones. She is avail immediately. Pls pm me.

Hi all..

I have some Myanmese Maids to recommend..They're friends/relatives of my own maid. They come with experience and have worked in embassies. They can speak English. My maid is fantactic also..you can come meet her.. :p

The usual agent fees will apply for the insurance, medical, training, exams etc etc till she arrives at your door step.

Let me know how I can help [email protected] HP: 81130573

Dear mummies

This is my experience with Besthelpers , suggest you to avoid them.i am waiting for my refunds for 2 months already,missylan(another mummy) also have the same problem,they always giving empty promise. bad service attitude from wexin and grace. They promise me to refund by so many dates, but never honour. ask them for written date to refund, they say they are not able to, as they are not the accountant.But they are representing the company, why not???? They just want to protect themselves. As written in the agreement refund is to be done within 1 month, but nothing had happened. Grace show me that kind of attitude and even slam my phone...what type of attitude...
when they try to close your sales they will even come to your house to sign agreement, but when doing refund...they won't even call you to update you. I already report to CASE and AEAS. Going to write to news publications now. This is just not the right way to do business.....

Maureen/Sweet: I used JDM oso and have a good maid from there... Grace is not the boss though :D

Personally I liked their selection of maids and the ability to see their video clip. They burnt my selected few to bring home for my hb to see oso and we take our time to see and observe the maid's body language when selecting :D

Hi, I got a transferred maid from Homekeeper at Bt Timah and somehow regretted it. Reasons being

1.staff service so-so only (sometimes quite proud);
2.agent fees on the high side;
3.maid if returned have to bear 30 days levy instead of 21 days;
4.salary for new maid from phillippine cost more ($400 with off day)
5.must top up to change from Indon. maid to phillippine maid

Hi Got some suggestions that mayb you would like to take note for selection of maids. I used to own maid agency and find that it is a very troublesome biz to handle and not so profitable. So decided to give up.
1) Maid agency selection of maids are important but also have to depend on the after sales service of the agency. Some agencies may charge cheap for their package fees but of cos there are some hidden agendas. So better read thru the terms and conditions.
*Important - if u would like to take the refnd and by when will they refund you that balance maid upfront loan that you have paid.
*Levy - How long must you bear the levy? What happen if it is over the period that suppose to transfer?
*What happen if maid runaway? Will you get back your refund?

I came across employers who start to accept everything and at the end of the day they deny that the staffs actually explain to them the terms when taking of maids.

There are some agencies that just want to close sales and promise heaven and earth. That the maids can do this and do that. Please note that maids are not super women. And they come from different cultural place. Must at least give them some time to adjust. Just judge yrself.

Sometimes employing a maid is just merely yr luck too. Just like we getting a staff to work for us.

As for me, all the while i take Filipino but without off day. I give them extra $$. I find that indonsian are not as loyal ratio 1:20 but filipino 1:10 .

Tis message seems bit long winded. But should anyone needs any info or advice pls feel free to drop me a message.

Hi, i got my maid from Vcare @ Bukit Timah Shopping Center..things ended quite ugly though

Recommend me 2 maids, say very good, highly recommend but all lies!
now i got no maid @ all..
agent oso very rude, will challenge/scold/raise voice at u infront of maids (make the maids think that u oso scared of agents, that agents are higher class than u) & oso speak many lies just to push maid to u, nv feedback after councel maid, ask them for help they'll go one big round tell u many stories in the end oso nv ans ur queries, complain oso no use cuz their boss side her staff & even maids!
also must use maid for 1 mth then can return maid if not need to pay maid's 1 mth salary when return early, need to pay another mth's levy till the maid get re-employed...spend S$100 on each maid for Bond protection, all contracts & insurance for maid & bond protection in a mess! wrong dates, ic no., etc!

they got a company under the same boss too Rejoice..

i am a mother also so when i heard my cousin maid run away in the morning leaving the children less tah 2 years old at home and run away without locking the door. would like to let all the mother here to beware of this maid. As i dun want this maid to it to other mum.

hi,
beware of this maid, she is my cousin philippine maid.

Think agent will transfer her out.

Maid name: Emily Mangaoang Parrocha
Nationality: philippine
Passport No: TT6623153
Wp no: 024160998.

DO NOT look for <font size="+1">Best Helper Employment</font> and <font size="+1">Best Maid(Bukit Timah)</font>. When signing contract, they are very nice. When problem arises, it is all EMPLOYER's fault! Waited almost 3 months for my refund. Damn telok agency!

Missylan, agencies are always like that. My previous agency is Citzen Familyhelper. Don't go to them too. That time I got 2 return maids to them. They told me within 21 days can get back the refund. Every week we have to call and rush them. Told them if I don't get back with go to MOM and CASE. After 21 days then get back the cheque.

Maureen,
Go CASE useless one! MOM also don't bother one about such thing one. Think they(agency) are more afraid AEAS, to save time, just go to Small Claim. CASE is not a legal party that agency got to reply no matter what. But Small Claim, they got to attend no matter what. I have learnt much from this stupid maid agency.

Hi,

Can I ask, if we get a transfer maid recommended by someone, how do I get an agency to settle all the paperwork etc? What do they charge and is it a standard fee regardless of which agent I use?

Maureen,
You beri lucky liao loh... 21 days only! In fact, after the maid is officially transferred out then after 1 month we shall be expecting refund.

mummies, try A*Star at Marshall Road, near Katong Shopping Mall. their maid database is not extensive but they do take time to listen to your needs and match to what they hv. very patient and friendly, no pushing. they only gave me 2 profiles, i was frankly quite disappointed by the limited choices at that time. but they took the effort to further discuss & understand our preferences, needs & wants. my final choice of maid turned out to be a godsend.

Have to be prepared that the maid has a lot of dirty clothes to wash when she first arrived at your place. Don't know how come they never wash at the agency.

Maureen,
Your maid come to your house 1st day, she wash her own clothes?

So wat is the agency fee? and how many time can we ask to change maid?
And at what situation we can ask for a refund?

Queen, that is because she arrived Singapore earlier for 4 days training. During these four days she didn't have the chance to wash there.

I paid agency $578. One time replacement.

Not too sure of the replacement.

Back