Any recommendation for good child care centre in Sembawang?

jeannie07

Hi! I'm planning to register my 8 month old baby boy for child care when he's 18 month old.

I understand that good child care centre require advance registration.

Please advise if you know of a good one in Sembawang. I stay at Canberra Road.

try My Little Campus. It has one at Sembawang and another at Canberra. My kids are at bishan branch. they teaches prewriting at 3 year old, and flash cards. cheap n gd

oh, the canberra one is near to my place...i will go find out more from the centre...
have u heard of care corner? it's at sembawang too. i waitlisted him for a slot and can only confirm tis aug or sep...

havent heard of care corner. My little campus shd be quite gd. my two kids were there. i cant put my no. 3 there yet for toddler class cos they already full house this year. dependg on ur expectation, they are quite basic (as in no extra piano, dancing, that kind of thing) but very structured and more academic based. they will give u mthly rpt on the child and a WEEKLY lesson plan. its $680 per mth, so after sub its just $380 per mth for full day. they hv workbks and library trips whc are free.

by the way, anyone heard of The Learning Point at Thomson plaza, or Kip McGrath or MOrris Allen? looking for enrichment or creative writing for my P1 girl

also, does anyone who have boys who write with whole arm instead of resting the wrist on the paper to write? my boy, 4, got this problem whc i dunno how to solve. his tracing is terrible.

im not too sure about boys writing with their whole arm on the paper, perhaps he will grow out of it when he goes to child care?

Dear mothers or mothers-to-be, if you are looking for an experienced nanny, feel free to contact my mom by sending me a personal message.

My mom has a lot of experience taking care of children as well as newborn. willing to take care for day and night.

Hi Jeannie,

Emmanuel Child Educare which is behind Semb Shopping Ctr is not bad too. So far, I thk they are the only ctr that has videocam facilities. i used to watch my child when she 1st started in pre-nursery. now k2 no need already. competent teachers. reasonable fees.

It's a bit far for us cos we dun drive...and i think it will be kinda rush for us to take bus to bring him there in the morning...
Thanks so much for sharing with us, Tumjia!

Hi Tumjia

I'm going to take a look at Emmanuel Child Educare.

They provide school bus services.

Are there anything that I need to look out for?

Hi,
I'm planning to send my son to child care center when he turn 18mth. How much is the fee/mth and school bus services @ Emmanuel Child Educare??

Hello Jeannie,

My name is Jeanny too, but different spelling
happy.gif
Also exploring Emmanuel for my 5 year old for K2. Do you know how much they charge for 1/2 day & full day per mth?

Hi Jeanny

I'm not too sure about the fees but you can make appt to go down take a look.

I didn't sign my boy at Emmanuel cos really not comfortable about him taking school bus.

hello jeanny
emmanuel child educare charge $680 for full day so after govt subsidy $380. my son has been there since mar'09, so far i am ok with the teachers...

hi,
where is emmanuel child educare at?

re: my litte campus at semb
they only take in kids 2 1/2 yrs or 3yrs leh. they dun take in 18mths kids leh.
sad.gif

sembawang so few childcare centres. damn sian...woodlands has more. but wondering if it's convenient to travel there or not. (eg if sick or wat, got to ask someone to travel there to pick kid up)

hi, me looking for childcare too! the ones i previously registered still waitig list, so now i look at sembwg one. Am looking at kids zone, wen there that day not bad, just that the centre is abit old. prefer this over my little campus, bcos its non aircon

MLC@482 did not give me a welcome feel, mayb its the one who ans the phone lor, but the one at 406 is much more frenly!
their price has increase it is now $430.n now no more 18mth.

kidszone also dun have nw but they are discussing still whether to open next yr, still a ???

i also wen to joy montessori opp the mrt, but its more ex, and i feel its too noisy, seems like they cant control the children tt well

I just registered my son do Emmanuel Child Educare. They going to increase SGD50-SGD70 of school fees next year. Please share with me your experience with ts childcare. Thanks in advance!

Hi Hui Li

I am looking for a nanny in Sembawang.
Please send me a pm if you see this as you do not accept pm.
Thanks!

I'm also thinking of finding a childcare to put my girl in when she turns 2. I stay near 406 little campus but it seems their waiting list is quite long. My son used to be at global childcare at blk 480+ but didn't find it that great cos they kept changing teachers. Does anyone find that childcare centres in sembawang like quite ex ah?

Hi Michelle

How old is your girl now? Perhaps you might want to put her on waitlist for My Little Campus?

My boy just joined them on 3 Jan and I placed the deposit one year ago. . . pretty happy with the teachers so far . . .

Hi all mummies, i also stay at sembawang. I am looking for a CC for my girl who is turning 3 years old on apr. And most of the CC i enquired are FULL!!? any1 have good recomendation on the CC, which focus on the personality development?

btw, any feed back for HOPE kindergarden? I am thinking if can't find a good CC, maybe will enroll DD to kinder next year.

TIA
happy.gif

Hi everyone,

Please let me have your opinions on the Cambridge Childcare @ Admiral Hill branch.
I am thinking to register my child with them for full day childcare programme, would like to know any mummies out there who have also placed their child in this centre.

Thank you, look forard to receiving your feedback.

Hi,

I have some feedback on emmanuel child educare. My son used to attend the center.

The teachers have poor command of the english language. I would say their english language ability is rather sub-standard, and it is appalling considering that they are supposed to be teaching the children and preparing them for primary school. The teachers who are supposed to be teaching english cannot communicate in the language properly. I have also seen grammatical and spelling errors that were not corrected.

The chinese language teachers are from China, so their chinese language ability is, of course, good.

Just some feedback. Thanks!

Hi davian,

Thanks.
happy.gif
Will check them out too. :p
But so far, any feedback? Do they communicate alot with parents? And involve the parents too?

Hello, I am looking for a child care centre in the Yishun/ Sembawang/ Woodlands vicinity for my child. Looking at this thread,I noticed that Emmanuel's fees for full-day child care was $680 (before subsidy) in 2010. According to the MCYS child care website, it is now $800 (before subsidy). This is an increase of $120 in two years. Are such price jumps common in childcare centres yet? Or were there some reasons behind the increases, eg. overhaul of the curriculum, new programs, new facilities etc? This is one of the centres I shortlisted (its within easy walking distance for me), however, I am concerned that the fees might continually increase over the next few years in this unpredictable economy.

Hey Astro, with reference to the teachers' command of the language, do you mean that they speak ungrammatically? Or, despite speaking grammatically, its not clear what they are to say? Or did you mean something else altogether?

Hi,

Can anyone give me more info about kidszone? Actually I prefer My Little Campus but too bad still in waiting list. My son is 4 yr old.
Thanks

Hi everyone,

Please let me have your opinions on the Cambridge Childcare @ Admiral Hill branch.
I am thinking to register my child with them for full day childcare programme, would like to know any mummies out there who have also placed their child in this centre.

Thank you, look forard to receiving your feedback.
Did you register your child in Cambridge at admiral hill? Can share with me. The curriculum, teacher, environment... Thanks

Back