Any private investigator to recommended?

Usually how long would a investigation take before they get evidence. I’ve gotten one 36hrs for 2k but he have miss many occasion and he followed the wrong car once! I need a closure soon it’s very torturing cuz he is home every night late

Looking at it. Although the PI charge very low price but I think your investigation will take forever.
He keep on missing him or to the extent of following the wrong car. What will be next? Follow the wrong person? If he is a professional. This shouldn’t happen. I feel now even if there is evidence, there will be cock up. Time to change good Private Investigator

Usually how long would a investigation take before they get evidence. I’ve gotten one 36hrs for 2k but he have miss many occasion and he followed the wrong car once! I need a closure soon it’s very torturing cuz he is home every night late

Omg, how could this happen?
Did u give the wrong number plates?
Time to change a Private Investigator.
Instead of solving your problem. He is creating more

Looking at it. Although the PI charge very low price but I think your investigation will take forever.
He keep on missing him or to the extent of following the wrong car. What will be next? Follow the wrong person? If he is a professional. This shouldn’t happen. I feel now even if there is evidence, there will be cock up. Time to change good Private Investigator

Anyway 36hours for 2k is very cheap. But to look for a good Private investigator cheap and budget doesn’t lead to good result

Yup I’m now using one @margret recommended. He is much more pressional but haven’t got the evidence yet. Still waiting, praying all will be well It has been a week

Will be good if you could share with mummies here the lousy and unprofessional Private Investigtor so that others will not fall into the trap.

Just to share this rouge PI, 9----202 name starts with D.

He kept chasing me for final payment and threaten to expose my case to my husband, until i tell him I'm going to report him, then the lousy PI got scared and say he absorb the balance that I don't want to pay. Very horrible.

The current PI is much much more thorough and professional. He doesn't anyhow charge, and make sure I know what I'm getting. Current PI also able to advise me and tell me what to do throughout, and explain how to get the best report i need so i can have upper hand in court against my husband.

He kept chasing me for final payment and threaten to expose my case to my husband, until i tell him I'm going to report him, then the lousy PI got scared and say he absorb the balance that I don't want to pay. Very horrible.

The current PI is much much more thorough and professional. He doesn't anyhow charge, and make sure I know what I'm getting. Current PI also able to advise me and tell me what to do throughout, and explain how to get the best report i need so i can have upper hand in court against my husband.

yes, expose those PI. will be good if can give the company name also.
can I know why he didnt pay him the final payment?
no matter what it's very unethical that he threaten to expose to your husband. should make a police report for his threat

yes, expose those PI. will be good if can give the company name also.
can I know why he didnt pay him the final payment?
no matter what it's very unethical that he threaten to expose to your husband. should make a police report for his threat

I didn't pay because he suddenly say all my hrs use up, but he nvr manage to follow them at all, not even a picture taken. Just GPS report on his whereabouts. Then he suddenly say 36hrs includes the GPS hours, which i wasn't aware and not stated in the agreement we sign, it was understood all along that when there is operation then the hours is counted. I felt very cheated, his report doesn't have anything, just words on this whereabouts and he didn't even sign to endorse the report.

i mean, i'm also to blame bcuz he is cheap and was introduced by a friend. Lesson learned.

I didn't pay because he suddenly say all my hrs use up, but he nvr manage to follow them at all, not even a picture taken. Just GPS report on his whereabouts. Then he suddenly say 36hrs includes the GPS hours, which i wasn't aware and not stated in the agreement we sign, it was understood all along that when there is operation then the hours is counted. I felt very cheated, his report doesn't have anything, just words on this whereabouts and he didn't even sign to endorse the report.

i mean, i'm also to blame bcuz he is cheap and was introduced by a friend. Lesson learned.

Yes, very good of you to highlight about bad PI.
It’s will help many other when they sourcing for PI.
However, your info on the lousy PI is not enough to be able to avoid him.

Saw this article. Very interesting.
Be careful when lawyer tell you that can divorce based on some lame reasons!

SINGAPORE - A financial director's attempt at a quick divorce, claiming that his wife of more than three decades had behaved unreasonably, was rebuffed in court.

The high-income, 59-year-old had blamed his wife for the breakdown in their marriage, claiming that she, a devout Buddhist and a strict vegetarian, had less time for him.

Among other things, he said that after entrusting her income to him for 30 years, she opted to manage her own income and contribute to family expenses separately.

But in judgment grounds earlier this month explaining her decision last year, District Judge Cheryl Koh told him he has to wait out the mandatory separation period to obtain the formal split.

She said at issue was whether the wife's conduct "should be construed as unreasonable, when it is the husband who has impregnated a younger woman and wished to extricate himself out of the marriage immediately".

The man did not deny the affair with a woman from Shanghai, in her 30s, but said the relationship started in 2010, after the marriage with his 57-year-old financial controller wife deteriorated.

Judge Koh ruled there was to be no quick divorce.

"The husband ultimately owed it to his wife of 35 years and mother of his three adult children to wait out the three or four years' separation required by law for a divorce on a no-fault basis, instead of blaming her for the breakdown of the marriage," she said.

The man filed for divorce in December 2016 on grounds that his wife had become overly engrossed with practising her Buddhist religion to the extent that she had neglected the husband's feelings and needs, among other things.

The wife, defended by lawyer Narayanan Vijya Kumar, countered that she and her husband were both Buddhists, and the religious sessions for her and her children were beneficial and positive.

The wife added that he was hardly at home and returned home late most of the time, especially after 2014, when she said he became involved with the woman from Shanghai.

The couple have known each other since childhood and pursued their university education in New Zealand. They were married there in May 1982.

Judge Koh was not convinced by the husband's claims, ruling it was not unreasonable for a spouse to continue to practise religious beliefs just because "the other spouse did not believe or practise to the same extent".

The husband had been taking part in the activities at a religious centre with the family since 2006, but stopped in 2010.

Judge Koh noted the woman from Shanghai had come to Singapore with her spouse and child. When she became pregnant around 2016 with the plaintiff's child, the hospital called the woman's husband by mistake.

The judge, in underscoring the "husband's predicament", said it must be "extremely trying" for the husband to start a new family again with his expectant girlfriend and was "yet unable to extricate himself from the perceived shackles of his unwanted marriage".

But she stressed divorce laws are meant to safeguard the sanctity of the institution of marriage as a cornerstone of Singapore society.

"If a spouse decided one day that he wished to move on with a third party, it did not mean that the spouse could abuse the court system by suddenly recalling all the alleged past instances of unreasonable behaviour by the other spouse for the past ten years or so, which he had apparently tolerated and lived with for the entire period, just so that he could immediately extricate himself out of his marriage."

"The wife believed that the Shanghai lady was only after the husband's money, and the husband would eventually realise the folly of his ways and return home after the divorce is dismissed. Only time will tell if the wife is correct," wrote Judge Koh.

The husband, represented by lawyer Low Jin Liang, is appealing.

SINGAPORE - A financial director's attempt at a quick divorce, claiming that his wife of more than three decades had behaved unreasonably, was rebuffed in court.

The high-income, 59-year-old had blamed his wife for the breakdown in their marriage, claiming that she, a devout Buddhist and a strict vegetarian, had less time for him.

Among other things, he said that after entrusting her income to him for 30 years, she opted to manage her own income and contribute to family expenses separately.

But in judgment grounds earlier this month explaining her decision last year, District Judge Cheryl Koh told him he has to wait out the mandatory separation period to obtain the formal split.

She said at issue was whether the wife's conduct "should be construed as unreasonable, when it is the husband who has impregnated a younger woman and wished to extricate himself out of the marriage immediately".

The man did not deny the affair with a woman from Shanghai, in her 30s, but said the relationship started in 2010, after the marriage with his 57-year-old financial controller wife deteriorated.

"The husband ultimately owed it to his wife of 35 years and mother of his three adult children to wait out the three or four years' separation required by law for a divorce on a no-fault basis, instead of blaming her for the breakdown of the marriage," she said.

The man filed for divorce in December 2016 on grounds that his wife had become overly engrossed with practising her Buddhist religion to the extent that she had neglected the husband's feelings and needs, among other things.

The wife, defended by lawyer Narayanan Vijya Kumar, countered that she and her husband were both Buddhists, and the religious sessions for her and her children were beneficial and positive.

The wife added that he was hardly at home and returned home late most of the time, especially after 2014, when she said he became involved with the woman from Shanghai.

The couple have known each other since childhood and pursued their university education in New Zealand. They were married there in May 1982.

Judge Koh was not convinced by the husband's claims, ruling it was not unreasonable for a spouse to continue to practise religious beliefs just because "the other spouse did not believe or practise to the same extent".

The husband had been taking part in the activities at a religious centre with the family since 2006, but stopped in 2010.

Judge Koh noted the woman from Shanghai had come to Singapore with her spouse and child. When she became pregnant around 2016 with the plaintiff's child, the hospital called the woman's husband by mistake.

The judge, in underscoring the "husband's predicament", said it must be "extremely trying" for the husband to start a new family again with his expectant girlfriend and was "yet unable to extricate himself from the perceived shackles of his unwanted marriage".

But she stressed divorce laws are meant to safeguard the sanctity of the institution of marriage as a cornerstone of Singapore society.

"If a spouse decided one day that he wished to move on with a third party, it did not mean that the spouse could abuse the court system by suddenly recalling all the alleged past instances of unreasonable behaviour by the other spouse for the past ten years or so, which he had apparently tolerated and lived with for the entire period, just so that he could immediately extricate himself out of his marriage."

"The wife believed that the Shanghai lady was only after the husband's money, and the husband would eventually realise the folly of his ways and return home after the divorce is dismissed. Only time will tell if the wife is correct," wrote Judge Koh.

This is very good info. I have friends who went for divorce as lawyers give assurance reasons is enough for divorce but in the end reject to go for separation or counseling. And when questioned why divorce not granted, lawyer reply judge is strict or lame excuses. So anyone who wants to file a divorce, pls make sure reason is valid or support with evidence.
Because in the end whether divorce granted or not, the lawyer still earn your money

Yes, very good of you to highlight about bad PI.
It’s will help many other when they sourcing for PI.
However, your info on the lousy PI is not enough to be able to avoid him.

Yes agrees with sad living, we should highlight those bad PI so that other won’t be cheated.

However, we must also know what we sign for and stand firm so that they will afraid to cheat others

wow good info because my lawyer keep saying unreasonable behavior of my husband not coming home and evidence of him daily hangout with the girl is good enough and especially now I’m pregnant, even though I don’t have adultery evidence yet. But my PI kept asking me to hold on and get aldultry evidence to avoid any chance of my husband fight back. As I was anxious to proceed with divorce I wanted to use unreasonable behavior but my PI keep asking me not to risk.

yes when u wan to file for divorce make sure your reasons is valid and not going to court with a weak reason and in the end your lawyer earn from contested divorce.
be smart

my lawyer say divorce sure granted jus the thing is abt child and house only.... haha... i hope my divorce is being granted... alot of unreasonable behaviour...

my lawyer say divorce sure granted jus the thing is abt child and house only.... haha... i hope my divorce is being granted... alot of unreasonable behaviour...

If divorce sure grant then no need judge to sit in the court.
if the reasons for divorce is weak, the other party can contest then your lawyer fees will increase.

If divorce sure grant then no need judge to sit in the court.
if the reasons for divorce is weak, the other party can contest then your lawyer fees will increase.

than maybe she see my case and say sure divorce is granted... cos separate for 1 year and no way to reconcile alot of unreasonable behaviour... now im going through a contested divorce.... long path ahead...

than maybe she see my case and say sure divorce is granted... cos separate for 1 year and no way to reconcile alot of unreasonable behaviour... now im going through a contested divorce.... long path ahead...
but u say your lawyer sure granted divorce why now contested?
u need to separate for 3 years minimum.

but u say your lawyer sure granted divorce why now contested?
u need to separate for 3 years minimum.

that is what i dunno also as in not sure... cos we have been married for 8 years... she say actually can file for divorce long ago.. but due to financial issue i couldnt afford.. but now my mom decided to help me and thus i engage a lawyer... she say can divorce but is abt my son and that bto only lor...

the lawyer say judge will sure granted divorce as in the marriage will be dissolve... now contest is abt my son and the flat... and he wants everything... his paper to me say he wants everything.. he doesnt wanna give me a single cent....

what is the reason stated. your lawyer say sure can divorce? if reason is weak and he contest then u are the one who lose out.

he wan what everything? try to negotiate if not if go court trial u will pay a lot.

what is the reason stated. your lawyer say sure can divorce? if reason is weak and he contest then u are the one who lose out.

he wan what everything? try to negotiate if not if go court trial u will pay a lot.

He want the house, he wan my son for sole care and control and custody... only allow me to see once a week and is from 8am to 12pm... cannot even bring him down stairs... he wan make me suffer... cos i only have my son... on the ground of unreasonable behaviour to divorce him cos he use to hit me and he dont let me go back to our house and dont let me see my son.. keep bringing him out and i msg him he didnt reply... the jerk know im poor no money de.. so he making things difficult

u should do your homework before filing.
since he is use violent on his, should have make a police report and get a ppo against him. and if he had also show violent with your child, applying for your child also. this way there is no way he us able to get care n control.

But unfortunately, he didnt violent on my son.. jus me... i did file a police report and a doc to examine my bruises... and that is when i can get my ppo... but ppo was given in nov 2016...

so u are using this violence to file a divorce? if so, it's so long will it be valid? if u can show he is a violent person, he wont be able to get care n control. lawyer didnt advice that?

I don't get why you would do that to someone, like deliberately hire a PI just to pull out dirt on your husband. It speaks volumes on your character as a whole. Instead, you need to start learning to trust because trust is what makes a marriage work. If it is not for him, then trust for your children's sake. Growing up without a father can be detrimental on child's mental state.

so u are using this violence to file a divorce? if so, it's so long will it be valid? if u can show he is a violent person, he wont be able to get care n control. lawyer didnt advice that?

When lawyer say i have ppo she was happy... she say can use it to say him... and i might need a good pi contact... Can recommend me?

When lawyer say i have ppo she was happy... she say can use it to say him... and i might need a good pi contact... Can recommend me?
pls check up on whether the ppo can be use as it happened many years, cos ppo also have deadline. if after happens and u still contiue to stay with him and didnt move out or file divorce, he might say u have already forgive him as u contiue staying with him then.

just because someone is giving you a valid second opinion on how you could handle things you immediately assume that person is a "he". I always believe that woman should stand up for themselves and learn to be independent. If he's really cheating then hiring a PI is as good as cheating on his trust. Besides is your heart ready for the truth? What next? Find enough evidence to call him and jerk and divorce? Then start a new thread crying about how hard it is to survive as a single mum.

Lets face the facts, if he really cheated he cheated. you cant change that. why now talk things out with him? ask him what can be done better to work at this rls. Once he realised his mistake he will stop and when that happens he will never turn back to his old ways. But if you catch him this time he will just find other ways to hide from you.

just because someone is giving you a valid second opinion on how you could handle things you immediately assume that person is a "he". I always believe that woman should stand up for themselves and learn to be independent. If he's really cheating then hiring a PI is as good as cheating on his trust. Besides is your heart ready for the truth? What next? Find enough evidence to call him and jerk and divorce? Then start a new thread crying about how hard it is to survive as a single mum.

Lets face the facts, if he really cheated he cheated. you cant change that. why now talk things out with him? ask him what can be done better to work at this rls. Once he realised his mistake he will stop and when that happens he will never turn back to his old ways. But if you catch him this time he will just find other ways to hide from you.

first of all we are not living in a fairy tales. if u are dreaming or high on drug cant sleep then look for your husband which I wonder whether are u marry also.

when a men cheat, he wont never admit that he cheated, he will lies and give excuse. to get a PI doesn't mean breaking the trust but to find out the truth. if he doesn't cheat then at least clear the suspicion. if he cheated then of course use the evidence to confront him or divorce.
to contiue staying with a person who cheat persistently is just living with a time bomb. one of the day he will just give up the marriage to be with 3rd party and the poor wife will have nothing to fall back on.

to talk to someone who cheated and ask him what he want is like telling a criminal I forgive u for robbing me and this let him alright to do it the 2nd or 3rd time.
a lot of people think once u confronted the person will never cheat but in reality, how many have done it again and again after confronted.

pls check up on whether the ppo can be use as it happened many years, cos ppo also have deadline. if after happens and u still contiue to stay with him and didnt move out or file divorce, he might say u have already forgive him as u contiue staying with him then.

yea.. but last year when quarrelling he did take a chair and i dunno is it wanna throw at me or what.. or suddenly think of i got PPO and then he throw it at the floor... lucky my floor got carpet... if not the floor sure break.. yea the lawyer say 1980 also can use.... i was like.... ok....... i forgive him that time but he nv touch me, he jus use things to vent his anger.. which is also scary...

pls look for another lawyer.
if your husband want to contest against the divorce, the reasons is not valid.
how could you use something that had happen in 1980, that's is 30 over years against him n also u have forgive him.

pls look for another lawyer.
if your husband want to contest against the divorce, the reasons is not valid.
how could you use something that had happen in 1980, that's is 30 over years against him n also u have forgive him.

hmmm.... i dunno... but there are alot of things to file.. like his unreasonable behaviour include, ever since my son is born he was never there for my son... everyday go out and his birthday he will not come back sleep.. 3d2n staycation with that girl... and everything also dont care.. quarrel liao cannot beat me he cut my clothing of 20++ pieces... and throw all my makeup and skincare away... he not jus put inside plastic bag... he pour and damage all the things and keep it in the store room and one fine day i smell something very strong and is my skincare... its in the store room... and i jus keep quiet abt it.. and after that next day or so, the plastic bag is gone... and alot of such unreasonable behaviour... and i need to hire PI to check on him cos i dont think he really take care of my son... jus let me son be with his parents...

hmmm.... i dunno... but there are alot of things to file.. like his unreasonable behaviour include, ever since my son is born he was never there for my son... everyday go out and his birthday he will not come back sleep.. 3d2n staycation with that girl... and everything also dont care.. quarrel liao cannot beat me he cut my clothing of 20++ pieces... and throw all my makeup and skincare away... he not jus put inside plastic bag... he pour and damage all the things and keep it in the store room and one fine day i smell something very strong and is my skincare... its in the store room... and i jus keep quiet abt it.. and after that next day or so, the plastic bag is gone... and alot of such unreasonable behaviour... and i need to hire PI to check on him cos i dont think he really take care of my son... jus let me son be with his parents...
ok. I have send a Private Investigator details which I have personally used previously

how was it?
was your current Private Investigator able to get you evidence against your husband?

Ex-wife awarded over half of $13.8m in assets

Source: Straits Times
Article Date: 21 Dec 2019
Author: Dominic Low

The man and his ex-wife, both 62, had been married for 35 years and have four adult children. In 2017, she filed for divorce after discovering that he had been having an affair.

The High Court has awarded the former wife of a business executive in divorce proceedings more than half of their matrimonial assets worth $13.8 million, stating that she had prioritised their children over her career.
In his judgment published on Thursday, Judicial Commissioner Tan Puay Boon said that in dividing the assets, he also took into consideration the duration of the marriage and the man's failure to make full disclosure of his income and assets.
Among other things, the man did not submit income tax statements for his employment in China, or supporting documentation of his insurance policies, Chinese bank accounts and overseas investments.
He also took $1.25 million of proceeds from the sale of a property which the couple had held jointly, but failed to account for such withdrawal.
The man and his ex-wife, both 62, had been married for 35 years and have four adult children.
In 2017, she filed for divorce after discovering that he had been having an affair. An interim judgment was granted in February last year, with issues of matrimonial asset division and maintenance left for the High Court to decide on Thursday.
In distributing the assets between the parties, the judicial commissioner eventually determined the ex-wife's share of the assets to be about $7.3 million.
As the portion of the assets currently held by the former wife amounts to about $3.3 million, he ordered the man to transfer the shortfall of about $4 million to her.
However, he did not award the ex-wife any maintenance. Rejecting her proposal for a lump-sum maintenance of $270,000, he stated that she already had a substantial share of the matrimonial assets, including property at Robertson Quay which she was receiving rental income from.
She was also receiving financial support from her three older children.
He pointed out that she would be receiving an additional $4 million from the man as a result of the division of the matrimonial assets.
In relation to their youngest child, who is 21 years old, the judicial commissioner noted that both parties were willing to financially support the child's overseas university education.
He ordered them to collectively maintain the child and share the costs of her university expenses, but left it to the parties to determine the proportions of such maintenance.

Ex-wife awarded over half of $13.8m in assets

Source: Straits Times
Article Date: 21 Dec 2019
Author: Dominic Low

The man and his ex-wife, both 62, had been married for 35 years and have four adult children. In 2017, she filed for divorce after discovering that he had been having an affair.

The High Court has awarded the former wife of a business executive in divorce proceedings more than half of their matrimonial assets worth $13.8 million, stating that she had prioritised their children over her career.
In his judgment published on Thursday, Judicial Commissioner Tan Puay Boon said that in dividing the assets, he also took into consideration the duration of the marriage and the man's failure to make full disclosure of his income and assets.
Among other things, the man did not submit income tax statements for his employment in China, or supporting documentation of his insurance policies, Chinese bank accounts and overseas investments.
He also took $1.25 million of proceeds from the sale of a property which the couple had held jointly, but failed to account for such withdrawal.
The man and his ex-wife, both 62, had been married for 35 years and have four adult children.
In 2017, she filed for divorce after discovering that he had been having an affair. An interim judgment was granted in February last year, with issues of matrimonial asset division and maintenance left for the High Court to decide on Thursday.
In distributing the assets between the parties, the judicial commissioner eventually determined the ex-wife's share of the assets to be about $7.3 million.
As the portion of the assets currently held by the former wife amounts to about $3.3 million, he ordered the man to transfer the shortfall of about $4 million to her.
However, he did not award the ex-wife any maintenance. Rejecting her proposal for a lump-sum maintenance of $270,000, he stated that she already had a substantial share of the matrimonial assets, including property at Robertson Quay which she was receiving rental income from.
She was also receiving financial support from her three older children.
He pointed out that she would be receiving an additional $4 million from the man as a result of the division of the matrimonial assets.
In relation to their youngest child, who is 21 years old, the judicial commissioner noted that both parties were willing to financially support the child's overseas university education.
He ordered them to collectively maintain the child and share the costs of her university expenses, but left it to the parties to determine the proportions of such maintenance.

Good article. That why when look for lawyer get a few opinion before you decide on one. As there are many outside not even familiar with family laws

Back