Any one went for dye xray

babyhelp

Hi,

Any of u went for a dye scan to check any blockage with the Fallopian tubes? Or if only left with 1 tube and to check if that is ok or damage?

Is it painful?
How much it cost? Can use Medisave?
How Long it takes to know the results?
As side effects?

Thanks.

yes i did HSG. i heard friends said it is painful so i request doctor to give me painkillers. doctor was reluctant to give me but i insisted.

HSG can be painful for some.

if the radiographer is nice she will tell you the results on the spot. otherwise you wait till doc review with u.

no side effects unless you are allergic to iodine.

no bd before HSG and no bd 1 month after HSG.

i went to private so i dont know if there is any subsidy.

around +/- $150

there is no subsidy for KKh..
In fact, can bb dance after HSG... HSG helps u to clear the way for sperm to swim it and the iodine actually makes u slightly fertile.. I got my #1 with HSG.. hehe ^^

yes i did HSG. i heard friends said it is painful so i request doctor to give me painkillers. doctor was reluctant to give me but i insisted.

HSG can be painful for some.

if the radiographer is nice she will tell you the results on the spot. otherwise you wait till doc review with u.

no side effects unless you are allergic to iodine.

no bd before HSG and no bd 1 month after HSG.

i went to private so i dont know if there is any subsidy.

around +/- $150

Hi Jayjayqueenie,
mind to share your dr detail?
$150 sounds reasonable.. you paid by cash? or medisave? I have tried asking afew private dr and they quoted me 300+ for Hsg test excluding consultation..

Hi Jayjayqueenie,
$150 sounds reasonable.. you paid by cash? or medisave? I have tried asking afew private dr and they quoted me 300+ for Hsg test excluding consultation..

actually it was a few years back. i might have remembered the wrong price.

like i mentioned i went private so no medisave. just cash.

Hi Jayjayqueenie,

Hihi,

I had mine done 1/2 year ago at TMC. It was around $250 paid by medisave. =)

Back