Any mums stay @ sengkang

yes, so 'qiao'. any tips on how to bond your boy & girl? do they play the same toys since young? my girl prefers to play her brother's remote control car rather than soft toys. I dunno what to say...

I'm more 'active' on the buangkok thread as my MIL looks after my children while I'm at work.

Hi everyone,
I stay at 245 Compassvale Road!
happy.gif

Hi gmmummy,
sorry, can't help here,
our kids are at CCC in Tampines,
but I'll suggest getting a place near to your home,
it'll be easier for the caretaker to bring them to & fro home,
rain or shine...
happy.gif

In additional, there are lots of kids in sengkang,
you need to place your kid's name on the waiting list ASAP,
many places are fill up very quickly,
or with a long list on waiting already...

Good Luck.
happy.gif

hi leng leng

thanks very mcuh for your reply and advice ;)

charm! lots of kids in seng kang ;( hopefully have a places for my children ........

1 male and 1 female

i don't mix all girls sch or all boys sch ;)

but now gota find all gal's sch or mixed sch cos my gal gota register next year already ...

Why not try for a school walking distance to your home?
You need to call the school to check the chances of getting a place without PV.

the sch will actually tell us this sort of thing?hahah, i din know.. ok will check it out.

u know any 'good' sch besides nan chiau? hope to call these first
happy.gif

cos my future house within 1km has a few. but not sure which is better ;( also has within 2km sch.

freedom (gmmummy) : My kids are in Amazing star Montessori , not too bad!
happy.gif
but long waiting list. my sis ask them , they say next year also cannot confirm have place.
sad.gif

I am thinking of putting my son in Nan chiau and Rivervale primary. Nan Chiau's PV also not easy to enter.
sad.gif

hi leng leng

no worries ;) thanks for your reply ;)

hi florence
mind to share what attracted you to amazing star montessori compared to the rest of the childcare centres?

rivervale pri is good?

Hi Florence,

Sorry for MIA for so long
happy.gif
How are you?

Hi Freedom,

There are lots of child care centre in Seng Kang. Some are quite cheap. You have to check it out and visit them to find out more. As for primary school, you can also consider Mee Toh which is located in Punggol.

hi jessie

thanks for your info.

i have been visiting the childcares with lots telling me that they are full ;( some not even willing to wait list me ;(

hence not so sure, which one has good comments?

we are considering nan chiau in seng kang. but its such a popular sch. so not very sure what's my chances even if i ballet in phase 2c.

Hi Freedom,

You have to shortlist a few cc that you think is good and request for waitlist. Which cc have you visited?

Even if you are within 1km from the school, you still have to try your luck when balloting. You can try to request to do PV if it is not too late and the school is still willing to take in PV.

hi jessie

i have visited quite alot..in sengkang as well as punggol carp diem...

quite lost count..

there's a few quite impressionable to me and so i thot maybe could get some comments from here ;)

i'm too late for pv.. my gal gota registernext year already....

Hi Freedom,

My boy is formerly from Kinderland SK. If you ask me about this cc I would say is not bad and you can put it in your list if you are comfortable with the fee.

Since you are too late for pv then you have to try your luck on the ballot. Good luck!

<font size="+1">Hi,

A long black wallet has been <font color="ff0000">STOLEN</font> today (SATURDAY) at around <font color="0000ff">1.30pm to 2pm</font> at <font color="0000ff">Seng Kang Compasspoint Metro</font>, 2nd floor, fitting room at the children's section.

The wallet was removed from a blue waist pouch that was left hanging in 1 of the cubicle in the fitting room. The person <font color="ff0000">TOOK the wallet</font> and left the blue pouch untouched.

Am appealing to all, to PM me if you happen to find this wallet.

I do not wish to pursue the money lost, but would like to get the rest of my document back.

Thank you.

A very depressed mum..
sad.gif

</font>

A metro staff found the pouch and pass to the security guard. A lost report also made with compasspoint customer service counter. A police report also made at the sengkang neighbourhood police post.

As there's surveillance camera installed in Metro, there will be investigation between the police officer and the metro security as the staff will be able to identify who went in and out of the fitting room. Cos it was left unattended for just 15minutes or so...

Sigh..

Hi mum2zm,

Sorry to hear the incident happened on Sat. I hope the police officer and the metro security are able to identify the person who took the wallet. Hope that person is able to return you all the documents. Do keep us update on the outcome.

Please take note especially if you stay near Compassvale area (Blk 25x plus, 261 side).

A Malay guy was recently spotted loitering near a pre-school and finding opportunity to get acquaintance with the maids. A mummy has even saw him talk to another maid at other block and then went up the lift with her after a while.

Today, he was loitering near my child's preschool and it seems that he even tried to hug a maid or something like that. When the rest of the parents arrived, the mummy recognised him as he cycled past the school, slowly. He seems aware that we were talking about him and even dared to reverse back to ask us what is the problem. The mummy was brave to tell him not to harass the maids here (the maid mentioned above had already gone back home). He was not scared at all and even challenged us to call the police.

To cut the story short, at the police station, it's sad that there's nothing the police can do cos' he did not do anything that is against the law yet. Even with a few of us parents making the effort to walk to the NPC, the police told us there's nothing they could do. But at least, think they have a record of his particulars.

So do take note if you see a malay guy loitering outside childcare centre or preschool in Seng Kang area, just give a call to the police to check on him.

If you have maid too, do caution them about this guy. It seems that he is a Singaporean and stay around Compassvale area too.

Hi all,

I am new to this thread, I live in Rivervale Cres.

Freedom> My son is in Amazing Star and I like it very much. He seems really grown up after entering the school =) Hope this give you a guide.

hi monica

thanks for your info ;)

could you kindly tell me more about it? which year is your boy in? mine in 2007.

thanks again ;)

hi hi

by any chance anybody put their child in shekinah montessori in snegkang? any feedback/comments/opinions pls?

appreciate if you could let me know or pm me pls.

cos maybe thinking of withdrawing my boy in his current childcare.

thanks.

Freedom,

He is born in 2007. The school organised excusion every term on what they have learnt. Teachers are pretty nice and dotes on kids a lot.

hi monica

your son is same year as mine ;)

may i know academic part, what are they doing this year? or learnt ??

cos i keep seeing my son not doing much in his childcare, bit concerned. cos i saw the children staring into the blank space quite a few times. ;(

by the way, how much is the fees?

Freedom

This term they are doing Occupation. Previously - All about me, transportation, food, etc.

Each term, they will send us the topic that they will be teaching.

Mandarin for this term is - 新鲜的水果

As for the fees, I think they are charging $850 currently for new PG students. However, your child is born in 2007, understand from one of my friend whom is really keen since last year - There is no vacancy for 2007 kids liao =(

hi monica

i just called them. they are fully book even for next year ;(((( so sad......

just curious, where did your friend put her child in the end?

Hi, mummies

Me, being first mummy.. in big big Dilemma..

Have anyone sent your kids (Age appro 20mths old)to learning centre yet? I am in Dilemma if i want to send him over to take some learning courses during weekend.. Any mummies have any lobangs if near rivervale mall have any classes that can be taken during weekend? C.C. will have such programs anot?

hi all,
i'm newly move in to anchorvale, i have 2 sons, age 3+ (born 2006) and 2+ (born 2008). Currently my elder son attending Nativity church school and younger in tot house. It was really bad quality in tot house, but i do not have much choice as apple tree is not taking my son, only can enter next yr. Nativity church sch also not bad, at least my son was happy to go school everyday.

Do share with me is there any childcare near this area as am thnking if better to put them in full day childcare.

Back