Any mummies stay at Toa Payoh?"

Hi Mummies
Just read this thread. Hello!
I'm at one of the pointblocks at Lor 4, near to ang mo supermkt..convenient location... 122 sq m.
5-room.. occupancy at my flat increased more than 100% frm hb/me to 3 kids and a maid within 4 years...hehe
I'm a FTWM of a 2yr 9.5 mth boy and a pair of 9.5 mths twin gals.

sasha
Hi! U r still the cool mummy, 4 kids and still so calm!!

hunniepot
U are at the brick blocks area??
My inlaws, parents, bro/famy are all near to me..

Hi pooh,

Didnt know you stay so near me.. hehe... BTW do you use nepia? Cos if you do, we can share the diapers? Blk 116 got nice yong tau foo? Didnt know about it leh.. everyone seems to be saying that TPY's food is good, but it just doesnt suit me and hubby's taste buds.. maybe we didnt explore further.. only shifted to TPY last year.. I have been a West side person all my life...

styloBB,

Yeah lor.. at the bricks block area.. your side is very convenient.. esp with the ang mo supermkt now.. my side is not so convenient... near the market but im more of a supermarket person
happy.gif

hunniepot

me have been staying in TP since i was born...so here is my 'HOME' . hehehe. me almst buy the brick blocks area but too expensive at that time..owner asking for more than half million...crazy hor..

btw, where is ang mo ???

pooh
u at the 200+ series?
u dun noe ang mo, then u not so at HOME in tpy..hehe... it's near nat'l semi-conductors factory site... the MP diapers are cheap here leh...

yeah bricks blks area exp, my bro/fmy lives there

hunniepot
u paid a lot for ur flat then...?

my gals use nepia n i order frm Dignus.

hi stylobb

me at 23+ there lah..but quite near 200+ also.. ang mo at which block and lorong wat?? i seldom go lor 7 and 6 leh...i more 'pro' in lor 1 lor

morning pooh
ang mo is lor 4... i think is blk 85... the three blks that are connected...

hunniepot
U hv a kid?? or more?
i agree with u re the surrounding area... i find the shops v messy...me also more a supermkt person.

Hi pooh,

The ang mo market is at blk 85 A, B or C area.. quite near to central that side... yeah lor.. my neighbours actually purchased their flat (low floor somemore) at 600K ++ abt 5 yrs ago... my flat, got it at low 400K, quite a steal, compared to what my next door neighbours got it at..

styloBB,

Yeah.. the shopps and messy and dirty.. and there are alot of dog owners ard my area (I am a dog owner too) and so many of them actually let their dogs pee and poo at the pillars!

I have a 7months old girl
happy.gif
You?

hi everyone.. me still looking for a flat. Yesterday viewed a 4room at blk 80. owner asking close to 400k..

anyone knows if apple tree takes in kids from what age? 18mths? I'm thinking of enrolling nicholas for a couple of hours programme. he's 15mths old liao..

Hi Mummies
This thread is v slow hor...

hunniepot
Er, I posted previously, me a working mum, have a boy 2yrs 9.5mth, a pair of twin gals 9.5 mths.
Do u work?

nicky's mom
TPY flats are indeed not cheap... but TPY is v convenient.. can't imagine staying elsewhere

Think there is one Appletree around 80+ area.. and they only accept 2 yrs and above, cos that time wanted to send my boi there, he was too young, they dun accept.

stylobb

wow, u a mummy of 3 !! *clap*

so u working and who's taking care of your 3kids?? not easy hor..after work, still have to play and make time wif kids and needless to say, time for your own and ur hubby..do u have a helper??

pooh
Er...thanks...kekeke

I hv my 3 M's (maid, mum, mil) who help me out. Hv a good and competent maid. Yeah, not easy... stimes dun know how I cope....

Thanks Jowin for the website.

stylobb, i've also got 1 and a half Ms (Maid and mum) mum's half cos she only looks after the elder one. and i cannot cope without my maid. she's almost 50 and i'm slightly more than half her age. But she can chase after my younger son the whole day while i'll declare dead tired within an hour..

Hi everyone!

Nicky's Mom,
Apple Tree enrollment for next yr is meant for toddler borned in the yr 2004. So dont think they will accept you. My son born in2005. Had enrolled him in Deerland next yr. $400k for 4rm flat in TP is not worth. The 5rm unit/EA (braddell mrt)are selling for $400kplus. Its more worthwhile. Older units at Lor8 (4rm) selling at $200k plus only.

I have been staying TP for my whole life but dont know where is ang mo leh! Yet my mum's place is so near to blk 85.

Hi Pantone,

Is Deerland a childcare centre? what do they do in class and what are the fees like? Also, where are they located?

sorry for having so many questions..

Hi Nicky's mom,

Deerland is not a childcare centre. They have a section for before/after school care centre and another section for playgroup/nursery etc. I've enrolled my son to 2hr mon-fri playgroup.Its the only centre that I can find in toa payoh that accept toddler borned in 2005. Most of them only accept borned in 2004. Its not a fantastic place but considering $125(cant remember exact price), excluding materials, insurance, admin, uniform etc, its cheaper than ntuc/kinderland. And its near my place. BTW, its located at blk 50 and another branch near SPH building, Lor 1, Another option for you is kinderland at safra or ntuc.

If you are looking for childcare, there's plenty of choice in TP. All centre accept 18mths and above.

Hi Nicky's mom,

Something to add. The NTUC at kim keat accept 18mths above for 3hr playgroup. But not the one at central. Thought of sending my son there, but not a convenient place for me.

Thanks pantone..

I'm not looking for childcare for the time being cos i still keeping the maid.

Am looking for those 2 hours play sessions so that he can learn to interact and share his toys.

BTW, don't consider sending your kid to the NTUC at Toa Payoh Central. The teachers and principle are terrible. I had a terrible experience with them.

Hi Nicky's mom,
If u are looking for 2hr play group, only NTUC kim keat accept 18mths. Next is Deerland, entry age is 24mths. Others in TP have to be borned in 2004 for next yr enrollment.
I'm surprised to hear that NTUC TP central is no good. Spoken to the principal before. Seems ok to me.

Something to add. If i'm not wrong, kinderland at SAFRA accept 18mths for 1/2 day childcare. But they are much more exp than deerland and ntuc.

hi nicky,
I am most likely sending my 17 months daughter to this small montessori school (in a shop) opposite pei chun pri. It is a 1.5 hours playgroup. The class size is around 4 to 6. It is about 150 a month.

Hi pantone,
i looking for 2 or 3 hours classes in the afternoon cos morning time my elder son also at home so the maid can't bring the younger one for classes.

The last time when i registered my elder son for childcare at NTUC TP Central, he was down with quite serious cough and fever after 2 days in school. what made me very mad was there was not even a call from school asking me what was wrong with my kid for not going to school for almost 1 week cos he was hospitalize but can call me and ask me to go down and pay his school fees. when i told them i have the intention of putting him out of school cos he's ill, they insist i have to give them 1 month notice or 1 month's school fees. Made me quarrel with them over this.. arrghh..
sad.gif
still angry when i think about it.

Young Talent at lorong 2 is a lot better. 1 day never go to school, the prinicple will still call and ask if he's ill or if anything was wrong.. at least they are concern bout him. there are a couple of times when hb and me cannot pick him up by 7pm cos we were stuck in the meeting, the teacher still bring him home and gave him dinner and we will pick him at the teacher's home. at least they are willing to go that extra mile..

hopeac,

today i saw some small children wearing t-shirt "teddy's playhouse".. is that the school? cos i search yellow pages and website but there is no such listed school.

Opposite as in Lorong 7 or Lorong 5?

hi pooh, hopeac, can tell me which block is the montessori place located? I'm also interested to let my boy join the class if possible. He's 15mths old now..

Just checked with my elder son school that he's in the morning session, so will have to find nicholas a session that is in the morning too.

Hi hopeac
Interested to know more about this playgroup too! What's the min age? I've been searching almost the whole of TP liao!

Hi all,
There's no reply from hopeac but I guess she's talking about the one at Blk 8. Just heard from my aunty yesterday. Check it out just now but the door was locked. Called the mobile but nobody pickup. Its at blk 8, lor8. The centre name is The Champs Creative Centre. A small corner unit. The brochure states Montessori & Brain Intelligent Playgroup from 20mths to 3+yrs old. Mon to Fri. Little Apple (9am to 10.30am), Little Mango (10.30am to 12.00pm)

Thanks pantone.. i was planning to walk around the lorong 7 area tomorrow cos am on leave. I'll go over tomorrow morning and check out the centre.. Let you know if i have any findings.

Hi Nicky's mom,
The door is locked when they are conducting class. I tried to call them once in the morning, once in the noon and once in the late afternoon but no answer from them. Dont know if its the right number or not. But its stated in the leaflet.I dont think i'm comfortable to put my son in a place where he's not reachable.

Hi <font color="ff0000">mummies</font>,
just find this TPY mummies thread.. so glad!! lost contact with TPY mummies ever since last time the forum made some movements..

so happy to c u all again!

Hi Toa Payoh mummies,
I vividly remember a mummy from this thread asked if there is any nursing room in toa payoh central. Well, just to share, I stumbled upon a nursing room at HDB hub when I went to the Standchart bank there last Thursday. The nursing room is located at a very ulu place that, I would say is quite hard to find. Have to take the stairs case besides Mac to go to the second floor, it's somewhere near the 2nd floor lift lobby. Very nice room but defintely under-utilised :p

hi,
Like to check with mummies in TP if anyone have heard anything abt the childcare centre in Blk 199 before? Any feedback appreciated, thanks.

Hi Selina,
Saw your posting in Jan'05 thread.I'm also a Jan'05 Mummy but never done any posting in that thread. Just a "loyal" reader there.Are you the one who was looking for a child care/playgroup in our previous thread? You went to the one a balestier isit? BTW this thread is very slow. I think maybe its because TP is a old estate. Not many mothers with young children around here.

Hi <font color="ff0000">pantone</font>,
yah just saw ur msg in jan 2005 thread.. my son is born on 06 Feb 2005, but i think is ok to read in the Jan thread
happy.gif
thanks for the msg.

no i didn't send my son to any child care yet.. if i go, maybe will send to HDB club one.. it is the nearest and environment and teachers looks ok.. did u send ur bb to any childcare?

i saw a lot of parents with young children in TPY area leh, but just seems not many good child care or playgroup here leh..

any good 2 hr playgroup in TPY area? was thinking of GUG, but is a bit inconvenient..
thanks!

selina, i used to send nick to GUG.. but the staff there kind of look down on my maid so i stopped after 1 term.

HDB club one is good but ex. need to be put on waiting list. there is a special price for HDB staff.

Samuel is attending young talent at lorong 2. also quite good and teachers are very helpful. Don't bother to go the NTUC at the hub.

Let's see.. here's a list of childcare and playgroup in TPY, maybe other mummies can help to add on the list.

CHILDCARE
- HDB club
- Young Talent (lorong 2)
- NTUC TPY
- NTUC Kim Keat
- Kinderland (safra)

PLAYGROUP
- Apple Tree (Kim Keat)

Hi Mummies
I also lost this thread.
FYI Ang Mo supermkt is selling
MP at $15.75
Similac follow on at $29.50
Gain at $23.80
Big Gain at $44.30
Grow at $26.50 (extra 300g free, so is 2.1kg)
Worth checking it out!!!

CHILDCARE
- HDB club
- NTUC TPY
- NTUC Kim Keat
- Kinderland (safra)

PLAYGROUP
- Apple Tree (Kim Keat)
- Kiddy ABC (near Braddell MRT)
- Apple Tree (Blk 86, I think.. around the 80+ flats)
- Deerland (can't rmbr exact name or Blk nbr)

Hi <font color="ff0000">Nicky's mum</font>,
thanks for ur info.. Young Talent is quite near to my home..u also live nearby, is it? do u have the telephone no for it? wanna call to arrange a visit..

at what age u send Samual to YT?

CHILDCARE
- HDB club
- NTUC TPY
- NTUC Kim Keat
- Kinderland (safra, <font color="ff0000">will relocate soon, dunno where</font>)

PLAYGROUP
- Apple Tree (Kim Keat)
- Apple Tree (Blk 86)
- Methodylist Church (Lor 1, opp bus terminal, take in 2.5yo+)

shall we compile a list of the TPY bbs? i used to have one from the old thread, but think it maybe outdated already.. i know some mummies in other area hold regular playdate with some structrured activities, shall we organize one too? since we all live so near?

Hi all,

This my contribution :

CHILDCARE
- HDB club
- NTUC TPY
- NTUC Kim Keat
- Kinderland (safra)

PLAYGROUP
- Apple Tree (Kim Keat)
- Apple Tree (Blk 86, I think.. around the 80+ flats)
- Deerland (Blk 50)
- NTUC Kim Keat

Hi Selina,
Sorry, got confused. My son is born on Jan '05. What's your son's weight now? My son is only 12kg but his height is already 87cm. Dont know why he is very cranky and fussy with food now. Just eat a few mouth of porridge, a few bits of char siew, few vege, spit out fish, almost spit out everything. Everyday mealtime is a big headache. He only eats a little of everything. Not sure if its because of teething problem. He also have very bad bowel movements. The latest record is 5days! Everyday when i send my maid and him to my mom's place, he's always demand for this demand for that. When we refuse to give in, cry and cry and simply lay on the floor. Really helpless.

Hi Nicky's Mom,
Have you check out the playgroup at blk 8?

we post at same time, info got overwritten.
happy.gif

CHILDCARE
- HDB club
- NTUC TPY
- NTUC Kim Keat
- Kinderland (safra, will relocate soon, dunno where)

PLAYGROUP
- Apple Tree (Kim Keat)
- Apple Tree (Blk 86)
- Methodylist Church (Lor 1, opp bus terminal, take in 2.5yo+)
- NTUC Kim Keat

my son wt is abt 12.5kg, ht is abt 88cm. ur bb is also quite tall one.. same feeling for meal time leh, so hard to feed.. we have to entertain him with something or let him play with the food etc.. cannot sit long on high chair any more.. sometimes if cannot fufill his demand , or when he just get up, always refused to wear shorts etc leh, he also will lay on floor.. headache.. but think this is normal.. heard of lot of kids will lay on floor one.. will get better!! but he poo poo everyday. if 5 days, i think the kids will not feel comfortable leh.. maybe u let him drink some Yakult etc?

where u stay? i m staying in TPY central..

Pantone, no i didn't. went over to sam's primary school that day to buy books.

Selina, i left my hp at home today. tomorrow i post the number here. I live in lorong 8.

my younger son is 15months now. can confirm 1 thing.. he;s overweight. 14kg last month. it's getting more and more difficult to carry him these days. but funny is he don;t look fat. maybe he's tall. need to check his height when he goes to the PD the next round.

hi mummies

where is this kiddy ABC located?? i'm pretty near braddel mrt but din know there is one playgroup there leh

linda, i think the childcare is located at blk 200 . dnt think its blk 199. my friend's child is at blk 200 childcare. she says the schl is ok

Hi Pooh,
Kiddy abc sounds familiar. If i'm not wrong, they operate in RC rooms. The last time I called them, they said they dont have enough students to start a class. They have one at TP Central. Dont know the blk no. but its the point blk near library. Alot of old people play chess there.they should have more than one class in toa payoh. Maybe you can check around TP. They usually have the long banners near the class.

Hi Selina,
Brought my son to the library last fri. There's this small little girl keep following my son. Keep giving my son books and hold his hand. My son is so shy, refused to move. So funny. The girl is 2.5yrs now and shes shorter than my son. Guess our dear sons are really tall.Wow, nicky's mom son is already 14kg. Dont know when can upgrade my son's diaper to XL.

Hi Selina,
I'm giving my son probiotics daily. Will mix it into his milk bottle every morning and night. There's great improvement in his bowel movement initially. But know know why after a while, his bowel movement start to delay from daily to 3-5 days now. Wasted my money, after doc gave me 1 bottle, I bought another 6 bottles from GNC.

Pantone, nick have been using XL since 8mths old. Am praying hard either he gets toliet trained or his bum better not expand so fast. XXL only comes in pull-ups and they cost 2x the price of normal diapers.

Kiddy ABC once have the banner near the library, had called, but also say class not start yet as not enough children.. then later lazy to register..

oh u remind me of 1 funny thing in the library. once a 4yo gal kept chasing my son too.. and also ask me: can i hug him? hoho then she hug and kiss my son.. so interesting gal. her grandma says she loves bb.

so far my son poopoo everyday, if not, my mum start to worry..

my son already use XL diapers long long time ago leh.. recently bought pull up pants..

wat ur boy do daily? yesterday some frends came visit us, my son is so excited to see other kids.. he is so angry and sad when they have to go...

Back