Any mummies stay at Toa Payoh?"

hi there,
here's one
happy.gif
where in TP are you?

i am at lor 2. there used to be one but the thread seems to be missing & i dunno where the rest of the TP mummies are!!

how many kids do you hv??

hi guys!!!!!
i've been lokking for the toa payoh mummies thread too.iam stayng in toa payoh kim keat link. mummy to 3 yrs old boy

Hi,

I m living at Balestier area. It seems no mummies are from there. Can I join u? I used to go to Toa Payoh central.

veera,
yes i remember u frm the old thread! wateva happened to it?? hopefully the rest of the mommies will find us here!
u were looking for school for ur boy last time...hv you found any??

fei fei,
welcome, balestier is in the vicinity so why not??

veera,
oh yes...its all coming back now, sorry! i think there were a couple other mommies in the thread looking for one in the area
happy.gif
i hope they will see this thread too. so much for the gathering that we've been planning!!

i hv 3 more wks before i'm due wt my current pregnancy so bit eager to get that over & done wt so we can all settle wt new routine
happy.gif
how abt u, how hv u been?

hi dear!
congrats!!!! b/g? i'm good just bz with work and son. just celebrated his 3rd bday. yeah so much for our gathering. hope fully the rest of the gang find us , and w can go ahead with ur gathering. anyways take care!
happy.gif

My baby girl just turns 2 mths old. Hee hee! I am a first-time mummy. Taking care of her all by myself....... quite tiring at times.

Glad to know you gals on-line.

veera,
its a girl so now feel complete
happy.gif
happy belated b'day to your boy then...did anything special? my eldest turned 3yr in may so they are both born in same yr!

celestine,
congrats on your new born, how are you coping? first few mths are always draining, but it gets better
happy.gif
if you need any advise, help...juz buzz in here. we can do plygroup for our babies in future as well
happy.gif

fyi, i hv 3 kids (a 3yr old girl & 20mth old twin boys) & 1 more girl on the way soon.

Hi all,
Glad to find you all back here.
Hows everyone? I'm the one who asked about playgroup centre in Toa Payoh. Remember? Have more or less decided on Dearland in Lor 5. No other choices for 24mths old already. Anyone has any recommendation for playgroup in Toa Payoh? I'm looking for daily programme.

Hi Sasha

You are right. Am getting used to it. I guess it is about time management, everything we need to do like housework and etc, has to base on baby's sleeping hours. As I am breastfeeding her, it does make me tired at times. So when is your due date? Which part of Toa Payoh do you stay?

celestine,
yeah, its very much abt time management & routines. makes life easier
happy.gif
thats how i've been managing as well...breastfeeding does tire one out. take naps wt her as you are b/feeding...you need the rest as well
happy.gif

i'm due on 25th sept but i hv a strong gut feeling that i might 'pop' sometime nxt wk or so!! am at lor 2 near the new blks...

pantone,
great to hv you back! maybe slowly the rest will find us here. i started my eldest at learning vision in novena abt 1mth ago & all seems well. might send my boys there for their toddler grp when they turn 2yrs. white lodge was bit far out for me although i liked it very much
sad.gif

hi sasha!!
congrats!!thanks well jsut took him to the zoo.and later in the evening we just cut a cake for him.
hi pantone,
welcome back!!!!so u enrolled ur son in deerland. how bout kinderland in safra toa payoh?

Hi sasha,
You mean the learning vision at IRAS? Its a childcare centre right? My nephew was with learning vision ttsh before. Heard its better than ntuc. I'm looking more for playgroup for 2-3hrs daily.

Hi Veera,
Kinderland is also a childcare centre, no playgroup for 2-3 hrs. Have not enrolled my son in deerland yet. Can only let him start class next yr jan, so plenty of time. Just afraid the time slot that I want is fully taken up.

Hi Celestine,
1st time mum! Congrats and hope we can learn more from each other here. My one and only kid is 19mths old. You are staying in Lor 5? Next yr, will go there frequently as will need to send my son to Deerland (Blk 50) daily. Cant get a new flat in toa payoh, so still staying in a resale flat in lor 8.

Hi Pantone

Blk 50 is just walking distance from my block. Are you a full time homemaker? Mine is not a new flat as well. Is a resale flat. Prices at Toa Payoh is so expensive. I used to stay at Lor 7. My relative bought a new flat, one of the new buildings at Central, purchased at$380k plus and got to spend $30k for simple renovation.

hi pantone!!!
did u enquire at appletree playgroup? well u still have some time to decide where to put ur little one!!!

Hi Celestine,
Yes. Flat in TPY is really high. My uncle want for the ballot in blk 79 and bought a 5rooom(110sqm) for $390k! Plus renovation it will hit more than $400K. I tried to go for the ballot too but was given a very high queue no. Unless alot of ppl did not turn up for the selection then will be my turn. Guess what? There's about 5units available on my selection date. My appointment is 11amplus. We went there at 8plus. Kiasu huh! But when its our turn, the units available are only available for non-chinese! Dont know consider myself lucky or unlucky. The units are 5th floor and below and only 1 blk available.Waste of time taking leave and stare at the screen for the whole morning. Earlier on didnt manage to ballot for the units behind the church in TPY central too. No such luck. We even went to the showroom at Tanjong pagar flat, paid for the stamp but didnt submit my application. Last min changed my mind. It may not be a good idea as my mum stays in TPY. Will not be convenient for us to fetch our son.

Hi Veera,
Did call up appletree sometime ago, but their min age they accept is abt 30-36mths(Cant remember exact age). So the only one available is deerland.

Hi Pantone,
Take it as a blessing, God must have HIS reasons that you were not being selected. I went to view the units behind the church at TPY central, the area was quite small, and a lot of corners area which I don't really like the design. Really Praise the Lord! I bought my flat (5-rm) at TPY Lor 5 below HDB valuation, and it was located at Storey 20. Moreover this flat was fully renovated. Had been praying for this miracle!

Hi mummies,
Pls advise me! My baby girl likes to continue to suck on breast nipple after I breastfed her.I tried to give her pacifier but she simply refused. At night before she goes to sleep, she wants to suck for comfort before she dozes off. If I refuse to give her, she will cry and scream for more than half an hour. HELP!

Hi Celestine,
U bought your unit below valuation? That's very rare in TPY. I thought its usually like above valuation of $20-$40k. I've been looking around at Lor 4/5, the one behind "Elderly Block", they asked above this range. So quite hesitat to commit.

So sorry that cant advise you on this issue. Maybe she's hungry? Or thirsty?

Hi Pantone,

Hungry, I don't think so. Cos I actually breastfeed her for more than 20 mins. She simply refuses to let go of the breast nipple even she is full.sigh!

Mine is behind the Elderly Block, at Blk 36.

Yes, I visited more than 10 units at TPY and all of them asked for $20k+ valuation.

Hi mummies,

Me also staying in TPY.. Lor 8.. and also looking around this area for 4-5room flat..

i'm a mummy of 2 kiddos (6yo and 1yo)..

Hi hi mummies....

I am staying at Lor 7 and me too, have a 3 yrs old boy... Studying at AppleTree too....

welcome starlight, nicky's mom & jownyn
happy.gif

pantone,
no its the one behind IRAS, on gentle rd. premise is new so was really nice. you might want to check it out. they are doing intake for 2007 already & as far as i know waiting list is quite long when i registered my eldest!

anyways, news update. i had my no 4 on sat at noon, she came by surprise
happy.gif
so far coping quite well since she doesnt take too much of my time except for feeding...

hi jownyn!!!
??? is ur boy? melvin is my boy!!! well nice to meet u here!

hi sasha!!
congrats!!!! how's the baby and u doing?take care do upload pic of ur little darling!!

Hi Celest
How old is your unit? Been looking around blk 50something. They are abt 10yrs?

Hi Sasha,
Congrats on your newborn. How old is your kid when you enrol him to learning vision? Child care isit?

Hi Pantone,

My unit is 7 years old. My friend bought Blk 49 recentlt, think was $12K above valuation.

Hi Celest,
Then you are real lucky! 7 yrs old flat below valuation! Blk 49 is 4room or 5room? Dont know why when I ask around end of last yr, the price is so high. So give up searching already.

My friend got Blk 49 (4 rm) corner unit.

My agent negotiated with the owner, and finally got it below HDB valuation.

Hi mummies,

yesterday when to see a 5A unit @ Blk 50. Owner asking for 400K while valuation only 375K. 2nd floor. Hb likes the place.. but i said no cos buy liao will be left with no retirement funds..

Aiyo.. TPY flats really costing us an arm and a leg.. or maybe 2 arms and 2 legs too..

Hi Nicky's mom,

Keep looking around, you will surely find one which you like, and the price is reasonable.

If you need agent to help, just feel free to let me know.

Hi Nicky's mom,
2nd floor 5A at this price is not worth it. If you have that kind of budget, why not get Executive Apartment, near braddell mrt station. Cost above $400k. Its abt 147sqm.Its sheltered all the way to the mrt and its much bigger. That time when i was looking around, the 3rd storey sold at low end of $400k and only slightly above valuation because it's low floor. Dont rush into it.

Oh yes! TPY flat is soooo expensive. How I envy those ppl that bought from HDB and sold their flat and made sooo much $$$$.No such luck

Hi Celestine,

I've got my boss wife as my agent (sigh!!) so got to either "wait" for her or look for 1 on my own and she will do the documentations for me..

Hi Pantone,
Honestly, my budget used to be about 280K but since looking for TPY, it's gone up to 350K.. i did some calculations over the weekend again and again.. and we decided.. We die die have to stick with 350k and not more.. otherwise, when me and hb grow old, and both sons not giving us allowance (i am a terrible DIL.. so i expect it to be almost the same when it comes to my own time.. haha) then me and hb got to leave on fresh air and sunshine..

Hi Nicky's mom,
Recently my friend bought one unit at Lor 8 at abt $330k(5rm). About 1400sqft. Much bigger than the new 5room units. But i think its more than 20yrs old. My friend dun mind that as he's going to hack down everything!
TPY flat is so expensive, maybe can consider shifting to the east? I dun mind as long as its within walking distance to the mrt. But then again, if its near mrt, i think price will also be high.

Hi Pantone,

Actually i don;t mind if it's not near MRT.. Was looking for the newer blocks in toa payoh, maybe less that 20yo.. the reason we are looking at TPY and not AMK or Bishan is because we will need to pay for another extra gantry every morning and on long term, can be a quite a huge amount. Also wanted a unit that the renovation is still ok so that i can move in without doing major reno..

Maybe that's y i'm like taking so long to find a new house.. coming 6mths liao..

Back