Any mummies, can share how you all celebrate your kids 1st yr birthday?***

Hi Crystal535,

I've used 'STRONG' double-sided tape to paste it on the wall. Those thick type of double-sided tape not those thin and white in color one.

Remember to get ready with glue and good scrotch tape to paste your wrapping papers on styrofoam.

Hi Melissa lee.. Icic... Ok.. Need to go n check it out liao. I've booked a chalet at Aloha Changi for my son's b.day.. Any of u have any feedback at there? Heard some of them said there really nth beside mainly for chalet.. There must be very "Wu Lu" de.. Haha!

Hi Crystal535,

Aloha Changi is a great place for BBQ ! If you've no intention to do BBQ, buffet catering will be ok too... no facilities but at least all your guests will be gathering at your chalet. They are there to celebrate your bb's birthday. I'm sure they won't mind.

That's the reason why i chosen Costa Sands Pasir Ris Resort rather than the convenient Downtown East. Guests will walk around and MIA if I have chosen Downtown East, hard time finding them to start the cut cake session...LOL

Hi Melissa Lee..

Haha! Ya u're rite too. I'm getting excited even tho e celebration is still 1months plus away..! I'm still considering whether to do BBQ ant as i'm firm to cater food buffet. Jus thinking of doing extra BBQ.

Wanna do a small decor for e party. Do anyone have recommendation on where to get some party decor stuffs?

Hi crystal535,

You might want to consider buying 2nd hand party decor stuff from this forum.

I bought most of my party decor items from those mummies who had just celebrated their bb's birthday. Still in good condition and much cheaper compare buying new party decor stuffs.
However, provided you have time to wait and deal.

I saw a party shop at People Park's Complex (Opp Chinatown point) at the corner near to the bus stop area. If you happened to pass by there, you might want to take a look.

My son's birthday celebration is at Costa Sands Pasir Ris Resort too..

Crystal535,
actually I don't encourage BBQ, cos you would be so busy preparing and getting everything in order. by the time your guests arrive you need to "entertain" them..

Melissa,
maybe that time our celebration was together...just next door..hahahaa..

Hi Melissa ad Crystal,

Do you mind sharing ur posters? Wanted to get someone to arrange the layout and print the poster but couldn't find leh. Hope to get some ideas from both of you. Thanks.

Hi dymom,

When was your celebration date ? I was from 16 Aug to 18 Aug (3D&2N). Luckily for my BBQ, I have my maid and other friends' maid to help out....haa..

Hi Camellia,

You could DIY like us... simple and easy way. I will upload my DS's poster soon as I do not have it with me now.

Hi Melissa Lee

Donno lei... I wanna get it as a set n theme. Had saw afew mummies selling but can't find those selling a whole set or theme. Will still continue to look at e forum c got interest mi wan ant lor.. Hee...

Hi Crystal535,

You might need more time to search for theme party decor stuffs.

Initially, I planned Mickey Mouse Theme for my DS's birthday. However, the plan started to change and finally I settled for some mickey mouse flags and posters but my DS's birthday cake, helium balloons and his birthday suit not Mickey Mouse... can't find suitable one and budget wise...heee...

Hi,

This is the poster that I've DIY using styrofoam, wrapping paper and some stickers. Simple and Easy. Not much artwork needed.

1768963.jpg

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for sharing your poster. Very nice and creative. Inspired liao. Okie, will try to do my own poster, more meaningful also...Are the nos. stickers or written?

Hi camellia,

Thks for your compliment.

Using MS Words software, I type out all the numbers; enlarged them and printed out from printer and then I used penknife to cut it out.

If you could found the numbers sticker, it will be much better. Save a lot of time.

Melissa :ya very nicely done!!!!!!! hope i can do one mfor my girl's.how do u do the main back ground then??

hi,

juz to share this link.. in case any mummies r interested.. i rented mascot costume for hubby to wear from this site:

http://www.stylishmums.com/Mascot_Rental/cat129125_87407.aspx

got 3 designs.. i took purple dino to match my barney theme for my girl's birthday party.. was a great hit!

Also ordered pine garden's 2 tiered cake and agar agar jelly cake from mrs chan.. had my party @ home and catered food from www.akkitchen.com.sg

wat to do, my girl loved barney that time..
2454340.jpg

Hi Mummies,

Anyone interested to participate in a 2hrs group discussion on 7th or 8th Jun? We are paying $80 to $100 cash incentive. Purely research study.

Mothers with 4 to 6 years old:
7th Jun @ 3:45pm - Formula milk drinkers
7th Jun @ 6:45pm - Non-Formula milk drinkers (like fresh milk &/or milo drink) - used to drink in the past

Mothers with 7 to 10 years old:
8th June @ 9:45am - Formula milk drinkers
8th June @ 12:15pm & 2:45pm - Non-Formula milk drinkers (like fresh milk &/or milo drink) - used to drink in the past

Must not have participated in any surveys in the last 12 months.

Interested, please do not PM. Kindly sms me at 91892420 with your details ASAP!

Have a good weekend!

Hi all Mummies,
I'm a free-lance facepainter who runs kids parties.
Please contact me if you all are looking for facepainting services for your kid's birthday!

Name:Mika
Contact 8138 2280
Email:[email protected]

apart from holding chalet or buffet at home, anyone juz bring ur baby n the 3 of u celebrate outside in restaurant instead of inviting relatives?

Back