Any MTB in Punggol?

Hello Punggol-mommies,

Am new to the forum, and am glad to see the P-mothers bonding so well! I have a little boy of 3 yrs, and am expecting my second one.

>> babyjan: me oso with Dr Joc Wong at TMC. Agree with you, she's very informative and assuring. Though the unscheduled visit + $$ is sthg new (?). Was this from her recep, or from her? I'll double check when I see her this Friday.

I went thru emerg c-section for daniel, after 5 hours of induction. Paid for both labour and sugery wards (heart pain). So, we've decided to just go thru c-section for the second babe. Was at Mt Alvernia- 2 bedder then. (Gosh...) Wasn't that impressed with the nurses and lactacting consultants, so am not gg back. But one thing that sure touched my heart, was when the Sister came in to the labor ward, held my cold hands to her heart and said a little prayer for me. (Wooohhh....)

Hi littledan, welcome here!
kao_welcome.gif

How many months pregnant are you now? Know the gender of your second one already?

Babyjan

I also read about the promo in today straits time about the macClaren stroller, its selling at $149 instead of $490. There is also a $5 voucher in the papers.

Mrs Wong showed us the video on breast feeding in our first lesson, how come she didn't show it in your class and still managed to conduct 3 hours lesson.

Thanks for your offer, i will try to borrow the book from my friend first, if not then i borrow from you k. If you still have not recieve your TMC notes by next lesson, maybe you can also get it from me.
Oh any mummies interested, can also get it from me.

Amore

i am waiting for those big baby fair at expo eg those organised by motherhood. Went once when i was just pregnant, so didn't buy anything, however so far no more big baby fair, maybe its a once time affair yearly.

Hi crystalwhite, Am only 3 wks to second tri (hehe... looking ahead), ie 9 wks. Hoping for a girl this time (and feel strongly it is).

i got most of my stuffs from Robinsons. 5% rebate on top of their sales. Quite worth it lar. Strollers were "chop-ed" by aunties, coz they wanted to get us a practical gift. Clothes were hand-me-downs from my MIL's friends. So, we really saved quite a bit. Or mebbe it's a boy, no need to dress up so much. hehe...

Actually, my old folks tell me that it's best to let babies wear hand-me-downs in their first year. (And of cuz the previous owners must be healthy and well.)The logic is that, the blessing in growing up well and strong, carries over.

Read your threads on sterilizer. We also use the traditional boiling water. Its worked pretty well. We had a new pot to be used and only used for boiling baby bottles and pump. Once every morning. For each use, we just pour in hot water to flush. After wash, put back in the boiled water. Save electricity and space. Pot can be used for usual cooking when sterilizing not needed.

Feel free to post your queries. Been thru tears and joys of baby-care years and glad to share!

hihi littledan....

babyjan, did you get the stroller? saw the papers... got headrest leh...

the video on labour will be shown on the 3rd week if i dun rem wrongly.

Morning gals

Ha... me didnt rush down to the JL sales!

I went to Baby kingdom and Baby Hperstore Y'day to check out the strollers.

First, damn *pissed* with the sales person at Baby Kingdom... very rude and got attitude problem. She has that "CAN"T BE BOTHERED" attitude. The utimatum came when I was about to leave, she just commented, "oh there are more baby stuff upstairs". So I just asked my HB.."how to go up huh?" Then the sales person sacarstically replied..."use the lift lah... in your condition you still want to climb the staircase ah...if anything happened, I'm not going to be responsible" I walked out of the store.

AT the baby Hyperstore, the sales people are more friendly and helpful. Maybe they serve alot of Ang Moh customers so their service quality are so much better. I asked the sales abt the Maclaren Stroller and she told me that the one on sales at JL is the 2004 model. It does'nt have full canopy. No doubt $149 is cheap for a Maclaren, I'm not so impressed. So decided to give today's sales a miss.

Went to Kiddy palace at Compasspoint in the evening, quite like the Capella stroller. Like my HB commented... its like buying a Korean-made 2L car (Capella) vs a 1L continental car (Maclaren Classic 2004) for the same price.

Okie..so much for the complaints and feedback....

Hi Littledan... welcome to join us here for chit chat. Hehehe... so we share the same gynae. As for the part on add'l cost for the unscheduled visits, they were from the receptionist. Maybe I should check with Dr Joc Wong hor. My next visit is on 2 Nov. So you'll be delivering at TMC this time? The hospital is currently under renovation, hope it will be completed by the time i deliver.

*smile* babyjan, good to see you back!

one thing about stroller. must make sure it's light enuff. those very like got mercedes features one may end up being too heavy. And though you think the very cushioned one seems comfortable, it can actually get quite hot for the little one. k? bear in mind...

yeah... i'll go mad listening to the drillings. i need tranquility! So yeah... the next qn for today's session with her.

hah... my edd sometime in May. And our punggol area sure got aeroplane zooming everwhere. think for national day practice lar.. cham... January good. Still got peace.

heehee... looks like u MTBs having a gd time chatting huh?

Me also stay in punggol but have jus given birth late sept. Do enjoy yr pregnancy!!!

Hi Zanybear...congratulation to you. Are u doing your confinement now? Do join us here for chit chat when u r free... share wif us MTBs your birth and childcare experience.

Littledan- do you obey the confinement rules like no bathing for 12 days, no aircon and fan etc. ?? Think will be hot during MAY. The plot of land near my block is currently constructing a school, so its a bit dusty and nosiy now. Hopefully will be better by Jan.

Btw, do you mummies go swimming during pregnancy? I heard that swimming is good and will help in labour. But will it lead to pre-term labour huh...quite worried leh!

Hi Babyjan,

Asked Dr Joc abt the (1)x-tra charge: she says if it's unscheduled and after office-hours, then Yes, chargeable. But if during office-hours, she advises that as it falls outside the package, it is chargeable though they are rather flexible abt it. She suggests perhaps a phonecall or an email to relay the condition, and come for consultation only if it warrants. Sounds fair... (2) Thomson's renovation shld be over by May. So, I'll stay put.

How to dun bathe? I bathed twice a day. In the afternoon after lunch, I'll also wash my hair. Both baths are mixture of herbal and hot shower. After hair-wash, must quickly blow-dry and apply liquer onto scalp. It simply does not make sense not to bathe in a tropical country like ours. But need to wear long pants and socks lar.

I had a very rigid MIL doin my confinement then. She was against bathing and washing hair. We had a very very bad row. It also did not help that she reported all these nitty gritties to her world of sisters and aunties. There was simply no respect for my privacy. In the end, my mom had to step in to reconcile. At least, I did my confinement the way my mom did, so there! The first few days of 'No' this and 'No' that nearly gave me depression. I felt so dirty and oily and smelly and totally deprived. But after my mom came to visit, I just did what I felt was right. And preferred consulting my mom for confinement advice.

For the second baby coming, we've engaged an external confinement lady. I want to enjoy my confinement. Not handle MIL woes!

Swimming is about the only exercise encouraged. Not advisable to do before first tri-, and when very near labour. But otherwise, if done in a leisure and relaxed form, it eases the flexibility of your hips, and helps with labour.

finally... the thread is back!...

congrats zanybear!

had my regular checkup yest...... this time gain < 1kg for 4 weeks... bb gained 500g... weighing 1.2kg @ week 29... doc say on the slim side but still ok... next checkup 3 weeks times....

talking about swimming... pregnant till now have not go swimming at all.. last time used to bring my dogs to sentosa for swimming.... hehe lazy to buy maternity swimsuit also....

re confinement - really peifu those who can dun bathe for 12 days leh... just wipe only... dunno if i can tahan anot!....

Littledan, thanks for checking on the unscheduled visits and the renovation. Looks like the reno wont be ready be Jan when I deliver.

My MIL will be doing my confinement for me. But I heard her mentioning getting herbs from the medical hall for bathing. Dun know she will ask me to follow the traditional way or not?

I went swimming 3-4 times during my 2nd trimester. Just relaxed in the pool and do some simple leg exercises. But I stopped for a while cos I cant fit into my bikini anymore. I have just received my new maternity tankini from an old navy spree... will go swimming this weekend.

Btw, have u gals start making appointments for post-natal massage? I got a few names (Susi, Naini, Nisah). Nisah is the cheapest I think-- charging $430 for 10 sessions.

hi little dan
glad you engaged CL, don't have to handle your ML. How much did you pay for her? I also intend to bath, wash hair even if my ML or mother disallow. I will be doing my confinement at my mother place.

Amore
you gain only 1kg but baby gain 500g for you, very good leh. I gained alot this month, very stressed, scared will get GD.

babyjan
i feel so heavy so don't feel like doing exercises..am a very lazy mummy. My Sister in law told me will check for me the rate of post natal massage for me but till now have not get back to me about the rate. Heard from her that the malay lady is quite good and cheap about $300 plus for ten session, but that is the rate two years ago, hopfully she can get back to me soon.

re stroller - i went down to JL sales last friday. my hubby asked me to take a look at the stroller since i am so free at home, so i went there about an hour earlier intending to go for Mac breakfast but saw a few people queuing up, hence gave up my bf to join the queue. Managed to get one in the end. My hubby and i were very happy with the Maclaren stroller, very easy to maneuver. However the downside is that it is slightly heavy.

re post natal massage - I've the contact number for a few of them. but have not call to enquire and "book" yet....

crystalwhite, i try not to snack too much now... anyway noticed nowsdays dun feel hungry easily.. always feel very full after lunch and dun feel like eating dinner... doc say most prob due to the bb has grown and push up to the stomach.

my hubby yest ask doc roughly when bb will come out. she say maybe 1 or 2 weeks b4 due date. So means most prob I'll give birth ard xmas time. aiya... then i lagi leh.... coz maternity leave also include public holiday!...

amore
i always feel hungry leh, but after food or snack, will feel uncomfortable loh..

lugi leave nevermind la, if your baby come out on xmas or new year day, it will be your special present, also you will never forget the birthday mah, your baby will have public holiday during their school days for birthday to make up your losses.

amore
forget to ask you if you have discuss your birth plans with Dr Brenda already? Have she book the hospital for you?

Mummies
if you want to read the 3 books written by Mrs Wong boh boi at TMC, you can borrow them at library.

crystalwhite, last few mths before entering 3rd trimester i also always feel hungry... eat alot.. dats why put on alot of weight...

born on xmas/new yr got good and bad lah... pple celebrate xmas and new yr at the same time celebrate bb birthday... my hubby say next time buy 1 BIG present for bb can already for xmas AND birthday.

yesterday she did tell me that my placenta have moved up. so can go for natural birth. but have not really mentioned the pain relief. She also did ask which hospital i wanna go. initially I told her TMC. then my hubby ask her wat's the diff between TMC and gleneagles. she say gleneagles equipments are newer and delivery ward is bigger compared to TMC. She also mentioned since her clinic in gleneagles, it is easier for her to come to me when I labour. Else she'll have to fight the traffic to go to TMC. so now we still deciding. She say by 1st week Nov give her nurse in her gleneagles clinic a call on our decision.

we also did ask her what the diff between bb born in Dec and bb born in Jan. Coz I have a fren who purposely induce to have her bb born on 28 Dec b4 new yr.

then she say end yr bb the growth is slower compared to those born beginning of the yr etc though born in the same year. So she say when they go to school or wat we cannot compare them with other bb who are born earlier. they will definitely be slower. coz the growth is diff. esp bb in their 1st yr, every mth they learn new things like flip over, sit, crawl etc.

amore

she also mentioned about the fighting traffic if i don't choose gleneagles. We told her we are afraid of complications hence gleneagles is not on our list. My friend once mentioned that the room in GlenE is really small compared to TMC or MT A though is newer.

I am thinking of Mt A but was told by someone that Mt A just changed their policy, have to deposit about a few k instead of few hundred dollars when admitted.

hi Crystalwhite,

CL costs S$1.8k in total. She's from agent with permit. Not that i'm law-by-law, but this CL was highly recommended, esp for her pro-BF.

Good for you. Mothers are easier to handle. Me mom was my pillar during that time. I'm not joking when I say I nearly went mad with my MIL and FIL. Both moved in to my place. Can die ar...

My MIL's taking care of Daniel. Says she wants a maid for the second baby. Fat hope
sad.gif
So, I went to get a babysitter. She's just one floor above me, and I've been looking out for her. Her cares are really lovely and happy babies. Somemore, she quality control. Only one toddler and one baby at a time. *Applause* pls for my independence. Pushed to the wall oredi.

And you've really gotta do some light exercise dear. Light strolls after meals is good. Must build up your physical endurance now. You'll need it.

Hello Amore,

You're just like me. I'm only 10 wks but put on 2.5kg liao. Appetite good until buay tahan. I put on less than 8kg for my first child. Right after the labour, tummy was flat flat one. So happy!

So, CONTROL!!!

Amore, when r u due? I heard Gleneagles very ex leh. Frankly speaking, what you really need is the expertise of your gynae. The last thing you want is to rely on equipement, rite? So, gleneagles may be easy for your gynae but it will be unkind for your purse leh...

We have lots of "disposable income" to dispose when bb is out. So, must be con$ciou$ yeah?

Hm.... so, you both want natural? With epidural? R u both due in Jan as well?

littledan
you are lucky to get a good babysitter so near to you. MIL etc are really difficult to handle, anyway i hope mine don't interfer too much when i am doing confinement at my mum place. Up to now during my pregnancy, they have done nothing for me at all except a few phone calls...signz..

Btw how do you managed to have flat tummy after birth, was told that tummy will normally still look like 6 months pregnant after birth leh.

me down with flu these days, evening crossing the overhead bridge made me breathless, almost fainted yesterday while waiting for bus, don't know if it is due to the haze outside.

I am thinking of natural with epidural but i have oscoliosis (backbone not straight) since young, have not check with gynae if epidural is possible.

My edd is 17 jan but i am hoping it will be slightly earlier.

littledan, me same as u also engage a CL for confinement. not so good life got mummy to help hehe.

i gained alot of weight for my pregnancy. gained total of 12 kg for 29 weeks. So my last checkup gynea ask me to control my diet. so now managed to control till gain 1kg in 4 weeks... hope i dun gain too much for the whole pregnancy!!!... my hubby already commented say he want me to wear back my old clothes even after give birth hahaha...

me, babyjan and crystalwhite all due in Jan 07. But I'm early Jan. So chances of delivering in Dec is quite high for me.

hubby and myself actually did compare the prices between TMC and gleneagles... the price diff not alot for single bedded... and with DBS woman's card can have discount for gleneagles...

we visted TMC delivery ward when we had the antenatal class... quite small leh... but we have not seen gleneagles delivery ward though...

but i heard of stories where gynae not able to rush to the hospital on time for the mummy and the mid wife actually does the delivery leh....

ya if can natural I'll opt for natural. hehehe with epidural anot still dunno... dunno if I can take the contraction pain anot! scare!

Wah... i so left out. I only due in May leh. Hehe... then I can invite you gals over for my bebe's first month. *hint* vice versa?

yeah yeah... crystalwhite lucky bird. got mummy.

Must eat healthy ar. I look at my thighs and buttocks everyday. Enuff motivation to stay off the fatty foods. Else, gotta spend load$ to buy new working clothes. Hb not sponsoring leh...

Yes, on surface, the ward charges may be quite equal. But, heard gleneagles have hidden costs, substantially higher as well. Then again, it will really be easier for your gynae. If I were you, I wld oso stay where is easy for her. She's your life-saviour.

One-bedder? or two?

Contraction pain no joke. But epidural oso got after-effects. Shivering... back-ache. My friend was describing the long needle for the injection. I faint liao. hehe.. evil har. Sorrie sorrie. At least it's at the back, eyes won't see.

crystalwhite, if cannot have epidural how? u have to endure the pain?

littledan, i plan to stay in one bedder, so dat hubby can stay with me and bb.

to poke the needle in the pain is oni a few mins... but contraction pain can be 12 hours long!... so ok lah.. no pain no gain hahah

read the gleneagles and tmc thread, for both hospitals for one bedder mummies paying 1K+ in cash after medisave... so i find no diff lor...

crystalwhite,

who's looking after the baby for you when you return back to work?

I oso dunno why mils and dils are like like-poles. Actually, me and mil were ok. After bb, and having both mil and fil at my place was such nightmare. One hogged the phone, one hogged the living room. Daytime must on the lights, night time my kitchen like disaster area. Air-con on with the windows and doors open. On airy days, they close the door and on the fan. My electric bill nearly went bonkers.

I could only hide in my room and the four walls all day long. Can't talk to me mom, coz !@#$. Can't watch my tv show in the living rm, coz !@#$.

I had to hide and squat at a corner of my toilet to wash my hair. But kenna caught when she opened my room-door (withoug knocking) and saw me blow-drying.

My mom bought me my favourite papayas. And.. and... she cut them all up for everyone. Without asking me. And said I cannot eat coz the coloration might affect bb.

Towards the end, I really really show black face liao. Slam door. Slam table. bik chek. Hb says I should appreciate what they're doin for me. But he doesn't understand what I go through in the day. So quarrel with them, quarrel with Hb. aiyoyo...

Later, she defied what I request of her in babycare. Saw her simply rinsing the baby bottle with tap water after feeding baby, ask her why dun wash with soap. She said cannot, coz bb might consume the soap. BLAH! Then wash it clean lar! And she had the cheek to scold me infront of my Hb, saying BF so difficult, she dunno how to take care of bb liao. Threaten me!

Then the next straw was to give bb kopi and biscuits during her tea time. My little son was only barely 5 months, and she let him suck and nibble the biscuits soaked in coffee. *faint* Tell her not to do that, she say "baby like wat."

After all these years, I've decided to close both eyes. So long as baby is happy and healthy, there's only so much I can do.

Sigh... sorrie. Once start cannot stop. MIL woes.

Hi Ladies

I am new to this thread and saw its quite active. I am a working mother of 2 boys, one 2 yrs 9 mths and one 5 months, but I stay in Sembawang. Am quite familar with Punggol area as my bro-in-law and hubby's cousins are staying there.
Need a favour from you ladies, one of the cousins is looking for bb sitter in Punggol area for her two girls in primary school studying at Mi Toh primary or something. Do you ladies have any lobang? Thank you in advance for the help.

Hey Crystalwhite
So you are on the lucky 40 who got the Maclaren stroller. If its the 2005 model, then its worth it. So, one item down for you.

Btw, Metro sales at Expo from 20/10 to 24/10.

Littledan
Oh gosh...after listening to your stories, I also scare i will have the same MIL-DIL problems. My MIL will do confinement for me. She may stay at my place after that to help look after baby.

Amore
actually brenda says the price is not much difference for TMC and glenagles but i told her in case of complications then the price will very very high...

however if we got normally delivery, then gleneagles is good choice since the price is comparable and our gynae is nearby.

anyway my friend told me to go straight to kk hospital if baby is premature instead of private one cos kk has all the equipments and the bills will not be so high.

littledan
you very poor thing, have to handle such MIL and FIL, if i will you, i surely got depression and will ask my hubby to send them back. Glad you are still surviving after all these years.

However my life also not as rosy cos my mil abit "bo chap" about me now, but i am sure she will fuss over the baby once she is born, she care for the baby and not the mummy. She is also like the normal old lady type, once she tell you something, she expect you to follow and is very diff to convince otherwise, so i normally just listen then complain to my hubby...

I also have long stories about MIL/FIL woes, can go on days if i were to talk about them, sometimes i just can't help hating them!

babyjan
i not sure which model is it but it is stated Maclaren classic, anyway my hubby and i like it very much.. however it seems like there is endless things to buy for baby hor...really don't know where to start sometimes.

Hi Vivi C
i got no lobang so far, however, if it is half or one year later then i don't mind be the baby sitter for them cos i stay quite near to mi toh primary school. I intend to be a bb sitter if possible when i am experience with children, last time i used to be a private tutor but next time thinking of looking after children
kao_happy.gif

Hey crystalwhite

Thanks. Do keep me posted if you intend to become a bb sitter next time. Good to have more contacts.
kao_wink.gif

Hmm......my bro-in-law also stay very near to this school can look down to the school from the living room window.
kao_laugh.gif

littledan, wah sounds scary... lucky my MIL is too busy to come and help me!... but I also scare my CL will also make alot of noise... been reading thru' the forum. There are quite a number of CL out there who are not pro BF.

my MIL will only hint when we having bb so she can have grandchildren. but she will not help in the taking care. not even a phonecall to check on me!

also heard some scary stories from my frens who MIL help them in their confinement and looking after the bb....

crystalwhite, that is my plan also... if deliver in GEH hor and if anything happen to the bb quickly transfer bb to kkh. but of coz now better dun think too much.... anyway hubby commented TMC nearer to punggol......... aiya very confuse.... me and hubby will need to discuss.....

vivi c, am looking for a babysitter too..

amore, CL very worried when MILs are around. Not too hard to imagine. Too many hands will spoil the cook.

The aftermath of delivery is quite something lor. Gotta deal with our own body changes, lack of sleep due to baby's needs, dealing with our own confinement rules etc. But the whole world may tumble, but our hb must stand by us. At least, it will, then, seem all worth it. yeah?

one thing i sure learnt, need to close an eye or two when it comes to MILs. Coz they think they've raised our husbands this well, what right have we to over-ride them. My MIL like to say we youngsters very modern lor, but dunno what's good for ourselves.

Cystalwhite,

What you said really touched my heart closely. In the eyes of our in-laws, the son and grandchildren are their dearest. We, dils, are just bystanders. I really dunno why...

I used to always tell my hb abt her too. But in the end, he got angry with me. Easy to understand, he's her son too. Both palm and back are flesh. If we're the one inputting negative feedback, they'll instead think we're the unappreciative one.

By time, I've learnt to handle it as it goes. Need to find the right time to "discuss" with MIL. Dun "tell" her what's right or wrong. It's worked better.

And ladies, we've enuff on own hands with babies. Focus on what's important to us. Okie?
Sorrie, really din't mean to drag the mood down :p

Hehe... R u guys counting down yet? Barely two months more...!

littledan, dun think my MIL is coming to my place unless during her off days or weekend.. coz she working... so i'm not worried abt dat...

yes really need hb support... if not will really go into post natal blues!!!

ya really gotta close 1 eye if u are getting pple's help... even for CL... diff pple do things differently.

yes, i'm counting down!! another 10 more weeks for me!!!!!

mummies
the weather outside is so horrible, PSI above 100 again.
my cough is quite bad, wondering if i should see a normal GP for medicine or wait till next week to see my gynae. Wonder if their medicine is the same? I took quite alot of antibiotics during my pregnancy liao so now wondering if i should take cough medicine or just wait recovery without medication, any advise?

crystalwhite,

i juz visited the healthway clinic yesterday, Dr Tan Yeow Meng, for cough.
I think u can go to GP for coughs. Dr Tan was considerate and assured me that the medicine prescribed is ok for my preg.

Then I turned ahead and visited the Nam Huat Chinese medical. The lady advised me to brew the Nan xing and Chuan bei pi pa for my cough. It's prepacked and costs S$3. It tastes very like almond water. So, this one's suitable if you dun wan western med.

My son has been using this chuan bei as well, whenever he has coughs. Worked well> So, shld be worth your try. Dun expect miracle. One packet and brew three times. Prepare at least 2 pckts, over 2 days. Avoid fruits for the time being.

amore,

so excited for you!!
Hey... if the little one wants to come out earlier, then you might hv a 31 Dec 06 bb leh...

mummies, understand from my fren we can start drinking coconut from week 28 onwards...

littledan, did you have coconut the last time?

babyjan, i ordered the diapers from dignus last nite.... think they will deliver next week. once they delivered to my place will inform you.

Me on MC today. Terrible headache and threw up my dinner last nite. Went to see GP this morning... no medication cos i dun want. Just MC for a day rest.Anyway, GP will prescribe me panadol and anti-vomitting pills... I already have them.

I tot drink coconut only during the last month - from 36weeks onwards?

Amore - Okie...u let me know again. I PM u my HP no. later and u sms in case i dun log in here.

littledan
thanks for your advise, think will buy the bottle drink from chinese medical shop, the lady recommend me the drink which taste like almond too, going out this weekend so unlikely to brew it.

Amore
i thought we can onli drink it from 34 weeks onwards, me not sure too, blur.

babyjan
take a good rest, hope you feel better after the rest. I try not to take medication now too, cos the last time i took it, i feel guilty and wonder if it will affect the baby.

Holiday coming, do enjoy them mummies!

Hi amore

No, dun drink the coconut water so early. u can only start at about the last month of pregnancy. but by about 28 weeks onwards, ie. 7 mth all tonic should about stop. and eat normal balanced meals. if u start the coconut water too early might have tendency that bb is too cooling and might lead to frequent cough and asthmatic when born. so dun take the risk.
advice to take coconut water is cos too much tonic too heaty for the whole of pregnancy so drink some coconut water at the end stage to nutralise so tat bb born not so redish and heaty.

amore,

NO COCONUT FOR YOU
sad.gif

It's only for like the last 2-3 wks before due date. dun play play. And vivi got it right, not too good for bb and u. Stop it huh.

crystalwhite,

sounds like u hv wkend all planned out. Take care huh.. weather not good hor. The almond one tastes nice rite? But dun drink it cold har.

babyjan,

take care. eat plainly for the time being.
Have a good rest over the wkend.

sayang...

Hi me also staying in punggol. I am 38week preg now.

I am also down with cough and block nose for the pass 1week plus. Have being seeing 3 doctor and drank alot of cough syrup already. The GP gave me antiobotics but i didn't eat them, i just drank the cough syrup and the med for block nose.

I am also drinking coconut water when i am 36week. x1 coconut per week. Have taken 2 coconut so far.

Hi Tiwi, u yr 77 one ah... me too leh.

Are u looking forward to the delivery day? Another 2 weeks for u to enjoy ur pregnancy before stepping into motherhood. U going for natural birth?

All the best Tiwi!

hey gals, izzit juz me or what, does the haze condition in our Punggol area seem worse off than the reported PSI index? It always does seem so gloomy and smokey, despite the lowering PSI...

Hi Tiwi!

Take care hor, hope you recover soon. Me coughing for three weeks liao, cannot stand anymore, later seeing GP for cough medicine too.
You must be looking forward to the "BIG DAY". All the best to you!
Remember to update us your birth story after that k.

Vivi
Stop all tonic from seven month onwards? How about bird nest?

Littledan
I think all areas are worse than the reported PSI, wonder how accurate are the PSI data.

crystalwhite

yes stop all tonic from 7th month, including bird nest. in fact should not eat so much bird nest though good for the skin of bb but will also increse phlegm of bb. by the 7th mth all tonic taken will not be absorbed by bb anymore so 'bu' also not much use. just eat a very balanced diet will do and drink the coconut water from the last mth. once a week, but if you feel that u too cool liao then can stop as u dun wan ur bb to be too liang. if not easily prone to asthma and cough.
As for cough medicine, usually if mild I will not drink as it also not very good for bb but if cough too long and too severe also not good best is to check the medicine prescribed by GP with ur gynea to be doubly sure its safe for bb.

Amore/babyjan,

yup, getting very nervous now. But friday check up still show that baby head not engage yet. Hope to go for natural

crytsalwhite

Thanks, feeling better now. Less cough and no more block nose at night. Now can lie down and sleep already, if not i am alway sleeping in an upright position. You better go see doc fast and get your cough recovered fast.

This coming friday going for 39week checkup again. Can't wait to ask the doc how is baby doing inside and i am going for the CTG scan also.

Back