Any Introverts Out There?

Ashley

Hi! I'm an introvert and are looking for introverts like me.

I always feel that I don't fit in everywhere I go. I dislike company events and lunches. And I feel stress attending them. Anyone like me around? How do you cope?

hi hi

I am one!! in fact, i am often called "hermit" or wat my fren said, "anti social". I prefer to stay at home than to socialize but sometimes have to due to obligations, if not, i tend to steer far far away from such events. I tend to stick with the same grp, whether in the office or outside, so tat I will at least have people to talk to.

Hi all

I also introvert type. Unlike my sisters who have alot of friends. They and my husband always say I don't have friends. I don't like company events and will try to stay far far away and will only stick on to a few close friends

Am I weird

oh, one more thing to add, i only have that handful of friends and even then we do not meet up and I do not find anything wrong with that.

my fantasy is to own an island..stay by myself and my son (if he wants to)..nobody can disturb me and i m free to do my own thgs.

BUT, my job requires me to interact extensively. so im a different person when im working and when im offduty. itz a mind over matter issue. probably helps tat i have to wear uniform to work.

i'd rather have say, 3 solid loyal frends, then 300 superficial fair weather 'frends'.

That's my take on it.

i am one too, and 1 of my kids inherit the anitisocial from me!

i wish i would open up more, but i am inferior coz i have some disability in talking. if not i am sure i will be more vocal.

i'm an extreme introvert. no social life whatso ever. can forget about friends & even boyfriends. always alone all the time. don't know how to mix around...

Been some time since I came to this thread.......I am glad that there are people like me around. I find social events/office parties extremely difficult. My fave activity is to go to the library and just read. Needless to say, my career path is hampered due to my inability to speak out and I fumble very badly if I need to make small talk or even just to talk in a group.

I long to quit my job and just stay home with my family.

Hi, seasoned introvert joining in. i've a few close friends but hardly kept in touch as my son is keeping me very busy. good thing my hb is an introvert that's why we clicked.

i used to be introvert. and am still an introvert when with certain group of people. I guess i just want to mind my own business as talking too much might be cause trouble, misunderstanding etc.

At the end of the day, as long am happy & contented..i don't care what others say.

Happy New Year

ya, i also realise that if you talk too much, especially in the office, gossips will fly and you will be misunderstood.

As I get older, I also realise that I should have the freedom to choose whom I want to talk to.

heehee........this thread is rather cute as every now and then, there will be new folks joining in.

One of my intern from the univerisity tend to talk too much.... think he is trying to impress... pissed off by him.

Hey hey!!

Found this thread, sointeresting!! Wld say m pretty much an introvert too, mt too daring, dunno what to say to keep the conversation gg etc..

Think sungrapes's super tt can makeherself change for work.. M longing to try to make myself change coz tnking tt only thr discussion n all can we learn more and make new frens... T like uppity, m too quiet and have been getting needs to speak up more, when m back in sch.. :p

Hw to make myself more sociable? Think m introvert coz of my low seld esteem, think wha i am doing now and what i have is definitely not up to par wit frens, colleagues and all, tt's why always keep to those few tt i know and can communicate.. Coz felt so comfy wit them..
happy.gif
theymake t eworklife more bearable..
happy.gif

i'm also a super introvert...i can't find anytthing to say to my colleague who sits beside me too! sometimes a bit weird coz din say a word for the whole say. dun really mingle much to other colleagues unless i can really click with them.

dun really like to meet my hubby's friends. always feels very awkward around them coz nothing to say..have to force conversation...so uncomfortable..i try to avoid meeting them unless absoultely necessary. hehehe..

i have some good friends...but then again we dun meet up often..i guess i communicate the most to my hubby.

hello...

whether introvert or extrovert as long you are happy with yourself, its good enough.

kids these day are getting smarter so we should keep ourself abreast with latest news via online etc, and be expertise in your own capability. At least during group dates, u know what they are talking about and you might share your expertise during such dates.

U might want to volunteer your service at organisation/event n slowly pick up your self esteem with such activities.

We, tend to focus on family once married and have kids but its good to meet up with friends once in a blue moon, let your hair down and share, if not just listen to friend sharing.

Haha. Happy to see this thread

My husband says I'm the stay at home kind. Which I kinda admit. I am happy to stay home the whole day doing the things I like, like reading and making jewellery. I don't really like talking too, less said less trouble. Hee

Agree with mama_annie.

Best to know your own strengths/weaknesses and keep a balanced life. Whatever character we have, do bear in mind that we need to communicate effectively with other people. Even if one prefers peace and quiet (or the reverse), just make sure we keep healthy esteem, speak up when necessary and live fulfilling lives.

For those who are working, I think every boss/colleague will appreciate some sort of verbal affirmation and clear communication. Just as we treasure moments when others praise us for our efforts and give honest feedback. Introvert doesn't mean anti-social/hyper-sensitive, correct me if I'm wrong. I don't like the fakeness during events etc but if it's part of work, I guess one has to fulfill professional roles (eg. attendance, explaining plans and also mingling with clients) when required.

I'm naturally extroverted but after having a kid, I do prefer a more sedate/homely/'introverted' life. Still meet friends, go out and have fun with family BUT have totally eliminated formal functions and unnecessary events since stop working.

Better to have sincere friends than many hypocrites who are just keen to 'kaypoh' about. I totally agree with sungrapes on this point and also "mind over matter".

Introvert or extroverted doesn't matter. Be serioous and responsible in the way we work or deal with ppl + react objectively most important. dont let personal inhibitions get in the way when facing serious situation (eg. interviews, emergencies and impt functions).

Back