Any good ways to improve constipation?

Jennnnn

Any mummies can advice any ways to improve the constipation situation? Milk will definitely not make me go toilet often as I’m not lactose intolerant. Eating fruits doesn’t seems to help much either. I drink a lot (when I say a lot literally two 1.5L of water Everyday on average) of water. I’m in the first trimester (10weeks), it’ll be good to know any ways to prevent constipation in the future too.

Any mummies can advice any ways to improve the constipation situation? Milk will definitely not make me go toilet often as I’m not lactose intolerant. Eating fruits doesn’t seems to help much either. I drink a lot (when I say a lot literally two 1.5L of water Everyday on average) of water. I’m in the first trimester (10weeks), it’ll be good to know any ways to prevent constipation in the future too.

Hi you can consider purple dragon fruit, banana or prune juice.

plain greek low fat yogurt (unsweetened), prunes or prune juice, ripe papaya and once in awhile fennel tea.. i find the best time for plain water “flushing” is after waking up, first thing in the morning.. i drank at least 400ml at one shot..

I had really BAD constipation last week. Simple cannot pass out.

For the past 3 days, I have been eating an apple + oat biscuits on empty stomach in the morning, accompanied by drinking LOTS of water. and I managed to poop for the 3 days.

Carom seeds fennel and overnight soaked oats in that order are best to cure and prevent constipation

Thankyou everyone’s suggestions on constipation, I’ll continue to drink more water and increase my fruits intake (such as Kiwi and other healthy fruits).

If prune juice what brand will you guys recommend? Never drink before prune juice

Can try G3 juice (60ml) per day, its definitely safe for pregnant ladies. I am currently in my 5th week and I am already drinking it. Its high in antioxidants and contains high concentration of natural fruits and vegetables enough for a day.

Is yakult/vitagen good?

hello. yakult/vitagen are high in sugar and are much less effective. always opt for natural plain unsweetened ones like greek yogurt and you can definitely notice a difference.. even if ure a frequent eater of these yogurt, i’ll highly suggest to always switch among different brands so that your body won’t get use to the probiotics.

i’d really bad past episodes of constipation that i went to the A&E and was so embarrassed as the doctor was going through the MRI - diagnosis was the exact same words from the doctor “hmmm it seems like your intestines are full of shit”. i left the hospital with a bill of $1k+ that night and gladly laugh it off (since it’s not sth that’s worst)

@mrsyy thank you for sharing, for me I somehow drinking loads of water but body still feeling dehydrated. This thread really helps!

Hope you’re feeling better now!

@mrsyy thank you for sharing, for me I somehow drinking loads of water but body still feeling dehydrated. This thread really helps!

Hope you’re feeling better now!

you’re most welcome. yes am definitely feeling so much better now - you can refer to my previous comment on what i would have taken when i find myself constipated. it took quite awhile for me to realised (though it sounded simple & straightforward) that it is always a good idea to take stuffs that’s in its most natural form and no/low sugar. i.e. imagine ure a farmer, u will not take those probiotics sachets from pharmacy but will find alternatives like tea leaves, fruits, water etc. the body will thank you for that.

adding on, apart from fennel seeds tea, nettle tea is another great alternative! both are caffeine free but if you’re pregnant, it is still a controversial topic whether or not it is safe for consumption. i still drink it once in awhile (max one cup a day) and so far so good however if you’re not pregnant, it’s a superb tea for all!

i find it helpful in terms of:
fennel seeds - for indigestion, heartburn and GERD sufferers.
nettle- for indigestion, gout.
tips: if u prefer strong relief (only for fennel seeds), ditch the tea bag and buy just the fennel seeds and soak in warm water to drink directly.

For fruits: pineapple, papaya (ripe ones for pregnant mummies) or papaya enzymes (chewable tablets - i will take these for stronger & quicker relief on normal days but NOT during pregnancy for my personal preferences) and yellow dragonfruits (this will have your tummy growling hah) are very helpful in my case.

on the amount of water: it highly varies for each individuals but i find it most helpful when i drink a bottle of warm water (about 400-500ml) immediately after i woke up then breakfast about 20mins later. i have a habit of drinking water right before meals and not after meals. intermittent drinking throughout the day and not only when i am thirsty; the amount each time is just a few mouth. note that only the highest volume of the day is the one-shot-drink during the morning. it should get lesser during the night to prevent water retention; this might not be applicable to the younger peers but i shall say it beforehand

ps. the above are not professional advice. it is just years of having frequent episodes of constipation that led to the findings and what works on me.

Back