Any good pre-nursery, nursery , childcare at yishun/sembawang?

Valerie- Thanks. I have checked the link.

ABCs' mummy- My boy is in Apple Leaders class. Coming to 4 yrs old in Nov.

hi anyone knows where is this edelwise kindergarten or preschool? i saw a lot of kids wearing that uniform early morning when taking bus ..

is there a cambridge childcare at sembawang also ?

i walk pass the few cc in the morning and realise they are all quite quiet
- little skool house international
- shooting stars
- pjp

except for star leaners, got a lot of kids and parents sending their children there ...

Thanks bloom and jen
happy.gif

Hi Mummies, I'm thinking of sending my 18 month child to child care? I am considering between the following:
(1) shooting star: small class, have yet to visit the school
(2) greentree montessori: find the price quite expensive
(3) star learner: many children, big class

Do you have experience with the above child care especially (1) and (2)? Or can you share with me any other recommendations for childcare near Yishun? There is Kidsville near my place too, but it's full. You may feel free to PM me too. Thanks a lot.

hi Mummies

Am staying at Sembawang too and searching for a childcare for my 18 months boy...

Any comments for Joy Montessori?

Hi Mummies,

Anyone putting their kids @ CheeryLand School House @Sembawang Mart? Any comments for this School especially for the Playgroup?

thanks

hi

other than PJ and SL, any other CC along sembawabg to recommend? feel free to pm me if you prefer private mesg.

hi keisha,
hope you still follow this thread... can u share with me abt cheeryland cc? im thinking of putting my boy at playgroup there....

pls pm me.

hi AlmondZ, did u put ur child in shooting star? Let me know how u feel it?
star learners i find too crowded.
Mummies, pls let me know ur comments

Hi Capri_gal,

Is the $500 for working mother or non working mum?

I just got to know this new child care no one pick up call leh.. and not up safraa yishun yet. Not sure when?

Hi everyone,

Please let me have your opinions on the Cambridge Childcare @ Admiral Hill branch.
I am thinking to register my child with them for full day childcare programme, would like to know any mummies out there who have also placed their child in this centre.

Thank you, look forward to receiving your feedback.

My Little Campus @ Sembawang.

They have 3 branches there.
Blk 406
Blk 483
Blk 511

My 2 boys attending the branch @ Blk 511.

Happy with Teachers and syllabus offered there.

My elder son will be graduating from K2 this year and he is well equiped with skills and knowledge for him to "survive" thru P1.
happy.gif

I'm going to send my girl to a playgroup within Yishun area when she turns 18mths next yr. Any mummies currently send their child to any playgroup in Yishun? Which sch and will you recommend it?

Hi Mummies,

Any review for cambridge admiral hill (both good and bad)? am searching CC for m 20 months son, so difficult to get a space at Sembawang area
sad.gif

Apppreciate if any mummmies can share if you know of any good CC. thanks in advance
happy.gif

hi,
does anyone have any review on Little Greenhouse at Yishun beside the Yishun South CC? I am sending my child there in May. thought of getting some feedback to get myself prepared.
wanted to enroll for Little Campus but they only have opening for 3yrs old and above.

Hi,
I need reviews on kidsville child care and development centre at blk 201 yishun central.My boy will be 24th month next year and want to shortlist few. Please help urgently.Thanks !

there is a new childcare PCF SPARKLETOTS going to open at Wellington area block 504A
Tel: 63637978

I get the contact from thier Sembawang close center. The new center is still waiting MYCS license approval, target to open at 2 May 2012.

Mammy around sembawang area might want to check up.

I have shortlist 3 CC: Little Treehouse, Glory Joy & Emmanuel Child Educare for my son to enrol next year when he turn 3. Anyone, had comments on these 3?

Hello, is there any feedback on Emmanuel Child Educare and Glucklich Schoolhouse? Much appreciate your comments
happy.gif
Thank you.

Hi May Ang, have you seen Glory Joy? Because their windows are open, I've seen the inside a few times when I strolled past. Maybe you have seen it already, but in case you haven't, just to let you know, if you stroll pass, you can see some.
happy.gif
I am also looking for a childcare centre to enrol my kid in next year. Its a tough process!

Hi guys, just to share with your the status of the childcare below :

new childcare PCF SPARKLETOTS going to open at Wellington area block 504A
Tel: 67532301 (center's no). Look for Mary - the center principal,Till now they are still waiting MYCS license approval, do not know when is the target opening date. There have infant, toddler and kindergarden levels, but for K1, they are still not sure whether it will be opened in this year, coz they mentioned that the interest for this group is very less, but definitely no K2 for this year.

Hallo, One fat cat: Is indeed tough process to find a good one.

Been to Emmanuel childcare for viewing last month. Been show around by the principal. The school is only a single floor whereby there is a small garden infront park with lots of troddler playcart. Not so big but reasonable for that students size of around 50. However, I went there in the morning, and saw children in the toilet for pee time. There is only 1 toilet, whereby it is shared by girls and boys. I saw boys standing to pee with girls in the toilet too. It is abit disturbing to me.

I am interested to view Little tree house too. Anyone there before? comment please?

I have not see glory joy yet. is in wellington, so abit far from my house. I will shortlist that in my last choice. Actually, the sparkletots in wellington got their license today, cos I called up and ask. They will open for viewing mid of june. so, can call for appt if interested. Is in wellington too, so still considering.

For those interested in sparkletots wellington, they will conduct classes by july.

Hi May,
I walk pass Glory Joy now and then. When I first saw it last year, I was quite interested in eventually sending my child there. I have since changed my mind because once, I walked past and saw a girl getting dressed. Her hair was wet so I guess she just had her bath. She was quite competent in getting dressed on her own. What bothered me was that she was visible to a passer-by. Also, i don't quite like the dettol-like smell. To be fair, I have a sensitive nose. Maybe most people don't smell anything when they pass by.

Thank you for sharing about Emmanuel. Its on my shortlist because it's a smallish space with a garden so I thought it might have a small enrollment, which I like. And they do frequent excursions. I share the sense of discomfort about the "unisex" toiletting. Not so concerned when my child is still a toddler, but by five or six, I would much prefer more privacy. I wonder about their showering arrangements in that case.

The new PCF... I am pretty interested but husband is not keen because that area tends to have mosquitoes, lately also monkeys, and a couple of months ago, stray dogs. The husband also prefers a situation where children of different ages can mix but the But I am still pretty interested.

Last part of my message got messed up... My husband prefers the children to have opportunities to mix and doesn't like the three separate room arrangement of the new PCF. He is also worried that the children might need to move between rooms often. But I am still pretty interested, and left my contact details. Looking at the place, it appears to me that the staff have put a lot of heart in decorating it
happy.gif

I hope their open house won't take place smack in the week that we are out of town!!

I think we will check out Little Tree House too.

Hi onefatcat,

PCF just have the openhouse last week which I miss too because I was late... aiyo because the children woke up late. They deny me to go later because the PIC said it had closed for registeration. Anyway, they dun have vacancy anymore.

BTW, when is your intention to put your child to CC? Next year?

Have you check out Little Tree house?

Hi May, may i know how old is your child, from what i know, they still have vacancy for N1, N2 and K1, not so sure for toddler group. I have register my kids there ald.

My niece is at Little Tree House but my hubby dont like one of the teacher there as she was showing attitude when he went to fetch her. I doubt my little one will enroll there. =p

Hi, Josephine, my son is 3yr next year. should be playgroup bah... So, wat do you like about PCF?

Hi, Daphne, so, where will you considered? Did you find out about Little campus at wellington?

Hi May, for PCF, if your son is above 30 months, they group it as N1, toddler group is 18-30 months. I did survey a number of childcare, even for the little campus at Wellington, but thinking of the distances and i'm a working mum, it is not easy to rush back from MRT to Little Campus coz it is not close to MRT. I actually quite like Little Campus at Wellington, very clean and tidy, but it is always full very fast. You will need to register and paid for the deposit 1 year in advance to secure the seat.

As for PCF, it is actually very close to my block, i do not have any issue during rainy days for me to fetch to and fro, and it is a new center, everyhting is very new and clean. As for the programme, of course they do not have extra enrichment programme like other center, but they do incorporate music into their programme which conducted by external parties. So far i'm ok with the teachers there. Looks caring. Fee is also affordable. Hope my info did help
happy.gif

Hi

Any mummies here can share some gd cc in Yishun,Sembawang area?
My girl is 21 months now.she is in nurtures star at Yishun safra.but I was thinking of changing a cc for her as I dun feel the staff and teachers there good
sad.gif

Thanks a lot in advance

Hi Josephine,

Have your kids starts in the PCF now? How are they coping? Actually, I m worried about how my kid will be coping. Can the teachers be caring and patient enough to help them feel secure? By the way, how much is the fees in PCF? I actually had a call from little campus in wellington offering me a seat next year. they raise their fees to $556/mth.

Hi, my kids started. 1 in K1 another one in N1. Currently the size of the class is quite small, and they do have infant care teacher helping around (the infant care is open in Aug), that is why currently the ratio is not 1 teacher to 12 kids (MCYS guideline) but is about 4 teachers attending to N1 kids for this month. Currently N1 class is quite small, therefore the teacher able to attend to them quite well. Of course at the moment my kids still unable to sleep well there coz they need to sleep at 1pm, which is quite early to them, and also not used to the food as well, other than that i'm ok with the teachers coz most of them are chinese, and they are very friendly and caring. The fees for N1, K1 and K2 is $288.50 but for toddler group if not wrong is $3XX. The facilities are in air-cond, but they do open up the windows to vent. So far i'm happy with them.

Wow, really. Sounds good. Since my child is 3yr next year, so should be N1. I will find out if there is still vacancy next yr.

thanks.

Back