Any good pre-nursery, nursery , childcare at yishun/sembawang?

Thanks ABCs'mummy for the information. How about Star Learners, any feedback. My target is to enrol in December this year for my 3+ gal. Hope to collect more information before i decide. Thanks.

Hi ABCs'mummy, can post the link to the perform@junior in the facebook. Thanks.

Lindatlc, please keep us updated on your girls progress. Thanks.

Any start learners mummy here, can share share info. Thanks

Hi ABC's mummy, my daughter is coming 3 years old. My hubby and myself were working and couldn't take the day off... This is her second day. She took the school bus to school and did not cry when she went in the school.. The teacher told me this friday is NDP. Not sure what this is about. Anyone going? I am trying to get more information from the teacher

I have asked my daughter what she has learnt from school but she did not tell me much.. Maybe it is too early cos it is only her second day in school....

linda
they are hving a mini carnival as well as NDP celebration in the sch. My dd has not been going to sch cos she came down with fever yesterday. My gal is 4 yr old. She is very brave to take bus to and fro herself on first day. Is this her first sch? Where do u stay?

IF the national day celebration is still on, i will be going. Will b bringing both my son and my dd there.

hi ABCmummy, hope that your daughter is recovering well....No this is not her first school. She has been attending playgroup for the past 6 months before coming to [email protected] the first day,
she cried when my mum tried to put her on the bus, my mum followed her on the bus.. When she reached the school, she went in without my mum and she stayed through without crying. Today she took the bus and went to the school without my mum...

I stayed at boon keng. As i worked at woodlands area, i send my daughter to yishun everyday....

The teacher mentioned somthing about the tickets. Do we need to buy? Sounds fun, I might bring my daughter there...

the tickets is fund raising. last yr is to myammer. this yr the fund raised is used to improve facities in the school...

Oic any reason for switching her from her previous sch? yr mum stay in yishun?

yes my mum stayed in yishun... the previous school is only for children till 3 years old and hence i have to put her to another one.

ABC's mummy
your girl is 4 right?

mine is only going to be 18 month old if Perform @ Junior accepts him . ..

not too sure if they have child seat on the school bus . . .

Hi mummies,

I'll be there for the mini NDP celebration
happy.gif
see ya there...

Hi Jeannie,

My girl is also on the waiting list too... I have the same concern abt taking school bus at so young age..

What is the children capacity for Perform@Junior? When place on waiting list means we have to wait until Jan 2010? Any GST for the fee? Hows their meal and cleaniness. Thanks.
It seems that Perform have more fans than StarLearner.

I am looking for a CC that teaches and occupied my dd with educational programmes instead of some CC who just leave the kids to play on their own most of the time. Off course, i know kids learn thru play but i am looking for those CC that prepare my dd for Pri 1 in 2013. Ha ha a bit kia su hor...

Valerie
PJP is the type of sch u r looking for. I'm sure u wun be wrong abt it.

No GST for fees. They hv to wait till the K2 r out then can accept more ppl cos do not wan overcrowding to take place

Btw on monday my dd was unwell. They called me immediately and told me that they kept her in the lib. Initially wan jus sore throat. After which when she has a temp, they sms me again to tell me the temp. Every now n then they will take her temp and inform me if it goes higher. For that i am very grateful...

her class has ab 10 kids...
for age group 18mth to 4yr, most of them r half day prog.

yes she is better. That's y i will be at the celebration tonight

Thanks ABCs' mummy.

i just called them . . . they only have safety belts on the school bus.

my only issue is that I might not be home in time to pick up my boy if he were to take the school bus home. . . guess have to work that out
sad.gif

Valerie,

the earliest will most likely be next yr Jan 2010 liao from what I understand from the person-in-charge.

So far after looking around for quality childcare at a reasonable fees, I think Perform is one of them.......

apple79, usually, i am more comfortable to enrol my kids in bigger organisation like Learning Vision, Kinderland type rather than stand alone CC. But after reading from this thread, am really tempted to give it a try.

ABCs'mummy, any idea who is the regulator of the curiculum for the centre. Your girl's class has 10 kids including 18mths to 4yrs, don't they separate like toddler(below 3yrs), N1(3yrs), N2(4yrs). Does the older kids have the same type of programme as the toddler???
Any star learner mummies here can share more about the centre? Thanks.

Hi ABC Mummy, yes I was there. Sorry was busy and did not saw. We could have meet up there.
My daughter did not take part in the NDP. She was
a little resistant, maybe she was there for a week only. My daughter and myself enjoyed the game there..

no wonder. . . thanks ABC's mummy. . .

do they give you advance notice or do they give you a list of dates when the CC will be closed besides the standard public holidays?

Jeannie
They gv mthly newsletter and it is stated in the newsletter. That's one thing i like abt them too.Daily updates of what the kids r doing (esp for younger group) and monthly newsletter to parents to update abt the sch

ABC's mummy

Thanks!

I'm calling them up to tell them I'm gg to send them a cheque as deposit for my boy for next Jan...so will probably get to meet you then!

Jeannie,

have u visited Perform already? I have wanted to previously but due to H1N1, I have not been able to.

Hi apple79

Yes, I visited Perform with my hubby in late May & he likes their teaching method so that is why we are signing him up. . . we thot of bringing our boy to see the centre last sat but was not a good time. . .

Hi apple79

They do have a pretty big library with lotsa books...

the younger group is downstair according to the person-in-charge i met that day. the place looks pretty clean . . .

we din get to see upstair where the older group of children were at cos it was their nap time. ..

we saw many CCC that same day . . .my hubby chose Perform cos of their teaching method. . . and the person we spoke to speak pretty well...

actually i quite like star learner for their big space but my hubby pointed out that it will be a little too big a group, wic is pretty true.

Jeannie
upstairs basicaly a bigger hall... where all children will hv their nap upstairs ( tat the bad part but so far it is ok). There r two classroom upstairs and row of computers. Oh they start hving computer lessons when they r 4. No nd to pay extra.

Yes younger group are downstairs... once they reaches 5 yr old they will move upstairs. Upstairs are brighter. That's y i hv to bring my son in before next yr so that his jie jie is with him downstairs. If next yr jie jie will be upstairs while he is downstairs...

Oh I see. Thanks for your feedback. I hope i can go down and see the center soon.

U know what? That time i selected a few CC to visit. All centres rejected me due to H1N1. Only star learners allow me to go (which I din go in the end) cos I felt they shouldn't let me visit them ahah. irony huh

Apple 79

I have also visited perform@junior, star learners, little skool house @ semb place, kinderland @ woodlands civic centre, learning vision @ RP and vista point during the H1N1 period.

In fact, learning vision has an open house on recently.

i call up perform @ junior, really full till next year.. but i wanna check with u all, how u all bring your kids to perform @ junior? need to walk from the bus stop? i still not sure where is the location ...

Hi Valerie,

My comments:

Star Learners
1) Big space – your gal will like it if she is those active type.
2) Curriculum – I think is quite good. They provide a variety of enrichment classes such as gym, computer, abacus, speech & drama. They have a big space; therefore gym classes can be conducted.
3) Food – Star Learners is awarded with a food nutrition award.
4) Teachers- the teachers are at least diploma holders.
5) Teacher: student ratio – I am looking for playgroup for my daughter, the ratio is like 2:6, which is quite small.

Perform@junior
1) Smaller space as compared to Star Learners.
2) Curriculum – I think is quite good also. No need to pay extra for enrichment. But they only have computer lesson and speech and drama.
3) Food – No nutrition award.
4) Teachers – I think also at least diploma holders
5) Teacher: student ratio – I can’t remember as I forgot to write down.

porkshop
regarding food in PJP, the cook is formerly working in hotel. The teacher eat the same food as the children. The food is very nice with no salt(or little) added and no MSG. Personally ia m a person particular with wat my kids eat. Even now my 4 yr old gal i still bring hhomecook food for her when i go out.

For starlearner i personaly feel the number of children in the sch is overcrowded.

ABCs’ Mummy

Star Learners has a big compound. It comprises of 2 units of semi-detached house, therefore they definitely have a lot of students. The maximum number of children they can take in is about 200 students. Currently they have only 100plus.

Whereas Perform@junior is a single unit of semi-detached house. From the thread I have read, Perform has reached the maximum number of students. Anyway, I felt that we should look at individual class size not as a whole.

Valerie, I have chosen Star Learners for my daughter.

Back