Any good art class or violin class for 4 yrs old?

Hi.
I'm a full time violin teacher. Pls kindly email me at [email protected] if interested.
Thanks!
happy.gif

ArtZone is quite a good and interesting place for art for kids. They have many inspiring pieces at their studio. My daughter likes the teacher there.

Hi, have you tried My Musical Chamber at Bukit Timah Shopping centre? Heard its opened by a group of teachers and they are very friendily.

Is this thread still active?
Would like to find out a rough guide on how much would a voilin lesson/mth for a 3yr old cost?
Thks!

It depends on which school u chose. For individual class it's around $100-$150/mth.

Btw, I have a friend who want to sell off her 1/10 violin (son gve up after 2-3 mths). The violin is almost new. Let me know if you are keen.

Hi all,
Sorry. I lost track of this thread.

Hi Bubbles,
A brand new student model violin costs $120 for all sizes up till 3/4 and $130 for full size violin. As for lessons, pls email me at [email protected] if u are interested.
happy.gif

Hi,

May I find out what's the ideal age to start a kid on violin lessons? Would love to get my daughter started on it when she's the right age.

Hi krispy,

I would say the ideal age to start is abt 4 years old. Some may start at 3+. It depends on the kids' character.

Apart from Suzuki Violin (JE) and Summer Notes, any recommendations for violin teacher (preferably who can teach Suzuki method) in Bukit Batok?

Thanks.

My 4 year old daughter has been attending the Suzuki violin school in Crestar Jurong East since 3 years old. You need to register for your child at least a few months in advance.

You also need to be a very committed parent. At the Suzuki violin school, kids are NOT treated as hobbyist. They are being trained to the highest standards to be a "violinist" in every true sense of the word. So the parent must commit to endure and play the violin and practice songs taught by the teacher at home together with the child every single day for at least the next 5 years to 10 years until the child becomes a teenager.

Here's a video clip of my 4 year old playing "Happy Birthday" song for my wife. She can now read simple notes written on a score sheet and play them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9nMkZmhiv8

Hope this helps! hahaha (=

Hope this post is still active. Need some advice.

Im in the midst trying to get a violin teacher for my 4 year old. Recently my 6 year old told me she wants to learn violin too.

The true is that she used to learn violin for 3 months when she was 4 years old. That teacher killed her motivation, bringing her morale all time low. I pulled her out and had never talked about it again.

Now that she wants to learn again, I'm concerned about a few things:

1) her emotional well-being. She was disturbed by that teacher.
2) ability to find a caring teacher that can click with young children and bring back her confidence.

Any advise?

psmissyou
my gal who's 5.5 yo is learning violin at Edvox, CCK. My gal took a while to get used to the teacher. This is her 4th teacher (She started learning when she's nearly 4yo). She has been learning from this teacher for about half a year. I find that the teacher has the passion to teach. She has a few other young kids learning from her. If the school is near your place, no harm trying.
happy.gif

My daughter has been attending Suzuki at jurong east Crestar since 3 yrs old since 2009. She has not quit yet, because I have not quit yet. Haha

I think the trick is to play the violin TOGETHER with the child at home at a fixed time every day so the child would automatically know that it's violin time at that time of the day, not just tell the child to practise alone. That has worked for me and my daughter so far. As Dr Suzuki said, Talent is 1 percent inspiration and 99 percent pespiration.

Also a good violin with great playability is crucial for the child. I recommend getting one from Synwin at Marina Square. The luthier can set the action just right for your child.

Enjoy playing violin with your child!

Shawn

Sunny: I'm staying in the east but thanks for sharing!

Shawn: both of us were practicing and having some great time during that 3 months. However the teacher really brought her down.

Guess I'll juz hv to gear up my own courage and find a teacher that can teach all 3 of us?! Wonder will there be any takers. I did check ossia music Tampines but they do not let parents stay in the class which I'm not comfortable. Anyone knows about Ossia violin teachers?

I know what u mean. Any parent would feel pain if the child is severely criticized.

That happens to my daughter every week too. I also feel pain when my daughter is severely criticized. But I just tell myself, "A criticism is a Gift." I prefer a good strict old skool violin teacher.

Good suzuki teachers, especially those trained and certified in Japan may tend to be very strict, because the Master expects perfection and absolute dedication from their apprentices.

So the child apprentice will have to put up with the Master's criticisms and endure and stretch him or herself to improve. That is the traditional Japanese way, and Suzuki is a Japanese method.

Just my 2cents worth of thoughts. haha

Understand what you mean. I don't mind strict teacher as a level of discipline must be there and that was why I'd decided to learn with her. Then my gal had faithfully and enthusiastically ensured she practiced daily. Her last teacher was strict but that wasn't the issue. She ignored my gal outrightly and did not listen to my gal when my gal wanted to play for her....

I guess everyone has different perception of parenting. We all meant well for our kids eventually.
happy.gif

Hi anyone has send the child to symphony in woodlands for violin class? Any gd violin teacher to recommend in woodlands or sembawang area?

Dear Shawn,
I've been reading your post regarding voilin.
Do you have any good voilin teacher or school to recommand, I am stay at Woodlands preferably somewhere nearby. My gal is very interested in Voilin i had sent her for trial class and teacher there said she ready for this.

Since u live in Woodlands, maybe u can try Yamaha in sunshine plaza? The major Suzuki violin schools for little kids (where parents are required to attend classes together) are:

Suzuki school at Crestar Jurong East. Teacher is Mr Kang, the VP of Suzuki association in Singapore
(this is the school where I attend my daughter's classes together with my daughter. It's a team effort really. Haha. The suzuki parent is turned into a teacher for the child's home practises.)

Mandeville at Novena

Mac music school at Forum Galleria in Orchard

You can easily google their contact numbers and websites and register your child with any of these excellent schools, which have produced many outstanding talents over many years.

All the best!

Shawn

Hi mummies, my son attended art classes with Little Art Planet - Teacher Cindy. I highly recommend her if you need a teacher who will "clicks" with ur child. I would say she's very good with kids. My child does pretty good painting. Although it is not super fantastic but they are stuff that I'm really proud of : p

If you are keen, u can pm me for her contacts. I can show u my child's painting too.

Hi, i have engage Little Art Planet to teach my kid art at my house @ tampines. The lesson need a pair of student to form a class. Prices are at 120sgd for 4 lessons 1 hour each for a pair. My kid is year 2008 kid. anyone interested please message me. ;) Saturday, 9am - 10am, start after CNY 2012.

Hi momlouis, Teacher Cindy teaches individual class too. Do check with her if there's no mummy who can join u at e said timing. My kid's interests in art starts with teacher Cindy. Hope ur kid benefit from her classes as much as mine. Cheers!

Found Edvox early on and they really teach almost all ages, ranging from 3.5 (which my kid started at) to those who are in their adulthood. I've personally seen how the teachers really cater their lessons and teaching methods according to their students' needs so this would be a great option for you as well (or any mummies who happen to read this thread at present):)

Back