Any gd recommandations on stretch marks cream?

chunmummy

Hi.. i m around 15weeks + pregnant n my stretch marks r starting to show... need help on the stretch marks cream.. any gd ones to recommand n the price?

Hi

You can consider using Palmer Coco Butter - Skin Therapy Oil or Dry, Itchy Skin Oil (as skin becomes itchy during later stage.

I use Elancyl ( i think it is spelt like this) and you can get it at watsons or Robinsons. The cream will help avoid stretch marks and down the road.. itchy skin especially during 3rd trimester - when the skin stretches very thin and gets really dry and itchy.

I've heard good things abt Clarins' oil. They also have a lotion if u prefer lotion format.

I've used Palmer's before I was pregnant and can feedback that it is a v good moisturiser at a good price.

I've bought elancyl, but haven't used yet. They have 2 products for stretch mark, one cream and one concentrate. I got the concentrate.

how about trying mustela stretch mark cream? so far i been using for a few weeks, the smell is great..though price abit steep..but to pamper and feel good..worth it lar...

else can consider palmer brand, personally i find it not bad too..but abit hard to wash off from hands

can try Avent Indulgent Body Cream. it doesnt smell so strong, creamy but non greasy. price also quite reasonable

I used to use Clarin's oil but end up still have horrible stretch marks even on thighs, maybe my boy too big and stretch too much. i put on 24kg previously.

right now I use nivea intensive moisterising cream, will change to olive oil/baby oil later stage, cos sure very dry and itchy. my family doc said olive oil will do.

eh.. can i noe roughly how much the clarin's oil n avent cream?

mustela is around 70 plus rite?

kyxy how much u selling? ^.^

Heard alot of gd reviews from clarins [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Clarins should be in the $60 to $70 range... I used the Clarins oil during my last pregnancy and no strech marks. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i can't find avent indulgent cream anywhere.. anyone got any idea where to get it?

i bought elancyl stretch mark cream.. but dun seems to be helping... >.<

actually my sis told me any brand of moisturizer will do.. cuz gynae say these cream dun work after shew got rashes from using palmer..it's genetic.. so pray hard dun have..

my colleague told me to use johnson baby lotion. it's good enough. dun need to spend so much $$..

even my student said tha same. she said she watch a documentary on stretch mark..(wonder what a 15+ YO is watch such show) the only thing effective proven is ..LASER! to remove the marks..apparently

... guess all the stretch mark cream shld change to stretch mark prevention cream.. hahahaha..

my baby gal dun like me applying at all... guess it's too cold for her.. there's once she knew it's time that i goin to apply the cream n she keep kicking... until my husband said to her," ok mummy dun apply cream tonite ok?" den she stop kicking -.-" lol...

anyway.. nw 21 weeks.. my "present" is already showing.. getting obvious too.. my mum n my sisters all get stretch marks.. guess i can't escape frm it too... >.<

Alicia - your baby is sooo cute!

I tested Palmer's but i dont like the smell. Currently using Body Shop's shea butter with sesame, don't really like the smell too, am thinking of switching to elancyl stretch mark cream

penguin, u shld use when ur tummy starts showing... cos when e tummy strech bigger, tats when strech marks come about [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I've used both clarins body oil & stretchmark control and it's really work. i don't have any stretchmarks after my 1st delivery.

currently, i'm using it for my 2nd pregnancy.

I hv recently bought Clarin treatment oil and been applying every night after shower, but I already hv some stretch marks at the side of each bum [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] is it too late now? can't remove those already exist but hopefully it can prevent more from forming.

My colleague told me to use it the moment you know you are pregnant. The aim is to moisturise and prepare for the BIGGGGG stretch. also, reduce the itch on tummy at the very least.

Alicia, you shld use it. Take it as an opportunity to do bonding with the baby. i recommend a book call "prenatal classroom" on how to bond with the baby and have a more alert newborn. Looking at it, you baby is very alert. =)

yes my baby is very alert.. n very notti also... i think the stretch mark cream that i bought is nt working for me... after i finish this one.. i think i hv to go try other brands ones...

there's times when my belly button area feels very stretched .. guess it's due to the stretching...

If Clarins Oil is pricey, check out "Bio Oil".

My friend got it for me from Australia and I just got my hubby to buy me some more whilst he is working in Brisbane. It has a lovely lavendar like smell, absorbs very fast into the skin and works great. My friend is a pharamacist, has 2 kids and found it really good during both her pregnancies. She popped by to visit last month and brought a small bottle for me to try.

I heard it can be bought in JB's Watsons as well, but they don't carry the largest size - 200ml. I hope it becomes available here, but for now, just letting the hubby stock up for me. =)

If anyone wants, I can ask him to buy the smaller bottle version of it for you to try out. PM me. He will be coming back on Wednesday and flying out again on the 2nd of Oct, the next time he will be back will be after another 2 weeks plus from that date. Alternatively, get your hubby or friends to get it for you from JB. =)

Aft I noe I'm pregnant, I apply faithfully everyday aft bath. I still get alot of stretchmarks. N I really mean alot. It's in e genes, can't escape.

TMC pharmacy selling any stretchmarks cream / lotion on sales? My last visit there to do the scanning, happen to passed by n saw the promotions.. Wonder if it's still on-going now. ;)

I've a bottle of Clarins Body Treatment oil (100ml) to let go at $50. Bought in March 2010 and used only a few drops (less than 5ml). If u r interested, please email me directly at [email protected]

Collection at Tanjong Pagar (weekdays) or Ang Mo Kio.

Thank you.

hi

i have bio oil to sell...

bought it from london...willing to let go 3 bottles...

125 ml - 2 bottles @ sgd 70 for 2

60 ml - 1 bottle @ 25

my husband bought too many, Bio Oil highly recommended! its good for scars, stretch marks, dehydrated skin, ageing skin, uneven skin tone.

i used it when i was 4 weeks pregnant till delivery... and i dun have stretch marks at all... email me if u keen [email protected] thank you

Hi,

I used Clarins Oil for my 1st pregnancy in Y2003 & am using it again for my current pregnancy too.

no stretch-mark at all till this moment.

Current price is $84 (if I am not wrong).

FYI, coming Fri till Sun-Metro is having Less 20% storewide.

My auntie using Johnson body lotion and no stretch mark at all. So I personally don't think there is a need to go for really expensive ones. I'm currently using Body Shop Sea Butter, so far so good but too early to tell cuz still in my first tri-mester lol

how early can we start using the strech marks cream? will it be ok the baby? I am only 5w preg. is it safe?

planning to use on my thigh too cos i had it few yrs ago. dunno when it start appearing. is there any cream that can cure the marks that is on my thigh now?

stretchmarks shld be running in gene.. but no harm done if we could try to minimise its occurence right.. :p

I have tried Loccitane's Olive Lotion.. it's good.. not sticky, smell good.. hubby will rub before turning in, and I apply myself after bathing in the morning.. so far so good.. :)

Hi, I have 2 tubes of brand new Palmer's Cocoa butter (organic) for sale. Bought them in August. I have been using another bottle for 3 months and has no stretch marks at all.

Letting go at $25 per tube. Meet up possible at Pasir Ris or Tampines MRT stations. Email me [email protected] if keen. Thanks.

pillow4: u can start stretchmark cr d minute u know u are pregnant. it's meant for prevention. use it on thigh if you need to. for those already shown stretchmark, you may like to use Clarins body scrub together wif the stretchmark cr to "slowly remove" it...i tried it...and it's slowly getting lighter =)

use Palmer's. its very good. i've got lots of horrible stretch marks on my tummy but now have disappeared a lot already after i've used palmers

Hi Elise,

do you mind sharing which Palmer's product you use exactly? as they have many types now (oil, cream, lotion etc)

I had used palmers in the past and now am using Bioglo. So far so good. But dont see any difference in existing stretch marks. Hope it'll help to prevent new ones from appearing...

Has anyone tried ROSE HIP OIL ?

Back