Any Flying mothers around?

Ya agree must listen to 2 sides of the story, however even if she lead him on but last minute she backed off, its still constitute rape cus no consent. THen of course with the influence of alcohol... sigh...

Feel so sorry for his wife & kids...

hi everyone,

glad to find this thread... eventhough i'd left SQ for so many years!!! Miss the pay & off day!!

it's 9/11 today... still remember where were u when 911 happened in 2001? memory testing... hihi, too boring @ home liao..

so all mummies here r SAHMs?

hi luvudeepdeep,

Welcome welcome
happy.gif
happy.gif

9/11 think i was at home (off day) One moment I saw the twin towers there then the next visit not there anymore! But its very very sad.

I'm a part WAHM part SAHM hahaha also dunno how to put it. But leaning towards SAHM cus mostly at home teaching my ger or sending her to class.

hi ylc,

are u the one who organize BP for toothpaste & ointment? i bought thomas & fren toothpaste from u, already receive my 2 tubes of toothpaste today, u very efficient ler... thx ya!

tat time during 911 i was still a new bird in SQ ler, never been to twin tower lor so sad, but one mth after 911 i got fly to new york, so went to the site and tat time still a lot of ashes flying around, then one year after 911 i went back there again but already a ground zero...

hi luvudeepdeep,
i was visiting my team cs in sgh (around 8 plus) with some of my team mates, when we reached his room, he told us one of the twin towers was hit by a plane(he was watching cnn)

the next moment,we saw a plane crashing the other tower on live tv... really looked like a hollywood movie.... unbelievable at tat time....

yalor, tat time i was having dinner w my batch gals after back fr TPE n my brother called & told me that twin tower has collapsed n i tot he was joking... so that's it lor, no more chance to see twin tower anymore...

luvudeepdeep,

hahaha yeah thats me! hahaha
happy.gif

that time i was at home lazing ard... then my mum was watching tv and then she told me and we watched together! OMG! thats so unbelieveable! And if I am not wrong, i think i just flew back from the states or something like that... we were like "Thank God!" then hurried to sms to check if my frens were stranded there or not and if they are ok... so scary lor... its like these pple can do such a thing anytime anywhere!

I quit in Feb2006. Nah... dun think I will go back... already thinking of 2nd bb next yr. hb still in SQ though... but engineering side lah. so still have some perks hehehe

wah then perk must be very good la, for me i very suay lor, 1st yr joining kena 911, so no bonus, 2nd yr kena SARS, so only got 2.5mths bonus... really hard luck

i quit since sep'03, but now sometimes do hav dream tat going back flying again, very funny one la...

hahaha perks arh... not much lah... cus their free tickets all subload one. Only bonus or sometimes hb can get to buy stuff from SQ like umbrellas/calendars/diaries when we cant even get hold of it.

Thinklebell, nice flying with you... Me no chance aridi. Found the gender aridi. Phew! luckily nvr buy Girls' clothing. hee hee

Sungrapes, are you going JCL refresher soon

Petite,
Congrats! Congrats!!! It's a prince! Start blogging on him now...

I heard abt the raping case n read on the news too. The most poor thing is the wife & kids. But i heard the FSS is an Indonesian probationary crew.. many different versions lah. unless u have frens on that flt!

Hot_soup,
Yup, quite a pretty decent job & comm will commence when I go out for sales & start bringing in biz. Flew with SQ on a no. of times for my biz trip and met a few frenz on flt. Rekindle the memory... and the crew all looks pretty new n not that gd-looking leh...

911 - was at home. Last yr 911, was in NY. went to Liberty & ground zero and the whole country's flag was on half-mass.

petite,
yes,juz chk my webmail. they email me gg to roster me jc99 soon. nw muz print the jcl handout myself loh!! waste my paper...im gg ctrl to print out,cos knowing sq, the notes sure very thick 1 !!

congrats on havg another boy boy! i wish i will hav a girl next round..aiyoh,i c all the girl clothes in states..sooooo pretty and cute! cant wait to buy leh..sure spend ALL my allowance 1..

Boy's clothes very boring hor.. but can save $$ oso..

Sungrapes, you don't need to print . Seem like you can get it from Control. Is printed out aridi. Tinklebell just collected them. She going with you.

I also wanted a girl. but....

Petite,

COngrats on having a boy! I want a boy next! hehe have girl quite ex hahaha must dress from head till toes hahaha ;)

LADIES, I would like to tap on yr 'ENGLAND'. C wat you able to interpret from this:

1 MATERNITY LEAVE

<font color="0000ff">1.1 Duration of Maternity Leave and payment:

1.1.1 Female employees in Singapore except those mentioned in paragraph 1.1.2 below and female cabin crew, where the provisions on such crew who become pregnant are set out in the Collective Agreement, will be granted 2 months (paid by the Company) and 8 weeks (paid by government for Singapore child) of maternity leave for her 1st and 2nd child. For her 3rd and subsequent children, 16 weeks (paid by the government for Singapore child) of maternity leave will be accorded to her. The amount payable by the government is capped at $10,000 per 4 weeks (including CPF contribution).

1.1.2 Staff who give birth to a non-Singapore Citizen child will, except for the 1st and 2nd child where they will be granted paid maternity leave of 2 months by the Company, be on unpaid maternity leave.

1.1.3 The female employee must have been in the service of the Company for a continuous period of at least 90 days before the birth of her child in order to be eligible for the paid maternity leave.</font>

petite,

it means female cabin crew dun get any maternity benefits from sia and govt as laid out in the collective agreement between the union and co.

female staff in singapore who give birth to the 1st 2 kids(non singaporeans) get 2 mths leave from company only and nothing from govt.

think this is abt the highlights of wat is mentioned.

petite,

yeah it means female cabin crew don't enjoy the maternity benefits at all.

Other female employees get 2 mths &amp; 8 weeks, paid maternity leave for 1st &amp; 2nd singaporean child.

Female employees who give birth to Non-singaporean child will get only 2 mths, paid/unpaid maternity leave for 1st &amp; 2nd child.

All must be in service for at least 90 days before the birth of her child (this excludes Female CC)

But don't you think is misleading, esp with those ,,, in place? on such crew who become pregnant are set out in the Collective Agreement, will be granted 2 months (paid by the Company) and 8 weeks....

quite true lah... think their typo error... i think they shld mean employees... hahaha but with such typo error, can lead to many female crew asking for the benefits since its stated black &amp; white!

<font color="0000ff">HI ALL, I am now in Huttons Property Group. If you nod any1 wants to buy, sell or rent, contact me ok?

Im also doing developer's launch projects.

Currently project today pre launch is : JEWEL @ CHUAN HOE.

HERE are the info:
http://www.viewtooffer.com/projects/Jewel@Chuan_Hoe/index.php?id=69&amp;projectname=Jewel@Chuan_Hoe</font>

Hopefully I can make aleast 50K b4 I give birth eitherwise I stress abt $$$. Ha ha

Hey petite,

my ger's teacher is looking for a place (house preferably) to rent for opening a school leh... maybe i ask her if she is still interested or not...

hi petite,

so sorry, i havent check this thread... it slipped my mind... just sms her to check... get back to you shortly!

hi everyone..

Stumble along this thread..left SQ last year after my five yrs contact..Still miss it evry nw and then esp the off days and pay..
happy.gif
Waiting to deliver my baby boy..any day nw. i'm 39th wks already..Nt wrking..Its a different lifestyle, took alot of adjustments to get use to it but i guess although with much lesser money..My life is alot simplier and happier..

Here's wishing evryone happiness whatever route they choose, life after flying..
happy.gif

Hi petite,

WIll pm you her contact okie
happy.gif
Please check
happy.gif

Hi Jules,

Welcome! yeah life is much much simplier &amp; happier... but financially dependent on hb! wow! let us know when you deliver ya! Wishing you a smooth delivery!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hey anyone read the papers? Gratuity for 5 yrs contract decreased to $10k! hahaha luckily took my 15k! hahaha
happy.gif

but 10yr gratuity inc to 25k. too bad i cannot take cos me on the old contract. if only can hor...

i think like tat,all the mre the girls wun stay,not even for the 1st 5yrs..10k is too small a carrot. nowadays, the young crew very well-to-do. heard of this fs drving porsche.

Sungrapes,

wah really arh? porsche??? then join cabin crew for what?? might as well do something else?? unless very rich but not very educated... hmm... but can always join family biz mah...

Fwah... lamborghini &amp; porsche!! hahaha but i do wonder why they would wanna join CC? For the gals??

hi mummies,
my boy is in full fledge TERRIBLE TWO's!!!! i wanna die alrdy!! he's an angle only wen he's sleeping..how har??

Sungrapes,

Welcome to the club!!! Have to be patient! My gal is in her T2s long ago... OMG!!! Can die too but have to try to be patient explain and most importantly discipline them! Now she knows what is punishment &amp; beating! hahaha Either put her at her thinking corner or have to beat her on her palms. Try to find more activities for them to do like go to the gym or outings... keep them occupied as much as possible so they dun drive us nuts!

mummies,
sq bringing back the FMS 1-2 days cop flts..on trial frm next year Feb.

itz fantastic if u stay with parent/in laws.come back can c bb everyday. but for me, i send my boy to my parents wen im on flt,cos i cant trust the maid. I'd rather have 2-3 offdays in a row.Long flts still can gv away,got ppl will want. but short 2days flts where got ppl want do.

i dun noe leh..now i contemplating moving in with my MIL, then can join the turnard FMS.

sungrapes,

I'm half-hearted cos at this current company, i'm pretty happy, 5day work plus get to spend time with my gal everyday. If go back, I won't get to see my gal as often.

At the same time, I wanna go outstation!!! (selfish me wanna have time for myself too) Now, i hardly have much time to myself like reading a book, exercise, etc etc...

godsent,
i understand ur need to have me-time. outstation is my time to catch up on my SLEEP and reading. but u noe, i bring tons of childcare books to read,but the irony is tat i wun have any time to put them into practice!!

u shd noe abt the jetlag..the spirit is willing but the body is weak. i go home and becm so tired,it eats into the quality time i have with my boy and hb. moreover, the roster now is so bloody tight,every off day is precious.

if u r happy with wat u have now, itz better to spend time with ur family. they grow so fast!!
b4 u noe it, u will have lots of time to urself once they start school. enjoy them now while they still need u.

sungrapes,
what u said is really true too! Sometimes we gotta make sacrifices for our little ones and can't be too self-centred. Esp if i'm just a fss, we really work on flt. If ranking crew, den perhaps it's not as trying. The $$ is good too, I mayb able to spend on my gal but I guess being around her during her growing stage is more impt than showering her with stuff.

(plus I wanna have another bb, so now it's not the right time to go back!) mayb by the time, I've the nx kid, my concept/thinking change again!

Godsent,

yeah sometimes the idea do cross my mind... but then going back flying means spending less time with my gal besides the 1st 3 years of their lives, they need their parents with them... now we may think that we have not enough time to do this &amp; that but when they grow up, they will have their own programs &amp; all, we will then have lots of time on our hand! Can do whatever we want hahaha... my girl will be starting sch next yr and i will have 4hrs off! hahaha maybe time to do some part time while she is at sch hahaha
happy.gif

my mum's new neighbors got 6 kids!!! so fun to watch them play. my boy likes to climb over to their hse and join them. Tot nowadays in s'pore dun have such a large chinese family anymre.

i 1 child alrdy so stressed! everytime c them have this impulse to have another 1 leh.

Hi ladies:me also flying mommy of 13 months old hayley and 5 weeks preggie now again
happy.gif

Happy holidays everyone,Merry x'amss and have a great yr !

ps wat do u guys buy when overseas?????can share those good bargains?????

weishy,
congrats! is ur 2nd bb planned?
overseas wat i like to buy? bb clothes lor! when gap,old navy got sales is cheap and gd. the designs oso much nicer compared to sin. milk bottles and feeding thgs much cheaper eg,avent, dr brown's. basically mothercare is cheaper. japan buy bb food and wipes. c whether u wanna lunge these heavy thgs back or not.

to all mummies,
MERRY XMAS!! may all our bbs grow up strong, healthy and Obedient!

Hi weishy,

Welcome welcome
happy.gif

Sungrapes,

Sometimes I feel to have so many kids is really fun and they can grow up together but not practical because attention is so much divided... and of course the $$ part! hahaha

sungrapes:hahhah i do i do lunge all those stuffs back even mlk formula from japan cos she's drinkng the karihome and wakado :p...always excess baggage for me kkakakkakak

Gap:eek:ccasionally...to ex already :p
usually goes to gymboree or crazy 8

ylc:tks tks oh ya btw i'm not from SQ hehehehhe from Cx so based in HKG still,didnt choose sin base cos its a pay cut for me
sad.gif

Back