Any Flying mothers around?

<font color="ff6000"> MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

MAY GOD's BLESSINGS BE UPON YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!!
happy.gif
</font>

Hi Flying Mummies,

<font color="ff0000">Merry X'mas!</font>

<font color="aa00aa">May our little ones grow up smart, healthy, loving, &amp; happy. Have a fabulous 2009!</font>

Godsent:4 months so much ar???no la they go by hkg ruling so only 10 weeks
happy.gif
and can fly straight after doc says "fit to fly"...they dun see our "sizes" kakkakakkaka

yup i'm a singaporean and been in hkg for 13 yrs already...so are my other friends.some 30 yrs or so looooo.really senior

weishy,

only 10 weeks? Can you all extend the time? But then they are also not discriminating lor... at least they dun judge by our "sizes" not like XXX kekeke
happy.gif

So now you are in HK or in SG?

<font color="ff6000"> HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!</font>

Hows everyone? Its been so quiet here....
Just got news that my gf who has been flying for 8/9yrs just got promoted to LSS!!! Such a long wait! my batch boy got promoted when he was in his 4th yr of flying!!! Rare for a guy!
I got asked if I would like to go back to work in R*S*T*R*N*G.... arghhhh... what timing!!! I have yet to settle my girl in her sch... might need a few more mths... she is not adapting well to her sch routine yet.
kao_frustrated.gif

Hi every1,

New here, now i am almost 3mth pregnant...any ideas if i worked ground job b4 goin bk flying,will SQ consider? Cos i heard b4 if u will to be returning mother u must not work outside b4 going bk..how true?

gtea (gtea), now you can work on ground. But cannot be competitive company.

HI all,

Long time nvr post here aridi. I juz gave birth to my 2nd boy. Now doing confinement.

Who is flying now ah? I am craving for Dounts!!!

sungrapes (sungrapes), still can manage. But my new maid at hm giving prob. To think I hv to handle a 'headache' at hm. Worst then a new crew!

Godsent (godsent), yap! Tks alot

I remember when I first join the airlines, the senior were talking abt stewardess always giving birth to BB gals.

Now seems like to be the other way round and lots are c-sect.

Maybe in future are twins

took 2 wks no pay leave during june holidays..any ideas what to do on the sunny island of s'pore with a 2.5yo?

we juz went hkg disneyland 1st wk of may..was great fun! manage to beat the swine flu outbreak there. so far so gd..no1 down with any flu.

Petite,
hahaha last time when flying... it seems like a trend... everyone in my team (wives &amp; team girls) started getting pregnant.. seems like one get a girl... the rest follows...

Sungrapes,
Staying in SG not travelling with your kid?
but u are so lucky to get 2 weeks no pay leave during june holidays... my gf tried to apply but cant even get no pay leave!

ylc,
i apply for myself to spend mre time with son. hb continue to fly. so no plans to travel overseas. yes, im quite lucky, cos i submitted 2nd last day of the dateline.

mayb i will spend to potty train my boy. cos i dun wanna let my mum do all this hard work and my boy is alrdy 2.5yo liao. been trying on and off but not consistent cos of work.

mummies,

im SOOOOOOOOOO enjoying my no pay leave, spending every moment with my boy marveling at how much he's grown up to be so talkative and independent. We can chit chat like 2 grown ups and im still amazed by the way he can express himself so well.

Im so close to quitting my job! so tempted to want to live "hand to mouth" so can spend my days taking care of him.

Itz been such a satisfying wk for me and im proud to accounce he's potty trained!

sungrapes, congrats! you must be really happoy that your tis wk was well spent...

Will you be extending yr leave due to the horrible flu?

Did you read the newspaper abt the write up on the waring mask on board?

The last sentence Siasu said that if everybody on board till the taxi stand wear mask, nobody would there to come to Sin.

I really disagree. I can also pharse it in the other way, If everybody wear mask, everbody will nod is save to travel around Sin, cos you are still protected 80% better then none!

Then 1 steward pro-Co, say he nods wat the Co is doing. Then Y go death cases?

Btw do you nod tat Tinklebell is pregnant again?

Hey mummies, how are you all?

Been so busy... with my daughter being pretty sick... High fever, diarrhoea, cough with phlegm, running nose... aiyo stressful week!

Sungrapes,
WOW!!! its really satisfying watching ur lil tot grow up yah! But still have to work lah... for personal satisfaction &amp; sanity!
happy.gif
is SIA asking everyone to go for no pay leave 1-2days per month? I know EC is doing so... wondering if parent company is doing so too?

Petite,
yeah i agree that everyone shld wear a mask... it would be so much safer and of course a peace of mind. I remember during sars period, we still had to work without the mask and when we pax back, they made us wear the mask. thinking back, its pretty stupid because if we are exposed to the virus, the first leg will already get it and wearing mask after won't help us at all ...

Tinklebell,
CONGRATS!
happy.gif
How many months?

petite,
u noe this airline very KS n cannot lose face type, so sure wun let us wear mask, our lives r worthless to them anyway so u think they will even consider our safety.
Now they say short of crew so no mre extension of leave. They underestimated the number of crew who took NPL. Tho now the swine flu is getting worse, i do fear for my family's safety. Onboard i tend to wash my hands mre often esp after toilet chks and i use a pc of tissue to 'protect' my hands when i touch the latch. I oso dun wan2 talk too much to pax and crew anymre. I think pax feel the same way..got excuse for not doing PR.

ylc,
CC gotta take 1day/mth. EC last i heard was 4days/mth.

Wat personal satisfaction?? Im working solely for the $$, i go insane outstation missing my son so much.

mummies,
pls lor! we all noe the AC air is recycled air,so tis quarantine thg for certain number of rows near to the infected person is quite rubbish. As if the infected person whole flt stay in the seat nv go toilet or walk ard cabin meh?

Sigh! even if got ebola, oso they will make us work lah. i long time alrdy gv up on any crew welfare liao.

this thread very 'dead' leh..but i noe ev1's busy enjoying mummyhood. Pls keep this place alive ok?

tinklebell,
congrats!!! update us soon.

Sungrapes, this thread is 'dead' but when there 'NEWS' we are all back here again... Ha ha!
At least There are few of us very active still following the thread.

Like wat you say abt the cabin air is recycled air, true lor. Talk abt that Fss that kena, who nods which shift she slept with in the crew bunks, the rest might kena also.

Now A380 going HKG &amp; CDG, wat next?? Think If I come back, no chance for me to go these places aridi. Esp CDG. Sob sob..

YLC, can see you very busy with yr sprees... Try to start Kunchie Dount spree la. I sure join. Hee hee.. I miss eating that. sigh!

I remember the time when I went back SQ, So much changes.. PP I nod get old, or look old. those PN 600+ &amp; 200+ gets promoted.

GO fra now nt for choc but is for yougurt.
Go Aust, Icn, Jap- buy Dounut..
Go China, buy $30 cargo bag

when I first heard abt that I was Huh????

Wonder if 2 yrs from now If I will to ret back to SQ, wonder wat are the changes. Hmmm???

Ps: Twinklebell is 2mth+ preggie. Her morning sickness is killing her.

Twinklebell, since you are on ground now, come here often to chit chat lei.. Everybody miss you too.

I got a maid since 2mths+ aridi. But this maid is so blur and trying to act smart.

I always tell her 'smart abit but don't be too smart'...

Last few days, I very stern and told her to find the biscuit that was kept in the fridge. Told her that she has no sense of urgences in keeping the items, you nod wat: she started crying...

(But every nite, she hurry pack, clean up the kitchen so she can sleep early)

2 days later, I told her do nt take kindness for weakness, she got scare, like as if she going to loss her job!

Tis morning, I use another tatic. She left a stool near my door. She forgot to keep. So I turn round and asked her is there a care taker sitting there. Bitchy hor!

At nite, my big boy wanted somemore milk. So I asked her to fix. She came back with a small bottle for my bb to drink. I told her is for big boy. she asked me wat to do with this milk....

Then I asked her did you wash the bottle b4 fixing another round of milk? (Cos my boy drink the 1st round and she bring it to the kitchen for washing) she answer NO. COs there is milk inside and she has nt wash. Juz throw away the milk and make another round.

The I asked her is the lid covered the teats or expose, she don't understand. So I told her throw away the milk and wash b4 making the milk again.

After saying that I felt like 1 of the IFS...

Cut cake, the cake can break. (Cannot work JCL)

If I will to give her check report, all 3s &amp; 4s only for a experiene maid hor.

Sometimes I prefer to teach FSS. Maid sucking my blood!!!!

PETITE,
i laugh when i read ur post, cos hb juz came back frm china and he bot a $40 cargo bag!!!

So sad i cant go hkg anymre cos me not 380. i jz did hkg/sfo and did so much shopping and EATING my fave beef brisket/tendon noodles. My parents cant indulge in the lao por bing anymre liao
sad.gif

i return to flying 1.5yrs alrdy..time flies. And yes, til now, i fly or meet with crew i knew b4 i quit, they all look so different..mre haggard and hair getting lesser. I guess im oso same, old liao. Do galley work bend up and down to load meal can get very 'chuan4'. Chk in hotel collapse in bed,no energy to go makan oso..

2day is my last day of leave. SOB! 2mr flt is 10days long! dun noe if can survive anot. Worse is my boy kena BALANITIS 2day. this am wake up say his bird bird pain, then i saw some blood in his pants, went n dig out his nite diapers and saw blood as well. whole am dun wan to pee and cry in pain. So i quickly rush him to A&amp;E. Doc say his penis is INSIDE the foreskin and smhow the foreskin cant b pushed back normally so penis head got infected. Aiyoh!! i c his bird evday oso dun noe itz not 'normal'. Actually, i dun even noe how a 2.5yo boy's bird sup to look like. i c other boy's bird(frm a distance) look abt the same leh. hw wld i noe hw much the foreskin can or cannot be push back?? cos im told by PD last time not to force his foreskin back and let it 'detach' naturally. Any mummies with this experience?? Doc say gotta consider circumcision! But he's so young to put him thru this!

i c him scream in pain till he tremble and whole body perspire, keep calling 'mummy! mummy!' and i cant do anythg to help except hold and hug him. He was calling out to me cos he depended on me to help him, i was the only person he knew to turn to in times of pain and distress and yet i was so HELPLESS! Wah! my heart really very super pain and i cried and cried. I very trumatise and hated tat i had leave him during this time.

he was given antibiotics n painkiller and luckily was willing to pee by late pm. But he refuses to pee in toilet so 2day kept peeing in his pants, even when we brought him out. He say his bird not pain anymre tho he wun let me touch it while i wash him. I gotta gv him next dose of med at 3am later. hopefully by 2mr he will feel ok.

I feel so much better after 'talking' abt tis. Only a mother will noe how another mother feels.

petite, if ur maid gv u problems, better chg. Dun be 2 soft hearted cos they will take advantage. I was like tat with my 1st maid. She left with my new ergo bb carrier and 2 teddy bear soft toy. i found out only when i moved hse tis march.

She oso like to cry evtime i chide her esp at nite in her rm, can hear her sobbing, next day ask her wat hap, she gv me the poor puppy look. She threw away my boy's food and told me he finish eating evthg within 10mins wen i was hving such a hard feeding him b4 i ask her to take over. She either thinks she's very smart or im very stupid. She will even go on hunger strike to show she's unhappy with me. Now i think back, i feel really silly to put up with her nonsense out of pity. in the end, my family were the ones who suffer.

My new maid since nov oso got diff problem. do thgs super slow, dun now on purpose or wat. ask her to be in bed by 10pm, she will dilly dally, bath very late, then next day cant wake up on time. my boy's toy under the table, i din want to say anythg, 2 days later still there. shows tat she NEVER sweep under the table!

But then i din want to b so bitchy cos im afraid she will mistreat my son when im not ard.

how's life with 2 kids? m thinking abt 2nd 1 leh..b4 my factory goes on strike.

sungrapes (sungrapes), oh no! he is better nw?

So you back flying but yr heart in Sin rite? I understand...

I still remember those dayz tat I juz went back flying.. SNY only, cannot take it aridi. My boy was having fever, scare nobody to give him med at nite. In Syd keepos on calling hm (every 4 hrs) to check on my boy. Luckly then is 1 per crew to a rm... eitherwise my partner cannot Zzzz.

my boy is fine, called my mum. still dun wanna pee in potty but his bird bird not pain amymre, taz according to wat my boy say lah.

i met many m'sian flying crew. compared to them, i seem to be so kam cheong abt motherhood. there's this m'sian css, hb oso crew but not coded. when both of them flying, they leave their 3yo gal with the maid. she attends cc frm 11-5pm. maken will be bought frm the hawker centre, they hardly cook at all. i saw picts of their girl, so cute and chubby. i feel i tend to over worry abt alot of thgs. my ex teamgal m'sian oso, so relax abt motherhood vs my batchgal s'porean, tok her bb c dermatologist for cradlecap. Aiyoh! i wish i can be mre RELAX.
Smtimes, i worry till my head gg to explode!!

Petite,

Sprees arh... not really busy cus trying to take a break esp after my girl's sickness... still trying to nurse her back to health. She is so skinny now so have to try to get her to eat again.

Kunchie Dount = Munchie Donuts?
hahaha just got my driving license... hahaha can drive to deliver hor! kekeke ;)

Maids:
I can't imagine leaving my girl with the maid... if with grandparents still not so bad since there is still love there. I have seen so many clips of how the maids ill treat the kids in their charge and its really sickening lor. My fren ever leave her bb girl with her maid and luckily she has got a cam at home and caught the maid slapping her bb girl only few months old! Immediately sack and send her back home. Once I brought my girl to my mum's place and her maid's niece(came to sg and my mum wanted me to take her as my maid) tried to feed my girl. My girl refused to eat much and then she nvr really feed her anymore and threw the food away. I was like duh??? Either can try patiently to feed her or can keep the food, then when she is hungry can feed her later mah. So in the end, couldn't trust any maids so didn't even want to hire one. Have to take care of my girl all by myself. I put her in school already miss her so much for 4 hrs liao... can't imagine her going childcare for whole day.

Sungrapes,
Hope your son is better now! So poor thing... well if its me, I also wouldnt know if the foreskin is back or not since I have no experience- only have one girl ;)

I'm also contemplating trying for another one... sigh... but economy so bad and all plus H1N1 and all... dunno whether its the right time or not while on the other hand, my girl is coming 3 so if dun get one, the age gap would be pretty big... arghhhh.... clock ticking... arghhh....

REad about the recycled air part... remember the 1st H1N1 case? She came back and caught H1N1? I read they tried to contact few rows in front and behind... then thinking to myself, the air recycled so probability is that everyone has got a chance of catching it lor... so stupid to locate few rows in front and behind. But its also true, company wont really care whether u catch it or not since many others will be able to replace you. No welfare anymore and was most apparent during Sars period lor. Its always keeping the reputation of the SG Girl not the welfare of the girls.

Hey gals,
Wa, i've nvr visit the thread for a long time too... the last is in Jun, nw is oredi Nov.

Guess what? I got a call to ask me if i'm still keen to return flying... Arranging for interview on 20Nov 09. Contemplating... Can give any valuable feedback?

godsent,
i've a review on the 18th cos i was supposed to start training in feb 2009...then they called to defer until now...

Hi hi,
sugar, were u there on 18th??? I was there too!!! Supposed to be 20th but they changed my date to 18th! i guess we may have met! hahaha... u r??? ;p

godsent,
in the end i didn't go as i'm expecting no 2 now...of all times...haha...

enjoy your flying career...i miss it though so will wait and see whether i can fly again after i deliver the baby...

Godsent (godsent), cool!!!. surprising I did nt recieve any call yet. hmmmm..

The last time round was also waited quite some time then they call and ask me. Almost like bb abt 13-15mths later.

sugar (kaka2606), congrats!

hi all mummies,
how's ev1? so fast gg to be X'mas again!!

Wish ev1 a BLESSED and Cheerful Xmas!

i juz celebrated my boy's 3yo birthday. Took my annual leave,clear my childcare leave and applied for no-pay childcare leave..total 15days leave.. they approved only 3days tho i applied for abt 2wks. But i muz say they were kind enuf to let me be on leave for my boy's bday.

i oso brought my boy for circumcision..so this leave was very busy and 'fulfilling' for me. i finally had the courage to do it so itz a huge laod off my mind.

2day my last day on leave (very sad and moody), 2mr gg for SEP. Do u noe i have to take 6 tests??
777,747,380,1st aid,normal prodecures (i think) and DG.

i alrdy SUPER confused now,so many ac types to rem and 380 n 747 i seldom do and the ac so different..aiyoh! ev yr muz stress once.

watz the latest update for mummies here?
who gg back flying besides Godsent?

Godsent,
all the best to u!!
happy.gif

who's taking care of ur bb?

Hi Sugar,
wow, congrats! Dat's a better news than flying.

sungrapes,
wow, so many types of tests!!! Jia luck! I believe I'll have to go thru this again... Oh ya, how long is the training for RMS? When I went for interview, they told me 5wks but when they called me for the training date, the HR person told me 3wks. If 5wks, I'll be ard for CNY but if 3wks, then it'll be b4 CNY...

My mum taking care of my gal for me and besides, I'm enrolling her in Learning Vision CC.

To all: Joyeux Noel!!!

sugar (kaka2606), congrats!!! update us on bb gender k?

sungrapes (sungrapes),after all you so many tests, still I think is easier then my property test CES. so tricky...

weishy (hlmommy) , R u CX crew?

Godsent (godsent), the last time round when I went back, in bet of my training, I was put on 1 week SB. so in the end training was abt 5 weeks+. could be like this for yr case?

Hey everyone!

Wishing everyone a blessed 2010!!!
Wow... i couldn't find this thread until now. The last time i was searching high and low for this thread! How's everyone?

I'm expecting my 2nd bb now
happy.gif

hi all,
juz had a very very bad day at work. one of those flts where im so tempted to throw in my resignation letter!

really so sick of those backstabbing a**holes.

ARGHHH!!!

juz venting...

Back