Any concern if baby taking silver fish daily ? Anyone can advice ?

EmmaJason

Dear Parents,

I have a concern now. I have an infant age 16months old. He is taken care by a very experience helper. Food are all home cook.

But today I took a bite at the afternoon fish porridge and find it very salty.

Only upon asking then did i know my helper add small dry silver fish to his daily fish porridge. She said it is to have added taste.

My instruction to her if there are no fish / shortage of fish then she use the silver fish. But I didn't realise she added it daily.

In façt I was blur as I didn't realise silver fish was this salty.

Question 1) baby can eat silver fish? Dry white small fish I bought usually from hock Hua.

Question 2) in view that he has been taking silver fish since he start semi solid food. What should I do now? Should I bring him to see a doc ?

Question 3) what is the advantage of taking silver fish?

Thank you in advance

I don’t think there are any issues. We use ikan bilis powder to cook porridge for baby daily. Silver fish is not as salty as ikan bilis. I have tried silver fish too from hock hua, the quality is better then market silver fish. It’s good for bones and teeth development (Calcium). If u feel that it’s too salty, reduce the amount or soak for awhile before you put in the porridge. No need to bring ur child to the doctor if he is not feeling sick :)

Back