ANY COMMENTS ON LEARNING VISION

Dear all

I dun readlly know abt the LV at other areas.. but dun readlly have a gd impression of the teachers in LV. Of course there are nice ones, but the ones I saw I find that they are not patient enough. Guess the kinderland n cherie hearts are quite ok.. heard from friends.

Actually now the PCF is also quite ok, coz is under govt so to a certain extent they tend to be more consiuous of their behaviour.

Hi,

Does anyone have any comments or their kids still at LV@Gentle Road? I am quite concerned with the above comments made as I am looking to enrol my kid there? Any advise?

hi mummies,
any one has comments on LV at cecil? tinking on enrolling my yet to b born son at infantcare there..

Angel (anngie2406) : Any comments on Learning Vision at Vista Point (Woodlands)? I'm considering LV and Kinderland.

Hi Angel, you enrol your kid in Learning Vision at Vista Point? I just went there for a tour.

WEEMING: What chili padi case? i tried to click the link above but can't see article oredi..no longer there.

I also keen on LV grassroots, whats the horro story abt?

Hi mummies, I would appreciate any one of u could give mi some feedback on LV @ biopolis! i'm gonna send my boy to child care. Or any of u have any idea of gd CCC near dover crescent? Thx.
happy.gif

My gal joined about two months at LV @ Grassroot but basically she was absent on and off about a month due to her poor health. This has nothing to do with childcare center. However, please be prepared that your kid will easily get sick in any childcare as they won't stop your kid go into the class as along as she doesn't have fever. Meaning, if your kid got running nose, she will still allow to go in. We are still waiting for them to refund us the deposit where this has been about a month.

Personally, i'm quite disappointed with their management. my gal class was taking care by two teachers, one Malay teacher who is the form teacher and another Chinese teacher who is the assistant. The Malay teacher start work at 7am and end at 4pm and Chinse teacher start work at 9am and end at 6pm. However, the Malay teacher has ended her day early at 2pm due to personal reason but the center or teacher herself does not inform any parents. That means, from 2pm to 6pm, there is only one Chinese teacher in the class plus whichever teacher is free at the time will come over to help. The total kids in the class is about 12. We have the problem that the Chinese teacher was sick and that is even worse where do not know who are the teachers taking care of the kids after the 2pm. There is no proper communication between parents and teachers. Also, they have a book to record what your kid eat or done in the day. But we noticed that what they written is not true. Eg, they written my gal take one meal for rice serving during the lunch. As parents, we know that this is impossible to our gal as she has problem in taking rice.

We find that the Malay teacher in this toddler class is lack of passion. Instead, the Chinese teacher is much better. Unfortunatelly, the Chinese teacher is transferred to another toddler class and they have a new chinese teacher just joined the center where the way she talked to me is too official. Are we expecting too much from them? We are not paying cheap for their service if compare to other center. We just think that the center should tell the parents what's going to the class and the arrangement when any teacher is absent from work. My gal doesn't look happy everytime she comes home as we knew she must have a hard time there. Everytime i asked her whether she wants to go back to school or not, the answer is no. I asked happy or not, she said not happy. maybe my gal is not suitable the long hour there but we will try again to put her in those playgroup. If you have any good recommendation of the playgroup, please pm me at [email protected]

Thank you.

I've search all e tread related to LV. Just couldn't find any feedback on LV located at Alpha(science park) or Biopolis. Any of u read my post, if u have any comment or feedback on these 2 branch, pls kindly acknowledge mi more with ur feedbacks. Thx alot..
kao_blush.gif

hi mummies, just like crystal535, i am looking for feedback on LV at Biopolis. I rec a call yesterday to say there's vacancy for N2 for my gal next month, though i have seen the school during one of the weekends back in Nov-Dec, I would like to hear from mummies who have sent their children there
happy.gif

Hi

My gal is the student at LV @ biopolis. So far, after my gal joined them last year, she became more talkative from her quiet character and also learnt to be independent. Her Teachers are fine, always update us through email on the centre status and activities holding.

She is also more exposed to herself which I want it to becos she is always alone. I want her to mix around with other kids.

I can say I am comfortable with the centre and even enrol her to singing sessions. She loves to sing which is good for her.

That's my thots.

afew days ago i've called LV at biopolis, their class for all levels r full. Alpha is nt very convenient for me as only my hubby drive, nt me.
kao_sad.gif

We stay at Dover Crescent which i realised it's difficult to find any good child care near our hm. Afew places which i don have direct bus! Nw looking at Little Skool house at Ulu pandan CC. No choice, maybe have to tk 2 bus. Any one of u have any feedbacks there?

Hi Crystal

You can put yr gal's name in the reservation list at LV Biopolis. This centre is very popular, always full.

I also put my gal under reservation before she actually admitted to the childcare.

Hi Crystal,

Dilemmagal is rite, put your boy under waiting list first, if you can wait..my gal was on waiting list back nov/dec. they happen to have a slot now coz one of the expatriate kids is going back to their home country.

My girl was No.40 on LV Biopolis waitlist when I called up in Feb 2010. She should be joining N1 or N2 class.
Yesterday I just called up randomly to check availability of vacancy and voila, there was one. I just picked up the registration and application forms.
Intending to start my girl in Jul 2010.
I didnt know the LV Biopolis is so popular.
Is it really that good and does the curriculum prepare a child for P1?

Hi mummies,
Looking for feedback / comments on LV @ IBP (Icon) at Jurong East, appreciate it coz intend to enrol my 3 yrs old girl there. Many thanks !

To mummies of children from LV @ Biopolis, do you make use of the school bus transport?

My gal did but with my maid along (Temp for 1 mth only) in the bus to and fro coz the driver does not have a bus lady in the bus. I kinda of worried coz if my maid is not ard, she will be the last gal that is dropped at the CC @9am (the driver will send her up to school) and at 12.15 the driver will fetch her from her school and send her back home (she'll be the only one in the bus with him).

I find the driver ok, but do you think I m just over concern?? Is it normal not to have bus lady?

I like the school very much, but this transport arrangement is making me worried like mad. From 1st July, my gal shld be going and coming to/from school by herself without my maid, and thats worrying me...help

Hi rms,

did you convey your concern to the principal? I'm sure something can be worked out to reassure you and allay your concerns.

How old is your girl? Maybe you can educate her on that.

any review on LV @ MOE to share?

Crystal have you found a cc for your child? I stayed at dover crescent too

Any new updates at the Gentle Road branch?

I intended to check out the branch for playgroup when my boy turns 18 mths. But got really worried after reading the comments abt staff shortage, student withdrawal etc
sad.gif

My boy attended LV at icon last year but I had to withdraw him cos it's very ex. Generally I find the teachers there to be nice n helpful. Mostly young educators there but everyone including support staff all act like a family.

My boy is a little delayed in development but I've not received any negative feebacks fm his teacher. I also love the environment. Being a new place, it's very big, spacious & clean. Even the toilet is spacious to have 2 classes in at the same time.

hi mummies...

We've been to Changi biz pk LV. staff tat brief us r nice, as she is very detailed on exactly what's e ch curriculum is like. showed us wats e student work n stuff. No doubt abt wat e sch can teach or edu, but when we saw e year 09 toddler batch, me n hb kind of disappointing.. cos e group r quite big. abt 20+ of them, of course teachers we also abt 5 of them, but i c 2 of the teachers rather restless n she just kind of cant b bothered abt e kid crying beside him. all e 5 of them r e younger ones. n they do separate e group into 2, the not so gd in motorskills n more prone to falling, will get to go the e rm n learn things, while e others, feel free wat they wana do. my gal is 23mths. wondering if its like tat throughout all centres...? feel like sending her to little skool hse 1st then back to LV when she is n1. any experience can advice?

Heard that LV is increasing their fees again.
My kid attended LV before, i would say the curriculum is just ok, not fantastic altho their art & craft is q creative.

Hi mummies, any more feedback on LV at Grassroot? I am living in AMK near YCK MRT. Looking for a cc for my boy. Thanks. =) If you have good cc to recommend, please let me know ya!

Dear fellow mummies,
Please be careful while putting your kid in Toddler Honolulu class-which is under Teacher Barbara Nathan currently.I am not very comfortable with the way she handles the kids,so I am going to discontinue from sending my kid to Learning Vision in AMK @ Grassroots club.The best Teacher is Teacher Shirin.but her class seems to be full until the end of this year.
P

Learning Vision schools fee increased again for 2013..

Need to find alternative CC already. Every year also increased, it's getting out of hand.

my friend withdrew her son from class toddler honolulu too... my son is with class toddler barcelona now... teacher Shanthi is really good... love her to bits... but yearly will have change of teachers... so praying real hard that my son will still have teacher Shanthi as his teacher... anyway i had yet to receive any memo regarding increase of sch fee...

and had already decided if my son isn't getting teacher Shanthi as his form teacher next year... i'm switching school... doesnt like other teachers at all... they dont seems to have passion for teaching or the kids at all

Babymummy,
My son has been there since N1 so far I've no complaint except that the sch fee is v ex. The teachers are v friendly and patient. My son rejected his first sch but so far he's ok with this centre.

Beware for LV @ Changi Business Park - CBP

Extreme high teacher's turnover!
Causes child unable to settle in.
Within a year 3-4 class teacher change!

Worst case, one time my boy was made to wear skirt for passing urine in pants. (reason : school have run out of pants!)

Pls get more value for paying $1100/mth school fees but lousy value.

Please do not sent your child to LV Solaris. I am pulling my son out after 1.5months. The school is unorganized and teachers there have no passion. Teachers are often late for work, etc supposed to reach and be prepared by 9.30am..teacher slowly strolls in at 9.35am. Showing no sights of remose. Lessons which are supposed to start at 9.30am are pushed back. No proper lesson plans. Principle asked my son, 'EH! What you want?' when she saw my son on the verge of crying one fine day. Seriously, is that even proper English? If a KIDO is about to cry, is that the way to speak to him/them? Gosh..I am totally put off by them. There are many more things that occured.
Paying $1290 for such a CC? Better off putting your kido elsewhere!

My son is at LV @ changi airport for about 3 mths. I find that it is quite good. We get updates on the lesson plan for the week and maybe once a mth from the chinese teacher. My boy hasnt really settled in cc, but every morning, i can see that all the teachers, including those teaching higher levels are trying to make my boy feel better. And in his class, he has 3 teachers, which they are really good in helping new toddlers to settle down by communicating closely with parents (eg. my boy still cant really nap in cc, so when they are updating me about my boy's progress, they will chack with me hw he nap at home, and the activites that he loves to be in) which i really appreciate it.

Guess that it really dependant on the different branches and the teachers there.

Can anyone share their experience on your child's development in LV - writing, reading skills, and transition to Pri 1..?

yvet: that sounds really good. Teachers sound sincere and passionate. That's so impt when taking care of the little ones.

I am not sure if other branches are taught this way (approach?)

Hi i thinking of sending my baby to Learning Vision @ Grassroot ... any feedback about their infant care services??
Thank u

Do not put your baby at learning vision at raffles place. I'm very disappointed with the teachers at this centre. They are not caring and do things to their convenience. I withdrew my 4 month baby after 1 month. My baby was always left to sleep on the bouncer in the activity area hidden behind 2 shelves. Teachers claim that she will wake other babies up if she sleep in the cot. Teacher shook her expressed breast milk and told me afterwards my baby has a lot of wind! Babies are left to cry out. Teacher told me they do not pick up crying babies. Parents are not encouraged to visit during the day.

Back