Any comments on Geraldine Tan (Thomson Women's - Katong)

babylic

Hi everyone,

I'm considering switching to the Thomson Women's clinic in Katong as the clinic is much nearer to my home. Anyone with experience with Dr Geraldine Tan? Can help?

=)
babylic

Hi Lic,

U're welcome. I can't rem clearly.
If not wrong, her consultation is abt $50-$60. That time I do a V-scan & Pap Smear test. Total cost abt $150.

Hi Lic,

Dr. Tan is my gynae and both my hubby and I find her good. I'd been with her since I was slightly more than 6 weeks pregnant. She's been very patient and approachable. I'd recommanded my sister to see her to get ready for pregnancy. Even my very fussy brother in law thought she was good.

Her maternity package starts from week 16 at $600 for normal delivery.

Hi April,

I always visit Dr. Tan at her Katong Clinic. I am currently 20 weeks pregnant. Was thinking of delivering in TMC initially but now I am also considering East Shore as it is much nearer. Do you know anyone who's delivered there before?

Hi Chichi,
Sorry, can't help. So far, din hear any frens deliver there. TMC got. TMC shld be not bad. But I prefer Mt Alvernia.

Any tips to "impart" to me how to be successful in TTC? Been trying for 5 mths liao.

Next mth I going to see Dr Tan too. For my cyst follow up.

Hi April,

My hubby and I were trying for almost 6 months before I conceive. We almost gave up!!

Initially, my hubby wasn't keen on having baby after we got married last April. But after seeing his friends with adorable kids.. he kinda changed his mind. Hence, we stared trying beginning of this year. I actually used the ovulation calculator available on the net to calculate when were my ovulation date. Very stressful.... 'cos my hubby works on shift. Sometimes, I had to make him rush back to make baby before I rush to go to work!! There were times I got upset because my hubby was too tired to try after his night shift.... it was very unhealthy.

Fortunately, we succeeded in June!! Basically, just take things easy. Take note of your ovulation dates but don't try too hard. In case, you get more disappointed. Also, I tried this method , which my ang mo hubby thought was funny and ridiculous!! My colleagues and friends told me to lift up my legs or rest them against the wall after sex. Not sure if that really helped me in conceiving.

Anyway, GOOD LUCK and hope to hear from you soon!

Hi Chichi,

It's really stressful. Especially keeping track of O day. And very scared if nite time we are too tired to bd. And even morning, we would rather sleep more than to BD.

Last mth we took leave to go take a break at KL. But still no good news. Very upset abt it. But now, get over it already.

Do u take ur BBT?

Ya, I did lift up my legs too. I think more or less it helps.

Thanks.
happy.gif

Hey April,

Dun get upset.... I know it is almost inevitable to feel that way. I felt very dejected too when my hubby rather sleep than "work". I even cried!! However, I knew he was really stressed too. Hence, after 6 months, I decided not to pressurise ourselves. Then, I conceived!!!
I believe everything happens for a reason. Maybe, you just have to be a little more patient. And, you won't believe it. I actually tendered my resignation beofre knowing I was pregnant. Found out only 3 days after my bosses gave me 1 week to reconsider. See.... things just happened!!

Yo,
Same here leh. Sometimes though he came home late, he will still watch tv till late. So, I feel that he not interested to have bb. Then I get upset and tell myself to forget it. But sometimes I'm the one who's tired. hehe....

Wow, so happening ah? So envy. So, maybe I shld tender my resignation too? haha....
happy.gif

So, u took back ur letter?

Actually I want to quit too. Too stress at work. Today I almost flare up. But control myself. And in the end got slight headache. Too angry liao.

Gd day, April!

Looks like we should start a thread elsewhere! This forum is about Dr. Tan, isn't it? :p

Well, I did not take back my letter. I didn't think it was appropriate and I wasn't very happy working there as I didn't think there was room for me to go further for the next 2 years. Anyway, like what I said. Things happened for a reason. The 1st 3 months of my pregnancy were rather rough. Morning sickness and lots of discomfortable. Hece, I was somehow glad that I didn't have to be at work.
Luckily, my hubby is quite supportive. Though he does grumble that only if I hang on, I wouldn't have wasted my 3 months maternity leave and all the perks. Plus, when I resigned, wedidn't think a baby was coming along... Hence, my hubby has to work doubly hard now. But, well.... such is life.

Luckily, I still have some side income. I do some freelance whenever avaialble and I run a small little shop selling clothes. At least, I try not to ask my hubby for $$$ for my own expenses.

As for now, you take things easy. Dun think about bb making. Enjoy your time with your hubby. Enjoy sex not for the sake of having a bb..... things will happen. Cheers!

Morning Chichi,

Ya true.
happy.gif

What kind of freelance u doing? Oh, u have a shop? Where is it located at?

Maybe we can talk more abt Dr Tan. hehe....
She's really very good hor? Very patient. She looks so young and pretty too. Can imagine she already have 2 kids? One of them think not 1 year yet. Cos think last year when I see her, she juz pregnant.

Looking forward to see her next mth.
happy.gif

Hi there, April!

Btw, where do you see Dr. Tan at? Katong or TMC? If u see her at Katong, maybe next time we can meet there!! haha... But, I usually go on weekdays since I am not working... not so crowded.

Fyi, I am still doing manicure and pedicure for customers tho I am already more than 5 wks pregnant and I also lead tour on a freelance basis. Just came back from Korea 2 weeks ago. My shop is in the East... very near Lasalle-SIA College of Arts. If you like to see what I see... do leave me your email. I can send you the link. :)

Hi Chichi,

Yes, mostly I see her at Katong.
Normally I go on weekend.
Cos can ask hubby send me there.
Quite far for me cos I stay west area.

Oh, u're doing mani and pedi.
So, u go to their hse to do?
Maybe I want to do mani and pedi too.
For my bil wedding.

[email protected]

Hi April and Chichi,

So sorry missed all the chit chat... was away for a few days. Thanks for all your comments!

Hey April...

U live in the west area but you come all the way to Katong to see Geraldine?? Wow!! I leave near Katong and that was why we choose Geraldine Tan initially. We didn't even get any recommendation or anything. Luckily, she turned out to be good. :)

Hey Lic!

Welcome back!! So, when are you going to see Dr. Geraldine Tan?

Hi hi....

hehe.... Ya. Cos previously she was at NUH. I had my ops there. Oso no recommendation. Juz happened. Very funny, I ever question her abt how many years she in this line, how many ops she do. But she very good. She ans all w/o being unhappy. I even keep crying and crying. Cos I really scared. Then when she changed to TMC, I juz chose to follow. No point change since I comfortable with her.

Geraldine Tan is my Gynae and she is reali good and professional. My hubby is very fussy too and he likes her. She is very patient and lots of personal touch. Trust me...

Hi April....

Went to NUH for my detailed scan this morning. Total madness with the car park!!! They were all full at 10 a.m. The doc said the scan seemed okay.... but I still dunno the gender of my baby!!! My hsband doesn't want to know but I do.. Hence, the doc couldn't do anything. Now, I have to wait till we see Dr. Tan on 4 Dec. Will make my hubby leave the room so that I can ask Dr. Tan to find out for me. ;-p

hi chichi... tried to PM you but you don't accept. anyway i live ard your shop so do you think you can leave me your link to take a look and mayb get my nails done too??? [email protected].... thanks

Hi all,
I am thinking of seeing Dr Tan too at I stay at the East. However, there are not much comments about her in this forum. Appreciate those that are seeing her to share your experience and the charges. You can also PM me too. Thanks!

hi mummies,

see dr tan for my first child. In fact, just gave birth a month ago. How i decide on her was rather amusing. I looked thru this forum and found her to be relatively near. I stay in e east and am very lazy when it comes to travelling. I had 2 clinics in mind, either katong or parkway parade. When i got into the cab, e first thing that came out of my mouth was katong...so went to see her and she turned out really great. my husband likes her a lot too.

she is very warm and assuring. she is always very happy and that makes her very approachable. know of some who dun smile one and e whole atmosphere so sombre. we would always ask a lot of questions during each visit and she is never in a hurry to rush us, even when there are other patients waiting outside. very patient indeed.

on e delivery day itself, she came down very quickly to deliever me. my husband and i even asked if she even went home at all. (cos my delivery was at 6am)

Her assistant, jasmine, is also very kind and helpful. Whenever I have questions, i would call and jasmine would try her best to answer all my questions and reassure me.

would definitely go back to her again!

Hi Cindee,

Congratulation.

I agreed with you that Dr Tan is indeed very patient and happy all the time. Everytime I see her, all my worries gone.

I seeing her due to cyst, she ops for me 3 yrs ago. The 1st time I saw her, she looks so young that I even asked how many patients she ops on.

Hmm,

This thread quite 'dead' huh..

Also need advise.. any mummies who had been with her.. can advise if her waiting time long? Is her stitching good.. C-section? She doesn't do MT. Alvernia?

Thanks Elitemom.

Was with another gynae for my previous 2 pregnancies.. but the waiting time is terrible. Every visit, from the time I arrive at the clinic til I leave.. it was 2hrs minimum... on weekdays.

Also, the previous gynae is rather expensive, I think. At 36wks, I had to pay $1000 cash ( for normal delivery -1st time - but ended c-sect), then for my 2nd c-section, I had to pay $1800 cash. These are prepaid at the clinic and excluding hospital fees. I dun know if that's the norm but it seems that some of the mummies here are only paying a few hundred cash only.

Also, my consultation plus vitamins/iron tablets/folic always adds up to $100 or more per visit. Seems very expensive compared to what other mummies are paying.

Hi ladies!

Sorry for the long absence... since delivering my baby last March. I'd gone back to work in July and blablabla..... Now, I am expecting my second kid and of course, I go back to Dr. Geraldine Tan! :)

Regarding Dr. Tan's charges.. I think they are rather average amongst private practitioner... about $100 per session including scan... thereafter, if you take up her package.. it is $600 for everything except medication and test.

I had my 1st baby via C-section and I must say Dr. Tan did a very good job. Generally her stitching was not bad and I was healing well. My husband even commented that my scar looked pretty cool. Unfortunately, I developed an infection, not sure due to what reason and wasn't very disciplined when it came to applying the gel.... my scar is not a nice thing to look at now. ;-(

Yo Chichi,

Congrats.
happy.gif

I not yet have my 1st baby.....
sad.gif

Long time no see Dr Tan liao. Hope to test positive soon so that can go see her again. hehe....

How many mths u in now?

Hi April!!

Thank you. I am almost 5 mths now.
Don't give up trying but also dun pressurise yourself. My husband and I tried for a while too for our 1st kid. I must say the second one came a little easier. ;-)

We are going to see Dr. Tan next Monday after our detailed scan at NUH. Hopefully, we get to find out the sex of our baby then. :)

Dr. Tan does not do certain scans and tests.. have to go to either TMC or NUH. TMC is already fully booked this whole month.

Honestly, I have no preference. Either boy or girl will be good becos a girl will be a good companion for my daughter and a boy will also be nice as we intend to stop at 2. :)

Btw, April, do you live in the East? That's why Dr. Tan?

Chichi,

I stays in the West. hehe....
previously she's with NUH.
But after that she setup her own clinic in the East. I like to see her so juz go wif her.
happy.gif

Hi, I just did a laparoscopy to remove a couple of cysts in my ovaries. She did such a wonderful job. The stitches were so neat and they healed so fast. I also like the fact that she's gentle and always so cheery. I think she has genuine concern for her patients too. She came twice after the surgery to check on me and addressed all our worries too. I've only been with her since March but so far she has been really really wonderful. Even my very difficult husband and dad were impressed! I especially like the fact that she asked my husband for his name on our first visit and remembered his name! She always ask him if he has any questions too. Some gynae treat the husbands like they are invisible!

Now I'm trying to conceive but she has advised me to try naturally first.

<font color="ff0099">Thomson Women's Clinic (Katong)

146 East Coast Road S(428835)
Tel: 6345 1439</font>

Pls note that the clinic is open for half day (until 1-2pm) on Fridays and Saturdays. Closed on Sundays.

Will be good to call in advance and make appt to avoid long wait.
happy.gif

Dr Tan is my gynae for my #1 and now my #2. Basically everytime I get pregnant, she's the first one I see. My labor didn't proceed well for #1, and I opted for emergency C-sec. Now with #2, I'm attempting a VBAC and Dr Tan has been nothing but supportive. I am currently 38wks 5 days, and sometimes the pregnancy really takes a toll on me. When I complain to Dr Tan during my checkups, she'll always be very supportive and encourage me to tahan a bit more a bit more. But she's not pro-natural until she becomes pushy. It's a very good balance of respecting what the patient wants and yet still being professional at the same time.

I'd always highly recommend her to anyone who asks!

yeah.. thumbs up for dr geraldine tan.

i gave birth to my #1 four month ago, she was my gynae...she is assuring and caring.

Just call the clinic and check.... It is one of the clinics that she delivers at but not her 1st choice.

she delivered my 1st boy in Jan 2010...
v patient and nice gynae... pop by TMC afew times before my boy finally wants to come out...
v pro natural delivery and breastfeeding...
happy.gif

Back