Any comments on Catholic Kindergarten,Kovan

Sending my 2 yr old son for pre-nursery next year so can't say much. However I do like the environment. Hv bought my son for orientation and seems he like the place. They have a big compound with slides & stuff.

Hv u register your children?

Hi mommies,

I would like to know more about this kindergarten.

I will greatly appreciate that parents who have kids in this kindergarten give your feedbacks on on it.

Thanks in advance.

my son is in playgroup in Catholic Kindergarten & I think it is a great place with great teachers & principal. The big playground is something my son really enjoys & he tells me bed-time story of him playing on it. I feel that they also engage the parents quite well: there's parents-teachers meeting & Sports Day that you get to see your child in action & for parents to participate. The principal is very hands-on & even knows my son & his idiosyncrasies; the teachers were very encouraging in getting me to send my son to school without diapers even though I told them that he's not quite ready & still wet his briefs at times. They assured me that that's ok & they'll just help to clean him up & for me to just leave 2-3 extra pieces of briefs. After 3 accidents in school over a course of 2 weeks (plus several weekends of home training prior to that of course), he now has no need for diapers! Kudos to the teachers; I strongly believe that if it is not for them, it would probably take me much longer to enforce the "no-diaper" rule for him.

... & forgot to mention that if u're a Catholic, the environment is a bonus as my son is now able to recite a great part of 2-3 common prayers.

Hi anna_tlsh,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I had registered my gals in Catholic kindergarten for next year. I really like the place as I see the children are playing happily and I'm enjoying it too.

I would hope that my gals have a fun childhood and not just acdaemics only and I hope that my decision that I made will be good for them.

Really appreciate that parents over here can give more feedbacks on this school.

I even saw a girl crying after school. She refuses to leave her teacher. This shows the staff there are caring and loving.

Hi All, so glad to see all the positive feedbacks in this forum as my son will also be attending pre-nursery in Catholic Kindergarten next yr and he is in 10 am class. Have been trying to search for feedbacks online on this sch but to no avail.

Hi blue blue,

My gal is in 10am session.
My gal is still in pull-up pants, she refused toilet trained...
sad.gif

Have to prepare a few new pull-up pants inside her school bag....

so gracious wife and hao's children might be classmates
happy.gif

My son still in pull-up pants, Gracious Wife.

Can check what kind of white shoes do all of u get for your children? Any good recommendations? those that are comfy and non-slip?

Hi Hao,
Mayb our children are classmates next yr, my gal is attending Daisy B, how abt ur boy ? will u be bringing him to school on the first day ?

I give my gals wears nike sport white shoes. it is cheap in queenway. you may go then and look for it.

Coz they wear it for the whole 3 hours so i feel that it is good to let them wear a good shoes.

thanks Jande!

I hope to find one that would be comfy. Would go there and take a look. My son feet sweats easily.

The only concern I am having is that the classrooms would be very warm as they are non-aircon. Not sure the children can fully concentrate or not.

Hi Gracious Wife, i only remember Daisy but cannot remember if it is A or B. Unfortunately i cannot make it on his 1st day, my hubby will be going, i hope things will be turn out fine. Previously my son attended weekend play group and cried for 1 term before he got used to class.

my son attended their playgroup this year and i really like the school very much. my son will talk abt his teachers and frens all the time ...

they also played a big part is helping my son to be toilet trained =)

too bad i need to change my son to a child care cos my #2 is coming in march next yr, otherwise i would love to have him stay in the kindergarten.

hello
i myself was a student of Catholic Kindergarten. I loved it and I still keep in contact with my teacher who is still taching there! If I din live so darn far away I would stick my girl there!!!

can check are they very strict abt white shoes? do u think single blue stripe at the side can or not? I have checked out at Clementi.

Seems to me the nike white shoes for boys not very comfortable. The materials and sole like very hard.
There is one Puma shoes which material is quite soft. I think much more comfortable. Unfortunately they got a blue stripe on the side.

I hope they allow this.

Hi anybody knows if the school has anymore sales of uniform session in Dec? i tried to call the school but nobody pick up the phone, thought they should be working during the holidays.

hao,
I think they might be closed for the dec holidays. You may try calling them again during the last week of dec.

I enrolled my son to Catholic Kindy Nursery next year. He will be in Jasmine A.

Hi Java,

I had enrolled my kid too. She will be in Sunflower A

We will have a chance to see each other on the 1st day of school.

Hi blueblue, i manage to get the sch adminstrator this morning and asked her if it is fine for the shoe logo to be in another color, she said that it is fine.

FYI,the sch will open from 9 Dec onwards from 930-230 incase any mummies wish to enquire or need to buy uniforms

Can someone give me the actual address for Catholic Kindy, Kovan please? Would like to find out more. TQ.

Can someone give me the actual address for Catholic Kindy, Kovan please? Would like to find out more. TQ.

Hi,
Hd 2sets girls' uniforms & 4sets PE attire...not sure isit for PE - white tshirt & blue short...

My frenz passed to me cos initially want to put my girls there but ended up in another school...

Any1 keen...

Hi Jane,

Sorry not able to come in to this thread earlier...
Great ! What is your son's name ? My gal's name is Sophia..
Are you there during the first 2 days ? maybe we met each other :p
This week my gal is sick, hence still not back to school yet, cough n flu =(

Hi Jane & Gracious Wife, i am Zhen Hao's mother. Have not been to sch hence no chance to meet you all in person. Nice to know you all from this thread.

hello hello!

if any1 wants a small pants (for boys); do let me know.. can give away... (i tink its e smallest size) used for PRE-N.

my son cant wear last yr PE shorts & pants..

PM me...

Hi,

Hope I'm not too late to enrol him to Catholic Kindergarden, will call and check. Just to check is there a website?

Hi hi...

My son is in Catholic Kindergarten K1 this year and have just registered my daughter in their pre-nursery 2010. anyone registered their kid for pre-nursery 2010 8am session? hope to see you there. Though i've not found someone reliable to look after my 2kids at home next year, my hubby insist i send my daughter(currently in childcare) there 'cos he likes the environment and the teachers. Both my nieces graduated there as well....our family's "must-go" kindergarten. haha...:D

<font color="ff6000">Hi,

Just register my boy for N1 this year, but sad that no school bus going back to my location(AMK) for 8am class. Do any mummies know other bus operator acutally going back to AMK? Thanks</font>

The price for pre-nursery has gone up for 2010 it seems.

My intention at first is to let my son go to pre-nursery this year and proceed to St Anne kindergarten next year for nursery. (St Annne kindergarten do not offer pre-nursery)

However I changed my mind and let him continue there as he would be used to the environment.

Heard that St Anne's programme is good but not sure abt Catholic kindergarten. For mummies whose child has studied at Catholic kindergarten, does yr child hv any difficulties when preparing for Primary 1?

Lourdeslow, I think the school fare would be high esp u live in AMK. Am curious, what makes u choose Catholic kindergarten?

Hi Lynn,

My gal is also studying in Catholic Kindergarten, K1. Which class is your son attending? Is he attending the morning session too? Maybe they are classmates.

Hi blueblue,

I heard that Catholic Kindergarden is good. So I put him there, but at first I enrol him in the 12pm class, cos 8am no more slot, but i did monitor my boy at this time, he always very sleepy and throwing his temper, so I ask the teacher for help to squeeze him in the 8am class but din know that there is no school bus for him. sigh...........

ic. No wonder u put him there although u live in AMK. Are u saying yr son is studying pre-nursery now for the 12pm class? Which class he is in right now?

My son is now in pre-nursery attending 12pm class. I wanted to change him to early slot (8am). They told me they do hv vacancies but I thought since he already got used to his friends I just let it be. The teacher/student ratio is also lower so my child can get much attention in class.

Means you hv to fetch him to school if no school bus? quite troublesome.

wow..going to start school soon..hv u solve yr problem? I hope my son won't start to cry next monday after 1 week of school holiday.

Anyone knows how's the HFMD at school? is it prevelent? coz my son kena HFMD. Most probably from school.

Back