Any comment on Dr Yvonne Chan??

irene06

anyone here see dr Yvonne Chan for their pregnancy? How is she? Is she pro-breastfeeding and natural birth?
Care to share with me how much is the package and delivery charges too? Thanks

Irene,

I'm currently 26 wks pregnant and seeing Dr Chan. She is friendly and not wishy-washy...gets straight to the point type. She explains the various tests I have to take and explain the results to me.

As to whether she's pro breastfeeding, I'm not sure. She's an OBGYN and I think breastfeeding is not her area...that's more paediatrics?

And about natural childbirth, I don't know her leanings but I've had friends whom she helped deliver naturally and by C-section. Usually, doctors' decision on such things depends on the day you go into labour and from your situation and baby's condition, they will make the decision to do it naturally or perform a C-section on you.

As for the package, I have forgotten...kept the info paper somewhere but I recall paying $600 which includes consultation, scans (and some other stuff I've forgotten)and the package starts at 16 weeks.

Delivery charges, you can check out TMC website.

Sorry...I forgot to add that the $600 I paid was the amount I paid first for her entire package. I can't remember the remainder of it that I have to pay later when I settle the bill after delivery.

I have another appt in 2 weeks' time. If I remember, I'll ask for the info paper from the receptionist.

Is Yvonne Soong and Yvonne Chan the same person? I cannot find Dr. Yvoone Chan's name in eAppointment at TMC website.

Hi 26sky26, Dr Chan has her own direct line. You can call TMC main line for her clinic no.

Thanks Elixir
happy.gif

Hi Irene,

Don't know if you've already found out Dr Chan's package and delivery charges but I found my info paper and here they are:

Antenatal package: $600

Delivery fees (Normal), Package: $800
Delivery fees (Normal), Non-package: $1000

Delivery fees (Assisted Forceps/Vacuum), pckg: $1000
Delivery fees (non-pckg): $1200

Delivery fees (C-Section), pckg: $1500
Delivery fees (non-pckg): $1700

Delivery fees does NOT include doctor's daily hospital visits.

I hope this info this helpful.

Hi venus_babe, Dr Chan charge me abt $120 for my first consultion, the antenatal package is $600. Will she deduct the $120 from $600 if i take up the package?

Hi caixin,

I don't think so. Her antenatal package starts from 16th week onwards. But keep all your receipts. After you deliver and your hubby settle all the bills, can use Medisave to reimburse a portion of the receipts you've collected.

Hi Caixin,

I'm not very sure about that. But if you know people who've been to the other Drs at TMC, maybe you can do a comparison. I have a feeling she may not be the most ex. But I may be wrong.

Good luck!

I delivered my boy with Dr Chan last mth. find her very good, she doesn't rush through the checkup n gives us assurance that bb is ok even though we've done a thorough check before. during my detail scan, we saw my bb seemed to hv cleft lip. she sent me for a 2nd opinion ASAP. She even seek help from a friend from another hospital so that we can know the result soon as TMC is fully booked. Although the scan at KK showed that my bb is ok, Dr Chan insisted on checking the lips again & again when we went to her for follow ups to assure us that our bb is ok. She can understand the anxiety of parents.

d woof
didn't really calculate how much we spent. we signed up a package ($600) with her around my 5th mth. The package include consultations n scanning, but exclude medicine n emergency consultantion. She doesn't have any night clinic. We'll go to TMC 24hr clinic if needed n they'll see if it's necessary to ask her to come down. usually they check first n tell the Doc the condition n the doc will decide if it's necessary for her to come down. for my case, it's usually false alarm so just check n can go home.

Hi

Is this Dr Chan the friendly type of doctor?

I am looking ard for a gynae and my friend recommended her. Haven't made appt yet...

she's very nice.. she may be a little quiet at first but she never rushes through consultations and when she warms up,she can be pretty kooky
happy.gif
she's a great gynae and my mom and sis are with her too.

Thanks, Catz.

Not sure what mean by kooky but sound friendly!
happy.gif

I read from other forum that she is very good but not motherly type and quite fierce. I scared.

Now come here see so many tread about so many doctor. Quite confused already.

Hi Jean,

Yes, she's friendly once she warms up lah...and she's got years of experience behind her..don't be fooled by how youthful she looks. No lah, she's fierce to the husbands 'cos she's very protective of the mummies and babies
happy.gif
Anyway, just see how you feel about her. For doctors, you need to be 100% comfortable lor.

Ok Catz, I make appointment first than see how. You see Dr Chan long time already?

She dilivery that time natural birth or oporation also good?

yeah i've been seeing her since I was 16 for irregular menses... that's like 11 years ago.. when she was senior consultant at KKH. I delivered via natural birth and her stitching was very good - fully healed within 3-4 days without pain and scarring. Heard that her c-section skills are very good too - neat stitching.

my next appt with dr chan is next monday... what about you? Hee
happy.gif

Haven't make appointment yet.
happy.gif
Still thinking. Definitely want to give birth in TMC.

Wah, she 11 years ago already senior consultant ah? How old is she?

She have her own baby? Hubby say if doctor ownself got baby better. Then she got first hand exp!

Yah I also knew that I wanted to give birth in TMC and I really thank God that I did! The nurses and lactation consultants were the best!!! Got my breastfeeding off to a good start. Hubby was rooming in with me and he also felt sad to leave 'cos he was well taken care of and well-fed
happy.gif

Dr Chan is definitely 40+ but looks early 30s.. very experienced as she trained under the best at KK. She's not married though but lots of good gynaes e.g. WK Tan are also single women.

i am also with Dr Chan...and i must say i like her a lot too!

i agree she needs a little warming up but after that, she really has a cute sense of humour. she is also very patient in answering questions and extremely knowledgeable. feel safe to be in her hands.

She's responsive.. before my EDD, I thought my baby stopped kicking so I rushed down to TMC and they paged for her ASAP. But before she could come, my silly boy started to kick like crazy so no danger, false alarm. *phew* The next morning, I went down and saw her at 8.30am and to be safe, she decided to induce me.

Wah pregnancy very exciting hor? Happy for you, Catz, that it turn out ok. How old is yr boy now? You expecting again ah?

As you say, most important thg is must be comfortable with doctor. Talk about skill I think all senior doctor abt same lah. All got degree from singapore. All got training in KKH...

hi catz, why did ur gynae decided to induce u and not wait a while more?

btw, do u page for ur gynae directly or must call hosp then hosp will page for her?

Hi Jean, yes I'm actually expecting again
happy.gif
My boy's already 18 months and quite a handful
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

edksd, she did a scan and she saw the placenta was deteriorating.. she did not rush me to induce but said that I had to have baby within the next 4 days.. after that horrible scare, we decided to quickly induce. hospital will page for her.. just head straight to the 24hr clinic and they will know what to do.

hi

i just delivered my no2 by Dr Chan

i like her alot and she is a caring doc. i had a c-sec and her stitch is super neat and good compared to my 1st c-sec by another gyane..sort of regretted that i din go to her when i preggy my no1.

i tot Dr Chan is married wif kids..now i know she is a single. she look young to me. will go back to her for future check-ups.

true.. heard her c-section stitching skills were solid. already, her episiotomy stitching skills were very good lor
happy.gif

hi,

i am oso a patient of Dr Chan. My baby is currently 8 weeks old only. I am intending to go US with my hubby in end sept for 3 mths. However, i am anxious to noe when the tests (such as test for abnormality etc) will be done, so tt i can plan my trip properly.

do you noe when the tests will be done? will they all be done together, or at different stages of the pregnancy?

someone pls advise! tks a million!

Hi all. The antenatal package is $700 excluding gst now. Jus wondering how much do we need to pay for the vitamins for each visit, as the package exclude antenatal vitamins.

Does anyone knows if Dr Yvoone Chan have a clinic beside Thomson Medical Centre or any good female gynae around the west are?

whiterose, only at TMC and she only delivers at TMC. Sorry can't advise you on west area.

firstbaby, depends on whether you want to buy her vitamins or not.. she never forces ppl to buy.
happy.gif

First time mummy, would like to know:
When can we start the package?
How much is the package?
Does she upgrade mummies from 4 bedder to 2 bedder?
Anyone with her can share the cost of normal delivery w/o epidural?
How's her stitching?
Sorrie for asking many questions.....I am new and do not know much about gynae...should find out more before preg....
happy.gif

Blueblue,

Dunno if u managed to get the answer from anyone else. I was with Dr Chan (delivered in July).
- usually start package from 16 wks onwards when the pregnancy is stable
- my package was $700 (signed in Feb06)
- Upgrading of beds is under purview of TMC, not the Gynae. So u will hv to check with hospital. Her nurses will ask u and do the initial liaison for u.
- can't recall (definitely <1K) but epidural cost is paid separately to the anaesthetist (not to her).
- excellent stitching. When i was still in hospital, the nurse was helping me to check on episiotomy wound and she commented " wah, Dr Chan stitch until so neat"

JHmum1

yes she does. i underwent surgery for ovarian cyst with her some years ago and she is very good. i think there were complications during surgery so she had to do an open surgery instd of the intended laproscopy, but the cut was very clean and neat. best of all, the cyst has not recurred.

Hi,

Is her clinic in TMC only or she has a clnic outside as well? I am thinking of having a checkup

babycupid

her clinic is at TMC only. She's really good.. i had my first child with her and expecting my second one now with her also...

Back