Any comment on Dr. Adrian B Woodworth from Thomson Women Clinic

hi winnie

i think cordlife are the only one which achieve certain requirement, cant remember already.

you want to go to their website.

saw dat u are in sept 08 thread as well....we have quite a lot of similarities....im almost same time wif u as well....meaning oso ard 5 weeks.....=) veri worried abt my spotting....=(

Silverfit, I remember!!! I still remember your blue & black gown right? hee... Yah seldom go multiply now... hee... I got married in May 2007 what about you?

Wow, you are 4-5weeks preggy!! Congrats!! Where are you seeing Dr Woody? I am seeing him at CCK.. Really glad to see you here!

Yah me too worried about my spotting, just saw Doctor this morning, Thanks God still can see baby's heartbeat!! But still have brown spotting now even though have increase hormone tablets dosage...

storeberry...realli a coincidence...actualli i shd b preggy b4 AD which is juz 2 weeks ago - 02 jan 08.....=)

thanks...congrats to u too...we are almost same time...last sat too kan cheong rush to SK to see him but will be coming back to cck....we are waiting veri anxiously to see our bb heartbeat...hopefully tis sat....=D

Hi all,

I am a first time mother-to-be. Can I know when you make arrangement to book the hospital? And do u get admitted to the hospital on your EDD or wait till you have contractions?

ah xue, for me, i had already decided to deliver at TMC where my gynae is, so they gave me a form to register. Or u may check with the front office staff at the hospital. usually u only need to book during your last few appts... if the category u wan is full, u might just get a free upgrade. =P

you hv to wait till you feel the contraction or pain/cramps b4 u wanna call your gynae and describe your discomfort to him/her. gynae will advise if u need to come and see him/her. no need to go straight to hopsital whenever u feel discomfort, coz tat's usually very normal at the last few weeks.

even when i had spotting at my last week, the nurse advised me not to go to hospital. coz no pain no contraction, tat means bb is NOT ready. if u wanna go down, tat means you're giving a chance to the gynae to do a V-check(tat's induction!).

so the golden rule is, no pain, no blood = NO ACTION! heee.... trust your body to give the right signal, no need to guess if the time is here or not... i noe alot first time moms dunno wat is contraction, wat is the right thing to do, if your decision is right or will it harm the bb...etc.

all DA best!!! =)

Hi leobbsmom thanks so much for the advice!

I asked my gynae during my last visit and he asked me to check with the nurse at the clinic. She told me that she would update me on my next visit.

But since I do not know when I will be giving birth, I have no idea how she will go about booking the hosptial.. And also if the baby's position allows me to go through normal delivery.I be delivering at TMC too.

You cleared my doubts and u r so right i am wondering how does contraction feel.. keke

Hi mummies

Long time din come to tis thread liao.

Storeberry, piyobaby,

For spotting, jus need plenty of rest & take the hormone tablets. There is really nothing much u can do other than rest. I know it is worrying cos I got spotting for the whole of 1st trimester. Dr forbid me to get out of the house other than seeing him. After 1st trimester, things should be fine. My boy is now almost 2 yrs.

Thanks athen! Yah I am worried about walking too much, too fast. And things don't dare to carry also.. I am also worried when I working will strain myself, hopfully the spotting will go away soon. Mine still have little bit of spotting.

thanks athen for ur advise....it's indeed nerve wrecking.....im so worried & upset during my 2nd visit cos via v scan can hardly detect heartbeat...burst out in tears suddenli which caught hubby by surprise....poor hubby muz b scared...=)

storeberry....same here...yest despite the fact dat i stayed at home & lie on the bed almost the whole day...im still having discharge with fresh blood which got mi all upset again.....

Hi mothers who had given birth in TMC, may I know what I am supposed to bring during the hosptial stay?

I read somewhere that we are required to bring our own pyjamas.

Can anyone advise me on things that we are required to bring? This is my first time so I am pretty blur.

Thanks a lot!

Hi piyobaby, storeberry

Keep yourself occupied when resting so that ur mind won't be thinking abt the spotting. Listen to Dr's advise. I know very difficult. But for bb's sake, must try lor. Take care.

Ah xue,

Yes need to bring own pyjamas with front opening so that easy to BF. Also need to bring nursing bra, sanitary pad, clothes to wear when going home, disposable underwear, toiletories if don't want to use those provided by TMC. I can't remember anything else cos I gave birth at TMC almost 2 yrs ago. Other mummies who gave birth recently may be able to help.

hi mummies,

long time never log in. been bz working, taking care bb, n pumping.. but smtms till 12hrs cannot pump.. BM now dryin up... sob sob... haiz...

bb dun wanna latch on since i started working. he still wanna latch on actually but always get choke on his 3rd sucking. tried few times, always get choke.. then he frustated n cried...

now everytime i offer my breast, he seems happy but when he about to suck he starts cryin sadly... makes me so sad as well... my poor little guy.. cant latch on when he wants.. he must b stress oso i guess..

re: electric pump.
i currently using avent, but then i find that the manual pump out the BM better.. the electric one isnt strong enough..
wanna to try medela.. but seems my BM s dryin up.. so dun dare to buy.. end up using the manual pump...

Dear EU,
It would be difficult to make him latch on again after ao long cos the flow would be slower compared to the bottle - He woould definately be frustrated ualso U will have little milk by then, unless u perservere ..........not discouragin U but most mothers cant bear to see their little cry so much, also with pumping it will dry up eventually - take care Nurse Bernie
happy.gif

Eufrasia,

If u r doing ok with avent manual pump, no need to get Medela. Personnally I prefer Avent elect pump as can adjust the pumping rymthm to suit me. Also Medela mini elect pump until bleed & noisy too unless u r getting PIS. As long as you pump regularly (Every 3 - 4 hrs) u should be able to maintain supply. Must empty the breast every time u pump. Very difficult lor esp if working. When my BM decrease, I pump every 2 hrs. It takes a few days for the supply to re-establish. I used to BF by pumping for 1 yr. Jia you.

i will be c-sect this fri... normally hw long will the wound recover??? dr woody stitches good???

i only prepare 2 sets of PJ. u all think enuff??

cheryl

C-sect usually stay 4 days 3 nites.If u need to change everyday, then not enuff.

How long the wound takes to recover depends on individual. The outer wound may recover quite fast but the internal wound may take a longer time. It took me 2 - 3 mths to not to feel any sore.

His stitches is quite neat.

BTW why C sect?

Athen..

tks for sharing your experience with me..
i want my baby direct breastfed.. he's smtms very fussy and cranky till i dun have time to pump in 12hrs.. and it hurts me..

yup.. i'll try harder.. will try to pump every 2hrs.. hopefully i can do that..
and ya lor.. it's v difficult to pump if working.. it would be v troublesome to pump every 3-4hrs in the office.. nid to bring the sterilizer and friends...

tks athen.. knowing that you can BF by pumping till 1 yr.. it gives me hope.. i almost give up.. i really hope can BF DS for at least 6mths...

it's really troublesome to use manual pump. i tired out my hands... well.. gotta try harder then.. for my DS' sake...

take care

Hi Bernie,

i used to bottlefed my baby 2 - 3 times a day.. he still wanna latch on.. but after 1 wk i started working.. he then refuse my breast..

yes.. it hurts me to see DS cry.. last time he crying out loud coz he dun wan my breast.. but now.. he cried sadly.. i think he wants to latch on but he knows that he will get choke...
my dear little guy..

dear mummies,

does anyone know how to get baby back to our breast..

tks..
desperate mummy..
(hmm.. my mum told me not to think too much abt this.. coz can decrease my BM supply.. but i can't help... arr...)

hey mummies....anybody can share the approximate hospital bill size for TMC & MAH....wat is the claim allowable by Medisave cos the example given in MOH website is a little confusing...thanks....

thanks icebaby....isit reflected in their website?? cos i notice the package but not the amount claimable...will take a closer look again....=)

hey mummies....my spotting stopped for 3 days b4 returning wif real bad spotting today =( ....called dr woody and he advised to see him tomoro morning....crossing our fingers we can see bb's heartbeat tomoro....=)

Hihi..

beri long never logged in coz my son was sick....

Evon,
Can..
Actually everything eat in moderation lor,too much of everything also no good..just try to avoid those raw & cold food if you dun feel comfortable eating...

For me,I even ate sashimi during both my pregnancies...

eunice...hope dat ur son is ok now....flu bug on the loose...myself was plagued wif blocked nose for almost one week le.....

hey evon... u seeing dr adrain in cck or sk?

Hi Eunice...

Thkd for the info...

Hi Piyobaby...

I m seeing him at cck. U? When id ur EDD? MIne is early jul. Now u alrdy how many mths? Kw the gender alrdy?

Hi Evon,

I think so long as ur hub and u are comfortable with it, it shd be ok. My 1st Gynae ( I went to KKH )told me before that it is healthy for a couple in a marriage to still have sex despite being pregnant.

The only thing is as your tummy gets bigger, it kind of gets in the way.. keke..

You also seeing Dr Adrian at CCK? Me too..

evon....mi seeing him at cck too....have not been advised on EDD as yet cos im into 6weeks now...=D

if u dun have any complications such as spotting & cramps....should be alrite to have intercourse but do take care not to place too much pressue on ur tummy.....=)

Hi Mummies,
So long din followup on this forum liao..:)
My bb arrived on 18 Jan via c section-GA. My edd was on 17 Jan, so choose to induce on 17 jan. Induction failed. just 1cm dilated so choose GA.
Now doing confinement.Also pump and pump and pump...
Realised that my lochia has almost stopped, today only abt 8 days.. Any mummies had lochia just for 8 days?? seems so short..thot a mth??
Thanks in advance!!

Hi Evon, I am in my 7 weeks, also seeing Dr Woody at CCK... As I am spotting, DR say no intercourse leh... So anyone knows when can start having sxx? I read from some webby, they say 2nd trimester onwards...

storeberry..

Actually,you can have intercourse anytime during pregnancy,except if you are spotting or having a low laying pancenta,of which it's better to avoid(esp during the 1st & last trimester)...but think most accurate is to check with gynae lor..

hi avocado,

The package I took up with him does not include calcium. The Fish oil cost $30 which can last for a month.

Back