Alot of Users posting their businesses in YOUR FORUM

Hi Boey,

In general, we noticed that users whose first postings are related to sales items are usually a business thread. So the new condition is for us to weed these threads out easier. We don't have to investigate and make sure that these threads are business threads. Now, once it does not meet the minimum posting criteria, it'll be removed.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Chin Leng,

I am shocked to learn that the fee has been revised from $10 to $20 within just 2 days. And this hasnt been implemented yet and has been revised? Why so?

This is rather disappointing. To pay $20 for a period of 7 days, considering some local business who are just starting out, they may not even have made a profit after 7 days...

Would you pls reconsider this.

Hi Mystique,

The original intention was to set a price that is affordable to genuine users here so that they can continue to start their threads in the marketplace and exchange corner. Since now we are no longer charging the non-business users, we have revised upwards as we feel that businesses should be able to afford the new pricing. Please understand that, regardless the pricing we set, there will be businesses that would feel our price is not competitive. However, please note that we can't cater to everyone's requirements. As this change is made only recently, if you sign-up by this week, we'll still offer the original price to you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

CL,
Also another suggestion: for the Marketplace threads, can we view (or given the option to veiw) the threads that is latest updated in the top line. in this way, i dun have to scroll alot to see the latest posts. now, i find having to go thru the entire threads just to see what's been updated and what's not....which is pretty tedious....thanks

Hi Suelee,

For Marketplace threads, all along the latest threads will automatically move to the top.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Yes, i see now that the Marketplace threads are organized per what you say.....i may have seen it wrongly before, thanks.

Hi Chin Leng
Think you did not update the cost of $20 inside the page for Marketplace & Exchange Corner (For Business), it is stated as $10.

Hi Chin Leng,

Can add another Marketplace and Exchange Corner for want to buy? I do have some bb items to buy but I don't know where to post my thread.

Also, I saw mummies posting their WTB under WTS & Items to give away. It seems a bit diffcult to keep track.

Please help. Thks.

hi Chin Leng
wanted to clarify with you if i am selling BN stuff here and not doing business, e.g.gifts from friends/relatives, do i need to pay the fee?

Hi Chin Leng,

U mentioned that only members with a minimum of 100 postings(in other sections) are allowed to start a thread at the Marketplace & Exchange Corner: Bulk Purchase and Spree. May I know how to check if I qualify in that? Cos I have a 2ndBP on educational Products going on...still waiting for confirmation details. Can you move this thread to the BP and Spree section?

I simply love this forum cos I make many friends from here, get to buy good stuff in the spree (though din join many), sell away my unwanted used stuffs esp. kids' cloths, advise from friends...and many many more. I think I'm addicted to it oredi, must log in everyday leh..

Hi Chin Leng,
Do you think new members will try to post more during this period in every/other thread by posting comments just to 'clock' the 100 number of post to post in the Bulk Purchase and Spree thread?

Hi Ching Leng,
In order not to let people flood the thread, maybe you can limit one person can start one thread per x days.... not sure whether the system have the mechanism to check for this... just a suggestion.

I second Mary's idea of "WTB" category cos actually I am looking for some babies stuff, but not too sure where I can post it...

I'm actually looking for a pair of 'wet' shoes for my girl. Fila has it but not for small girls. Would be great if there is a 'WTB' category.

I agree with 'WTB' category too...seems all postings kind of mixed up liao, dun know where to post...very confused.

Hi J'sMum,

You have more than 900 messages. Of course you qualify.
kao_biggrin.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Hi Cathy,

We'll be monitoring the progress with the implementation of the new policy.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Hi Case,

Actually, I think even if the system can check, enterprising users will just register more account and 'break' the rule.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Hi appreciate that everyone is contributing to regulating the Marketplace...but with so many rules and regulations, dont you think it will dampen the vibrancy of the forum? People lurve the Marketplace precisely because it is (was now) so diverse...ie. you can discuss issues, get advice, buy/sell, BP/spree...etc. But now you got to hv min. 100 postings. The forum will no longer be the same...

Yes, the forum is no longer the same.... More organised now!

Don't see as many business advertising or gathering orders.Most are long-time members trying to get rid of their unwanted stuff.

I like the way it its now!
happy.gif

Chubbychub,
The forum has rules and regulations because of too much online biz and orders for items. When I first joined this forum at the recommendation of my friend, it was clear-cut - chit chat, advice, spree & buy/sell unwanted stuff. Like what Van mentioned, it is more organized now.

It does seem confusing at first. But slowly you will realize that it's much better and not so much clutter.

kao_cheers.gif

Hi Chin Leng,

Thanks, then is it ok to help me move my thread http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/show.cgi?270192/437964 over to the 'Marketplace & Exchange Corner: Bulk Purchase and Spree' ? Cos I have not completed the spree yet n waiting for pymt n shipment details. Would be easier to view there rather than by email.

Also, thank you for your effort in making this forum more organised now. Not so many on business oriented listings oredi...
kao_clap.gif

I am glad the administrators have listened to the board and had made postive adjustments to posting requirements.

While I can understand why the moderators may want to impose the 'minimum 100 postings' requirement on users who want to sell or start a spree or BP, I fail to see why this stipulation has been extended to the Want to Buy topics. I don't see how any supplier would want to start such threads, unless they are running a second hand business, perhaps.

As you can see, I have a long way to go before I can before I reach the mystical 100 figure. Nonetheless, I do from time to time seek to buy stuff and would welcome recommendations from the other users. My two cents worth.

Hi Teta,
I have been here for quite a while. The 'Want to Buy' topic is great for regulars like myself. For eg to buy items for my kids at a cheaper price like to try a new brand of diapers.
happy.gif

Hi Teta,

Haha! Thanks for pointing it out. Actually I made a mistake. I copied the wrong message that stated the '100 postings' requirement. Yes, you are right, for users who want to buy, it is not necessary for the requirement. I've made the necessary adjustments.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Thanks, Chin Leng, I'm very impressed with your quick response and for responding to our feedback. I've noticed mums getting around that problem by posting their Want to Buy threads in the open for all Want to Give section.

Chin Leng,
Now that you have created a 'Want to Buy' section, it's frustrating to see these threads still posted in wrong topic. Hope you can help move them all to the correct section.

Rather than CL spending the time/effort to move all threads to the right category (which can be a never ending task), perhaps an education process is more effective for the long run....e.g. CL can post in the thread (plus send PM in case the member missed the message) to remind such members to post in the right category so as to avoid "blah blah blah" (can be standardized messages). For those who consistently ignored such messages, well perhaps then their account deserved to be suspended....

aa,
So you think she is trying to kill two birds with one stone.Meet 100 posts by posting her nanny business everywhere?

Did notice she and some other new member are "digging" out old threads to make 1-line post.

Chin Leng,
How would you deal with such person?

Regards.

I believe a mummy here also brought up this issue of people trying to post as many as possible to meet the min posts. Looks like we are seeing one example now.

haha.. strongly agreed with Janet.. think they need to be educated.. is very frustrating when seeing the same post .. from the same user.. everywhere...They are "flooding" the forum..

Chin Leng, maybe u need to revise the rules again.... for these user..

Jessie,
was actually puzzled why made replies to inactive threads, but when see her promoting her biz, confirmed i'm rite!

do u feel that these few days, the market place thread was 'flooded' with a lot of new posts. found it quite hard to read.
Or izit possible to just show the headings and hide all replies. Trying to find the best way to browse thru all threads.
or any other suggestions?

Well, if the user is posting the same thing all over, he/she will need some reminders. Worse case, suspension if advice doesn't get in. But hey, isn't she rather ridiculous to post everywhere.
kao_frustrated.gif

aa, ya.. as i was unable to log on to this forum on Thursday, so this morning when i check via past 72 hrs.. guess how much post i need to scroll? is 10000.. my god.. so much from 28/6 for the past 3 days activities..

Back