Alimony and child support

sassyger

Hello

Now in the midst of filing separation with husband. Can anyone advise me on how much to ask for would be fair to me and my baby.

depends on how much he declares his income to be, if you can prove his income.

if he pleads poverty and earns cash (ie no cpf) then it's going to be difficult to ask for even $200.

best bet is just to claim for baby and reserve the $1 claim for yourself.

though of course if he is a high-flyer then hey, it's just a matter of how you define your lifestyle to have been for him to continue to upkeep that said lifestyle.

Hi thanks! so do I have to discuss with him on the amount or can I get the lawyer to estimate based on information that I provide?

either way, he has to agree to the final amount or you'd have to bring it to court just to finalize the amount.

start with how much he earns.

oh, if u are working, then remember that the expenses of children and to be borne by both parents, not just one.

but if you have always been a SAHM, AND he can damn well afford it, then you should most definitely put in a claim for yourself so that you can continue to be a SAHM.

thank you so much for the information!!! Greatly appreciated!!! Really at a loss... everything happens so suddenly... it took so long to decide and plan for the marriage and yet so sudden for a separation... what an ironic...

thank you so much for the information!!! Greatly appreciated!!! Really at a loss... everything happens so suddenly... it took so long to decide and plan for the marriage and yet so sudden for a separation... what an ironic...

Even if you are not legally divorced, any parent can bring the other parent to court to make him/her pay for his/her share of the child's expenses.

http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/subcourts/apps/fcd_faqmain.aspx?qst=2fN7e274RAp%2bbUzLdEL%2fmCxs7iwcgv8gv2atNDOvsLBcSKSZgFUhcYgatJXPrNKoJSQCC%2fRwSUn9FCXLxVOAYDLmi8cigcOjSpgbufy1Zxh5%2fvVCExWlfJovFMsFNvtRcfAhwzzzhCWvnxDDCzsQCGg78NXixAupXwHzKzTbyfQGOnhCrCmRPRSYfstDkLsrVdAVkCF3jLLcRhajJHse%2fqNf37cat%2b1zAdV%2bci%2bUYonTbHqoikv2EA%3d%3d

Of course, if you think that you cannot be found by the authorities, then sure, just leave *shrug*

Hi anyone can help? My husband requested for a divorce stating that he have no feeling for me at all. Actual reason was he had a new gal. If I am earning quite the same as my husband but now that he committed adultry, when i have custody of my 2 children, can I also claim alimony since I have records that he has always been providing for us?

hi, if u have the care and control, then he have to pay maintenance for them.

Don't be so silly to play into his game. If he have a affair, get the evidence against him and file. Don't let him use the excuse that he have no feeling for u.

Understnad the women charter, if he is responsible in breaking up the marriage, he would have to pay for the cost.

some men are so irresponsible.

Depressed, u should really file the divorce based on his affairs. And make sure u get alimony from him, don't let him off so easily.

But if I am earning about the same as him but he has all the while pay for everything. Can I still claim alimony? Reason is bcos he is a man with a high position in an MNC but I am only doing sales which does not guarantee an income forever. I see him thru degree but I am only a diploma holder. I am worried for my future.

depressed, once a man married a women, he have to provide for her till the day she die or remarried.

If he have been paying for everything, it's better. He have to provide for the same kind of life for u and your children, if there is a divorce.

What u should worry now is to built up a case against him for divorce. Since he already suggest to file a divorce, it's better u get some evidence against him, in case he become nasty and refused to give u what u want.

depressed, i have been through what u gone through, i understand how u feel.

But 1 very important thing u have to do is make sure is that everything is settle properly. Don't let him take advantage of your situation and make sure he paid for what he did.

Hi,

Can anyone pls advise me? My husband has been pressing me for a divorce. He asked me to settle everything peacefully. I will get DD but he insisted on a maintenance sum of $500 per mth. He said becoz he is a salesman, he got no fixed income(basic 1200+commission). Plus he is ard 40k in debt(credit card bills) and he owns a car. And even if i try to file for higher alimony in court, i will be on the losing end as his colleague who is in a similar situation, ended up paying his wife only 200/mth instead of the 300 she requested. But the 2 years of my husband's NOA shows ard 40+k. Does this help?

I am a SAHM and my DD is only 1+. I hope to get 1k for maintenance while I try to secure a job and send DD to childcare. But he said it's impossible as he got to plan for himself, wanted to purchase a cheap condo unit to stay in as after the sale of our hse, he got no roof. So if he were to give me 1k in maintenance, he do not have enough $ to plan for his future. And he refused to move back into his parents hse.

And the reason for the divorce, he got a vietnam girl outside. But he insisted that the reason for divorce is due to our differences. I do not have the $ to hire a PI to gather evidence.

I am very lost now. Any kind souls to offer me advices? Thanks.

Hi, I was divorced with my ex husband (Singapore PR) in 2009. In our divorced settlement my ex husband agreed to pay x amount of monthly maintenance allowance to our children and the statement was endorse by the high court in Sabah and Sarawak at Kota Kinabalu but fail to service the monthly maintenance from the very 1st month. Me and my children are also the nominees of his CPF.
I was wondering, is there any way that I can claim certain amount of the maintenance fees in anyway?

Thank you.

hi, i had a lived in partner for 3 years and we had a baby now and unfortunately he is not supporting our baby but i know where he is working and his not calling me anymore. is it possible to ask for a child support though where in different country while he is singapore? pls advice me.. thanks!

I also need some mummies advise for the Alimony, I have a son age 6yrs old, next yr to P1, thinking to give up the job for full time house wife to take care my son for P1, as currently cant get the nearer day care and he have to attend some class, got not choice may need to give up my job. Now the problems is I cant life together w my husband as many things happen and I felt to be a single dun to be suffered any more w his weird character...pls help to advise me how to get a cheap & gd lawyer for consult?

I've got a question to ask and wonder if anybody if able to provide me with an answer. Thank you in advance.

If during the divorce the wife did not asked for alimony from the husband with the private agreement that the husband is to provide for the children.
However now the husband goes back on his word and no longer provides for the children, is it still possible now for the wife to fight for alimony?

For information the divorce was around 4-5 years back and now the children are all over 21 years old.

Back