Aircon temperature for babies

Mummies i need some advice here.. appreciate it.. i'm desperate.

Is it alright to have aircon on at 23 degrees and baby dressed in only in sleepsuit, no blanket? Is it alright that baby's hands are cold to the touch?

Should baby's hands and legs be always kept warm or ok to be cold?

hi newmum, the nurses at the hospital tells me the temperature at the nursery is 24 degrees...the newborns are all swaddled as u know.

i suggest having a higher temp about 26 degrees & let baby dress in sleepsuit, no blankets.

Actually, my view is that the temp need not be cold, but just cool enough not to feel humid.
It takes trial and error to find that ideal temp, ard 26-28.

Cold hands is not a good condition to be in.

thanks mummies, for your replies. Have any of you come across children that sleep in aircon room and developed asthma eventually? I'm kind of worried now cos baby has been sleeping in aircon room since birth ....

Hi Mummies,

My hubby is doing air con service, if anyone of you keen for looking for air con service, can pm me for quotation.

Thanks

my PD used to tell me 25-27 degrees celsius. Doesnt matter if u cover blanket or not, as long as baby doesnt look uncomfortable and the body, hands legs and face feels warm to touch.

Agree with first-born, different babies have diff threshold for heat/coldness. My bb enjoys cold environment and was flinging off mittens and blanket (27 degrees thereabout).

When i was a baby i dont even have aircon
happy.gif

Back