Agape Little Uni (Kallang) - Infant care

Hi Eileen/ Reiner,

I just received the details on this year's graduation ceremony. They holding it at Marriot Hotel. The pkg for customs, 2 adult tix and high tea is $220 and extra tix at $80. I find it very expensive....still comtemplating if we are going.

I've no choice but to go cos my boy's in K2.
I do agree dat this is the child's 1st graduation ceremony n we should make it memorable for them but e question is: is there a need for such extravagance? I'll b over e moon if they hv gone such an extra mile for their curriculum n basic needs such as reducing e tr student ratio.
I guess the management just wants to up their branding, prestige n market value. They r jus wanting to be on par w other branded childcare centers.

me got the know graduation thingy from my gal's classmate mummy... is 220bucks... too ex... not going... as my gal is is K1, 不关事... keke...

not only agape is "uping" their brand, lots of others cc are doing too... what does it help for the kids eh? hope it'll be @ its own pl, its more 亲切... and the kid is gonna graduate from the pl and not what what hotel mah...

haha... totally agree with eileen yo...
"I'll b over e moon if they hv gone such an extra mile for their curriculum n basic needs such as reducing e tr student ratio."

is tr pauline taking K2? how is she eh? long time no see her...

hi eileen,

can share what are the stuffs tot in K2 eh?
1) spelling - eng & chinese - when start? how is spelling learnt for english? thru memory??
2) any 成语
3) creative writing for eng & chinese bo?
4) how aobut maths, sci?
5) homework bo?

very very worry of my gal leh... dunno is agape is lacking or my girl cant catch up... my niece is doing a lot more than my girl... @ least point 1 & 2 are given to her @ the begin of yr but agape not doing it... only in K2...

Hi Reiner,

I feedback to the CC principal that $220 is too much. Yes, many CCs now "uping" their brandname. But, to me, they can actually find a place big enough at some clubhouse which cost a fraction of price of holding it at a hotel and get much better food and ambience.

How you find the new principal at your DD's CC. Any improvement seen after she is posted there?

I think for K1s, still can let the kids enjoy lah...too 夸张 to make them learn spelling lah. I am more for strengthening their language skills like them reinforcing their phonics teachings rather than teaching memory works.

My DDs have their PTC this Saturday, I will feedback to their teachers again on their phonics teachings.

Hi snowball,

agreed too... if they can find clubhouse or even CC, am sure these places are big enough to accomdate all agapes kids yo....

you mean P yingying from CCK? she's @ kallang... but my kids are @ cecil yo... my niece still @ kallang, heard my sil said she's always have smile on her face, greets parents, hug the kids... she's warm yah...

me KS bah... but scary to hear what my niece is doing lor.... of coz me want my kids to have a carefree school life....

how's the PTC? update here yo....

hi mummies

I just call up Agape in jurong br., intend to put my son next Jan when turn 2yrs old, the fees up to $1000 per month now (b4 subsidy) Last yr Dec i call only $900. going to visit the centre tomorrow, can anyone give me comments, will meet Mrs Neo, she is the pricipal?

thanks.

hi,
may i know what does K1 and k2 students learn? is their academic strong?
so far how is their art lesson, wat did they do?

How abt cooking lesson?

for extra enrichment lessons, wat r being offer? did u all sign up?

Thanks.

Hi all,

I am considering to enrol my 22mths daughter in Agape Clementi branch in Dec this year for N1 class. The branch only starts operating in Oct so only managed to see the environment. One of the main concern I have is the teacher children ratio. They follow the mcys ratio though I had thought ration should be better for the fees they are charging. I was told the same applies for other branches. Can parents in existing Agape branches share if you feel this is a concern? I feel that the attention of 1:12 and 2:24 is different. Personally prefer the classes to be smaller. Are your kids in such big classes too?

Hi Preciousthots,

Both my kids are with Agape CCK Br. So far, their teacher-to-child ratio is below the MCYS stipulated ratio. My DD1 in PG/N1 with 22 kids and they have 3 teachers. When she was in PG class last yr, her class got 5 kids to 1 teacher. My DD2 in K1, 14 kids to 2 teachers (used to have 20 kids but some transferred to One-North Br).

I was also concerned with the teacher-to-child ratio and I remembered the centre principal then did tell me that they are aiming to reduce the ratio (that was one of the reasons for the fee hike then when I placed my DD1 there more than 2 yrs ago). Now, they are going for another fee hike. So, I do agree that they shld have better teacher-to-child ratio.

Hi Snowball,

Thanks for sharing. May I ask how much is the increase of fees you are referring to? Just want to understand as the fees they are charging is already on the higher side (clementi is $1177 and one-north is $1284 which is higher than Learning Vision) so I would be worried in terms of affordablity if they have fee hike every few yrs. Could you pls also share your views of the school in terms of curriculum ? Thanks in advance
happy.gif

Hi Preciousthots,

The fare hike is $100 this time round. But, applicable for new intakes (phewwwww). I guess most CCs will review their fee structure every few years. Even under the same group, the fees charged are different (dependent on location & the rental they pay for the place, I guess).

I should say the teachers' T/O at my kids' branch is considered low as compared to some of the branches. The teachers at least follow-thro' the whole year so far.

Cirriculum wise - I find Agape stronger in Chinese than English which is a good complement for us as we speak mostly English at home.

In terms of discipline, my kids have no problem and the centre is always kept clean. My kids are also eating well in the CC.

I let my DD1 (in K1) join the additional classes - Art, English S & D( DD2 also join) & 3G Abacus. So far, my hb and I are quite happy with their progress there at this branch (tho' I've also heard of negative comments/ feedback from other parents).

So, I guess it all boils down to management of expectations.

Do visit the Ctrs of your choice, do your own observations & talk to the principal before you make your final decision.

Best of luck to you on your CC search
happy.gif

Hi I want to share my experience at Cecil.. The current teachers for PG/ N1 / N2 are all either not qualified, not trained or no experience.

The P told me that they recruited these teachers becoz the teachers like to play w children. But we are paying a premium for agape n yet they cannot provide quality teachers.
These teachers also write their own lesson plans n I seriously doubt the P looks at it altho they represented these new teachers were guide along the way..

Feels like my kid is like a learning tool for agape to train their new teachers..

My kid loves the teachers there n its v troublesome to change cc . Have feedback many times to them that they need experienced n qualified teachers but I keep getting g excuses that such teachers are hard to find.

For mummies who hv kids in Cecil I hope we ca. Have a stronger voice on this. So far everyone seem quite silent n they tink they have no problem... Sigh

Wow... price keep increasing but quality keep decreasing? My kid is at Kallang and I too am not impressed with the teachers' standard. He is promoted to K1 this year and I actually thought of putting him into a kindergarten but can't due to logistic issues. Sigh... It's frustrating that we are paying so much yet we are not getting what we are paying for.

Btw, I saw that infantcare has increased to $1.6k. That's alot of money just taking care of a baby's needs.

If more parents feedback maybe the P will inform the director n they can review their curriculum etc . I dun mind paying a premium if they are gd.

Btw heard a lot of bb withdraw from Cecil infant care.. Duno what's wrong..

hi my has been attending the one in serangoon. teachers have been changing since day one. My girl always complain about it worst case is they combine K2 and K1 together sometimes and during naptime.

Hi Mummies, does anyone has the contact details of Agape Little Uni directors? Need to provide some feedback and would like to speak to Mrs Chan personally.

Hi

I don't have the contact of the director but i wrote a letter to the centre principal and the director came down to the centre to speak to me. I'm sorry to say that I was utterly disappointed with her. She was adamant and insistent on her views and when i questioned her further, she can't answer and just insisted that that's the way she runs her centre and if I m not happy, I can withdraw my child. She is not event coherent at some point of time. She knows that our (parents') hands are tied and we are, to a certain extent, at their mercy.
My child is still in Agape SOLELY cos of logistics issues.

Hi,

Just something to share. I was considering agape kallang last year but due to some comments from mummies, I decided to give it a miss. Currently my gal is at kallang cc. Though it's far compared with agape. Not trying to promote them. They are not excellent but good enough for me. In my opinion a frequent change of teachers will not be good for the children. Anyway that's just my humble opinion after chancing upon this thread.

Just to be fair, i give the thumbs up for the new Principal MS HO..... She's v hands on, v friendly, v approachable, n truly love the children

hi there,

i enrolled my child in agape at sin ming area, mid view city. its really good! my child learnt alot there and i like their smooth progression
(curriculum)from PG to K1, so at least i know that i dont have to worry when my child enters primary school.

liewb, you wana enrol your child there too?

hi wonder if anyone has their child currently @ Agape One-North.. Any recent feedbacks on them? Had recently visited the centre and quite liked the environment.. but jus like to get some comments from mummies here
happy.gif

Hi, I'm selling a preloved stacking cot use in Agape Little Uni at $70. Condition 9/10, bought from a mommy but did not use as we found another vacancy in a nearer childcare. Self collect at hougang, pls pm me for picture if interested

Hi

I don't have the contact of the director but i wrote a letter to the centre principal and the director came down to the centre to speak to me. I'm sorry to say that I was utterly disappointed with her. She was adamant and insistent on her views and when i questioned her further, she can't answer and just insisted that that's the way she runs her centre and if I m not happy, I can withdraw my child. She is not event coherent at some point of time. She knows that our (parents') hands are tied and we are, to a certain extent, at their mercy.
My child is still in Agape SOLELY cos of logistics issues.

Oh so you encountered the same thing. I spoke to her and she just told me off that the school is run this way and asked us to find another place. I thought what an arrogant woman and if we had really been unreasonable in speaking to her. Now I know this is her style and one year on, after so many children has left and teachers have left, she is still so rude and proud. No wonder the school standards are dropping and there is now so few children in places like orange grove and cecil.

I heard that kallang is also quite messy, hence they have sent a few of their best teachers there. Looking at mummies feedback, seems like cck and cashew branches are just as screwed up. If they cannot cope and attend to parents, then don't expand so many branches. To me that is greed and not giving the best to the children.

Hi Mummies, does anyone has the contact details of Agape Little Uni directors? Need to provide some feedback and would like to speak to Mrs Chan personally.

You can forget about contacting the directors as they are the untouchables. When I wanted to meet her, I was told just to speak to the principal. Non of the staff know their whereabouts. And when I finally met up with the ladies. I got a shock of my life, the mmgt behind agape is so close minded and arrogant. And not to say the least.... Very rude. Totally different from the facade they claim the school motto to be

My friend who shared with me about this school.
Agape Little Uni is not a good school. She noticed that the Staffs turnover are high and there are lots of complaints from parents of the teachers as well as complaints of the Principle.
Their school fees are on the High side and yet they can't deliver the results. The Principle and the management are arrogant, not humble and not friendly.
They do not treat their staffs well and are really rude and bad and how can the teachers perform well if they are mistreated by the management. Most of their Chinese teachers comes from China.

Hi Mummies,

I am selling away a pre-loved stacking cot use in Agape. My child use it for 4 months, condition 9/10.
Selling at $68, interested pls pm.
Thank you.

I would recommend my kid school (Apollo international preschool). It is very clean. And the teacher are caring and loving. Cirriculum is very interesting. Enrichments included. Fees very reasonable.Low ratio. Provide good/nutritional food. In house nurse for ifc too. Complimentary dine take away for bb.

Back